[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: 5PnJx7BcCeq36PpeB7oGyQ.jpg (107KB, 795x446px) Image search: [Google]
5PnJx7BcCeq36PpeB7oGyQ.jpg
107KB, 795x446px
I love Marvel so I will not accept mediocrity from them. The story for Doctor Strange and Ant Man are just a lazy retool of the Iron Man script. I will not accept more lazy shit-tier villains when they know that's been their biggest criticism. I will not accept lazy humor(Strange is actually the first MCU movie where I felt the humor was forced and out of place). I'm done accepting two hour commercials for Avengers movies, I want real films. You are killing the MCU by giving MArvel a pass on this laziness.

I think the DCEU is shit but at least it looks like they're trying this time with Wonder Woman.
>>
>>87557825
It all looks like shit, my man. Watch real movies.
>>
>>87557825
Ant-Man wasn't that lazy honestly.

It made me feel for the characters more than Thor 1 did. It just had a lot of it going on while having a criminal and his small-time criminal friends do a heist mission in a Disney movie. Scott wasn't even arrogant and Pym's daughter wasn't just a supportive secretary.
>>
There used to be an understated subtlety to these falseflag threads.
>>
>>87557825
It's disney. Don't judge a kids movie through an adults eyes
>>
File: 1384395184693.png (270KB, 505x477px) Image search: [Google]
1384395184693.png
270KB, 505x477px
>>87557825
>at least it looks like they're trying this time with Wonder Woman.
I actually believed you were posting seriously until this.
6/10
>>
>at least it looks like they're trying this time with Wonder Woman.

By ripping off Captain America: The First Avenger?
>>
>>87557910
That's what I said about the film initially but after that second trailer where she actually uses her bracelets instead of that stupid shield, I've been onboard with the movie.
>>
>>87557951
The story is still pretty much the same, bro.
>>
>>87557875
>>87557880

>Demand that Marvel not put out mediocre films
>This is trolling

You fanboys are killing my favorite movie franchise.
>>
>>87558015
really?

i thought they were pretty amazing, and lots of fun to watch
>>
funny i quite like the dceu, snyder stuff at least, and think WW looks like shit
>>87557849
First post best post
>>
>>87557825
Anon, I hate to break it to you, but a lot of movies are re-tools of other movies. At this point, pretty much every kind of story has been told. Iron Man uses the classic story of a hero's origin through redemption. I think it's funny that modern audiences are so dumb that they only now realize that film plots are endlessly recycled because capeshit has them going to the movies on a regular basis.

>I think the DCEU is shit but at least it looks like they're trying this time with Wonder Woman.
I've got hope for Wonder Woman, but then, I actually enjoyed MoS and BvS, minus the obvious executive meddling in the latter. I think it's funny that Wonder Woman is garnering so much enthusiasm for finally being the "fun" and "uplifting" movie that DC fans want. In all honesty, it should be the most depressing DC film yet, because it's already confirmed that it ends with Diana losing her faith in mankind. Also it takes place during World War I. Have people never picked up a history book?
>>
>>87557825
>I will not accept mediocrity from them.
Wake up, son. Marvel became full mediocre after IM1 except WS.
>>
>>87557825
I'm sorry, the Wonder Woman movie looks like garbage. The slomo shoots look horrible, there is something wrong with the dolly zoom shots that they used. They set it in WWI but they clearly want to use NAZI scientist imagery. Not to mention it doesn't look like they are going to use the theme of loving submission at all.
>>
>>87557825
>I'm done accepting two hour commercials for Avengers movies

So you didn't even watch Doctor Strange, huh?

Ok, opinion disregarded.
>>
>>87558010
>both movies have rich dudes in them
>100% SAME STORY GUISE!
>>
>>87558916
It's commercial man. IIRC the movie is 5 mins shy of being two hours. They did the generic origin story shit but instead they decided to hit all the crucial points without doing the footwork to get there. It doesn't feel like a real standalone film.
>>
>>87558965
Thanks for confirming you truly have not bothered to even watch the movie.

0/10 bait.
>>
>>87558986
So why dont you explain why I'm wrong instead of acting like a bitch fanboy and saying "hurr you didn't watch the movie!"
>>
>>87559037
avengers dont appear outside of "the avengers protect the physical world", avengers tower in the skyline of new york, thor in the end scene

its actually a pretty self contained movie
>>
>>87559037
>hurr you didn't watch the movie
Because you clearly didn't and are just throwing bait out there to rile people up.

At least attempt to look like you have any clue as to what you're talking about.
>>
>>87557849
Remember when super hero movies were good and we would be mad that they weren't considered real movies...
Now they're shit and critics accept them as real movies.
>>
>>87559081
Are you fucking autistic? When I say "it's a commercial for an Avengers movie" it literally doesn't mean the Avengers show up. I even stated why I thought the film wasn't complete.

>>87559093
You still didn't present an argument.
>>
>>87559116
probably just a minority here on /co/

but maybe we can like and accept these movies as entertaining and fun, and the reason critics and non-/co/ fans alike give it high scores is because it is pretty good, not just mediocre, but actually genuinely fun ?
>>
>>87559125
>You still didn't present an argument.
And you haven't shown any actual proof of watching the movie.
>>
>>87559125
>it literally doesn't mean the Avengers show up.

They're only even mentioned in like 2 lines of the entire movie, you dumb nigger.

You'd know this if you'd have bothered to actually watch the movie.
>>
>>87558936
>both movies have arrogant protagonists
>HURR DURR IRON MAN RIPOFF

???
>>
>>87559393
it was making fun of >>87558010

Because, aside from having the protagonist start off as an arrogant rich dude, they have virtually nothing in common.
>>
>>87557825
>I love Marvel

lol, retard.
>>
>>87559343
>I need to show proof I watched a blockbuster movie that literally everyone has seen already

I've seen the movie. I can literally stream it on my laptop right now by typing it into Google. Stop being fucking stupid.

>>87559386
>This much autism
>>
>>87557825
Man fuck off. DC is the shittiest company of all time
>>
File: 1411614486920.jpg (55KB, 300x300px)
1411614486920.jpg
55KB, 300x300px
>>87559148
>fun

Is this really what all criticism and taste amounts to these days?
>>
>>87559677
Nice counter-argument. Have 0.10 $.
>>
>>87559614
>I've seen the movie.
Then you'd know that none of the things you're bitching about apply to the movie.

>>This much autism
Probably the most ironic thing said in this thread.
>>
File: 1478382107233.jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1478382107233.jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>87557825
You don't get to be entitled to anything OP. Not only have you obviously never read a comic, but you're part of the people who set that standard for Marvel movies.

Maybe you're starting to be of an age where you should branch out of blockbuster movies rather than asking for blockbuster movies to be daring and creative.

>it looks like they're trying this time with Wonder Woman.
Hahaha, oh wow.
>>
>>87557825
I'm not big fan of their movies nor do I read their comics, but I can't deny that they are smart and know how to please their audience without putting a lot of efforts.

And as someone who like DC and was really hopeful about DCEU, WB is a freaking mess and have no idea what to do. I even lost hope in Batman after they announced Deathstroke as the main villain.
>>
>>87559796
>>87559896
>if the MCU is shit, so is the DCEU
You seem upset.
>>
>>87557825
>I think the DCEU is shit but at least it looks like they're trying this time with Wonder Woman.
they try every time they just fail... which honestly is a good thing because at some point hopefully they'll stop failing and have great movies

Marvel will never fail because they will never try they'll just keep playing it safe because it works out so well for them
>>
>>87560061
>trying this hard
WW looks like shit regardless of your opinion on the MCU and DCEU.
>>
I don't think either studio is particularly trying very hard to make good movies anymore. They're making movies that focus groups and market research would appeal to the most people.

Dr. Strange had some cool moments like all Marvel movies but it really felt like nothing was going on the whole time then suddenly things were happening. I always hate to bring it up because it's such a hack argument, but the pacing in Dr. Strange really was bad.

I don't have much faith for DC either. Wonder Woman looks really bad and cheesy. Should have been set in WW2 but that's not even the real problem.
>>
>>87560118
>being this mad
Cheer up, if Trump wins your favorite brand wins.
>>
>>87560232
You're so terrible at this.
>>
>>87560093
>they will never try
That's a fail.

>>87560140
>Should have been set in WW2
Yeah, so you could call it a Captain America ripoff. Better luck next time, MCUntie.
>>
>>87560266
>you aren't an expert troll like me
Shame is me.
>>
>>87560301
Indeed.
>>
>>87559725
>Literally this is the complaint of every single critic

Shill harder.

>>87559796
How is it obvious I've never read a comic? I guarantee to you I've read more comics than you have in your entire lifetime.
>>
>>87557825
Its ok when Disney does it.

MCU is not for real cómic book fans, its for hipsters, milenials and mainstream fucks.
>>
>>87557825
Nothing about Ant-Man was similar to Iron Man, what the fuck?

WRT Doctor Strange, their origins are not that different in the first place, and the Strange movie followed the comics pretty closely.
>>
>>87559716
Yeah, "fun" is totally just a buzzword people use when they can't actually describe what they like about something, right?
>>
Maybe...Marvel and DC are both shit in their own ways?
>>
>>87562470
Somewhat, DC used to have killer movies in the past that are still hard to top. They're just misguided in their current ventures and how they want to present that brand.

Marvel consistently makes pretty good movies out of their source material now but you can't help but feel some of the homogeneity seep in. It probably comes with the territory of having to have that shared universe while not totally going nuts with their characters. Idk, maybe Thor 3 will be when things can finally get weird, so far GOTG is the only one that stuck in my mind just over how much of a successful outlier it is compared to say Ant Man and so on.
>>
>>87559148
>>87562442
stop being autistic, no one saying that cant be fun, but that it shouldnt be the defining characteristic of a movie. If all you can say about it is that it was fun, then it wasnt that good. And that is true about all media and almost everything. You wouldn't stay with a partner just because they were fun and nothing else. If a game was just gun and not in anyway challenging or engaging you wouldnt stay with it for very long.

Its okay if something is fun, but that cant be an excuse to not be anything else.
>>
>>87560140
how is saying pacing is bad a hack argument? And I agree with you about the marvel movies.
>>
>>87560327
>How is it obvious I've never read a comic?
You implied that mediocrity from Marvel is in any way new.

>I've read more comics than you have in your entire lifetime.
Even if it was the case it would be lifetime vs lifetime, nothing impressive. And don't guarantee things you don't know you knobhead.
>>
>>87562729
>Marvel consistently makes pretty good movies
>>87563609
0.10 $ for this anon.
>>
>>87557825
Ant-Man is a masterpiece.
>>
>>87557825
>I will not accept mediocrity from them
Good thing they've been consistently shit for.years, then.
>>
File: CiCiCfqXEAIztug-1.jpg (30KB, 340x283px) Image search: [Google]
CiCiCfqXEAIztug-1.jpg
30KB, 340x283px
mfw I am going to see Strange again at a bargain Tuesday night showing
>>
Do Marvel care enough about Doctor Strange to diversify him?

He must feel like the only nun who didn't get raped when Muslims invaded the convent.
>>
>>87562729
GOTG is straight up typical Marvel formula. Nice meme though.
>>
>>87567436
whats wrong with typical formula? phineas and ferb was formula and that stuff was hilarious

and personally its a good formula, and marvel manages to make a movie thats seems fun and fresh despite it. or even because of it, since it provides a good framework to build on
>>
>>87557825
>I love Marvel so I will not accept mediocrity from them.

LOL YES YOU WILL NIGGA STOP LYING
>>
>>87557825
they arguably have 3 oood movies, depending on your tastes, for guardians, cap 2-3 or iron man 1
>>
>>87557825
>The story for Doctor Strange and Ant Man are just a lazy retool of the Iron Man script.

And the saddest part is that Iron Man didn't even had a script.
>>
It doesn't matter is is based or tied to a major studio. Get ready for mediocre, safe, factory produced regurgitated shit. Corporations don't like risking money so you'll never get something with artistic integrity from them. It's why so many directors leave. They just want bland puppets not visionaries. .
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.