[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Ice Age films, particularly the first one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: SidIceAge.jpg (50KB, 825x510px) Image search: [Google]
SidIceAge.jpg
50KB, 825x510px
Thoughts on the Ice Age films, particularly the first one?
>>
>>87537465
1st one is perfectly self contained, so anyone can watch it and stop there.
>>
First one is the only one that's good.

Second to fourth ones were awful.

Haven't seen the fifth one but I imagine it's awful as well.

>>87537726
One of the problems I notice is that they add too many new characters to each movie so the cast is very bloated now.

They also get too crazy with the timeskips. Girl mammoth gives birth to a baby at the end of the third movie. In the fourth movie, she's suddenly a teenager.
>>
>>87537836
>Girl mammoth gives birth to a baby at the end of the third movie. In the fourth movie, she's suddenly a teenager.
Felt that exact same way in Lion King 2 where characters like Zazu, Timon and Pumbaa stay the exact same age throghout both Simba and his daughter's lives
>>
File: tumblr_ocwjavHGeE1reahpvo3_400.gif (2MB, 350x148px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocwjavHGeE1reahpvo3_400.gif
2MB, 350x148px
>>87537465
Meh.
>>
>>87537870
Would you rather them turn out like this?
>>
>>87537465
I loved the first one when it came out, I still like it, so sad they had to milk it
>>
>>87537465
No thanks, I choose life
>>
File: Aquafina.jpg (52KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Aquafina.jpg
52KB, 640x360px
>>87537465
So regarding these movies, I'd have to say the following.

>1st movie
Obviously the best of the 5 and guaranteed a watch.
>2nd Movie
Not as great as the first, but it's still decent enough to watch
>3rd Movie
It's pretty "meh". Personally, Buck is the only reason why I kept on watching the movie so...yeah.
>4th and 5th
Wouldn't recommend because that's where shit starts getting ridiculous.
>The Christmas and Easter Specials
While completely unnecessary, they're just harmless specials that I feel deserve at least one viewing.
>>
>>87537905
Would fuck.
>>
>>87537870
Those characters are already adults, and age relatively well.

What, you want them to get wrinkles and beards or something?
>>
>>87537465

The first Ice Age is AMAZING, the rest are unwatchable garbage.
>>
>>87538528
*watchable garbage
Fixed.
>>
First one is pretty good. Second one was aonly decent, third was bad, but watchable. Never saw 4 or 5, or the TV specials.

I'll rewatch the Scrat and Sid shorts more than the movies actually.
>>
>>87537465
It was pretty somber, actually. Decent film.
>>
File: scrattee.png (199KB, 497x547px) Image search: [Google]
scrattee.png
199KB, 497x547px
ice age on ice
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.