[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would /co/ write a bisexual character without people thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 2770863227_5c4df51ab8_b.jpg (129KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
2770863227_5c4df51ab8_b.jpg
129KB, 1024x683px
How would /co/ write a bisexual character without people thinking they are one way or the other?
>just make them say it
Too easy, plus people will accuse you of pandering.
>>
>>87536389
Have them fuck and or date people of both sexes.
There you go.
>>
>>87536389
There's a scene where he/she gets fucked in the ass while eating pussy.
>>
>>87536389
You can't. Because people will always insist they are either straight or gay, no in betweens. Even LGBT community in fandoms will deny characters being a part of them e.g. character can't be bi if they are currently in a straight relationship.
>>
Write a character sexually attracted to both men and women and then ignore what retards on /co/ say.
>>
>>87536389
Just have them date both men and women throughout their existence in a series or happen to express desire towards both at different points in time while other characters are also doing so?
>>
>>87536389
Just show them seem interested in someone of both parties at one point, easy.
Not like a full out crush, more like meeting an attractive stranger.
>>
>>87536389
Daken And Constitine worked alright.
>>
>>87536389
have them date a man and a woman at the same time/in an open relationship/on again off again
>>
>>87536389

Constantine
>>
>>87536389
have them attracted to a 'type' of person, regardless of gender.
>>
"I like people."
>>
File: xf_209_01b.jpg (923KB, 1280x2010px) Image search: [Google]
xf_209_01b.jpg
923KB, 1280x2010px
Shatterstar.
>>
>>87536489
Like Sara Lance from CW DCTV?
>>
>>87536489
This but also maybe confirm irl that so and so character is bi. Otherwise you'll get >>87536439
as a bi, I am so fucking sick of that shit
>>
>>87537133
Shatterstar's great. He enjoys life to the fullest, whether he's stickin' his sword or his... sword into somebody.
>>
>>87537133
>Fictional character in-universe is best representative of bisexuality
>>
>>87537359
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
Well, I am writing a bisexual character. She's in a lesbian relationship, and I treat it that way. Later, when she's in a threesome with my male protagonist, she's more comfortable than her partner, who is only experimenting.

There. Easy.
>>
>>87537404
I feel triggered and I don't know why
>>
>>87536389

>>>/out/
>>
>>87536389

Show them coming out of a threesome with a straight couple
>>
>>87536389
have both ex boyfriends and ex girlfriends
make them romantically interested in one or more girls and one or more guys at the same time
have them dating someone of one sex but try to entice people of the other sex into threesomes
have them verbally or nonverbally exhibit annoyance whenever someone disregards the possibility of someone being bi
have them verbally or nonverbally exhibit guilt when realizing they just did the same thing themself
have them be unphased or otherwise undeterred by someone they find attractive changing sex due to weird plot shit or turning out to possess a different set of genitals to what they thought they did
>>
>>87536389
Homesexual relationship with hetero affairs/cheating.
>>
>>87536389
>without people thinking they are one way or the other?
Why is it necessary for this to be clear to the viewer? It is plot relevant?
>>
diversity quota or whatever aside, the easiest way to avoid just running with the stereotypes is to have three or more characters of [minority demographic].When you have one such character, people tend to see that token character as representative of all such people in your franchise. When you have two, people are quick to assume the most sympathetic one is how you think [minority] 'should' be while the least sympathetic is how they shouldn't, in your opinion. But when you have three (or more) you can engage with stereotypes and prevalent tropes without it coming across as some kind of whatever.
Like, the bi slut is a stereotype. but bi sluts are also real, I am one. so if you have three of them, you can compare and contrast a bi slut with a bi romanticist and a repressed bi. you can also compare and contrast each of them with non-bi characters in ways unique to them that flesh them out more. crappy, off the top of my head examples, the bi slut gets along well with the straight womanizer because they bond over their sexual escapades. the bi romantic finds a connection with their gay boss upon finding out they both enjoy planning their hypothetical wedding as a hobby. the closeted bi gets frequently annoyed as the psuedo-ronin because the psuedo-ronin wont stop bitching about how they failed their lord in a way that reminds the closet bi of their own fear of failing their religious parents if they ever end up having relations with someone of the same sex

the more [blank] you have, the more you can give them flaws, vices and conflicts without it seeming like slander against the whole demographic
>>
File: 54352332w6356342.gif (1MB, 450x268px) Image search: [Google]
54352332w6356342.gif
1MB, 450x268px
>>87536389
Have them in heterosexual relationships in for 50+ episodes and make them gay in the last 10 seconds of the show.
>>
You know how Sadie lusts after Lars' pointy dick, but she still is blushing and clearly squirming with lust over Stevonnie?

I'd do something like that. Have them showing clear interest in both genders.
>>
Will they be dating anyone? If you don't want to use dating/couples you could always have the character mention exes, or just show some attraction to either sexes like checking someone out.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.