[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 46

File: prollywearsdiapers.png (283KB, 419x392px) Image search: [Google]
prollywearsdiapers.png
283KB, 419x392px
Welcome to atop the 4th Chan where ITT you can discuss bad comics

What are some of the worst you've read or hate, would like recommendations.
>>
Blackgas 2, by Warren Ellis. What an awful ending to a mediocre series.
>>
>>87533786
Let's think off the top of my head...

Bendis' non street stuff
Anything that Jeph Loeb has touched since the death of his son
The Crossing
All of Aaron's X-Men run. That's right. All of it.
>>
>>87533786
BRRFFT
>>
>>87533819
That had the worst pacing and decompression I'd ever seen him use. Or maybe that was the artist's fault? But then again it was like it ended by the second issue and the third issue was absolute filler.
>>
HMMMMMMMM?

Current Squirrel Girl is a creative and artistic abortion. Not like classic Squirrel Girl was a masterpiece, but the recent stuff is even shittier shit.

Sorry if I'm kicking a dead horse.
>>
>>87533786
Isn't he fucking another tranny now?
>>
>>87534498
not sure senpai but she's a black horse cartoon fan
>>
>>87534498
I don't think this one's a tranny, but she is a landwhale at least.
>>
>>87534498
No, the tranny broke up with him and when it was discovered via an old forum account that he used the same email he uses for his channel on he has denied all of his lusting for dick.
Also, he's a poopy puffer.
>>
Lightbringer
>>
HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM???
>>
One thing I loathe about graphic novels from my country, France, is that they fucking suck at lettering and speech bubbles.

Shit, even some of the most notorious ones. Sometimes even when it's not done by the artists themselves and by "pro letterers" so there is no excuse.
>>
File: CWC Vaccine.jpg (207KB, 819x1050px) Image search: [Google]
CWC Vaccine.jpg
207KB, 819x1050px
>>87533786
>the worst you've read
Sonichu
>>
File: Foxfire Comic.jpg (1MB, 1059x1856px) Image search: [Google]
Foxfire Comic.jpg
1MB, 1059x1856px
>>87533786
>worst you've read
Foxfire by Gonterman
>>
File: Orc Rape.gif (77KB, 900x588px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Rape.gif
77KB, 900x588px
>>87533786
>worst you've read
Dominic Deegan
>>
>>87535033
had it coming
>>
File: Assigned male - Hospital.jpg (637KB, 1280x1717px) Image search: [Google]
Assigned male - Hospital.jpg
637KB, 1280x1717px
>>87533786
>worst you've read
Assigned Male
>>
>>87533786
I'd rather talk about how OP is a dirty cock slut
>>
File: rsz_tcb_961.png (187KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_tcb_961.png
187KB, 350x339px
>>87533786
The Conversion Bureau
Though this is less (web)comic more fanfiction its still pretty horrifying.

>The details of these fics vary Depending on the Writer, and they don't occur in the same canon, but they do share common elements. Conversion Bureau fics are set on an Earth some time in the future, where the island (or pocket universe) of Equestria has suddenly appeared in the sea. Unfortunately, the realm of Equestria is pushing into Earth's territory, and the magic of Equestria is lethal to humans. In a few short years, Equestria will flood Earth with magic, and there will be nowhere left for humanity to live. To fix this, Princess Celestia sets up "Conversion Bureaus" all around Earth, offering the humans the chance to be turned into ponies and eventually live in Equestria.

Complicating that, however, is that ponification—as the process is called—is heavily debated both in- and out-of-universe. In-universe, this leads to ideologues forming terrorist groups. One, the Human Liberation Front (HLF), is violently anti-pony; the other, Ponification for Earth's Rebirth (PER), sees ponification as a sacrament which absolves humans of their vices, and which should be given to every human on the planet, whether they like it or not.

Hope you fags like being turned into cartoon horses
>>
>>87533786
Everything that bears the Marvel logo and has been made in the past ten years.
>>
>>87535164
WILL THIS SHIT NEVER DIE
>>
>>87535015
B..but if everyone will be hetero, won't all those handsome gays take all the girls away from him?
>>
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

He's okay as a flowchart for why bad comics are bad to be fair
>>
File: 1468893023895.png (373KB, 660x582px) Image search: [Google]
1468893023895.png
373KB, 660x582px
>>87535289
Explain
>>
File: Dominic Durgan.png (39KB, 726x286px) Image search: [Google]
Dominic Durgan.png
39KB, 726x286px
>>87535033
Brings me back.
>>
>>87533786
Have sex
>>
>>87535026
what the fuck
>>
>>87535375
Durgan's funny in the most juvenile way possible and I love it.
>>
File: 439px-20060331[1].jpg (41KB, 439x600px) Image search: [Google]
439px-20060331[1].jpg
41KB, 439x600px
>>87533786
>>
>>87533786
WHEN'S THE NEXT HISTORY OF POWER RANGERS COMING OUT?
>>
File: vescell-5-500x500.jpg (149KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
vescell-5-500x500.jpg
149KB, 500x500px
Oooh boy I've read some real stinkers in my time but this one wins hands down.
>>
TMNT: Casey and April. Ugh.

Honorable mention to Godzilla Oblivion, which at least had some neat art.
>>
>>87535718
>Resorting to titties and Hitler clones by issue 5.
How desperate can you be?
>>
>>87533786
>What are some of the worst you've read
Superior Spider-Man
>>
>>87533786
Cole Phelps really let himself go.
>>
File: Sss7.jpg (170KB, 487x750px) Image search: [Google]
Sss7.jpg
170KB, 487x750px
Someone defend this
>>
>>87535135
I still maintain that this is some sort of satire.

Worst I've read is Earth 2 between Robinson and Abnett, and the main Convergence books by extension.
>>
>>87535941
I've read worse, but the way Maxx is treated like he's the Hulk pisses me off to no end. He's one of the most loquacious and insightful characters in early Image and he's reduced to "MAXX SMASH WHERE IS JULIE MAXX WANTS JULIE."
>>
>>87535963
How about Spawn showing up for two panels and only saying one word
>>
File: 1446401220317.png (174KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446401220317.png
174KB, 641x600px
>>
>>87535026
>Bond with me jimmy.
>>
Megatokyo, haven't touched it since high school but I have some books for it.

Story and writing is a convoluted mess.
>>
Web comic? MOJ

Comic Comic? Nu52 superman.

Flavor of the month. Mockingbird
>>
File: When you get a new writer.png (1019KB, 800x694px) Image search: [Google]
When you get a new writer.png
1019KB, 800x694px
>>87535973
No, that's in character.
This shit is simply unacceptable.
>>
>>87533786
Strong Female Protagonist.
Just... ugh.
Also, I need to check the AT4W site.
It's been awhile.
>>
>>87534036
>Miss Allison, mah aynuss hath sprung a leak! Ah need baybee wipes, pronto!
>>
>>87535026
Please tell me that his has more, please.
>>
Lightbringer, seriously who wrote this mess?
>>
>>87535164
I heard of this awhile back, it attracted a lot of misanthropes, and a lot of hate in the process. Eventually (or perhaps because of the rabid misanthropy) parodies designed to mock or poke holes in the premise.
>>
>>87533786
Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow

ALAN MOORE I WILL GET MY VENGEANCE ON YOU!

NO AMOUNT OF GOOD COMICS WILL FORGIVE THIS TRAVESTY!
>>
>no one nominated the Unholy Trinity of Marville, Trouble and Unfunnies
Step up your game, /co/
>>
File: Beyond1.jpg (55KB, 250x383px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond1.jpg
55KB, 250x383px
Beyond comes to mind. I only read it because I was trying to read through all of Gravity's appearances, and it was pretty bad. After finishing it I used the tern "Schlock" for the first time in my life.
>>
>>87536442
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>87535164
This would actually be cool if there were more factions.

>I'd rather be a VAMPIRE than a pony...hey that gives me an idea!
>Pony magic is an affront to God, we must Crusade against them!
>Pony magic is haram and an insult to Allah, we must engage in a Holy War against them!
>Oy vey, no humans means no shekels...we Jews can't let this happen!

>SCIENCE is the answer (cue giant robots, cyborg enhancements, and power suits)
>we must trust that the superheroes will return to save us
>we have lost our way; the only thing we can do against them is re-energize our ki and gain more power through martial arts
>fight magic with magic; we have to regain our knowledge of the olden times

>aliens show up
>NOPE NOPE NOPE
>>
>>87536442
>>87536594
I too would like to know, I remember when this was released and having no interest in reading it.
>>
>>87536401
It wasn't even that bad though. The premise was awful.
>>
File: brock.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
brock.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>87536594
Dumb dialog, characters being uncharacteristically bitchy to each other, lame villain. And the plot is basically Hunger Games with marvel characters, and not in a good way, so it's already kind of dead on arrival. Plus it came out during a time when Marvel was making weird changes to the status quo that were sort lived since nobody liked them. Wonder-Man was Kraven for a while I guess? and scorpion was Venom? and I think Medusa was actually Mary Jane, I don't know it was hard to follow.
MFW throughout most of it.
>>
>>87536704
The premise was fine, the execution is awful. I'm making my own version of Superman's last adventure. We'll see if I care more about the character than Moore does when I finish.
>>
>>87535164
YOU FOOL! YOU'LL SUMMON HIM!

I wrote for this actually. Community wasn't so bad, and the misanthrope shit didn't last that long actually. Half of us just used it as an easy way to integrate ponies and humans.
Until Chatoyance arrived anyway. THEN it went to complete shit, and that's when I left. There was literally a schism, and Chatoyance was kicked out of the group for stirring up so much shit, but the damage was already done. She made her own Conversion Bureau group call "The Real Cnnversion Bureau." That pic you used if one of hers btw.
>>
>>87534052
In no particular order my top 5
>Ken Penders entire run of Archie Sonic
>Titans: Villains for Hire
>Marville
>Girls
>Countdown
>>87535963
Did you seriously expect Ken Penders to actually do any bit of research whatsoever?
>>87535941
Somehow not the worst thing Penders wrote
>>
>>87536778
This sounds hilarious. I hope no one gets banned for this, but I'm interested in the inner-politics and drama now. I want more info despite it being dangerous. You think mods will mind if we bend the rules slightly?
>>
File: linkarascomic.jpg (125KB, 698x956px) Image search: [Google]
linkarascomic.jpg
125KB, 698x956px
>>87533786
lightbringer
>>
>>87536797
What is the worst thing Ken Penders wrote?
>>
>>87536831
>>87533786
I mean, what kind of psycho writes this thing?
>>
>>87533786
Civil War 2.
>>
>>87536442
I totally forgot about this. And Gravity. Now I'm sad.
>>
>>87536841
Linkara is just like a step down from Chris-Chan in terms of Autism, you should hear the stories from when all of those nostalgia website jerkoffs were shooting their little movie
>>
>>87536831
Reminds me of those crazy flowcharts with no good end.
>>
>>87536882
He hasn't been seen since before Secret Wars and I'm worried.
>>
>>87536074
Most of /co/ doesn't read comics, few of us have read The Maxx, and the overlap with Archie's Sonic is probably even smaller.

You're going to be hard pressed to find someone who shares your pain.
>>
>>87536885
They're all autistic gold mines
>>
File: Owlbear.jpg (51KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
Owlbear.jpg
51KB, 370x500px
>>87536806
I dunno. It's not exactly comics but I don't mind.
I'm not sure where to start really. At the start there were like 8 of us that wrote stories. I was one of the last of those to join at the beginning. Ironically, I think more than half of us joined because we hated the original The Conversion Bureau story. Most because it was a neat concept that was done poorly, and others that wanted to write a revenge fic. Common theme through almost all of them though was Earth and humanity were in a real tough spot due to some usual dystopic situation.
The stories tended to come in 3 flavors:
Grim Dark Body Horror Invasion: Wherein the colorful little things were just candy color soldiers forcibly converting Humanity. 10 Rounds and 10 Minutes were the best in this genre in my opinion.
The it's just a rough time type: Wherein Humans are just in a tough spot and looking for some kind of escape, and find it in Ponies. Most common if I recall. I think Azure Wind was in this category, and also one where the protagonist turned into a tree.
The last type is the Bureau and Potion are barely mentioned: Usually humans and ponies are getting along in this one and there is no real conversion threat. Least written type, but it's the kind I wrote.
Drama wise, in the beginning it came from outside with people calling us all misanthropes. Then the hate died down and people actually started not minding us. It was great. IRC chats were we talked about everything except ponies.

THEN CAME CHATOYANCE. All I had to do was look at her user page to know we had attracted the worst sort of internet persona. Chatoyance had quite a history before entering our little community. None of it good. IT wrote one kind of stories: The misanthropic Humans don't have souls (I'm not kidding, IT wrote this) Ponies are essentially divine, Human Civilization was a mistake type stuff. Suddenly the group was filled with these type of stories
>>
>>87537024
jej

That's pretty funny. What's it called when an outside group invades the main one?

Should have built a wall.
>>
Injustice, if only because everyone is so retardedly OOC. The number of heroes following Superman is ludicrous.

That and the deaths. I get it, it isn't a happy series--the number of living heroes/villains is probably shorter than the death list. It's fucking dark but come on... pic related.

That being said it was still an entertaining, if painful, read.
>>
>>87533786

Lightbringer.
>>
Age of Ultron. What a steaming pile of shit.
>>
File: Sonically Ever After 3.png (759KB, 920x701px) Image search: [Google]
Sonically Ever After 3.png
759KB, 920x701px
>>87535026
This is incredible, is there more?
>>
>>87537241
>Both the event and the movie failed to just deliver an entertaining Ultron story.

You'd think it'd be impossible, he's so simple.
>>
File: Fire_and_Ice_issue_1.jpg (103KB, 850x1312px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_and_Ice_issue_1.jpg
103KB, 850x1312px
Resident Evil Fire and Ice.

A worse story than RE6, Gun Survivor and the second movie combined.
>>
File: Megan slaps your shoobeedoo.jpg (132KB, 741x493px) Image search: [Google]
Megan slaps your shoobeedoo.jpg
132KB, 741x493px
>>87537024
Massive amounts of users suddenly began to visit the Group, most favoring Chatoyance's stuff. Prevailing theory was there were Chatoyance's followers from else where. But we also got a great deal of criticism and heat from people who did not like Chatoyance's stories. This did not sit well with Chatoyance or IT's followers as they, in typical internet fashion, defended themselves with maximum aggression. It got real ugly, but I mostly kept my head down. It got so bad in fact, that a group that had rather peacefully coexisted with us before (the Anti-TCB as it was called) was now in fully attack mode. The group really began dissolving at this point. I was among those who just wanted to get distance from the whole mess.
Eventually, peace was established between the two groups when it was agreed Chatoyance was being disorderly, and was summarily kicked out of the group. This did not sit well with IT's followers, who threw a shit fit and followed IT in making a "True TCB"
I wasn't on much afterward. But from what I recall the original group fell apart, and the splinter continued jerking off Chatoyance.

That's about it really. And in typical fashion, while writing this I faced near constant interruptions! Just like back in the day. Ahh, the nostalgia.
>>
>>87537126
>that
>Not the rock
>>
File: Best death ever.jpg (227KB, 1280x999px) Image search: [Google]
Best death ever.jpg
227KB, 1280x999px
>>87537659
Trust me, I was torn on which death to post. No worries though, I'll make it up to you.
>>
>>87533786
Now that he's been brought up. Can someone explain to me the whole "Talking about me HMMMMMM" meme?
>>
>>87533786
>atop the 4th Chan
noice
>>
File: hmmmm.gif (237KB, 496x600px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.gif
237KB, 496x600px
>>87538155
Afaik it's kinda like the "poofy puffer"-meme.
Somebody probably just made it up and it stuck.
>>
>>87538155
I believe it's based on some shenanigans that occurred around the time of kickassia.

/tv/ should have the full details somewhere.
>>
>>87537299
Thanks, I didn't know there would be a part 2. This kind of stuff seems to happen often in every community, usually started by an obnoxious person who wants attention. Interesting to see how people handle it. Unfortunately it's usually in the same way, with the same results in the end.

Thanks for the info though. I would have written a story about this stuff detailing much cooler occurrences but it's probably not worth it. I don't like ponies anyway so whatever. I just liked the "forced conversion" aspect.
>>
>>87537844
This was actually the worst. Looks like the fake Killer Croc's strategy was the best.
>>
>>87538155
A guy on /tv/ claimed to work on one of the TGWTG anniversary colabs, and told his experience working with Linkara
He said the Lovehog walked up behind him and a co-worker and asked "Talking about me? Hmmmmm?"
It sounds believable, given then way he acts on camera
>>
File: pega-sai.jpg (90KB, 545x525px) Image search: [Google]
pega-sai.jpg
90KB, 545x525px
>>87538594
Yeah. It happens.
Really sucks when it hits your favorite vidya communities.
>>
>>87535212
CWC's homohate isn't born out of any sort of logic. Basically A) when he tried to hit on girls, a lot would tell him they were lesbians (which he transferred onto gays as well and then, bizarrely, decided lesbians were okay after all because he could jerk off to them). And B) he was raised by /x/-tier dipshits. His mother and father actively fostered his paranoid belief that all of his trolls are gay and undergoing some kind of "kick the autistic" gay conspiracy.
>>
>>87536833
That's a tough one. It could be issue 25 of Knuckles, where Locke is portrayed as being in the right for microwaving his infant son, faking his own death, and abadoning him and Knuckles is in no way pissed, leading to some really, really awkward implications.

It could be issue 150 of Archie Sonic, wherein Evil Sonic goes around Knothole trying to hook up with every girl possible, including Amy (Who, in pre-reboot Archie, was physically 12 and mentally 8)

It could be any given issue of Mobius 25 Years Later, because all of them suffer from the same problems of godawful characterization, godawful pacing, and literally nothing happening

It could even be Endgame, an event people only remember fondly because of Spaz's god tier artwork, which was probably enough to make people forget the incredibly contrived plot and characterization.

It could be the Good, the Bad, and the Unknown AKA Penders somehow managing to make a 3 way fight between Metal Sonic, Shadow, and Sonic incredibly boring, complete with a literal exposition robot and the stupidest reveal of a new villain born on 6/6/66.

It could be that one issue of Knuckles which has the most poorly thought out Nazi parallels you could imagine, complete with outright plagiarism

And I know I haven't even mentioned all of the possible candidates, because most of his stuff is awful in its own special ways
>>
>>87538935
Oh, I almost forgot Knuckles 26-28, which featured the most cliched traditional romance for two characters who are anything but traditional, complete with godawful art.
>>
>>87538978
Oh, and the entire Girls Rule special sans maybe the Bunnie part, that was awful too

And the 2nd Naugus fight which was disgustingly fucking lazy and the reason the Super Specials died

Or how about issue 155 and 156, which were so fucking terrible it got Sega to put their foot down
>>
File: AssignedDale.png (2MB, 1280x1717px) Image search: [Google]
AssignedDale.png
2MB, 1280x1717px
>>87535135
>Not posting the superior version
>>
WAP
>>
File: 1422127080706.jpg (47KB, 558x564px) Image search: [Google]
1422127080706.jpg
47KB, 558x564px
>>87539276
>>
File: 1476997170302.jpg (66KB, 1123x957px) Image search: [Google]
1476997170302.jpg
66KB, 1123x957px
>>87536885
Someone post his ERPs. The one where he pretended to be big-dicked, black football-player.

Those are always good for a laugh.
>>
>>87535135
this webcomic is the most powerful piece of anti-transgender propoganda I've ever seen
>>
>>87534575
>Also, he's a poopy puffer.
A what?
>>
>>87535164
That's actually kind of cool. Say what you what about bronies but they are pretty creative.
>>
>>87535015
wait, his blood cures homosexuality? That's pretty hardcore.

It feels like something you'd see written in a parody comic with an over-the-top manly protagonist, who's so macho their blood can be used to cure gays.
>>
>>87533786
Marville
Trouble
Unfunnies
Girls
Kick-Ass 2
Mockingbird
Power Up
The Crossed
Lumberjanes
Cry for Justice
OMD/OMIT
Earth 2
Lost Girls
Neonomicon
Nemesis
>>
>>87536644
That was cute. You're a real cutie pie.
>>
>>87539439
Its specifically stated to be a 'vaccine' made from Chris's blood.

Now, vaccines normally contain a weakened version of the disease, to give the body a chance to recognize it and build up defenses against the real thing if it encounters it later.

So if his future vaccine is used to destroy homosexuality that implies...
>>
>>87535941
damn, I had no idea this existed, and from the cover, it looked like it could've been fun
>>
>>87535167
Ebin meme
>>
>>87539582
>>87535941
>>
>>87536441
We're all just terrified that if someone mentions Trouble, there'll be a storytime.
>>
File: linkara.png (2MB, 1898x6092px) Image search: [Google]
linkara.png
2MB, 1898x6092px
>>87538155
>>
>>87538935
>>87538978
>>87538998
You forgot "Sonic Live!"
>>
File: 1456310442905.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456310442905.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>87537299
Why do girls ruin everything?
>>
>>87537844
That's basically how an episode of Always Sunny ended.
>>
>>87538935

That's a tough one. It could be issue 25 of Knuckles, where Locke is portrayed as being in the right for microwaving his infant son, faking his own death, and abadoning him and Knuckles is in no way pissed, leading to some really, really awkward implications.

what
>>
op here, i made this thread this morning before i went to uni and forgot all about it until now.

Thanks for the recommendations, /co/ is my favorite board.
>>
>>87539794
You're right. I did. Must have successfully purged that abomination from my memory
>>87539864
>what
Okay, so you know how in the games, Knuckles was the last of his kind? Not the case in the pre-reboot comics. In fact he had a MASSIVE family tree and echidnas were running around fucking everywhere, including his father, Locke. But see, for a while, Knuckles thought he was the last of his kind, because as per echidna tradition, "Guardians" train their kids for a few years, fake their own deaths by walking into a wall of "fire" which is actually the Guardians' base of operation called Haven, and watch them grow

As for why he microwaved his son. Before Knuckles was born, Locke had a bad dream of a bad future where his son fought a dictator (It wasn't Robotnik, and we learn much, MUCH later that God sent this vision to him. And yes, god is an echidna) Anyways, he waits until his wife lays his egg (Because echidnas lay eggs), he then takes the egg and subjects it to a shitton of chaos energy, which mutates Knuckles and gives him his trademark "Knuckles" once he hatches
>>
>>87539906
>/co/ is my favorite board.
I feel bad for you.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (26KB, 292x443px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
26KB, 292x443px
>>
>>87539582
It was not. The writer instead used the comic to shill his personal OCs for a comic he pitched to Image at the time and that lasted for all of one issue: The Lost Ones, a godawful X men off that he stil claims was a cult hit despite tanking horribly
>>
>>87539944
Oh, and despite mutating him, abandoning him, and faking his own death, Locke is stil portrayed by the comic and Penders himself to be a good father, and Knuckles holds no ill will towards him for lying to him about fucking EVERYTHING (Believe me, there's a lot I left out)
>>
>>87536644
Autism
>>
>>87534620
Lightbringer is a based story. I don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>87540106
Linkara pls, don't you have some black dick to masturbate over?
>>
Now I'm curious. Did Linkara ever review his own stuff?
>>
>>87536074
What in the fuck
>>
>>87540162
He admits that Lightbringer was bad, but he's never reviewed it. He's certainly not as harsh on it as most people are.
>>
>>87540162
He doesn't review webcomics so that means Lightbringer will meve TW in oa n apart by him. He doesn't do books either so Angel Armor is also a no go
>>
>>87540291
It would have been better if he kept the rape of White Death, fuckkng feminists
>>
>>87539841
that episode was a million dollar baby parody ya goof
>>
>>87540324
Yeah, but it also ended with someone getting knocked out and breaking their neck in the fall.
The guys were right. Million Dollar Baby is shit compared to Rocky.
>>
>>87540385
definitely agree with the spoiler, at least for rockys one and four and i refuse to believe that the nightwing scene in injustice isnt some sort of ill-conceived reference to million dollar baby
>>
>>87533829
>All of Aaron's X-Men run. That's right. All of it.
You can go with almost anything X-Men since Schism. Aaron's shit is bad, Bendis', Wood's, etc.

BotA is the worst X-Men story I've ever read and I've read Austen's run.
>>
>>87534775
Huh, I guess there's one advantage to reading them in translation... though then some of the translations get ugly lettering too. *shrugs*
>>
>>87535554
>>87536222
>>87537248
Yes. That was just a sample of Foxfire one of Gonterman's longer comics (i think his longest)

Foxfire
http://killass.lardpirates.com/mstron/displaystrip.php_comic=1&strip=1.html

A few comics here from gonterman:
http://www.commuterbarnacle.com/gonterman/

and even more comics.
http://killass.lardpirates.com/gont/
>>
>>87536833
Hitler arc.
It's just straight up offensive, even more than Lost Ones was.
>>
>>87541208
That arc was boring as shit, but outside of the one shitty analogue during one of the issues it's not even gloriously bad in terms of story. It's one of the most offensive and "What the fuck" things he wrote (And considering Lost Ones had the japanese heroes get their powers from Hiroshima, that's saying a lot), but in terms of sheer writing, I'd say Mobius 25 Years Later is far, far worse
>>
>>87538998
The Bunnie one was fucking terrible too, m8. Probably one of the worst of the special.
>>
>>87540319
>It would have been better if he kept the rape of White Death
Jesus, what does that even MEAN?
>>
>>87541244
How so? I don't remember anything too heinous about it, and everyone was in character (Well, at least by Penders standards)
I'd still consider the Julie Su and Lupe ones worse
>>
File: meanstreakcharacters.png (34KB, 964x665px) Image search: [Google]
meanstreakcharacters.png
34KB, 964x665px
There was one back in 2008-09 called "meanstreak" and the creator of it was this old fucking 50-60 year old dude who was convinced he was drawing the best webcomic with the best comedy ever.

It was a house full of ???lesbians??? who would pull one-liners and terrible jokes and that was the entire comic.

He was spamming it on different image sites at the time like funnyjunk and a few others titling it "THE WORLDS FUNNIEST WEBCOMIC" and then going off on angry tirades when people told him it was shit.

His site is gone and I can't find jack shit on it except a youchew forum discussing it, it's weird.

Pic related is what two of the characters looked like, someone in the thread drew them.
>>
>>87541241
>it's not even gloriously bad
No see that's my point.
There's no Schadenfreude. There's nothing to freak out about. There's two "WHAT" moments, but otherwise it's unenjoyably bad and offensive. There are more flawed stories, but you can laugh at them. The Hitler arc will fail to make you feel anything aside from disgust.
>>
>>87541358
I see where you're coming from, but I have to disagree. Outside of those two "what" moments, there isn't anything terrible here that isn't present in other Penders stuff. To me, Mobius 25 Years Later is worse because not only is it sinfully boring, but nothing fucking happens, the characters are themselves in name only, and frankly I'd rather be disgusted than bored. M25YL just offers nothing outside of average cheesecake
>>
>>87541295
Julie-Su's is just retarded backstory wankery.
Hershey's is fucking nothing.

Bunnie's story used horrible trauma to explain why she's drawn more sexually. It's subtle and hard to notice at first glance, but the story is literally justifying the artists drawing her with slim human legs and a nice ass via horrible cancer analogues. It even has the fucking gall to give you a couple "hot" shots of her at the end. It's disgusting.

Lupe and Sally are still worse, though.
>>
>>87541421
I can laugh at how repetitive and stupid it is. I can't laugh at robo-nazis because I'm too busy being offended by the worst recreation of Kristallnacht in the history of children's fiction.
>>
>>87541431
>Bunnie's story used horrible trauma to explain why she's drawn more sexually. It's subtle and hard to notice at first glance, but the story is literally justifying the artists drawing her with slim human legs and a nice ass via horrible cancer analogues. It even has the fucking gall to give you a couple "hot" shots of her at the end. It's disgusting.
That explains it. I was looking at it from a pure character perspective, when I should've been looking at it in a meta sense. Also I forgot how bad that fucking redesign was for a long, long time
>Lupe and Sally are still worse, though.
Reminder that Penders made that Lupe story to show that "Even a woman can make a sacrifice".
>>87541486
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I kind of find it funny just because of how tryhard it is at being "socially aware" and "realistic" when it fails to do either in the worst possible ways.
>>
File: Fox022.gif (21KB, 1061x409px) Image search: [Google]
Fox022.gif
21KB, 1061x409px
>>87540844
>Character tells him about a conspiracy of alien fursuits that take over their hosts mind in order to take over the world
>Tells him to put her on so she can merge with him

Okay, if this didn't end with a plot twist where it turns out she was just part of the evil conspiracy to take over the world I'm burning this.
>>
>>87541531
The real sad part about Archie Sonic is that if you take out Ken's stories and most of the references to his work...it's not that bad. There's a huge dip in quality after it starts trying to take itself seriously, but the writing rarely dipped below average and was better than most of Marvel's output in the period.

I mean, the winners were few and far between and the art quality went to complete shit, but the other writers rarely offered up BAD stories. Just boring or middling ones.
>>
>>87541666
>I mean, the winners were few and far between and the art quality went to complete shit, but the other writers rarely offered up BAD stories. Just boring or middling ones.
I'd argue Gabrie was the other really bad writer, but he's technically an editor who just happened to write some godawful shit (Like Tommy). Besides, Gabrie did far more damage as an editor
>The real sad part about Archie Sonic is that if you take out Ken's stories and most of the references to his work...it's not that bad. There's a huge dip in quality after it starts trying to take itself seriously, but the writing rarely dipped below average and was better than most of Marvel's output in the period.
It's funny because most of his stuff literally doesn't matter. You could skip everything he wrote from Endgame on and lose nothing. Hell, Return to Angel Island actually works better when you don't read Ken's stuff iirc
>>
File: pro_cover.jpg (250KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pro_cover.jpg
250KB, 600x900px
I thought that The Pro was pretty damn bad, it really highlights the worst aspects of Garth Ennis's writing.

Thinly veiled characters where he only takes the surface elements of who he is referencing.

Violent sociopath is mainly there to yell at the cardboard cutouts about how much they all suck.

Shocking imagery as a substitute for good writing.

Jokes that are really damn obvious and poorly done 'lel I will shoot the Green Lantern's finger'.

Instead of making a character that you are supposed to hate have some depth he just makes them into some kind of pervert.

Letting us know how much he hates not Batman and says he probably is a pervert because not Robin is wearing shorts.

Oh and violent sociopath lecturing not Superman on being a good person.

I haven't read it in quite some time now so maybe my memories got twisted around somehow.
>>
>>87541717
>Return to Angel Island actually works better when you don't read Ken's stuff
I can see that working. The audience is forced to make assumptions, which would undoubtedly be better than the actual writing. It's written to be friendly to non-Knux readers because Sonic and pals have never met ANY of Knuckles' extended cast aside from Julie.
>>
>>87539498
Thanks, you too.
>>
>>87541605
>Steven Universe copies off of bad web comics
As if it couldn't get any worse.
>>
>>87537299
I always wondered why all of Chatoyance's stories were half-downvoted.

Good thing I didn't bother to read any of the stories.
>>
>>87542061
Nah man. That's the plot to Kill La Kill
>>
NASTY
>>
>>87541809

No, that's accurate.

I honestly don't know whether Ennis is even a little bit serious with those or whether he's just having fun with stuff he doesn't give a shit about anyway.
>>
>>87542061

Looks more like 'Ninja Highschool'.
>>
>>87539760
HMMMM?
>>
>>87542242
COCK
>>
File: K01P08T.gif (28KB, 500x719px) Image search: [Google]
K01P08T.gif
28KB, 500x719px
>>87540844
.44 Kitsune!
>>
>>87533786
Lightbringer. The worst I've read was Lightbringer.
>>
>>87543258

Little late to the party.

Never read it. Is it really bad?
>>
>>87543630
It's bad. The joke is that it's Linkara's webcomic.
>>
>>87543690

I know, I just never read it.

Thing is, I like Linkara. I guess his style is comfy to me, plus, like me, he's not very cynical.
>>
File: 20040101.gif (70KB, 700x577px) Image search: [Google]
20040101.gif
70KB, 700x577px
>>87533786
Livewire Latte
http://livewire.comicgenesis.com/d/20040101.html
>>
>>87543797
has shit awful taste though
>>
>>87538935
I almost forgot to mention 152, the issue where Ken decides that this children's comic needs a Charlie's Angels rip off where one of the main female heroines gets horribly violated by nanomachines
>>
File: IMG_1101.jpg (135KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1101.jpg
135KB, 640x480px
>>87536778
>Chatoyance
fun fact: she's the one who wrote this
>>
>>87549094
Devil May Cry fanart?
>>
File: 5333-23805.gif (52KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5333-23805.gif
52KB, 320x240px
>>87549094
>WORDS WORDS WORDS
>>
Erica Henderson's art is always good for making me want to claw my eyes out every time I so much as glance at a single panel
>>
File: 1438832260017.png (984KB, 863x661px) Image search: [Google]
1438832260017.png
984KB, 863x661px
>>87536706
To be fair, this came out a few years before hunger games, so it wasn't really trying to copy it. People being forced to fight to the death has been done in fiction all the time, and at the very least the characters acted like heroes and banded together to solve the problem as opposed to Avengers Arena where they act like idiots and try to kill each other.

You're also misremembering a few things: Scorpion had been Venom for a few years by that point, and would be for the rest of the decade so it wasn't that weird, Medusa was Medusa (Spidey had met her before and remarked how she was like MJ, and Medusa had taken a liking to him which was why she was protective of him), and the villain was an established but obscure character called the Stranger.

It also reintroduced Dethlok after missing for nearly a decade, so that was good. Aside from that and killing Gravity (who came back a couple years later in FF) this series didn't really amount to anything significant, and was more of a brief detour for all those involved, which I'd say is it's biggest shortcoming. But far from Worst-Comic-Ever territory.
>>
File: IMG_1102.gif (398KB, 742x1021px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1102.gif
398KB, 742x1021px
>>87549140
no, she wanted her husband to do all the programming for a game idea she had involving random seed generation (apparently it was basically Spore). since he was the only one who make any money in that house he said no because he didn't have time and so she made that comic.

also i accidentally left out that specifically, Chatoyance is Jennifer Diane Reitz, who is one of the old-school Internet crazies. she's the one who founded HappyPuppy.com, made a like million bucks selling it, and then wasted it all on anime wallscrolls. the /co/ related shit she's done is her webcomics Unicorn Jelly, Pastel Defender Heliotrope,To Save Her, and Impossible Things Before Breakfast which are all varying levels of shitty and insane.
>>
>>87533786
The Unmen was pretty shit. So is Linkara, actually.
>>
Man I really wish I could remember some of the webcomics I've read when I was younger. There was this one black in white one where a cast of four sat on a couch and talked about shit. I think one of them was an elf or some shit like that.
>>
>>87550297
>she
>>
>>87540385
>Million Dollar Baby is shit compared to Rocky.
It's just shit. You want to see a movie about boxing and it ends up being a movie about euthanasia.
>>
File: Sonic-Super-Special-7-1998-2.jpg (288KB, 600x744px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-Super-Special-7-1998-2.jpg
288KB, 600x744px
>>87535941
That comic that was so bad that spawn left as soon as Sonic showed up
>>
I've read plenty bad comics over the years, including all the worst issues of Archie's Sonic, and I am being 100% serious when I tell you I don't think anything else I've ever read comes lose to just how bad this was.

I actually think it should be required reading just to established a shared bottom for how bad comics can get.
>>
>>87549094
What's the context of this? Who are the two characters?

>kokoro means heart
lol
>>
>>87551363
IIRC creator of comic and artist who bailed because got sick of the crazy.
>>
>>87551409
Correction. The "woman" is the comic creator who planned to make a game. The man is "her" partner who did all the actual work and bailed when things didn't pan out. Cue hatred and a comic in which the guy apologizes as it's sure to have happened in real life.
>>
>>87533819
Speaking of Ellis, try reading his Storm miniseries. Four issues of LITERALLY nothing
>>
>>87537024

I only read one of those stories, and it was definitely of the divine ponies/evil humans variants. All I remember is forced allegories to segregation, the president being assassinated, and a really saccharine ending.

Ahh, to be young and autistic.
>>
>>87533786
Take your pick of Marvel's current lineup.
If I had to pick one, though, I'd pick the Hopeless X-Men
They really are fucking hopeless, that one recent issue where 70% of the issue is Iceman looking for fucks in a gay club was unreal, it's the kind of shit that people would think is fake
>>
>>87533786
besides bendis?

SAGA
>>
All of Irredeemable was shit and Waid should have been kicked in the balls for the whole ordeal.
>>
File: image_34.jpg (6KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
image_34.jpg
6KB, 175x200px
>>87551940
>Irredeemable
>read it expecting it to be anything but irredeemable
>>
>>87537299
>>87537024
>>87536806
That is pretty bad. But at it's not Fall of Equestria levels of stupidity. Though at least that one had one of the writers troll the shit out of the founder of that cesspit.
>>
>>87552823
I meant at least it's not.
>>
Uncanny X-Force by Sam Humphries
>>
File: Linkara.png (377KB, 968x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Linkara.png
377KB, 968x1900px
>>87539760
>>
>>87553214
Got a feeling that the lady in the story wasn't actually classy. Didn't Linkara help the guy in a way though by speeding up the process?

Either way, this guy is a sperg that has bad taste in comics so he doesn't even have the "nerd" aspect down properly. I feel bad for him.
>>
>>87541605

>you've been here long enough to remember the semi-regular gonterman threads

Add another reason to why it's bad
>>
>>87539375
Linkara chews the chocolate

He loves the logs

He craves the crap

He fellates the fudge

He demands the doo-doo
>>
Who even watches poopy puffers kiddie show?
>>
>>87535854
The Hitler clones got titties in issue 6.
>>
>>87536074
What's up with his mask on the right? It looks like he's making out with a seashell.
>>
>>87555857
Looks more like a magnificent moustache.
>>
>>87540605
Yeah well, and the translations also don't fit issues with the puzzle speech itself, like terible bubble placement or having the arrows point at the guy's forehead, or worse, at the pillar next to a group of characters.

Or when the bubble is behind the character's head, overlapping, and it cuts the format of the phrase.
>>
>>87533786

The First crossed serie was good but pretty much all of its sequels (Especially Badlands) are stupid and edgy crap.

I haven't red +100 by Alan Moore though, any thoughts about this one ?
>>
>>87533786

We stream and shitpost linkara on eggkara, first Google result, always nice to have new senpaitachi to banter with. Tonight is election shit though.
>>
>>87554098
Proof?
>>
>>87533786
The only thing remarkable about Crossed is the extremes it goes to to garner attention.
Kind of fucking blows.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.