[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harvey Beaks is coming to NickToons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 72

File: CwnJKMmUAAAJlrw.jpg (296KB, 2048x1050px) Image search: [Google]
CwnJKMmUAAAJlrw.jpg
296KB, 2048x1050px
After huge rating flops Nick finally gave up on this show and are burning it off on the NickToons Network. That probably means we'll have two new half-hours every week starting with November 20
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/harvey-beaks-the-blister-the-bad-seed/EP021372960106?aid=zap2it
>>
>>87525646
>don't schedule the show properly
>thus, gets low ratings
>SHIT THE SHOW SUCKS GUESS WE HAVE TO DUMP IT ALL AT ONE TIME

it's a wonder that they finished production before Nick thought of outright halting it
>>
>>87525714
It's great. Greenblatt deserves it for saying Nick's scheduling was better than Cartoon Network's. Nickelodeon has always had the worst scheduling.
>>
>>87525714
The thing is, Nick doesn't care about a reason for a show doing badly. If a show is doing badly, it's not making a ton of money and thus, there's no reason to continue it.

They can fill that slot with some other memetic bullcrap and make way more money, so WHY wouldn't they?
>>
>>87525714
It was obvious so it's nice Carl was smart enough to write a finale at the end of season 2
>>87525740
Carl said Nick gave him more creative freedom than CN.
And Chowder was fucked durning the CN Real era and durning that time CN was way more fucked up than Nick.
>>
At least we're getting a finale and we never had to be potentially disappointed with what Max Charles' post-puberty Harvey voice would be like.
I'll enjoy the ride. It was a good run, though I would have loved another season.
>>
>>87525714
This was said in an earlier thread but what's perverse is that Nick said yes to almost anything Carl asked for during production. So they sank a lot of money into the show and then did everything they could to squander their investment.
>>
>>87525779
>memetic bullcrap
I think Nick never actually did something flat out memetic on their show, only in promos. The promos are used for a month or two while NO ME GUSTA and twerking Bubbles will be with us forever
>>
>>87525825
Chowder aired consistently on the network's premiere block alongside Flapjack and Total Drama. Get your facts straight.
>>
File: qtp2t.png (2MB, 1279x1075px) Image search: [Google]
qtp2t.png
2MB, 1279x1075px
>>87525923
Remember when Chowder had a "THE CAKE IS A LIE" joke?
Harvey Beaks also literally had an episode about memes, though it didn't have any explicit references and I liked it.
>>
>>87525828
Stop, I though they finale was just the last episode? Why do they have to pitch it to the network seperately. What if finale special is meant to be the 53rd episode and Viacom won't give them a budget for another episode
>>
File: claire drops acid.png (565KB, 480x506px) Image search: [Google]
claire drops acid.png
565KB, 480x506px
>>87525646
I'm surprised it took this long.
>>
>>87526029
>Why do they have to pitch it to the network seperately.

Probably because if it's gonna be a for-real finale Nick has to sign off on officially ending the show.

Corporations are weird. They'll kill something through negligence but still usually want to reserve the right to continue it whenever they wish even if that will realistically never happen.
>>
>>87525982
You are the one wo don't know shit. Even then Carl was mad on his blogspot that Chowder had it's third timeslot change and CN had no mention of it durning their promo campaign
>>
>>87526097
>They'll kill something through negligence but still usually want to reserve the right to continue it whenever they wish even if that will realistically never happen.
It can always happen. Weirder reboots have happened. Why make a complete ending when it COULD become a cult classic that you reboot in many years? You lose almost nothing by keeping it.
>>
>>87526029
The staff has been dwindling through the year, maybe production has slowed to a Venture Bros-like pace due to staff cuts, and they're just now getting around to #52
If it doesn't happen my heart will be broken
>>
>>87526109
It moved with all of their other premieres. The network was going through issues at the time and they were trying out other blocks. If they shoved Chowder off on its own, it would be understandable to be pissed, but it ALWAYS aired next to Cartoon Network's other big shows.

They settled on Har Har Tharsdays for the longest time and Chowder was a staple on the block.

Cartoon Network didn't abandon the show and send its premieres to Boomerang.
>>
>>87526008
>Harvey Beaks also literally had an episode about memes, though it didn't have any explicit references and I liked it.
What episode are you talking about? Kathy with a K was very well done and it didn't mention any current internet memes that will sound dated next year
>>
>>87526184
Not him I think that was the point. It didn't directly use any real-world dated memes but was still about people joining in the "leaf girl" fad who didn't actually care about Kathy or her leaves.
>>
>>87525646
I kept saying this would happen. Nobody believed me.

This is literally how 95% of Nicktoons end. Burned off on their secondary channel.
>>
>>87526239
Korra didn't even accomplish that, they kicked it to online and they still gave them the courtesy of finishing it
>>
Do you think they'll air the Christmas special on Nickelodeon? They let Invader Zim do it even though they didn't air any other episodes from that season in the US
>>
File: Different....webm (798KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Different....webm
798KB, 1916x1076px
Are there any Nicktoons streams? Do any uploaders have the channel?
>>
>>87526183
Well Harvey's first season was premiered with a block and the second season had a prime-time support of The Loud House. That's why, in general, the second season did better than the first one. Chowder was released before Cartoon Network rebranded Boomerang so they had to continue the show on the main channel. At the time CN had no new original animated series and they cut the promos of their old animated shows to almost nothing. Chowder wasn't a complete rating failure judging by other CN premieres and unfortunately Harvey Beaks is.
>>
Does this warrant even a petition?
I love this show dearly and I'm sad to see it slowly die :(
>>
>>87526430
I've got em
>>87526502
The ratings weren't great, there's no merch sales to show. I don't think there's much hope and Carl seems to have accepted it's over. I'm sure he'll move onto something else, I would really like to see him direct on Country Club since that's where almost everyone else is going
>>
>>87525646
>That probably means we'll have two new half-hours every week starting with November 20
So it's ending even faster then we thought?
I wonder if Harvey will even be remembered. If any of you have kids, try to show them this.
>>
>>87526239
Yeah, me too, anons over here were mad at me for saying the obvious.
>>87526328
I think the Halloween special was the boiling point. They actually promoted it and had new Spongebob and Loud House before it, and only Harvey's ratings tanked.
>>87526430
Nope, NickToons is way to unpopular and has no new original shows that are popular enough for people to demand a livestream. The anon ITT who rips the show said he has it though
>>
>>87525646
>only good show left
>kick it to sister channel

Fuck Nickelodeon up their ass. No show deserves this. Not even Pig Goat Banana Cricket or Breadwinners deserve to die in such a slot. What a joke.
>>
>>87526556
>There's no merch sales to show.

Has there been any merch for Harvey Beaks yet?
>>
File: 1475176558045.png (386KB, 621x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475176558045.png
386KB, 621x640px
>>87526576
>They actually promoted it and had new Spongebob and Loud House before it, and only Harvey's ratings tanked.
That's fucking depressing.
>>
>>87526556
>Country Club
Were there any threads for this? Everyone's different colours like in Doug.
>>
>>87526673
The comics and pretty much nothing else.
>>
>>87526644
>deserve to die in such a slot. What a joke.
Didn't something similar happen to WoY?
Being kicked from Disney to Disney XD that is.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-19-20h48m27s343.png (426KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-19-20h48m27s343.png
426KB, 640x480px
>>87526644
I kind of take a bit of comfort in that I loved Nicktoons Network as a kid and watched it more than Nickelodeon or CN at the time.
It's not nearly as unique in identity anymore but I'm still going to be comfy in bed watching some Harvey. It's unfortunate that a lot of people weren't so fortunate as to have had digital cable growing up (or now).
>>
>>87526572
>So it's ending even faster then we thought?
Yup, that's what I meant, but apparently the finale is only getting pitched now.
>I wonder if Harvey will even be remembered. If any of you have kids, try to show them this.
I honestly think it will, even though the show is a failure for Nick and is unpopular with older audiences (that's why no one here or on Tumblr raves about it). It still shows better ratings than almost everything on CN and certainly on Disney XD. So at least the kids are watching it and maybe in 10-15 years there will be a bunch of young adults who will be obsessed with this show because of nostalgia. I will definetely buy all the comics and will hope Shout Factory will give us a DVD, I haven't been such a fan of a show for a long time.
>>
>>87526733
Disney pushed all their cartoons to XD to try to get people to order the channel.
>>
>>87526814
If we all sent messages to Shout Factory about it it could very well happen, they've released Nick shows of lesser quality
>>
>>87526733
They had this idea to make Disney Channel a family oriented kidcom network and give Disney XD more exposure by sending off all the hit shows over there. Nick was is a deeply dark age at the time so they had an audience to fight over. Nick is the #1 network again now by the way, but everything completely backfired after the finale of Gravity Falls. Now, every Disney branded network except for Junior flopped and they try to return everything back rerunning Star and premiering Milo on the main Disney Channel. They ratings are better, but it's almost worse because they don't even hit 1M over there durning primetime and that's even lower than some CN originals
>>
>>87526769
I've always adored the idea of a digital Nickeldeon Network, but my country only has Nick Jr and Nick HD (with the different schedule). They've been pushing TeenNick brand all over Europe though
>>
>>87526957
Yeah, but for some reason they stopped at some point. Sanjay and Craig had no season 2/3 and Breadwinners had no season 2.
>>
>>87527231
Probably because those didn't sell well because there was no actual demand.
If we let them know the show actually has a few fans and people buy it they may reconsider.
They're still manufacturing all their Nick sets so I don't think the licensing agreement ran out
>>
>>87527287
The amount of fans is not enough to be honest. They may still try out the first season and cancell the release of the second afterwards.
>>
>>87527366
I'd buy a copy for myself and give one to all my friends who have kids.
>>
>>87527366
We could wait until after the show wraps and and hope for a complete series set, like Robot and Monster got through Amazon, which was a much more catastrophic flop.
I'm still pretty unhappy that there's not Mighty B! set
>>
>>87526572
Also Country Club may be a hit, it Disney promotes it well and Rob Renzetti has a good reputation, maybe some fans of the show will check Harvey out
>>
>>87527486
I hope so, there's a lot of talent (which implies quality) for sure, and Disney XD may actually promote it and rerun it
>>
>>87526556
>would really like to see him direct on Country Club since that's where almost everyone else is going
I feel like if Clarence really is getting chopped (Cartoon Network better not even TRY), most of the crew'll move to Country Club as well, forming the ultimate Harvey Beaks/Clarence collaboration.
>>
>>87527598
Yeah, I think what killed Harvey's more crossover/general audience in the end was the perception that it was a bit more of a younger-audience show. They did actually air it on Nick Jr (by accident?) a number of times. If CC is a bit more subversive and energetic than Harvey like Clarence it might have a shot
>>
>>87527480
>We could wait until after the show wraps and and hope for a complete series set, like Robot and Monster got through Amazon, which was a much more catastrophic flop.
Robot and Monster was probably easier to produce, since it had just one season. Amazon probably produced it due to popularity on their streaming service/online shop. My ex loved this show and I digged the artstyle, even though I rarely like CGI tv-shows.
>I'm still pretty unhappy that there's not Mighty B! set
I was just browing this show on Amazon. It's one of my fave nicktoons, it's kinda respected with animation fans and Amy Poehler has a following, I don't get why they never pressed it
>>
>>87527708
Gotta start write-in campaigns. Doing so to start production on a new season of a show is usually an exercise in futility, but DVD releases might be doable. Especially when Amazon burn-on-demand is such a low financial risk for them. And Shout Factory has produced several massive complete series sets at extremely low prices (Hey Arnold, Rocko, Angry Beavers). Harvey Beaks had a much shorter run than those
>>
>>87526008
>Remember when Chowder had a "THE CAKE IS A LIE" joke
No, I actually don't. That kind of makes the point counter to your argument.
>>
>>87527690
I remember having a conversation with one anon over here who tried to convince me that Harvey Beaks is a show for pre-schoolers because there's a lesson every episode.
Nick tested Loud House, Harvey and, randomly, Kung Fu Panda on Nick Jr because it's their #2 network and Nick stops at 8PM(?) and becomes Nick@Nite. It's not dumb in my opinion, reruns over there might help since preschoolers are an important audience
>>
>>87527971
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UOu0zb0fsI
>>
>>87527830
We can always try and I'll def support it
>>
>>87528045
REMINDER THAT HAVEY BEAKS WILL END UP WITH MORE EPISODES THAN CHOWDER
>>
>>87528098
And hasn't dwindled in quality nearly as much
>>
>>87528124
Some retarded Michelle haters claim otherwise but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvpGGc9Jv8
>>
>>87527044
Disney really dropped the ball by cancelling Wander.

They seem to be running out of quality cartoons. All they have left is Star Vs and Milo's Law
>>
>>87528262
Atomic Puppet is Canadian but it's seriously totally competent in writing and animation. I was surprised by how non-shit it is
>>
>>87528262
They also fucked Invader Zim's creator over.
But they have announced Country Club, Billy Dilley, Duck Tales reboot, Big Hero 8 show and unnamed Thurop Van Orman project
>>
>>87528410
No one on Nick has been fucked as badly as Amy Winfrey.

>Make a flash series called Making Fiends
>Someone on Nick wants to make a series out of it because their kid liked watching it online
>Air it on Nicktoons and it becomes the most popular show at the time despite the time slot
>Air only six episodes while holding on to the six more episodes that got made and finished
>Cancel the show without fanfare making it go away as fast as it arrived for you on Nicktoons
>Own the show and all its related property thus making it impossible for anyone to release their unaired episodes online

That bitch had her show taken from her at just six episodes despite this had an audience right from the start and we will never have the other episodes that Nick made because of "reasons."
>>
File: what the fuck.png (44KB, 642x438px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
44KB, 642x438px
Is he okay?
>>
Also, the Pig Goat Banana Cricket creator got a new show on TeleToon. (I wonder, what US network will buy the rights)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oILQNK_i5xc
Reminder that PGBC got the same episode order while having ratigs twice as low as Harvey Beaks, it got second season before the premiere. Nick really wants that credibility back, their cancellation of El Tigre was very messy
>>
>>87528621
You can feel the pain in his words. This man was pure as Harvey himself.
>>
File: tumblr.png (17KB, 448x285px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr.png
17KB, 448x285px
>>87528621
Oh man, he is not mincing words
>>
>>87528581
Well at least she got her rights back and makes the show again. Disney left all rights to Very Important House to themselves
>>
>>87528621
Aw man.
can't you get in trouble for saying this sort of stuff about the network your working for?
>>
>>87528627
>their cancellation of El Tigre was very messy

It was?
>>
>>87528621
Holy shit, this is actually legit?
>>
>>87528735>>87528621
I was honestly scared to go to his tumblr. He was so optimistic with Nick back when I was sure the show's run there was over
>>
File: The Horror Won't End.jpg (20KB, 626x354px) Image search: [Google]
The Horror Won't End.jpg
20KB, 626x354px
>>87528767
http://chgreenblatt.tumblr.com/post/152838892422/i-just-saw-on-twitter-that-the-final-episodes-of
>>
>>87528737
How did she get it back? Doesn't she work on Bojack Horseman now? And how come no one has asked her to release the other six episodes?
>>
>>87528749
Well he doesn't gives a fuck, the show is already cancelled
>>
>>87528822
If my show was getting cancelled, I would probably make up false terrible things about them and pee in the Boss's coffee
>>
>>87528814
I don't know, but she has released new episodes of the original web show after the NickToons run ended. Maybe the remaining TV episodes weren't finished properly, kinda like Angry Beavers
>>
>>87525646
Nice, I'll finally get to fucking watch it.

Idk what Nick thinks they're doing with their scheduling, but it's fucking shit.
>>
>>87528867
Aw, they know exactly what they are doing, making more money of Spongebob and Loud House reruns than of original nicktoons premieres
>>
>>87528867
Let's face it, every network has shit scheduling.

Cartoon Network hasn't aired Adventure Time in ages and Steven Universe's new episodes premieres are inconsistent and to top it all off they mostly air TTGo.

And Disney XD has maybe a few weeks of new episodes but immediately goes to hiatus afterward
>>
>>87525825
>Carl said Nick gave him more creative freedom than CN.
I doubt that given the crazy shit Chowder got away with.
>>
>>87529083
Well that's what he said, maybe he knows better
>>
>>87529131
Apparently not since a few months ago he still convinced that Nick believed in Harvey Beaks while fucking it in the ass.
>>
>>87529083
CN is infamously cheap, so maybe Nick gave hima bigger budget
>>
>>87529266
Completely diferent people handle scheduling and production though. Creative freedom has nothing to do with burning off a finished show on NickToons
>>
>>87529270
They're cheap now with all of their NuCalArts bullshit but in 2007 their cartoons still had decent budgets.
>>
>>87525646
>Nick in charge of scheduling

I used to think they were evil but now I'm pretty sure it's just incompetence.
>>
Kill moe that sucks.
>>
>>87528621
>>87528735
Seriously, what point is there in being an animator when every channel is so royally shit at scheduling?
>>
File: blatt.png (51KB, 639x425px) Image search: [Google]
blatt.png
51KB, 639x425px
>>87528621
>>87528735

>his smile and optimism: gone
>>
File: Screenshot (8).png (801KB, 1151x945px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (8).png
801KB, 1151x945px
>those recent answers http://chgreenblatt.tumblr.com
Greenblatt is having a meltdown
>>
File: 1477180638750.png (129KB, 294x317px) Image search: [Google]
1477180638750.png
129KB, 294x317px
>>87530010
inb4 the antagonist of one episode is a lion called Nick who can only be calmed through money.
>>
>>87528621

>ZOMG I can't believe business companies make decisions based on profits!! HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO ME
>>
>>87529967
Moral of the story: make cartoons for the internet

Upside: unlimited freedom

Downside: constant hiatus after every episode unless you have a team of writers and animators, harder to get noticed, incredibly low budget, er...

You know what, nevermind.

Being an animator is terrible no matter how you look at it.
Be a barber, most people have hair and they can't cut it themselves
>>
>>87530267
Nigga gonna get blacklisted from every company.
>>
File: oh boy.png (53KB, 639x444px) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.png
53KB, 639x444px
>>
>>87530323
>Be a barber, most people have hair and they can't cut it themselves
Better yet, be a mortician; everyone drops dead at some point.
>>
>muh scheduling
It had the same scheduling as Loud House, even having it and Spongebob as lead ins and it still tanked. Kids just weren't interested in Library Gumball, guess they should've had more screaming.
>>
>>87530378
I feel sorry for the guy and all. It ducks that good cartoons get cancelled all the time, but, it's incredibly unrealistic to get more airings than Spongebob
>>
File: 13212.png (841KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
13212.png
841KB, 780x780px
>>87530267
>>87530010
>>87528621
I don't get it - he knew about cancellation for a while, why is he melting just now?
>>
>>87530480
Pressure kept building up I assume.

If you keep bottling your emotions, its bound to burst eventually.
>>
>>87530443
Durning second season, yes, but at that time kids were not familiar with the main characters. First season was treated poorly and it ran durning Nick darkest ratings era
>>
>>87530378
He's spitting some real truth here, but it sounds like he's having a very unhappy Sunday night

If I had a tumblr, I would send him a message to make him feel better...
>>
>>87530267
This is really sad, and it's clear he's venting, but he is definitely going overboard. I mean, the poor promotion of Harvey Beaks was ages ago, now it had an equal chance to pick up along with the other shows this year and just fell short. Hell, more people stuck around with FoP than Harvey Beaks this year, and the former is coming off it's worst season, even if I'm seeing a lot of word of mouth over it getting better.

I think he wants to blame it all on scheduling to make up for the fact that his show simply didnt gain enough traction. Here >>87530378 he admits Spongebob is an established 18 year powerhouse, and is wondering why they air it a lot more than his show? It's literally the highest rated kids cartoon on air.

>>87530323
>the internet
Larry Bundy is now making top 5 lists and Hotdiggedy is making reviews. I mean, those vids are fine, but all I can think of is how Youtube prioritized Lets Plays over original animation. And it's not like I'd ever have enough faith to go to the trainwreck that is Cartoon Hangover.
Honestly, everywhere sucks man. It's disappointing and all about luck.
>>
>>87530480
He feels like premiering the full show on main network would've given his work justice. Sending it to NickToons will make the remaining episodes fade into obscurity
>>
>>87530578
The whole netflix cartoon area seem to be working so far.
>>
File: nap.jpg (48KB, 679x768px) Image search: [Google]
nap.jpg
48KB, 679x768px
>>87530480
His cartoon is getting sent to the equivalent of a retirement home where cockroaches crawl on you at night and nurses never change your bedpan.
>>
>>87530578
The problem is that Nick never reruned the show. Loud House got reruns, Alvin got reruns. PGBC never got reruns and it's doing even worse than Harvey
>>
>>87530645
They haven't ordered a single creator-driven children's animated series
>>
HEY TUMBLR ANONS, HOW ABOUT SENDING CARL A LINK TO THIS THREAD?
The writers previously posted on /co/ and said they mentioned threads over here to him few times, maybe he can spill more beans on this platform
>>
>>87530780
That's a retarded idea.

He already said he's done venting. Just let him be.
>>
>>87530734
What about Kulipari?
>>
>>87530645
It's pretty much another Animation Domination Hi Definition.

>>87530692
This is a problem I will definitely place squarely on Nick, yes. I actually notice that FoP, Harvey Beaks, and PGBC never had reruns. FoP can survive on that because it's established but the others would have problems.

I think everyone is trying to be everyone else now and it's screwing us. Suddenly everyone does week long marathons now because of CN, and trying to make us hungry for new episodes by starving us of them like Disney did to Gravity Falls.

I think what could have saved the show is a greater push of syndicating it in other countries. So the live airings wont mean as much when it's airing in a million other countries. Like Ben 10 and FoP again.
>>
>>87530802
And then continued venting
>>
File: 1458790099286.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1458790099286.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
>>87530683
>the people do not yet own the means of cartoon production

Soon
>>
Should we make him and his staff a card, /co/?
>>
>>87530859
>
I think everyone is trying to be everyone else now and it's screwing us. Suddenly everyone does week long marathons now because of CN, and trying to make us hungry for new episodes by starving us of them like Disney did to Gravity Falls.

But didn't Disney put Gravity Falls on long hiatuses because they knew the Creator wanted to end it and were trying to milk it as long as they could??

Also, fuck CN for this week long bomb trend they started
>>
>>87530830
I can hardly call it a creator-driven cartoon
>>87530859
>and trying to make us hungry for new episodes by starving us of them like Disney did to Gravity Falls.
I thought they showed the episodes right after they finished them, instead of waiting for the whole season to be drawn
And the only network that still does the bomb format is Nick
>>
So, in honor of the show's untimely death and Greenblatt's current meltdown, does anyone have any links to this show? I can only find the first ten episodes.
>>
>>87530925
Well I know in GF's case a lot of it was apparently also Alex's fault? That's what I hear. I know the big bad corporations can easily get all the blame but I'm hesitant to do that sort of thing anymore.

>>87530992
Doesnt CN do that anymore? I legitimately havent seen CN in ages. I would have never guessed I'd be watching more Nick than CN in 2016 but here we are.
>>
>>87531316
Just curious, but what did Alex do?

Same on that watching Nick more than CN thing.

CN has really went down the shitter this past year IMO
>>
>>87531316
>Well I know in GF's case a lot of it was apparently also Alex's fault? That's what I hear. I know the big bad corporations can easily get all the blame but I'm hesitant to do that sort of thing anymore.
Otherwise we would've had one huge hiatus and the full 2b season afterwards. Disney XD showed the episodes when the team finished them.
>Doesnt CN do that anymore?
The last time they did it was with SU this summer and they showed two or three casual premieres afterwards
>I legitimately havent seen CN in ages. I would have never guessed I'd be watching more Nick than CN in 2016 but here we are.
Yeah, me too, I though Disney XD would be my new fave but they majorly fucked shit up (I still have faith in their new shows, can't say the same about OK KO Let's be Heroes and Mighty Magiswords though)
>>
>>87531316
>the big bad corporations

>saying this ironically
>>
File: C.H._Greenblatt.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
C.H._Greenblatt.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
>got shafted by Cartoon Network
>got shafted by Nickelodeon
All that's left is Disney. New show when?
>>
>>87531509
He was a director on Fish Hooks (a vast majority of the episodes were directed by him and Chowder creative director/fellow classic spongebob boarder William Reiss)
>>
>>87531412
Yes they have. You know CN has gone to shit when Nick long runner cartoons are more interesting to me than most of their lineup. Hell, Alvin and the Chipmunks is more interesting.

>>87531443
Disney XD should be the best right now, but they went and cancelled every old cartoon they had and havent premiered any new ones, so it's a transitional period where the only interesting things to watch on the channel are reruns and Star Vs and Lab Rats

>>87531412
I'm not sure, something about bad time management? And how he apparently scrapped all of season 3 which hurt every single character in Season 2b.

>>87531509
When Wander gets renewed.
>>
File: zDcoocf.jpg (401KB, 936x482px) Image search: [Google]
zDcoocf.jpg
401KB, 936x482px
>>87531579
Can't wait for Billy Dilley to premier
>>
>>87531509
Wasn't he a Fish Hooks writer? Now that's the show that didn't deserve it's long run.
Honestly, Disney is even more fucked than CN and Nick both, based on overall XD network buffoonery (Look and Milo's ratings) and they already have a shit ton of showrunners battling for budget over there. I hope he will be a writer on Country Club
>>
>>87531579
>Disney XD should be the best right now, but they went and cancelled every old cartoon they had and havent premiered any new ones, so it's a transitional period where the only interesting things to watch on the channel are reruns and Star Vs and Lab Rats

But they have Milo Murphy's Law and I love that show.

Still pretty pissed about Wander's cancellation tho
>>
>>87530267
>This
>A meltdown

It's pretty mild, all things considered. I guess it's extreme for Carl, considering how softspoken the guy usually is.
>>
>>87531624
I'm so mad they handeled Milo's premiere so poorly. The show could've been a hit, it got big budget based on animation, original music and celebrity guest actors. The show premiered on XD with no hype whatsoever with hideous ratings, like NickToons levels of ratings. Then, Disney backpedaled and aired it on Disney Channel, but the ratings were the lowest Harvey Beaks numbers. And Disney used to be Nick's biggest rival
>>
>>87531624
Right. And that's pretty damn great. Which reminds me of what >>87531443 mentioned.

Disney XD's new shows look good. Country Clubbed has a good slate of writers, untitled McCracken pitch has to be good, and Milo is pretty damn great.

Nick is looking hopeful too. I have high hopes for Welcome to the Wayne, Loud House has been okay and I'm expecting Hartman's Bunsen with a Beast to at least be better than TUFF Puppy. And while I thought Pinkey Malinkey was gonna be bad, the clips Ive seen online warmed me to it greatly.

But nothing CN has looks promising. Twelve Forever looks damn terrible. Two webshows being bumped up to full cartoons, and Magiswords looks like wasted potential OK Ko being messed with a tonne apparently.The exception being Infinity Train which looked so fucking fantastic that I got angry while watching it

>>87531597
The decent looking side characters cant make me ignore how off the main one is
>>
File: 1.png (36KB, 517x379px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
36KB, 517x379px
Holy shit.
>>
>>87531568
>>87531621
It's weird how many notable people ended up getting involved with fish hooks: Justin Roiland, Greenbatt, Maxwell Atoms, William Reiss, Jackie Buscarino; Heck, It's what Alex Hirsch was doing before Gravity Falls and is where Joe Johnston, considered by many to be the best Steven Universe writer/boarder and is now a director, got his start
>>
>>87531699
Ho lee shit
>>
File: 1472095799423.jpg (66KB, 857x483px) Image search: [Google]
1472095799423.jpg
66KB, 857x483px
>>87531695
>cant make me ignore how off the main one is
the picture on the left (by Character Designer Robertryan Cory) looks pretty decent
>>
>>87531699
...*unzips pants*
>>
>>87531699
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH, NOW THAT'S THE FUCKING T!
>>
>>87531705
>all those names under one show
>the show itself was mediocre at best

That's hilarious.
>>
>>87531695
>And while I thought Pinkey Malinkey was gonna be bad, the clips Ive seen online warmed me to it greatly.
Yeah, I loved new artsyle, new sidekicks and the comedy looks like something between The Amazing World Of Gumball and Modern Family
>Twelve Forever looks damn terrible
>The exception being Infinity Train which looked so fucking fantastic that I got angry while watching it
Were those two greenlit to full series?
>>
>>87531750
Fish Hooks has its moments, but it definitely didn't deserve 3 fucking seasons
>>
File: ss (2015-09-23 at 01.02.22).jpg (261KB, 1551x870px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-09-23 at 01.02.22).jpg
261KB, 1551x870px
>>87528621
>Season 2 is all there is. The rest will probably air on Nicktoons (excpet perhaps our Christmas special). But i did write a really special ending. I kind of took all my sadness about the series and put it into the finale.
>>
>>87531705
All this talent wasted on such a basic-ass show and got fucking 110 half hours, while having pretty low ratings for that era of Disney Channel
>>
>>87531750
It was ran by the Almost Naked Animals and Pickle and Peanut guy so all the talent in the world couldn't save it.
>>
>>87531509
>got shafted by Cartoon Network

I don't get this, Chowder got away with a lot of shit, had decent to great animation at times, was treated like a prime time cartoon and wasn't sent over to their Cartoon Gulag (Boomarang)

Just how exactly did he get shafted anyways?
>>
File: 1477619068305.png (400KB, 473x475px) Image search: [Google]
1477619068305.png
400KB, 473x475px
>>87531699
Damn he is mad.

I think getting burned by two channels has made him get Gumball tier cynicism. I just hope he isnt dumb enough to run off to Disney feeling chipper about them next.

Now I wonder what he said about CN when it happened before. Harvey Beaks was technically a bigger success, with 52 episodes.

>>87531725
It does. A bit.

>>87531763
>Were those two greenlit to full series?
No, but I'm looking at all the stuff they have to pull from, pitch wise. I assume one of them may end up coming on eventually. Lakewood Plaza Turbo and Uncle Grandpa were on Youtube for years.

as for Pinkey, yeah. It felt a lot more subdued and slower paced than I expected. People are talking normally instead of screaming too
>>
>>87531801
Premature cancelletion
>>
>>87531824
>Gumball tier cynicism

Huh??
>>
File: image.png (610KB, 773x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
610KB, 773x575px
Why are Nick-fags so delusional?

Harvey Beaks was a shit show only loved by waifu-fags, just like Loud House, just like Avatar, just like any god damned Nicktoon that gets talked about here.

Hey Arnold? Waifu-fags.

Invader Zim? More waifu-fags.

Fairly Odd piece of unfunny shit Parents? Fucking waifu-fags.

MLAATR? Danny Phantom? T.U.F.F. Puppy? Waifu-fags, waifu-fags, waifu-fags.

You can even establish a pattern with other less popular Nicktoons as well.

Ren and Stimpy? Popular until people realized there was minimal waifu potential, then it was thrown in the shitter.

SpongeBob? Early seasons, when Sandy was expected to hook up with SpongeBob, were the "best" but once the show moved away from that it somehow became bad.

Catdog? Pig Goat Banana Cricket? Sanjay and Craig? Ugliest shows on Nick channels and despite some efforts waifu-fagging just couldn't take off.

Burn in hell Waifu-beaks, you're just a drop in the waifu failure cesspool.
>>
>>87531801
>was treated like a prime time cartoon and wasn't sent over to their Cartoon Gulag (Boomarang)
Cartoon Network never burn offs their shows on Boomerang, they do it on CN but without promos (look at Regular Show right now). At the time the channel wasn't even rebranded, newfag
>>
>>87530314
Nigger, the reason Harvey Beaks got such bad ratings is because the network is awful at making good schedules for their cartoons.

And even if the show did badly regardless of that, you should at least respect it enough to run and advertise the last season on the main channel instead of death slotting it on a premium cable network that not every has.
>>
I wonder who's saltier: Greenblatt, or Tartakovsky?
>>
File: 1475107507809.png (281KB, 739x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475107507809.png
281KB, 739x375px
>>87531837
Shut yer mouth, you jive turkey nigger.
>>
>>87531840
Regular Show in Space actually did get a few commercials and actual advertisement on both tv and online.

Didn't help its shit ratings though
>>
>>87531837
>>>/a/
>>
>>87531833
Ah. I suppose that would suck in general.

He didn't seem to come off pissed from it though, http://nerdarmada.blogspot.com/2009/08/hot-girl.html

At the very least, compared to how he's reacting to Harvey Beaks getting the axe.
>>
>>87531840
Chowder wasn't burned off, "newfag". They advertised the last episode and every season 3 episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVp9eCuuWnk
>>
>>87531872
It was his firs big show. For a lot of people, getting fired for the first time isn't too big a deal because they feel like they can pick up and go elsewhere.
>>
File: 1468210221573.jpg (364KB, 720x793px) Image search: [Google]
1468210221573.jpg
364KB, 720x793px
>>87531837
>>
I don't get why Greenblatt is so salty about Chowder's "premature" cancellation.

It got 3 seasons and a series finale.

It wasn't even as funny as it was during the previous two seasons it had.

It had a decent run
>>
>>87531824
>No, but I'm looking at all the stuff they have to pull from, pitch wise. I assume one of them may end up coming on eventually. Lakewood Plaza Turbo and Uncle Grandpa were on Youtube for years.
Weren't both pilots that were greenlit at the time and posed on YouTube just because? I remember knowing Lakewood Plaza will be a more than a short for the longest times.
>>
>>87531840
Please don't call me newfag.

See, I distinctly remember Chowder actually having promos even for its last legs even during the CN Real shit (also including Flapjack)

RS is another story. And while that sucks that it's ending is basically crashing, it's not the worst possible sendoff all things considered. They get to have one last hurrah and jump the shark.
>>
>>87531872
Harvey was his pet project for close to a decade. It's understandable that he would get this mad when he decided to put faith into a company with his dream show when their credibility was at an all-time low, only for them to backstab him when he least suspected it.
>>
>>87531837
Kys
>>
>>87531833
3 seasons is pretty good.
>>
>>87531899
That's why I think he's going super overboard here, and I cant help but not feel 100% on his side on this one. I think he puts his heart into his shows and then lashes out when they end.
>>
>>87531837
Great memes shitlord

Here's your (you)
>>
>>87531899
2 seasons.
>>
>>87531837
Lol what a cheap-ass fucking bait, Nick is my fav top 3 network and I'm gay as fuck
>>
>>87531887
This doesn't really answer my question about how he got shafted by CN. Three seasons (and this was when episodes were still 2 11 minute segments) and a finale are pretty decent for children's programming, if not the ideal.

>>87531910
Ah, that would indeed burn harder in that case.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-06-23-56-35.png (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-06-23-56-35.png
115KB, 1280x720px
>>87531931
It also got nearly 100 segments for Christ's sake!
>>
>>87531836
oh, I find Gumball to be a cynical show so I was using it as an adjective

>>87531905
I dont think that was the case for Lakewood. That was on Youtube forever. And I remember seeing it because a Pan Pizza list of pilots that need to be picked up.
>>
>>87531837
>Early seasons, when Sandy was expected to hook up with SpongeBob, were the "best" but once the show moved away from that it somehow became bad.

Sandy was expected to hook up with Spongebob within the first half of S1. They dropped that idea very quickly.
>>
>>87531942
See >>87531833
>>
>>87531924
Nah, its nowhere near overboard desu. If it was still being aired on their main channel, it'd suck but whatever. At least he'd get that exposure and try again some other time.

Being relegated to Nicktoons is like being sent off to the discarded pile ala Korra Season 4 being online only. Not only that but he apparently took the risk cause he had faith in Nick to not do that exact thing which they're doing (casting aside other projects for the big marketable ones like FOP, Spongebob, and arguably Loud House at the moment)
>>
>>87531967
Oh sorry, misread your post. I thought you meant Beaks
>>
>>87531967
>that slashed episode count in S3

I don't know, that seems pretty fucked to me.
>>
>>87531984
see
>>87531872
>http://nerdarmada.blogspot.com/2009/08/hot-girl.html

>"I didn't really think there'd be this many upsides to having a show officially cancelled by a network, but I'm feeling happier than I've been in a long time. Since we've only got post-production, my schedule finally eases up. I haven't had a break like this in a long, long time."

Please compare that to: http://chgreenblatt.tumblr.com/post/152838892422/i-just-saw-on-twitter-that-the-final-episodes-of

>You’re not the only one disappointed. I’m terribly disappointed in this Network. I’m disappointed that I put my faith in them. I’m disappointed that I spent 7 years of my life making something special for them to just throw away. I’m disappointed in so many things about them that I can’t even say it all. It’s hard going in to work every day feeling sad, angry and let down."
>>
>>87532036
I'm sure that sucks, but it's definitely not the most unjust thing in cartoon history
>>
>>87525841
I honestly wonder if there's some weird occult practice amongst networks where they create a sacrificial offering to some unknown beings in exchange for continued success, and the offerings in question are shows that actually have a huge amount of love and care put into them. Nurturing and creating a show that has so much potential, but is doomed to never reach those heights.
>>
>>87531850
Tartakovsky at least got a chance to finish Samurai Jack. Oh god please don't tell me they canned it too.
>>
>>87532047
If you're wondering ths difference between his reactions, read
>>87531872
>It was his firs big show. For a lot of people, getting fired for the first time isn't too big a deal because they feel like they can pick up and go elsewhere.
Learn to read and we won't take the discussion into full circle. Sorry you couldn't be helped, anon.
>>
>>87531998
I mean, Korra being online only never stopped it from still being remembered by it's fans and the internet. Harvey Beaks going to Nictoons should do nothing to lessen it's impact online as only shows that never had much impact to begin with become obscure. plus I expect the Nicktoons move to end with more reruns on Nick itself, as even Sanjay and Craig had Nick premieres after moving to Nicktoons.
>>
>>87532117
>"I'm assuming the circumstances of this person's reactions because otherwise it doesn't line up to my perspective."

I'm just saying, in black and white text he's very clearly leaving from each network in completely opposite emotional levels.
>>
>>87525646
It sucks, the dude just loved making cartoons. It was his passion.
>>
>>87532162
Not him but

He wouldnt have left for another network if he thought the previous one treated him right though. At least I dont think so. I know Craig only left CN because CN Real.
>>
>>87532162
Well it's the only explanation that would make sense without personally asking him why his reactions were different. You're asking a loaded question that only he would know the answer for.
>>
From what I understand, he's been working on Harvey for Nick since at least 2010, so it must be pretty hard to see years of work destroyed in one day
http://nerdarmada.blogspot.com/2010/04/as-one-thing-fades-away.html?m=1
>>
>the best Spongebob writer AND the best Billy & Mandy writer gets treated like this

Fucking shame.
>>
>>87531699
>Nick had to put a gun to Carl for damage control

Greenblatt is so fucking based. If I ever ran into him at a con, I'd buy him a beer.
>>
File: Image12.jpg (28KB, 500x196px) Image search: [Google]
Image12.jpg
28KB, 500x196px
interesting....
>>
>>87532312
This thread is making people forget that the other two are legitimately not any better right now.
>>
>>87532336
Disney is probably your best bet.

But even there you can get prematurely canned
>>
>>87532336
Disney XD is definetely not, CN are better in general at this point, but had a similar era so some showrunners hate them too
>>87532367
>WOY
>Very Important House
>>
>>87532336
CN and Disney still have some shreds of credibility to them; they're not the best but for middle grounds for corporate and creative interests, they're the best we got at the moment other than trying the Netflix/Amazon/online route which has more than its fair share of obstacles to overcome that network/company backed projects simply do not. (that and most of the noteworthy original programming on those platforms tend to be produced by major companies anyways)

Nick has proven time and time again to screw you over if you're not instantly making SpongeBucks. I'm genuinely glad the Loud House dude seems to have hit a stride (even if what he made is pretty damn safe for a cartoon) when having to compete with Spongebob and that fucking Alvin cartoon that makes gangbuster ratings for no understandable reason.
>>
>>87532400
Didn't CN air like 5 episodes of Regular Show with no promotion?

Plus they split SU and UG seasons in two and made them pretend it was actually them getting more seasons
>>
>>87531889

>Amy

Delet dis
>>
>>87532432
Now that you mention UG, I forgot that's also basically going through what Harvey Beaks got into, complete with not letting the creator know of the cancellation till after the fact.
>>
>>87532432
All networks are fucking shit, some less shit than others.

They only put up with it because making cartoons on your own is incredibly difficult
>>
>>87530683
I see more of the dumping ground stuff than the main channel stuff these days.
everyone i know with DISH just dumps all there kids under 10 in front of CN for fucking lesbian gems and Teen titan go or literally just nicktoons.
it might get more ratings desu just from the TV being always on it.
>>
>>87532312
Where did this came from? I feel like the shows from indie comic creators may give Nick a new renaissance
>>87532423
>CN and Disney still have some shreds of credibility to them;
Disney has been insanely unreliable since the shift to Disney XD. They did to McCracken what Nick did to Greenblatt. Even the amount of episodes is the same.
>and that fucking Alvin cartoon that makes gangbuster ratings for no understandable reason
Alvin is a huge franchise.
>>
>>87532471
>>87532481
>>87532423
This thread just makes me feel sad about the future of animation.

Lot of interesting new and upcoming shows in this thread and I can't help but think about how they're all gonna get screwed by thier networks.

At least Fox treats your cartoon well as long as you get ratings. Well no, since they canceled American Dad while it was doing well to get a cheaper show in its place and then put Bob's Burgers back in the 7:30 slot so they can air 7 shows in a 4 show block
>>
File: 1473807406417.jpg (240KB, 954x897px) Image search: [Google]
1473807406417.jpg
240KB, 954x897px
Well, this fucking sucks.

Is the crew still allowed to update the HB social media after finishing the last episode? That was some nice supplementary stuff to look forward to.
>>
>>87532559
To be fair, I think American Dad should have ended by now

It's ran it's course
>>
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/nickelodeon-forced-harvey-beaks-creator-c-h-greenblatt-apologize-cartoon-brew-144630.html
>>
>>87528262
>Star Vs
>quality
>>
>>87532610
It had a good run, but I dont like the idea of shows that are doing well in ratings, still liked critically and being profitable, and be a large part of your channel's history, and networks can shrug and can it anyways.

I never watched Aqua Teen but I'm entirely baffled by why it was cancelled
>>
>>87532622
>Amid immediately jumping onto Greenblatt again just when the guy was done with his personal venting on his personal blog for clickbait.

Just how scummy can one guy get?
>>
>>87532622
>cartoonbrew again

Is, like, on of their news peeps a diehard Carl fan? That was fast as heck.
>>
>>87532653
I'll admit it isn't perfect, but I really enjoy it.

Can see why others wouldn't though
>>
>>87532705
It's essentially Star being a spaz - the series. It has its moments and can do good stuff when it wants to, but it so rarely does
>>
>>87532664
>>87532694
Cartoon Brew is a joke.

Like when that one writer went on a one man tirade against the Peanuts movie for being in CGI, even though it was clear they put a shit load of work into making the style as close to faithful as they could.

It got so bad animators from the movie came to the site to BTFO him

>>87532622
I mean, it's not like anyone can be surprised this would eventually happen. Carl has a right to be mad, but nobody would expect Nick to just lay their ass open like that
>>
>>87532694
The animation industry is small. I'm pretty sure all cartoon creators and websites like this were all watching this in real time along with us.

And silently cheering at one of them could finally vent at their channel treating them bad.

And being glad it wasnt them this time
>>
>>87532741
I disagree with you, but let's agree to disagree
>>
Honestly, I think 52 half hours (102 segments) AND a conclusion of a finale is a great run for an animated sitcom.
Nick is definetely getting better with promotion tactics (the beginning of Harvey's season 2, The Loud House). New shows are also very promising, the fast burn-off of Pig Goat Banana Cricket and the way the completely rewrote Pinky Malinky shows they are finally tired of annoying SpongeBob types of characters. The fact that they are looking for >>87532312 indie comic artists is very promising. The fact that they are handling the revival specials with the original creators is awesome. And the ratings are growing.
The bad part is definetelly the scheduling. They are too fucking much: pre-school shows+animated shows+acquired shows+live action sitcoms+gameshows+new telenovela type of live action drama+half of the time they air old-school sitcoms. They have 5 networks but only 2 of them are popular enough and then there's SpongeBob spamming. They have to edit themselves and hire a better management, or at least try the Disney XD route with NickToons Network, while the other channels are so low.
>>
>>87532664
https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew

He's trying to turn Greenblatt's little vents into a public spectacle.
>>
>>87532622
I hope, y'all screencapped everything he posted on tumblr, because he's gonna wake up to a big scandal and can probably delete this. Nick can easily cancel the finale he pitched few days ago due to 'creative differences' or something like that, they already did this kind of shit to Angry Beavers.
>>
>>87532653
>>87532705
>>87532741
>>87532776
For me, I'd agree with the guy who says it's not fantastic, but not for his reason. It feels like the show has no stakes, as so many things feel like things only happen because the writers had a cool beginning or end idea and didnt think the rest through.

>>87532819
I agree with all of this right now. Most of the Harvey Beaks problems are holdover issues from the show coming out during the dark Ages for the channel, they legitimately look to be trying more now. They even restarted their Nick shorts programs to get animators to get their shit out there. I fucking hate sounding like a shill because /co/ is filled with them but I just want to find SOMETHING to be optimistic about.

>>87532844
This just hurts both Greenblatt and Nick. Despicable.
>>
>>87532743
>even though it was clear they put a shit load of work into making the style as close to faithful as they could.
Amid was right about that being a useless practice.

And in the end what we got was just "Peanuts' greatest hits" nostalgia manipulation instead of an original story.
>>
>>87532551
>Disney has been insanely unreliable since the shift to Disney XD
I wish they would quit trying to push that damn premium channel or at least simulcast their shows on the Disney Channel too. Honestly, I'm not buying a more expensive channel package for just two or three good shows.
>>
>>87532869
I thought the Angry Beavers thing was just them being dicks rather than anything to do with drama though
>>
>>87532819
>the fast burn-off of Pig Goat Banana Cricket

That's not a good thing. They essentially produced what the network was asking for and quickly buried it because it wasn't the next Spongebob. That and interfering with the writing for another show is nowhere near signs of a network caring about its content creators.

And see, having that many segments would be great if people actually had a chance to see them. The off-reruns Harvey Beaks did get got sandwiched by blocks of Spongebob and Alvin and absolutely ensured it wouldn't have a fighting chance against them. And again, dumping the unaired episodes into the dumping ground that is Nicktoons is nowhere near respectable. (And people legitimately thought Korra was going to be the last instance of this since it got so much backlash for making Season 4 online exclusive)

"Thing I don't like getting burnt off" =/= a network learning to not treat their employees like shit while making a profit off their creative endeavors.

The indie comic approach is absolutely worrying too as it can be seen as preying on unsuspecting newcomers just to screw them over just as bad too.
>>
>>87532872
>>87532844
>>87532743
What exactly is wrong with reporting on the public posts of a creator, and interesting introspective ones at that?

Y'all are turning into KC Green tier faggots.
>>
>>87532903
Yeah, these posts have been pretty insightful
>>
>>87532873
I dont think it's as easy as simply deciding to not do CGI in 20-whatever. In the end, they were pushing a more stylized CGI that is nearly nonexistent and showing what can be done with the medium.

The quality of the story has nothing to do with Blue Sky as it was written by one of Shultz(?)'s children I think

>>87532819
>>87532897
I think you're both being too optimistic/pessimistic.
>>
>>87532873
You can still dislike the new Peanuts movie without defending CartoonBrew. They're a joke of a website masquerading think-pieces as news. Old /co/ threads would routinely mock their articles.
>>
>>87532844
I sincerely cannot wait for the day Cartoon Brew and Amid die off in obscurity. They're literally the western animation Kotaku.
>>
>>87532873
>you should not use CGI in different, artistic means that enables for art styles in films we've never seen before and perhaps can lead to a breeding ground of inspiration for more experimental and possibly groundbreaking methods.

This is literally just pleaing for conformity. You can personally dislike the movie but don't defend Amid/Cartoon Brew. That guy dicksucks John K. for having the balls to experiment TV animation with his model sheet free method that's just as useless of a practice.
>>
>>87532903
>implying not cheap sensationalist shit

Amid, plz.

Carl vented to his concerned fans, not cartoon brew's followers.
>>
>>87532903
>What exactly is wrong with reporting on the public posts of a creator, and interesting introspective ones at that?

The fact that many networks can blacklist creators if they get wind of them being critical about their practices, especially if its being framed like Amid is framing it as a "rallying cry" against Nick

>https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew
>"Greenblatt's frankness about Nick's shitty treatment of his passion is gutsy & demands respect—recognize that he's fighting for all artists!"

Tell me how that is not loading a statement with an intention not meant beyond anything than public venting? Cartoon Brew doesn't even care anyways, they're in it for the clicks just like any other site first and foremost, and what better way to get clicks than to stir up drama.
>>
>>87532897
>That's not a good thing. They essentially produced what the network was asking for and quickly buried it because it wasn't the next Spongebob.
They ordered this show a long time ago, by the time they premiered it the creators started writing the second season. I loved the artstyle, but the main problem was with writing: a lot of characters were despertely trying to be Spongebob, they were loud, annoying and obnoxious and Nick was criticised for those kind of characters and shows for a long long time. I hope the way they gave up on PGBC and the fact that none of new nicktoons are centered along those type of characters shows that they finally stopped trying to find new Spongebob
>That and interfering with the writing for another show is nowhere near signs of a network caring about its content creators.
It's a sign of caring about their content and that's, I hope, will be their first step. Again, Pinky Malinky started from being an over the top annoyingly screaming creature (Spongebob) in the pilot to being your casual sitcom protogonist in the pitched show.
>And see, having that many segments would be great if people actually had a chance to see them. The off-reruns Harvey Beaks did get got sandwiched by blocks of Spongebob and Alvin and absolutely ensured it wouldn't have a fighting chance against them.
Harvey was premiered in limbo between two Nickelodeon eras, when they started caring about it, it was way too late, kids had no idea who those characters were. The Loud House was rerunned from the beginning and it helped a lot.
>"Thing I don't like getting burnt off" =/= a network learning to not treat their employees like shit while making a profit off their creative endeavors.
Based on facts, Nick pays it's employers more and gives them a bigger budget. They stop airing the shows on the main network when they stop being profitable. Even Carl said the studio treated him and Harvey perfectly, it's the network that treated the content poorly.
>>
>>87532940
>>87532987
There's no point in CG trying to imitate 2d animation. Especially something like Peanuts which will always look better hand drawn because of the flat line based style. They might as well have done the entire thing traditionally since there were so many 2d sequences in the movie to begin with.
>>
>>87533022
>>87533039

It's a public post on his public blog. Get over it.
>>
>>87532903
First of all, it's his personal blog. He's replying to his fans and everything he's posting right now is completely emotion-driven. The guy is venting.

Second of all, if networks see you talking shit about them you get blacklisted. It doesn't even matter if you have a good reason to be upset and aren't a volatile person, your ass is trash.
>>
>>87533073
>literally trying to justify screwing over creators just because "I didn't like it :/" or "it just wasn't the time"

I hope you don't try and apply to Nick anytime soon, I sincerely think the reality of having that situation happen to you can legitimately be an awful one.

>>87533083
Sure, and there's no point in trying to advance 2D animation either since that's a "dead medium" in the west, right?

>>87533097
Yes, it is a post on his blog that if he feels the need to delete later, he can. This isn't even touching on trying to add that unintended meaning Amid is slapping on for controversy clicks.

There's a difference between making updates for your followers and then having those updates spun into a story without your consent.
>>
>>87528964
Contrary to popular belief, they aren't spamming TTG as much anymore and they've kinda adopted [AS]'s way of premiering episodes by just basically spacing things out so they can have at least 1 new episode of something a week.

Plus, in terms of daily scheduling, Nick is by far the shittiest.
>>
>>87533097
I remember when news wasnt about being as fast as possble. Letting things cool off and allowing more things to happen before diving into a story. Good times

>>87533083
There is no point in trying to make CG do new things? Hello Amid
>>
>>87533161
>in terms of daily scheduling, Nick is by far the shittiest.
It isnt 2011 anymore.
>>
>>87533139
>There's a difference between making updates for your followers and then having those updates spun into a story without your consent.
Dude, he put it on the internet for all to see and screencap. The lesson here should be is this, when you vent, don't do it in public. Keep your private thoughts private and don't post them so the world can see.

Honestly, don't showcase your grievances until you're well out of the range of the people you're dragging(no matter how much they really deserve it)
>>
>>87533175
So you're going to defend Nickelodeon's schedule for tomorrow (Excluding Nick Jr. and live action shit) of playing only 1 1/2 hours of Loud House and 3 1/2 hours of Spongebob?

Also, for that matter, is Loud House going to be in trouble soon?
>>
>>87533139
>I hope you don't try and apply to Nick anytime soon, I sincerely think the reality of having that situation happen to you can legitimately be an awful one.
The creators got more money they would've have got on CN more possibility to be cut after season 2 on Disney XD based on statistics (Star is the only creator driven cartoon to ever have season 3 there and I'm not counting Gravity Falls, since is was Alex's decision). So how does Nick fuck them over more? Disney XD already is a premium network, so with them right now showrunners have a NickToons situation from the beginning.
>>
>>87533097
>he's venting to his concerned fans on is tumblr, so I guess I can blurt about it on my giant animation news website!
>uses an image of a panicked Harvey
>not a tryhard

Stick to artist of the week articles, Amid.
>>
>>87533212
>Also, for that matter, is Loud House going to be in trouble soon?
I don't think so, it's very consistent, even beats SpongeBob sometimes and aired 26 half hours in almost 6 months
>>
>>87533212
>is LH in trouble soon
No it isn't.

Spongebob, LH and Live Action shit is actual variety. We don't care about the live action so its meh for us but this is nothing compared to the DAYS of almost nothing but Spongebob and ICarly. Or the 250+ Teen Titan Gos a week from last year
>>
>>87533257
I'll take 2014 TTG heavy scheduling over 2010's Johnny Test heavy scheduling any day.
>>
>>87533217
>The creators got more money they would've have got on CN more possibility to be cut

>[citation needed]

>>87533195
>Dude, he put it on the internet for all to see

This is true.

>and screencap.

This is not. You can screencap, true, and there's no stopping it to be spread, but you can avoid possible situations going to shit by just respecting the need to occasionally voice an opinion without turning it into something it's like unlike Amid is doing. Besides, this started off as Greenblatt updating on the show's new airing schedule which even then, they didn't tell him and he found out about it via Twitter, so it's fair to say that was going to cause some possibly emotionally driven posts followed suit.

Greenblatt and many other artists (hell, ANYONE honestly unless the situation absolutely requires reporting on it) are deserving of being able to express their thoughts without having someone generate sensationalist pieces out of it for whatever reasons. The guy especially couldn't have been any nicer considering the situation he was put in, and he specifically made it clear he was venting and nothing more.

I will say that ranging yourself before delving into to how much they suck is solid advice though, for any situation really.
>>
>>87533120
Does Carl really care about not working for Nick again?
>>
>>87533212
>Excluding Nick Jr. and live action shit
Let's not exclude it, it's their original content, no one gives a fuck that you are a young adult who only likes the non-preschool cartoons.
Today, Cartoon Network (excluding Adult Swim) airs 7 shows
Disney Channel (the only 24/7 channel) airs 22 shows
Nickelodeon (excluding Nick@Nite) airs 11 shows
>>
I've never understood the appeal of HB for kids. What was with all the steampunk shit?

Kids want screaming and randumb humor.
>>
>>87533338
It's not JUST Nick. That shit can catch wind in other studios and make them weary about picking you up for whatever position.

And while he can hate what happened to his show, that doesn't mean he wants to burn a possible bridge for a writing job or another attempt or so on. This is just ensuring he'll into more shit than before. Like at least he could delete the blog posts well after if he needs to.

Bear in mind that Amid reporting on him in the first place is what caused Nick to berate him over his Tumblr post for his very VERY mildly worded post: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/c-h-greenblatt-not-thrilled-with-nicks-treatment-of-harvey-beaks-116928.html
>>
>>87533285
>Doesn't know CN is cheap
>Can't open wikipedia to see the amount of season Disney XD's non supported by franchise/merch cartoons have
>>
>>87533372
You're still not providing me with the apparent fat stacks Nick animators make. And from what I understand, all three basically pay pennies in comparison to what the properties generate (and even then they're still very cushion-y jobs.)
>>
>>87533361
McCracken's burned bridges at CN but he had no problem getting work at Disney.

If other companies think you're hard to work with, that's one thing, but being screwed over by forces outside your control and being upset about it is different.
>>
>>87533276
Same.

>>87533338
Blacklisted is more than one channel. If Greenbkat left CN in some drama and left Nick with bigger drama, I legitimately wonder what would come next. When Wander Over Yonder got canned, Craig was sad but just decided to pitch another show.

>>87533343
>Nick airs 11 shows

This doesn't seem right, they air like 6 or 7 Nick Jr shows alone. Or it feels that way. Its actually super fucking huge for them
>>
>>87533285
>Greenblatt and many other artists (hell, ANYONE honestly unless the situation absolutely requires reporting on it) are deserving of being able to express their thoughts without having someone generate sensationalist pieces out of it for whatever reasons.
Everyone deserves that, but when you're on the internet prepare for your thoughts to be put out there and to be aired in a way for vultures/sensationalists to get pageviews. I'm not a fan of it either but in this day and age people should keep their inner thoughts in a place that can't be read by others.

Greenblatt should have waited until it was a proper time to do this, or at least word it in a way that made his point across without angering Nick too much.

>>87531699
>>87530378
>>87530267
>>87530010
>>87528735
>>87528621
This shit though, this will anger the people at Nick and quite possibly sour any other relations to other networks and media outlets. Calling a network a bunch of junkies is a surefire way of getting shit cancelled.
>>
>>87533166
>I remember when news wasnt about being as fast as possble.
That's literally what news has always been.

>>87533238
>he's venting to his concerned fans on is tumblr, so I guess I can blurt about it on my giant animation news website!

Why not? He's an animation veteran and his talking about his experience with one of the biggest tv networks on the planet. If he didn't want new sites to report it, he should keep it in private.

You're getting pissy at Amid for no good reason.
>>
>>87533397
The sad thing is, Nick may end up canning the show and leaving him worse off, and woikdnt really be jerks for doing so.

Greenblatt managed to make a situation where Nick was clearly more wrong into a situation where he can now have a lot of blame put on him as well
>>
>>87533166
>There is no point in trying to make CG do new things?
It's not doing anything new, it's rehashing old techniques badly.
>>
>>87533403
News was about being accurate, not fast. Now the push to be fast means news often gets things wrong and constantly has to update based on a developing stories
>>
>>87531801
Remember CN Real?
>>
>>87533353
My son has taken the path on liking the show.
He's probably gonna be sad to see the show go too soon.
>>
>>87533397
>but when you're on the internet prepare for your thoughts to be put out there and to be aired in a way for vultures/sensationalists to get pageviews

No, fuck that. That's only been a thing as of late. And it always exaterbates the situation. You should absolutely be more critical of the outlets especially since they have just as much power to boost those statements as the creators do.

That being, I can't really disagree with your overall statement though. Shit just sucks in general.
>>
>>87533423
What's not accurate about the Cartoon Brew article?
>>
>>87533343
>Disney Channel
You talking about their main channel or XD?

Also, you may as well exclude all the preschool-daytime since it's not only very different demographics they're targeting, but the timeslots they're on guarantee at least 1 group WILL NOT be watching the other's shows.

So essentially, Monday is only 5 different shows.

>>87533361
>That shit can catch wind in other studios and make them weary about picking you up for whatever position.
Pretty much this. Just like when a director talks shit about the studio he just made a movie for. All these businesses are essentially just really small neighborhoods, where everyone knows everyone.
>>
>>87533435
That was a reply to news prioritizing speed from day one, which isn't true, not a comment on the specific article
>>
File: tumblr_of3tx9ydLA1vor8izo1_1280.png (523KB, 705x703px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of3tx9ydLA1vor8izo1_1280.png
523KB, 705x703px
>the most active HB thread we've had in weeks
>this is the topic

Just kill me
>>
>>87533386
>McCracken's burned bridges at CN

I don't recall anything of the sort other than very light tweets about nuPPG, and even then he barely touched the subject. The only reason he couldn't move onto it was cause he's working with Disney. In fact his situation with Disney seems more bridge-burning than anything. And even then it's not as bad, just unfortunate.
>>
>>87533437
If you're ignoring the shows, you should ignore the timeslots too.

This is getting complicated
>>
>>87533435
Not that anon, but again, see: >>87533039

>"Greenblatt's frankness about Nick's shitty treatment of his passion is gutsy & demands respect—recognize that he's FIGHTING FOR ALL ARTISTS!"
>>
>>87533454
This isn't a HB thread, its a thread about cartoons and scheduling and the big three channels in general

Which actually pretty much IS a typical HB thread come to think of it
>>
>>87533467
You can ignore those timeslots then. It IS during school after all. That's why CN throws Scooby Doo movies and Tom and Jerry around then as well. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>87533385
That's the talks on the animation blogs. Nick and Disney pay the same, CN pays less. And it's logical, Cartoon Network is the least popular channel of the three (exept for that short period of time in the beginning of 10's), they have less digital networks, they have less shows overall, they are less exposed internationally. For example, Adult Swim is the most consistent network for the biggest audience ad salers hunt (Male 18-35), even more than sports, huge conglomerates (including Disney) gave mad money to Vice to have a TV channel that brings that demographic back to TV. Adult Swim has that a huge chunk of than demographic on cable, even their biggest flops rate good, just look at every Nielsen report, but still, look how poorly they finance their original programming
>>
>>87533471
God this makes me mad.

I hope the comments in the article are calling the article out, it I doubt it
>>
>>87533410
>>87533429

>The sad thing is, Nick may end up canning the show and leaving him worse off

That's what I'm worried about and with the way Greenblatt acted(no matter how right he was) just made an already bad thing worse. Nick could just cancel the whole thing outright. Badmouthing a company you still work for is the first thing they tell you not to do. I can understand why he did it, but he should have not gone on a rant about it and perhaps have written his anger and grievances in a well thought out post or blogspot later on months down the road.

Spurting your thoughts in anger in a short amount of time, is a bad idea, makes you feel good for a few minutes but it will have long lasting impressions.

But yes, this whole thing just sucks in general.
>>
To be fair, he's been posting the same stuff constantly for over a year now. This time is just slightly more concentrated.
>>
File: 1467059144036.png (974KB, 1128x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1467059144036.png
974KB, 1128x1225px
>"Nick will have aired Harvey just barely over 15 hours TOTAL for all of 2016. They run a lot more than 15 hours of Spongebob each week"

Holy shit.
>>
>>87533437
>You talking about their main channel or XD?
The main channel. XD should be judged along with NickToons and Boomerang
>Also, you may as well exclude all the preschool-daytime since it's not only very different demographics they're targeting, but the timeslots they're on guarantee at least 1 group WILL NOT be watching the other's shows.
Hell the fuck no. Preschool content is one of the reasons Nick does so good. Believe me, a 3-6 year old boy or girl is a way more important demographic to a children's network, than every one who posted in this thread. And after Paw Patrol they'll watch Spongebob, Fairly OddParents and Loud House, they are completely acceptable for preschoolers and that's why they are aired in between of blocks of those shows. Remember yourself at that time?
>>
>>87533484
>gave mad money to Vice to have a TV channel that brings that demographic back to TV.
>Trying to appease to millennials
>With television
In hindsight, that might have been a mistake.

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/viceland-suffers-low-ratings-despite-its-young-audience-173107
>>
>>87533564
My 6 year old sister only became a fan of Spongebob because of that

And the Loud House and FoP commercials made her know of those too

I hope we don't get any more Harvey Beaks' on the channel going forward
>>
>>87533564
Honestly, XD can't be put in the same bowl with Boomerang and Nicktoons. XD has come a long way from when they were transitioning from Toon Disney and it actually has it's own identity and airs nothing BUT originals (or did, dunno if they're changing their policy with cartoons or not).
>>
Is Harvey Beaks the worst treated cartoon in cartoon history?
>>
>>87533619
>I hope we don't get any more Harvey Beaks' on the channel going forward

A lot of people were hoping we wouldn't have gotten another Korra-esque situation over how badly that went over, and look what's happening.
>>
>>87533648
CN's handling of the DC block still beats it.
>>
>>87533581
>In hindsight, that might have been a mistake.
Maybe it is and maybe it's not, they already signed deals with, like, 40 international broadcasters so they may win at the end of the day.When I watched this huge interview with the heads of media companies, Viceland sounded more like a vanity project, to be honest. It's this huge chunk of critically acclaimed content, they already got an Emmy nom in just three months of existing, A+E are happy to be owners of something that will make their brand look hipper and cooler, even if it's not as profitable
>>
>>87533648
Korra's still legendary in it's dicking.

>"It's a two season miniseries."
>"Haha wait nah, just one."
>"OOPS haha, we mean two again. Oh, and we don't have enough money to hire MIR again. Here, you get the Naruto people though. :^)"
>"Did we say two? We meant three."
>"Haha nah, we meant four. Oh and remember how you had your shit but consistent scheduling of Saturday mornings for season one? Yeah that's gone now, squeeze in with Spongebob reruns the best you can. You don't get reruns either though."
>"Oh and uh, for that fourth season we're just dumping it online haha. Thank you guys for all your hard work though! We'll remember you in our tax write-offs! :-)"

>>87533666
Satan also has a good point.
>>
>>87533643
We are not talking about identity here, every single one of them had uniqueness at one point or another. NickToons Network had some hits at some point (Iron Man, Kappa Mickey), Boomerang's original shows rate comparable to Disney XD in Q4 of 2016. It's still a network that broadcasts in higher packages and has less households than top 3.
>>
>>87533686
To be fair, putting it online was a panic decision after the first 4 eps of season 3 were extracted from ESP nick in the summer when the show was supposed to air in the fall.
>>
>>87533686
Nick never wrote Korra off, though, they still rerun her in the US and internationally, they released it physically, they (still?) make bank of the comic book franchise. Again, the scheduling problem, before premiering Planet Sheen, Nick repeated long-time cancelled Jimmy Neutron on the main network durning early mornings. Nick stopped repeating ATLA because it's hard to do so with shows that break the status quo all the time (horizontal shows) and kids didn't fuck with Korra since the premiere. Year, the numbers were big, but they were mostly teens and young adults, that's why Nick pulled the show from Saturday morning premieres and that's when they stopped caring about her. Children's network won't give a fuck about a hit if it's not for kids, their partners won't buy ads durning this type of show
>>
>>87526691
Yeah. Country Club looks great!
>>
>>87533908
I don't think a title that generic can be trademarked or anything.
>>
Someone saving these Carl posts? It hurts too much to read right now but I'm afraid they might get nuked later.
>>
>>87534349
Yeah, I got them and am gonna complile them later today since I'm going to bed.

If you skim the thread people already took some too
>>
File: death-knell.jpg (1MB, 1651x2079px) Image search: [Google]
death-knell.jpg
1MB, 1651x2079px
>>87534349
>>87534377
I just did it now instead of going to bed.

I added the information thingy from the first post, but otherwise it's everything that I saw that was related to it on his tumblr.

Poor guy, a lot of other show runners are shafted pretty hard without any coverage or venting publicly, so it's clear that he's pretty disappointed.

Hopefully this won't dissuade him from continuing to create cartoons (ignoring stuff like potential blacklists, etc).
>>
>nickelodeon forced him to delete some posts
What a great company!
>>
File: image.png (62KB, 290x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62KB, 290x370px
>>87533648
no
>>
File: 1463197917307.png (13KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
1463197917307.png
13KB, 250x150px
>>87533648
Definetively no.
>>
>>87534794
>5 seasons
>worst treated cartoon
>>
File: 1465582638977.webm (3MB, 890x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465582638977.webm
3MB, 890x500px
>>87534624
>MFW reading all of that

I really do hope Greenblatt lands on his feet after this.
>>
File: gifsmall.gif (2MB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
gifsmall.gif
2MB, 284x160px
>>87525646
Oh, just caught up with the threads.
So they completely shat all over their best cartoon in years, while The Boredom House becomes their new pet show?
I'm ok with this.
>>
File: 1467553067674.png (67KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1467553067674.png
67KB, 250x235px
So nick will have only 1 good show now and a lot of people hate.

Great.
>>
>>87534898
Loud House is NOT as good as Harvey Beaks. It's plagued by shitty writers who moved in from Zombie FOP and have no idea on how to write good comedy.
>>
>>87529452
>but in 2007 their cartoons still had decent budgets.
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>87534914
It may not be as good as Harvey Beaks, but it's still pretty good.
>>
>>87531699
>put your faith in Nick
>they end up fucking you over cause your show isn't Spongebob

I'm sorry, I can't feel too bad for C.H. It just feels like he went in completely blind when going back to Nick. It sucks that this shit happened, but he should've expected it.
>>
>>87531695
>Nick is looking hopeful too.
How the fuck is Nick looking hopeful when they just killed off two shows that just aired last year? Seems to me you're just being blindly optimistic and Milo is the very definition of okay
>>
>>87531705
>and is where Joe Johnston, considered by many to be the best Steven Universe writer/boarder and is now a director, got his start
So this means basically nothing
>>
>inb4 Nick decides to not air the rest of the episodes at all
>inb4 it does air them, but all mentions of Greenblatt are removed
>>
>>87535157
With a burst that Greenblatt did (you do not call a network your show is currently on a druggie), you can bet your ass this show's straight to cancellation

Question is, if CH doesn't get blacklisted from every company now, where do you think he'll go to next?
>>
>>87535157
There's no point in trying to spite Carl. Only a tiny handful of poeple know or care what goes on behind the scenes. Kids just want to see cartoons and rarely know anyone involved in making them.

Plus if they do that he'll probably have worse to say about them.
>>
>>87525841
Sym Bionic 2.0?
>>
>>87534679
Let's be realistic, that's not unreasonable.

>>87534846
Same. Its pretty sad. What I worry the most about is if he's okay.

>>87535056
Most of this was holdover bad decisions from their darker age. What all this was, was trying to recover a show that had a bad start from a time they were even stupider.

Nick is stupid, but no more stupid than every other channel is being nowadays
>>
>>87530469
He's saying SB gets more hours per week than Harvey got all year.
>>
>>87525714
basically any shows with ratings lower than SpongeBob's will get this treatment
>>
>>87531725
sauce on the Robertryan Cory pic please?
>>
File: 1478266368640.jpg (10KB, 471x395px) Image search: [Google]
1478266368640.jpg
10KB, 471x395px
>>87530879
>traditional animation won't be a lost art anymore
>>
>>87528627
Really like this dude's artstyle. I haven't seen anything this creative since Ka-Blam.
>>
>>87534794
UG has about 156 ,11 minute episodes. That's actually the average episode numbers CN usually orders for most of thier shows. Aside from Adventure Time & Regular Show, which were getting more episodes due to thier populairity.
>>
>>87534914
>>87535017
Even tho the show is created by the guy who made those terrible seasons of Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls, this show is actually better than those two. It's not a great show as Harvey is that I agree, but it's not bad either. Really the only gripes I have with Loud House are the toilet humor and gross out jokes. But it does have some interesting episodes and the humor is alright, nothing really hilarious.
>>
>>87530480
He was ready for "cancelation" he had a proper ending for the series but now he will send to the house of your uncle where theres no TV and you have to listen to the christian radio.
>>
>>87535357
>Nick is stupid, but no more stupid than every other channel is being nowadays

You mad? Even if the other channels have worse shows, they still treat the crators well.
>>
>>87533648
Robotomy did much worse, they didn't even advertise the premiere episode
>>
>>87530378
fuck this makes me even angrier considering how garbage Spongebob is these days
>>
>>87535625
> this seems like complete madness as its like Nintendo expecting Dillon's Rolling Western to outsell Pokemon
> remember that Loud House has beat SpongeBob in ratings, so the execs will feel justified with this stance now that it's been proven that it can be done
>>
>abloo bloo bloo I couldnt beat Spongebob and got cancelled

Third-rate cartoon problems.
>>
>>87536720
Your cartoon will have this problem at some point.

Tik-tok, tik-tok, tik-tok.
>>
>>87536720
>>>/trash/
>>
> mfw Greenblatt attempts to John K his way out of the industry
>>
File: existentialism.png (15KB, 263x280px) Image search: [Google]
existentialism.png
15KB, 263x280px
>>87536749
That really depends on a number of factors, but right now, The Loud House is still going strong, and has three seasons guaranteed.

Hartman took a licking like this with TUFF Puppy and Danny Phantom, and he didn't cry on social media or blame Scapegoatbob, he just kept grinding and now has a fourth cartoon to basically pad his retirement fund with.

Greenblat is acting like a moron and probably going to get himself blacklisted from the industry over some spilled milk and a foregone conclusion that was apparent when his cartoon was losing half a million viewers after Loud House or Spongebob premieres gifted him with 2million viewer bookends.
>>
>>87536720
Who let the twelve year-old post?

>>87536823
Understand that not every one has the ability to suck dick keep his cool in front of this kind of stuff. Besides, Hartmann had four shows who all got treated way better than HB, there hasn't been one day of Nickelodeon scheduling without something by Hartmann in it since 2001. Greenblatt on the other hand was just treated like dirt.
>>
>>87536823
Hartman pitches shows like a used cars salesman.

And the quality shows.
>>
>>87535357
>Let's be realistic, that's not unreasonable.

No, it is. Especially after 7 years of dicking the the guy around only to can his project and not even tell him to his face they're canning it. Dude has to find out via twitter.
>>
>>87536823
>Hartman took a licking like this with TUFF Puppy and Danny Phantom

How is it fair to compare Hartman to Greenblatt when Nick has been sucking Hartman's cock for 15 years? They were even ready to give him a fourth show but it didn't get off the ground.
>>
File: They died on impact.gif (1MB, 814x449px) Image search: [Google]
They died on impact.gif
1MB, 814x449px
>mfw this genuinely delightful man loses his career because these assholes pushed him to the breaking point
>>
File: Terror.png (270KB, 683x625px) Image search: [Google]
Terror.png
270KB, 683x625px
Inb4
>Greenblatt is blacklisted.
>Greenblatt from now on will always hear, "We don't believe this will do well.".
>Greenblatt goes to Youtube and attempts animation there until he realizes that people only care about Drama.
>>
>>87537169
Because Hartman has the "Right" charisma(He's a whore) to swoon the Heads of NICK.
Now Hartman is a staple at NICK and they treat him like a Golden Goose.
>>
File: 1396580186514.jpg (15KB, 274x255px) Image search: [Google]
1396580186514.jpg
15KB, 274x255px
>>87528735
I don't get it. Chowder was aired constantly and even had reruns for years.
>>
>>87537413
He just means premature cancellation, especially when he was more than willing to keep working in it apparently.

I say Chowder had a much better run, but it still got plagued by having to deal with the whole CN Real shit that eventually got it prematurely cancelled.

That being said, CN at the very least didnt actively stab him in the back, they just tried to rebrand themselves at the worst possible time just to foow trends like any good corporate entity.
>>
>>87535752
No Clue, it was posted in a "upcoming cartoons" thread. The other one is from a boarder
http://colorpulp.tumblr.com/post/147821742446/lil-life-update-two-weeks-ago-today-was-my-last
>>
>>87537460
>CN are dumb.
>NICK are looking for suckers and Yes Men.
>Disney/XD are just a business.
>Online Animation is a joke now.

Makes me wonder why people even try in the US.
>>
>>87530267
>>87530378
>>87530010
>>87528735
>>87528621
>>87525646
At least he is getting payed so its not THAT bad. But still sucks. Nowadays new Cartoons only last 2 Seasons and honestly for me thats enough. If i ever make a Cartoon i will ask just for that
>>
>>87528262
>Milo's Law
It's too early to really judge it. It feels too much like PnF's A-story and not enough B-story (which would be anything Doof-related).

I still wish they had done a full Doof-related show, Like, reverse PnF basically. Make Doof the highlight with the wacky thing the kids make getting destroyed the B story.
>>
>>87537537
CN is wide open now because over half of their originals are gonna end in the next two years. It'll be a lot easier to get more seasons when the only show with guaranteed ratings on the network is TTG.
>>
>>87537537
Online Animation getting screwed like it has is an unfortunate side-effect by the popularization of normie content. Its sad, but it can't be helped in this day and age and there are ways to try and make some profit through it

The networks being as shit as they are now can be reversed theoretically, but it requires having to come together in unions and so on and having large scale restructuring. Their biggest crime is being outdated, and sooner or later they're either going to finally properly adapt or die out.
>>
>>87536720
How's that general doing?
>>
File: Fuck.png (52KB, 686x487px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.png
52KB, 686x487px
>>
>>87526769
>Nicktoons Network
everything was great back then
>>
>>87537778
I FUCKING HATE MEI
>>
>>87537778
Where is Amid now to defend this?

But seriously, how much more proof do you need that Amid/that site are literally leeches at this point?
>>
File: 1402517749377.png (101KB, 250x311px) Image search: [Google]
1402517749377.png
101KB, 250x311px
>>87537607
>Regular being rushed
>Uncle Grandpa ending
>Gumball ending
>Adventure Time ending (finally)

What will the new era bring? Hopefully something better than We Bare Bear's and NuPPG's.
>>
File: Turt.png (56KB, 178x140px) Image search: [Google]
Turt.png
56KB, 178x140px
>>87537621
Well within the next 50 years most cartoons will be Streamed only and most Networks will have jumped ship to Netflix/Hulu style streaming, but in a 24/7 "Live" format(aka TV now) and offering the ability to watch shows when you want for a $15+ a month price(Netflix will be raised to this point eventually).

The reason why Online animation is "laughable" is because:
>The ideas that people have are a dime a dozen.
>Most are just "parodies", aimed too heavily towards Kids or Adults.
>No real substance or nothing new and experimentally.
>Everyone just wants to remake or make their favorite cartoons, their way.

In all honesty, within that time period cartoons are going to be phased out and more "Lets Play" styled "channels" will be introduced if the trend continues. A lot of kids just don't watch cartoons on television and are more content with browsing or watching things on their phone.
It sucks that HB was pretty much left to die in a hole, but that's the problem with trying to make dealings with companies who know that they'll be irrelevant in the next few decades.

Greenblatt if not blacklisted, has a better chance of trying to make shows for Netflix/Hulu/etc as Exclusives, So those companies will attempt to advertise those shows as a bonus for using their service.
>>
>>87537778

Now this just seems cuckish
>>
>>87537840
Anon, that was the new Era.
Now CN will likely rush to find new shows and/or play more reruns until they're forced to play classic shows(excluding PPG), leading to a another attempt at rebranding.
>>
>>87537849
>cuckish

Not a chance, memelord. Cartoon Brew deserves every beating it gets.
>>
>>87537778
Ok, now this is just an awful situation to be in.
>>
>>87537872
It would be nice to see some of the recent pilots becomes shows, like that Infinity Train and Lakewood Plaza; think Long Live the Royals is already getting one, hopefully it hasn't been changed too much, if at all, from what was shown so far.
>>
>>87536776
Unlike John, Carl's not a miserable person to be around and actually has these things called friends. People who've worked with and will vouch for him. He might not get another chance to showrun for a while but I'm sure he'll have no trouble getting work.
>>
>>87534810
The problem had to do with how they said the show was going to be renewed for two more seasons both to the public and the creators before revealing to the creators that not only was the two season extension just the result of the second and third seasons being split in two but that the show was going to end soon.
>>
>>87537778
>Chris is talented

Well, not the first time your judgment is off, GrĂĽnblatt.
>>
>>87537894

I'm talking about the

>i-im totes cool with cancerbob guise

It fucking obvious that shit is what drives the network down by pushing the good shows out, now with the pedohouse as the sponge's successor, a new cancer cycle will begin
>>
File: C H Greenblatt.jpg (143KB, 804x737px) Image search: [Google]
C H Greenblatt.jpg
143KB, 804x737px
>>87538062
He's okay with "Cancerbob" because he's one of the people who got it to that status, but he's made it clear that he hates how the channel is run regardless of whichever show is on top. All he's trying to do with this post is stop people like the Clairefags on /co/ from starting shit with other shows over this.
>>
>>87532894
Angry Beavers finale pull was due to them violating Nick's regulations

>stated that the universe was a tv show
>stated that the show was over

These are both big no-no's
>>
Harvey Beaks is
>not getting any merchandise
>not getting reruns
>getting little promotion, and no promotion for the 1 hour special
>suffering ratings due to both and bad timeslots
>a horrible experience in the long run for its creator, who put too much love into the show for the neglect it got back from Nick
>being moved to the "go fuck yourself" sister channel
>ending soon because of the network's negligence

Regular Show is
>on its last season due to cancellation
>none of its episodes are getting commercials at all
>drowning in low ratings, almost all of this season is below 1 million
>suffering from CN's bizarre attempts of covering up the show's existence, even though it's been one of the 3 longest running shows on the network's history, and brought it out of its dark age
Not to mention the fucking merchandise it was lucky to get in the first place. Models that didn't even look like the characters, the colors were wrong, and characters that were advertised in a character pack of figures being left out in the box itself. That was so bad that the creator made a half hour special to bring up the issue. Now merchandise has stopped, we're on Season 8 but nothing passed Season 3 has been released on DVD or Bluray, the 3rd season only got a DVD release. The movie only got a DVD release a year ago. Nothing else has came out for the show since the movie on DVD, the last merchandise that wasn't media releases was the toys from 2013. Meanwhile Adventure Time is all caught up on Season releases, and toys are still being made.

Uncle Grandpa is
>cancelled to the shock of the crew and creator, because right before they were told it was ending, they were told it was getting another season (which was fake)

Fuck CN and fuck Nickelodeon for getting rid of my favorite shows (except Uncle Grandpa, didn't watch too much of it ever but I knew about the cancellation news, I'm probably missing some stuff for it because I don't follow the show) because I got nothing left now.
>>
>>87538320
Specifically, those are big no-no's because Nickl at the time likes to run episodes past their productions ending to create the illusion for children that it's never ending so they'd constantly stay tuned, even if nothing new was coming out of it anytime soon.

It's sort of the same thing like how CN rarely formally cancels series and puts it in "indefinite hiatus" so that when they figure out when to reuse that property (oh say, PPG and Ben 10) they can do so, give it a whole new team and look, present it as a new product while still getting that legacy money all for themselves.
>>
>>87538353
Australia published seasons 4 and 5 of Regular Show on DVD. They also did a very nice bluray of Over the Garden Wall while the states only got a DVD release.
>>
>>87538353
>CN trying to cover up Regular Show existing
I haven't watched for awhile but that's ridiculous. I've seen them treat the show bad since 2014 and it's only gotten worse. The show might not deserve to be the grand spectacle of the network, but it's not embarrassing enough to hide evidence it was on their channel at all.

I remember them taking lots of RS videos of their youtube.
>>
>>87538353
Looks like Disney is no different. >>87537001
>>
>>87538399
>Australia published seasons 4 and 5 of Regular Show on DVD.
It's a different department for CN. It's like how in the UK they promote the show pretty well (even though they edit the episodes like fuck and remove half the damn episode in the process) but here they don't. Merchandising departments in different regions are connected to different CN network hubs. CN's Australia area doesn't ask the main CN hub in the States' permission to market the show. They own it in their area and do what they want with it.

CN's United States (the main and direct place) doesn't give a fuck about the show and are doing the best (or worst) they can to take it off the air. That includes something I forgot to greentext where they aired multiple episodes from the final season for 3 fucking weeks to get it off the air asap, and even aired the Halloween episode out of order because of it. This is what matters, the international acts of the other CN channels are completely different in almost every way.

Those seasons released in Australia are also distributed differently.
>>
>>87538399
man I'm still pissed that they went and censored the DVD in the states. It's understandable they would need to edit broadcast airings so that they can be rerun at any hour, but censoring official (and expensive) home media is fucking sacrilege
>>
>>87538503
Wait, they edited the Blu Rays of the earlier seasons too?

Fucking why, it's home media. Holy shit.
>>
>>87530480
He found out they were moving Harvey Beaks to Nicktoons via Twitter. No one at Nick told him face to face.
>>
>>87532432
>Plus they split SU and UG seasons in two and made them pretend it was actually them getting more seasons
they did that with all their in-house 26 half hour season shows (SU, UG, Clarence, and season 1 of WBB)
>>
>>87537840
So far we've got Mighty Magiswords. Christ almighty please help us
>>
>>87532432
>Didn't CN air like 5 episodes of Regular Show with no promotion?
It's been almost 10 now. If they don't promote the episode next week, it will be.

Not to mention like 18 episodes aired in 3 weeks. 18 episodes. 3 weeks. Add this fact with the other fact that the network renewed them for about half of their normal seasons worth of episodes, we've got like 8 episodes left to air.
>>
>>87537537
Trying in Japan is not any better since workers are paid next to nothing there. And Europe is very hit and miss with their ideas.
>>
>>87536633
I'm not mad, I'm just not blind, and don't have a really shirt memory. Yeah, the action Cartoons on CN were sure treated well
>>
>>87533648
See >>87528581
>>
>>87537840
Mighty Majiswords
New PPG
New Ben 10
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: The Series
These are the current fill ins for what's ending.
>>
>>87539948
OK KO Let's Be Heroes was ordered too and it's Steven Universe on steroids: faster pace, more references.
>>
>>87540088
>faster pace, more references.
sounds like mighty maji. deal

also "thing" on steroids is a retarded form of speech
>>
>>87537778
>I'ma go play some Overwatch
god what a fucking manchild
>>
>>87538448
Jesus Christ

There is no escape
>>
>>87540116
>>87540088
>>87539948
also while there's not official confirmation the animation guild blog has mentioned a full Long Live the Royals series
>>
>>87538353
Actually the UG crew were told before the "season announcement" happened
>>
>>87540187
This. The UG team are just overplaying the victim part. That image where UG had a gun in his mouth was just cringeworthy.
>>
>>87540116
Not as bad as MM, but with even uglier artstyle.
Well bitch too bad, I'll use it anyways, the showrunner worked on Steven Universe
>>87540174
You know it's fucked up when Long Live the Royals is the most attractive show of the line-up
>>
>>87540217
>the showrunner worked on Steven Universe
Another reason to not give it the time of day.
>>
>>87540217
>even uglier artstyle.
they've redesigned the characters post-pilot
>>
>>87540217
>You know it's fucked up when
You legitimately come off from how you talk/type as a teen.
>>
File: cheese burger back pack.png (1012KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cheese burger back pack.png
1012KB, 1920x1080px
>>87540249
the creator/showrunner is Ian JQ, the guy who did this episode (he was also a director for season 1 and promoted to co-producer for season 2 and early season 3)
>>
>>87540260
Thank god they got rid of those ugly ass noses
>>87540271
English it's not even my second language and technically, yes, I am a teen. I'm comfortable with my age
>>
>>87540289
I didn't ask for specifics. I don't care.
>>
File: 515.gif (1022KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
515.gif
1022KB, 640x480px
>>87540249
>>
>>87540307
>yes, I am a teen
eightTEEN/nineTEEN?
>>
>>87540325
>That black fag worked on SU, SU is shit so I won't watch it
>GOOD MEME BRO, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS STEVEN UNIVERSE IS FUCKING GREAT AM I RIGHT GUYS OR AM I RIGHT? HAHA OK :'D
>>
>>87540334
Exactly
>>
File: cmicwithhvgm.png (2MB, 715x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cmicwithhvgm.png
2MB, 715x1200px
Harvey was too pure for this world.
>>
>>87540130
>calling someone else a manchild
>while on a cartoon image board

Anon, you're silly.
>>
Talking about DVD's
>>
>>87540598
I could tell this was a press kit before looking at the filename.

I wonder what Chowder's looked like.
>>
>>87537778
Who was that anon last night auckinf Amid off?
>>
>>87540088
>OK KO Let's Be Heroes

People keep saying this is a thing now, but I've seen jack shit out of since the shorts/app game.

Maybe that was all the content ordered. Maybe its just not happening

>>87540357
Can you fuck off to your containment thread or something? This thread is about Harvey Beaks and the situation going on there anyways.
>>
>>87540700
*sucking, what the fuck
>>
>>87540725
>Can you fuck off to your containment thread or something?
I was mocking a steven fag, what are your reading skills?
>>
>>87540700
>>87540726

Probably Amid himself. He happened to pop up around the same time that one dude was trying to justify his awful opinion on the Peanuts movie so I wouldn't be surprised if he was lurking around hoping for anon brownie points.
>>
>>87540774
Yeah, I could tell, I still want you to go to your containment thread.

Honestly, you rabid anti-SU fuckers are just as bad as the SU fuckers, if not worse.
>>
>>87540725
>People keep saying this is a thing now, but I've seen jack shit out of since the shorts/app game.
>Maybe that was all the content ordered. Maybe its just not happening
The show was ordered to full series. It's Cartoon Network's new (extremely retarded) marketing plan to put the audience in touch with new brand via video game, along with a shit ton of shorts in different art-styles and by changing the name of the brand every 5 months. A lot of people believe in it, but I have a feeling it maybe even a bigger rating failure than Mighty Magiswords were.
>>
>>87540803
I'm going to hate the kids that come on here and fucking wet themselves to poor comedy, progressiveness, and ugly character designs and there's nothing you can do about it.

The conversation steered from Harvey Beaks to upcoming shows to Steven Universe fags bringing themselves into another random conversation.
>>
>>87540861
>I'm going to hate the kids that come on here and fucking wet themselves to poor comedy, progressiveness, and ugly character designs and there's nothing you can do about it.

Good for you. I'm sure you're a blast at parties when you keep regurgitating the same conversation topics over and over.

>The conversation steered from Harvey Beaks to upcoming shows to Steven Universe fags

No it didn't. We're still on upcoming shows and the fate of most of the cartoons while still focusing on the HB situation. Take your hateboner elsewhere where it belongs.

>>87540859
That honestly sounds like it's going to topple itself over, especially since I don't think that game ever updated since its release. Shame too, the premise is pretty damn good and is clearly being wasted.
>>
>>87540213
That image was made during the first season, and it wasn't even made by the showrunner but an employee there who suffers from depression and constantly draws things like that.

Blame the people who saved it and connected it to the end of the show for fun
>>
>>87541246
Source?
>>
File: 2016.png (898KB, 1600x466px) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
898KB, 1600x466px
Harvey is dead? Guess I have nothing else to live for. The rest of the cartoons that are on a network lineup are all shit and obnoxious as hell. AT and RS were like my backup plans but even they're ending.
>>
>>87541387
It's amazing how I can't rank those shows by sheer obnoxiousness. TTG is a go-to #1 but then I think about Majiswords and I can't fucking stand how they talk and the jokes are the same as TTG, then nuPPG comes in and it's just as bad. They're all #1.
>>
>>87540423
I kinda want to see Gumball fuck Harvey now
>>
File: Pleb.png (88KB, 479x470px) Image search: [Google]
Pleb.png
88KB, 479x470px
>>87540130
Hey man, you shouldn't call people a manchild even if they-

>He plays on console

Yeah no you're right, he's a manchild.
>>
File: TTG.png (390KB, 796x696px) Image search: [Google]
TTG.png
390KB, 796x696px
>>87541458
Teen Titans Go by a long shot.
>>
>>87541561
>Xbox One

For what purpose.
>>
>>87541561
>interrupting yourself for comedic effect
slice your neck you fucking faggot
>>
>>87541561
>>87541617
Costs less than half of a capable gaming PC and he won't have to upgrade it to play new games for the forseeable future, you're the manchildren for caring (I don't even play games personally)
>>
>>87541639
>the sweet embrace of death
If only I were so brave.
>>
>>87537831
Amid consistently claims how much he care about artists but constantly throws them under the fucking bus if it means for a good headline. I know a couple of professionals in the industry who fucking HATE CartoonBrew but they have to keep using it because there's no decent alternative. Even Blue Sky Studio's private work-based site for the employees to use has CartoonBrew hotlinked to the sidebar so people can keep up with animation news. It's fucking horrendous.
>>
>>87541657
VR is the only reason why you would want a up to date PC atm honestly.
and even then buying into it this early is just for people with good chunk of extra money even then they most likely would just pick up the playstationVR setup.
>>
>>87541657
This "PC is expensive" meme is getting annoying. My PC is mid level from 2012-2013 and still plays most new games fine. And Overwatch isn't exactly a powerhouse either
>>
>>87542159
You're still really supposed to drop $1K on your computer if you want it to run well for 5 years
XBone's already been out for 3 and they'll still be making games for it for at least 3 more, and it's currently going for $250
>>
>>87542255
>>87542159
>>87541657
or maybe he just wants to play games quickly because he's a busy man, without worrying about specs, graphics.
>>
>>87542255
>You're still really supposed to drop $1K on your computer if you want it to run well for 5 years
Even going with proper build (Nvidia/Intel), pretty sure it's cheaper, especially in USA.
>>
>>87532903
Because CartoonBrew didn't even give Greenblatt a second to fucking breath before jumping on a clickbait article laced with Amid's anti-studio agenda. Literally the instant that post was made, Amid scrounged up together a shitty article and threw it on for late night clicks to help pay his rent. He didn't message CH and ask for more details in an interview and see if he was curious in elaborating himself, his situation, and asking for his advice. He didn't think about the consequences this might have for Greenblatt just like he didn't the FIRST time, which by the way, the CartoonBrew article for his first tweet is what got him in trouble, not the tweet itself. Nickelodeon doesn't follow CH on social media, but they sure as shit follow CartoonBrew. And Amid just doesn't fucking care one bit about who he is hurting in order to push his fucking agenda and get money in the process.

It's just plain bad journalism.
>>
>>87542159
Same. A strong PC is hella cheap compared to a console and has much better lasting value. Especially when you consider how many games you can get for free.
>>
>>87541993
I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been an attempt to try and start up an alternative news outlet. But considering the only other remotely similar option is Toonzone of all things, maybe that's why people aren't to keen on trying. Shame, though.

>>87542397
This, all of this post. ESPECIALLY:

> He didn't think about the consequences this might have for Greenblatt just like he didn't the FIRST time, which by the way, the CartoonBrew article for his first tweet is what got him in trouble, not the tweet itself

This is the exact situation that got CH in trouble by the exact same author, and now he's just going to end up making it worse on CH. Hopefully this won't lead to anything more than Nick giving him a slap on the wrist as unjustified as even that is, but man people really need to start being vocally critical about Amid and Cartoon Brew, especially if the worst possible scenario comes out from this.
>>
>>87531837
>Harvey Beaks was a shit show only loved by waifu-fags, just like Loud House, just like Avatar
>just like Avatar
Whew fucking lad.
Off yourself.
>>
>>87531699
>Nick forced him to give positive opinions on them
Wow
>>
>>87540598
Dade is looking a bit off here.
Just me?
>>
File: 1454767488048.gif (2MB, 468x304px) Image search: [Google]
1454767488048.gif
2MB, 468x304px
>>87542606
Good job responding to an obvious troll post 16 hours past its expiration date.
>>
>>87542848
Well maybe you should tell your board to stop being so dead!
>>
>>87537778
>greenblatt got cucked
Shiet.
>>
>>87542580
People have been vocally critical of Amid but he doesn't care. He's in charge of CartoonBrew, it's basically his personal blog more than an official animation news site. No one can fire him, he'll be there until he decides to pass up the job or dies.

But this is the same man who:
>Put emphasis on Rebecca Sugar's "as a bisexual woman" and put her entire sexuality under a spotlight
>Praised Sausage Party for weeks as being an R-Rated animated film only to find out it was basically made with slave labor and then patted himself on the back because CartoonBrew was mentioned on several big news sites and proceeded to NEVER follow up with a proper story about those uncredited artists
>Shit on Peanuts repeatedly because of the art style and made the bold claim that Schultz would be spinning in his grave if he saw it
>Outright called Pickle and Peanut trash before it premiered then made a sensationalist article out of the 16-year old voice actor's tweet when he said CartoonBrew is full of cum-guzzlers
>Made an article labelled EXCLUSIVE! about Skyler Page groping the girl but never even interviewed or even spoke to the fucking girl, much to her annoyance
>Made an article about a Dreamworks artist teaching people how to draw The Croods with the headline, "Dreamworks Artist teaches people how to Draw Croods Porn" and justified it in the comments that he did it because it was funny, no other reason
>Posted an article about artists trying to get Zootopia porn banned while having Judy/Nick slash art ride on the fucking banner as the big headline image in what is suppose to be a SFW website

And that's literally the tip of the iceberg. There's a reason Jerry Beck left and he DID try to start his own news site, but people go to news sites for the communities and comments section and it's hard to convince people to break old habit of going to CB.
>>
>>87542906
When did Jerry Beck leave?
>>
>>87542953
Some time at the beginning of 2013. He even said:
>We (Him and Amid) were clearly two different types of people in terms of our points of view. I think that was one of the pleasures of the site. But the time had come to move on.
Which can basically be loosely translated as "Amid runs the site and Beck couldn't stand him".
>>
>>87542812
Now when you said it, I feel like he was reversed horizontally
>>
File: 1454524610274.jpg (8KB, 211x193px) Image search: [Google]
1454524610274.jpg
8KB, 211x193px
>>87542580
It's retarded that you think Amid commenting on things that came from Greenblatt's mouth is going to do worse damage than Greenblatt saying those things in the first place. Like Nick never reads his blog or something.

I remember back when Formspring was a thing that CN made their artists state that their opinions don't reflect that of the network. So they are keeping track of their creators on social media.
>>
>>87543108
I think the problem is CB is making it a much bigger public deal.
>>
Resuming this thread: never, EVER, work on Nickelodeon.
>>
>>87543108
It's retarded you can't admit that CB making a headline out of what Greenblatt said didn't speed up the process of Nick noticing it tenfold. If it was just his social media, they would make him take it down. But now it's some big anti-Nickelodeon article, now it's "official slander". Companies don't take that shit lightly, compared to if it was JUST his Tumblr that they saw weeks later.

And again, it was the CB article that got Greenblatt in trouble the first time. They don't like headlines about them that makes them look bad. But a quiet tweet or Tumblr post is a different matter entirely, they can tell him to delete it and in their minds, it's gone. Nick has no control over Amid, to them, that shit is a permanent mark against them.
>>
>>87542397
I don't see how Cartoon Brew is going to get him in hot water when all they did was post what he said. Sure it was dumb and I hate them for it, but how does this make it their fault he'd get in hot water? He posted it, they just spread it around like people reblogging what he said.
>>
>>87543108
>>87543108
They visit it, sure, but they're not allowed to monitor it or get him into trouble for posting not-so-nice opinions. Its when (unfortunately) big outlets like CB get a hold of it and can sway their much larger reader vase than any personal blog could ever hope to have into viewing Nick in a negative light that can and has gotten him in trouble as opposed to whatever he can possibly write within reasonable limits.

Amid and that site have more than their fair share of control over how the situation can be framed, and so far he's only doing it in a way that will ensure him clicks and profit at the expense of Greenblatt. Just the fact he didn't privately want to talk to Greenblatt about the reply he was berated into making and went straight into making yet another article tells you enough about Amid's priorities as a "journalist".
>>
>>87543239
Because CB didn't just post it, Amid added his own agenda to it which makes Nickelodeon look way, way worse and indirectly put words into Greenblatt's mouth while reaching a wider audience than Greenblatt's Tumblr does.
>>
>>87543270
CB just said what CHB said.
>>
>>87543291
See
>>87533039
>>
>>87543291
Anon above already responded with the post you should read, but the fact that Greenblatt posted this >>87537778 should tell you that he fucking hates Amid did this AGAIN and that he did much more than "just posted what CHG said".
>>
>>87533039
While this is an incredibly cringe worthy addition, it doesn't put him in any more hot water than he would be in just posting what he officially did. It's no different than if I made a Tumblr, reblogged his post, and said "Fuck yea, fight the power man, Nick sucks! Speak out!". While making myself look like a dumbfuck and made some people cringe, I only said something on his behalf and about him. What he says matters, CartoonBrew doing essentially that while retardedly missing the point just makes them look dumb, Nick isn't going to misunderstand and think Carl is the one posting the Brew post.
>>
>>87543453
It's not about Nick thinking Carl wrote the article, it's them being annoyed that they're making them look bad as a studio. They care more that his posts went viral and are now out of the company's PR control rather than he made them at all. Craig McCracken has said some shit against Disney too about Wander and same thing with Alex Hirsch, but they're both still welcome at the studio because CB never spun their stories into clickbait headlines for the animation community to see.
>>
>>87528581

That show would have been a hit on CN. I'm still mad about it. It's one of my favorite Nicktoons.
>>
>>87532432
>>87538353
>>87539324
The weird thing is, they'd rather promote reruns of Teen Titans Go than Regular Show's final season episode premieres.

Seriously, turn on Cartoon Network right now, against your better judgement, and look up in the corner. They've got a banner for a "Special Episode" airing next of TTG that's just their old episodes.
>>
File: notevengodcansaveus.jpg (95KB, 970x990px) Image search: [Google]
notevengodcansaveus.jpg
95KB, 970x990px
Fuck, man seeing official confirmation of the show being cancelled is one thing, but reading Carl's Tumblr is just fucking depressing.
I knew the animation industry was pretty shitty, but damn It hits hard when it happens to a man like this.
He did mention he had some new ideas, though. Hopefully it'll be real nice. I can only assume he'll be headed off to Disney now (after those Tumblr posts, I doubt he'll ever be involved with Nick again).
>>
>>87543571
really? i dont have tv
>>
File: TTG R.png (1MB, 689x991px) Image search: [Google]
TTG R.png
1MB, 689x991px
>>87543621
Yes
>>
>>87543821
It really is the Teen Titans Go Network.

At first I thought you were reaching, and it was like a encore of some premiere recently, but nope, this is just a rerun of an old "special".
>>
>>87543571
What show grabs children's attentions these days? What show isn't getting good ratings?
>>
>>87544050
>What show isn't getting good ratings?
I wonder why. Played dead last in the day, don't bother to promote it, and when the episode comes on, they don't even put "New Episode" above the logo.
>>
>>87543821
TTG and RS both did a dumb cliche story special. The RS one was getting sent to space, TTG was the "get shiprekt on deserted island" one.
>>
>>87544050
>What show grabs children's attentions these days?

Loud House, apparently.

And SU.

TTG has to be doing something right since they get promo'd 24/7 now ala Spongebob.
>>
>>87543453
You don't understand. This is beyond that. Nick can't let a post shit talking them become popular and have them do nothing. Its like protecting copyright. Sometimes its done out of protecting your reputation rather than out of malice.
>>
>>87544628
>TTG has to be doing something right
Nope, it just has to be really fucking dumb and treat kids like they're braindead. That and CN making it the most played show each day doesn't hurt.
>>
>>87528581
They actually aired a couple of episodes on Nicktoons on Halloween, I was surprised
>>
>>87526576
>and had new Spongebob and Loud House before it, and only Harvey's ratings tanked.
That's because shows don't do well when they air AFTER popular shows as evident by any new show that comes after Family Guy or South Park. Shit needs to come in before those shows so people who tune in early and are waiting for Spongebob catch a glimpse of Harvey, not so once their favorite cartoon is done they turn off the TV.
>>
File: shock and awe.png (471KB, 858x930px) Image search: [Google]
shock and awe.png
471KB, 858x930px
What if Nick fires Carl before production finishes and there ends up being a bunch of partially finished episodes that we'll never see like Mission Hill or Sym-Bionic Titan?
>>
>>87545524
I think I'd hate them forever.
>>
Pig Goat Banana Cricket fan here!

NOW YOU ALL KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE COMPLETELY FUCKED OVER LIKE THIS

P.S. FUCK YOU NICKELODEON
>>
>>87545660
Well, Pig Goat Banana Cricket got a even worse treated.
>>
>>87545524
Its possible now that he got fucked over hard.

Disney might not pick him up after the article.
>>
>>87545702
Carl's got a lot of industry friends who will go to bat for him. I'm sure he can get a job as a writer or boarder on Country Club or something else.
>>
>>87545702
Brenda Chapman shit talked Pixar of all people and Dreamworks took her back so fucking fast.

DisneyXD is a bit desperate for "creators with a vision" so they might see this a way to appeal to Greenblatt saying, "It'll be TOTALLY different here! Come pitch a show to us, we won't buy the rights and shelve it, we promise!".

Rival networks love appealing to creators with experience and potential who have been burned by their competition.
>>
>>87545485
Are you insane? Holder views are a huge part of bumping up a show's success. Its why the post Simpsons and post Family Guy slots are so coveted. Hell, its what made Bob's Burgers a success.
>>
>>87545660
>>87545701
It was treated worse because the ratings were far worse than even Harvey's
It was just too strange and complexly-plotted for kids and too loud and scatalogical for adults, no wide appeal, I didn't care for it anyway
>>
>>87545945
The question is, why is that? Shows like Rocko, Catdog, Angry Beavers were really fucking weird but popular. But put those same shows on air today, they would tank. Why?
>>
>>87545983
As said before, is the writing, the show could be pretty good if they contracted good writers that dont just use the same cliche plots of every cartoon.
>>
>>87545983
I don't consider Rocko's, Catdog and Angry Beavers to be on the same pedestal of loudness and obnoxiousness as the likes of PGBC, Mighty Magiswords, Breadwinners. They were very well written. Damn, even Spongebob on it's worst days (that are finally over, based on the season 10 premiere) wasn't as bad, it had it's tamer momens along with the over the top ones.
>>
>>87545983
Short answer: it was the 90s, it was a different time.

Long answer: The network is not what it used to be as well as the fact that general cartoon trends and fads have changed over time. All those shows probably weren't as crazy sucessful as their golden goose at the time (Rugrats) but they couldn't afford to bank solely on that property so they willingly gave each show the best push they could. That's not to say of was a perfect time, Angry Beavers' finale being unproduced because really manipulative rules unplaced so that kids would unsuspectingly still watch reruns once production long wrapped up is more than enough proof of this. But at the very least there was an effort to have variety and give everything a fair chance. Spongebob legitimately changed the game for everyone, as evidence that only one of its contemporaries (the ever confounding as to why its still getting new seasons, Fairly Odd Parents) is still going alongside it. At this point, in terms of animated series for Nick, if you're not immediately making gangbustsers like Nick wants, then your ass is grass.

Then again, I can't really say that as much anymore as that Making Fiends situation is just all sorts of fucked, so I don't know.
>>
>>87536988
Reliable stuff that works even if it lacks all the fancy features?
>>
>HB thread with 107 posters

IS THIS A DREAM?
>>
>>87546760
>It's about the show's death

NO IT'S A NIGHTMARE
>>
>>87546653
Not that anon but honestly, yeah. Danny Phantom was the closest thing to him having any sort of experimentation, and even then it was still comparatively safe.

Still good though. I even liked TUFF Puppy mostly for the cute animal guys FOP was always his weakest series IMO.
>>
>>87546802
>>87546760
>people just begins to talkabout the show when Carl gets buthurt

Curious.
>>
File: tumblr_ofrdxyqYeq1t6s1opo1_540.png (372KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofrdxyqYeq1t6s1opo1_540.png
372KB, 540x360px
>>87546802
I can't find my "I feel hopeless almost all the time" image to post.
>>
>>87546898
I know that its cool to hate FOP and all because le long running series are bad, but it had the most consistently good plots, funny jokes, a large number of great movies and specials, and tons of memorable characters. Its still around because its entertaining and is relateable, even if the past two seasons are by far the worst, its still the third highest rated series on the channel by a wide margin.
>>
>>87546802
>NO IT'S A NIGHTMARE
There's a good Harvey reaction for that somewhere, but I can't remember exactly what it is.
>>
>>87546949
>drama attracts viewers
amid stirs shit up for a reason.
>>
>>87545660
>>87545701
>>87545945
>>87545983
I think it was too high concept

I remember reading that literally every single channel passed up on Phineas and Ferb due to how complex it looked, plot wise. And they actually lucked out with Disney as they already rejected them. But it turned out well. And watching Pig Goat always reminded me of similar plots.

If PGBC was set in a more grounded world, it probably could have caught on. Also if it was on another channel, because people are much harder on wacky Nick shows because the stigma brought on them due to their dark age.

>>87547045
>FoP Season 10
>worse than 5 or 7
nice meme!

I agree though that FoP has had better worldbuilding and side characters than both his other shows. Not to say the others skimped in this regard.
>>
>>87546426
I'm one of those people who has that feeling of, "I miss the 90's", but not because of its content like everyone jumps me on for and calls me a nostalgiafag, but because of the simplicity of how a network ran. While streaming and Netflix is great, it has fucked over these animation networks so hard and now has basically turned the stations into a Monopoly where the only way to get your shit made on TV is by one of the big three. And even then, you risk being thrown onto their throw-away channel or having a shitty schedule now because studios have been going through weird phases ever since 2004 hit.

I mean, just think about all the animation blocks we had back then compared to how few now. Fox Box, MTV, WBKids, ABC Family, even USA Network had a couple of animated shows.

It was just different, and a wonderful time for a show creator. Something like Daria could never get made now, networks would pass on it for like five years before it finally gets picked up where they make three episodes then fucking shelve.
>>
next beaks thread when???
>>
>>87549299
Not anytime soon. This miserable drama has already exhausted our conversation, I don't see any point in continuing it except to wallow in this unpleasantness. Everyone could use some time to cool off
>>
>all this "aw poor craig" shit
>all the fans sending in their love to him saying to "get better soon"
stop. it's a sad situation and i hate it for him, but come on with the fucking waterworks for him, he'll be fine, he's not dying
>>
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/harvey-beaks-the-blister-the-bad-seed/EP021372960106?aid=zap2it
Look for the listings, they pulled the Harvey premiere from NickToons:
Watch The Blister; The Bad Seed on TV
We're sorry, there are no national broadcasts of this TV show in the next two weeks.
>>
>>87549528
Anon, try spending 7 years on a project just to see it get flushed down without a second thought.

While also having to deal with a cartoon snob and his overbloated blog making your fogey bosses mad at you over the lightest possible comments you could make, and now for sure you're in the middle of hot water professionally.

It's beyond a shit situation professionally, especially since he's not exactly getting any fat royalty stacks soon.
>>
File: 1466636943433.gif (2MB, 358x202px) Image search: [Google]
1466636943433.gif
2MB, 358x202px
>>87549625
fffffffffffffffffffffffffff
>>
>>87549625
Hahahahaahahahaha

Oh no.

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo.
>>
It's not over yet, maybe we should archive this thread and create a new one, explaining the news in the OP-post
>>87550489
>>87550442
It can mean two things: Nick is backpedaling and going to leave Harvey on the main channel (nearly impossible, but happened to Kung fu Panda, I think), or Nick is so mad at Greenblatt, that show may be pulled even from NickToons (and be shown internationally way before the US, happened a lot of times to almost every show durning their dark age). The bad thing is, the finale Carl promised wasn't finished by the time the shit got real, so they easily can fire him leaving the special unfinished.
>>
>>87549625
>>87550442
>>87550489
I am living in hell

On a sidenote, the guy who wrote the first Thor movie and X-Men: First Class is upset about it
>>
>>87549625
I-is this a bad thing?
They wouldn't do this just because green boy insulted them a little, right?
Then again, we have stuff like this around now: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/nickelodeon-forced-harvey-beaks-creator-c-h-greenblatt-apologize-cartoon-brew-144630.html
>he just a needs a network
>>
>>87550672
I wouldn't be surprised if Amid's snitching ass is to blame again. But we'll just have to wait and see.

>>87550663
Goddamn, everyone's just had about enough of this year it seems.
>>
File: tumblr_o9gjrz4EYa1u9pnn2o1_1280.jpg (163KB, 695x994px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9gjrz4EYa1u9pnn2o1_1280.jpg
163KB, 695x994px
>>87550751
>Goddamn, everyone's just had about enough of this year it seems.

I'd be willing to give up Christmas if we could just skip December and end this year already.
>>
>>87550776
I didn't get through David Bowie, Prince, Gene Wilder, and Garry Shandling dying as well as the entire goddamned election season not to get a couple of gifts out of it.
Tomorrow night however I can finally stop being constantly uneasy about the election part and just numb myself til the yuletide (fingers crossed for receiving the TrilogĂ­a de Guillermo del Toro)
>>
>>87525646
I'm sad ,but given Nick's bad schedule of copy and paste sitcoms and SpongeBob reruns this didn't surprise me
>>
>>87549528
We're just sad at the state of the big three cartoon channels and Cartoon Brew's shit. It's a lot more general than just this Greenblatt stuff now.
>>
Well, goodbye thread, I hope Nick has plans to air Harvey again
>>
File: 1475292418936.jpg (39KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
1475292418936.jpg
39KB, 600x490px
At least Harvfee is sort of canon.
>>
>>87545770
i'm still not sure what happens to tron it was a good show.
>>
>>87552326
It is? What happened?
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.