[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCCU vs MCU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1416263104840.jpg (106KB, 837x764px) Image search: [Google]
1416263104840.jpg
106KB, 837x764px
Do you think most people actually let memes and their personal bias towards either DC or Marvel cloud their legitimate opinions of various DCCU and MCU films?

>if memes like Man of Murder or quips didn't exist would the movies be judged differently?
or
>does blatant fanboyism result in dickriding horrible hilms vs actual good ones simply because of the source material?
>>
>>87523185
bump?

Is this too rational of a discussion for /co/ to have?
>>
>>87523185
I have a feeling nobody has genuine feelings for the DCEU movies on this website anymore.
The people who "like" them only do it ironically, do spread retarded memes like "kino" around, and the people who dislike them haven't even fucking watched the movies and go about parroting what they heard from critics and their 'friends'.
>>
>>87523185
Other way around. Memes happen because sides have already been made. The ones against one side will make memes to attack them, possibly due to fear.
P-please don't like x, like y instead! Look, meme!
>>
>>87524019
Completely false. I enjoyed BvS to such a high degree that I feel indebted to Snyder to defend it from anyone. I never had strong feelings for any movie until then.
>>
The fact that the Lego Batman movie looks far more appeasing than any of the DCEU movies says a lot about the quality of its scripts. They should just do what Marvel did with the Hulk movies: fire everyone and wait a couple of years to revive the characters and then proceed to gradually build their storylines over phases which culminate in one big event (in MCU's case, the Avengers). This enables the audience to familiarize themselves with the characters and leaves them wanting more. But the DCU is a fucking mess, who feels rushed and has no charismatic actors to sell it. Give me Chris Evans or RDJ any day before fucking Jason Momoa and Ben Affleck.
>>
>>87523185
>because of the source material
I strongly prefer DC comics and strongly prefer Marvel movies.

DC puts out mediocre-to-great comics. Marvel puts out decent-to-shit ones.

Marvel puts out mediocre-to-good movies. DC puts out shitty ones.
>>
>>87523185
>>87524019
probably because there is nothing left to discuss

the first thing I said after leaving Man of Steel was: "man, that was a terrible film" I watched the movie and made my own decision
I don't have an opinion of DC's other more recent movies as I haven't seen them.

as to marvel I liked Iron Man 1 and I enjoyed Avengers 1 and GotG, Avengers 2 was ok and I haven't seen the rest
>>
>>87524145
>The fact that the Lego Batman movie looks far more appeasing than any of the DCEU movies says a lot about the quality of its scripts.
Says more about you than the movies. You just like the tone rather than the substance. I like both of these, for different reasons. Liking only one tone for movies is fine, but you can't say that they're bad inherently because you don't like them.
>>
File: 1462366792285.gif (181KB, 190x152px) Image search: [Google]
1462366792285.gif
181KB, 190x152px
>>87524178
Fucking this.

DC Comic>Marvel Movies>>>>Mavrel Netflix/DC TV shows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DCEU movies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel Comics
>>
>>87523185

Both? Neither are mutually exclusive.

People are stupid, read history for proof that both happen all the time. Wars have literally started over "memes", though most people call it propaganda.

I tend to enjoy the dceu films more than the mcu films.
>>
>>87523185
It's just your typical tribal mentality. It happens with literally everything. I'm sure there are people right now somewhere arguing to the death about different brands of Ketchup.
>>
>>87524383
We wouldn't be if people would just accept room-temperature Heinz 57 from a glass bottle as the best Ketchup ever.
>>
>>87524424

Warm is the most neutral, but all standard ketchup tastes the same. Get generic.
>>
>>87524460
that sounds like something a poorfag would say to make himself feel better
>>
File: 1380713872040.jpg (16KB, 226x193px) Image search: [Google]
1380713872040.jpg
16KB, 226x193px
>>87524383
>>87524424
>>87524460
>>87524531

Good thing is just an example argument over ketchup... r-right?
>>
>>87524383
It's spelled "catsup"
>>
>>87524726

Well sorta, I am posting ironically, but deep down I know in my heart I could never become brothers with a man who thinks heinz has some magical property making it taste better without a greater enemy out there.

Like the freaks who prefer mayo in place of ketchup on their fries.
>>
>>87524936
I'm >>87524424 and I was posting ironically too.

I don't care about ketchup brands. I eat ketchup on my fries, and occasionally mustard when the mood strikes me.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.