[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would Superman save the train without injuring a single person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: 3848561-spider-man-train.jpg (50KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
3848561-spider-man-train.jpg
50KB, 600x300px
How would Superman save the train without injuring a single person?
>>
>>87514454

Abruptly stop the front wagon so he injures 2.
>>
However he does it, I'm sure /co/ will find a reason to complain about it.
>>
Pretty sure he usually just lifts it off the rails and into the sky then sets it down somewhere. Or it turns out the train is infinitely rigid so he just pushes it from the front.

It's funny how comicbook trains have none of the safety features real trains do though. Elevators too. And cars are highly explosive. Must such to be a civilian in a comicbook world.
>>
>>87514454
Holding out his index and ring finger, while hovering in front of the train and slowly stop it with his tackle-kinesis. Glently open the emergency door and ask each and ever people on train if they are alright, and scan them with his X-ray vision checking for any internal injuries, if any.

This is Superman is great, or rather was great.
>>
File: 16.jpg (42KB, 560x314px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
42KB, 560x314px
There are lots of ways he could save the train, but I think the method with the best chance of no one getting injured is maybe something involving Super Breath. Like, either blowing against the train in controlled bursts to slow it down quickly, but not so quickly that anyone gets whiplash. Or maybe freezing the wheels or something, I don't know.

Given the climate at DC comics these days, though, they'd probably go the Incredibles route and have him use a less safe (but still effective) method, then have the injured riders put together a class action lawsuit against him. Anything to get DC Comics in the news, and "Superman is being sued" makes for a nice 7'o'clock news puff piece.
>>
>>87514454
Give inspiring speech and train would be ashamed of going fast.
>>
>>87514454
>Fly at same speed of train
>lift train entierly up off tracks just by a foot or two
>slow down

not really hard
>>
>>87514591
This.
>>
>>87514757
where's his middle finger
>>
>>87514454
Superman would dodge the thrown control stick and then chase after Ock as he tries to escape.
They'd fight while the train explodes gloriously in the background framing the two combatants.
It'd look biblical with all the fire highlighting Superman's power

t. Snyder
>>
File: on_the_tracks1.jpg (631KB, 1280x962px) Image search: [Google]
on_the_tracks1.jpg
631KB, 1280x962px
>>87514454
Classy Reeves Superman just replaces the tracks.
>>
>>87514848
Uh-oh, I confused the ring finger with the middle finger. My mistake anon.
>>
>>87514787
>He just just stands a few meters from the train , arms crossed and a stern look on his face, and it slows down just before it reaches him
>>
>>87514758
Maybe in New 52, but DC is Rebirth mode right now
>>
>>87514892
What if the gap is longer than his body?
>>
He flies underneath the train, picks it up, and sets it down somewhere
>>
>>87514814
>>87515346
how long do you think trains are?

if he flies fast enough to keep the entire train straight, someone is definitely getting injured inside; if he flies slow enough for one of the cards to succumb to gravity and go vertical, obviously someone is getting injured inside
>>
Honestly, a stop like that should have wrecked the shit of everyone on the train.
>>
>>87514454
He would just stick his hand out, touch the front of the train, and fly backwards while slowly applying pressure to decrease the speed of the train while using using his bio-electric aura to prevent damage to the train itself.
>>
>>87515386
he could slow down the rest of the train without lifting it.
>>
>>87514454
He would grab zod and throw him against the trainyard to explode it, thus stopping the train.
>>
>>87514454
he would punch it with equal force
>>
>>87515488
this
>>
>>87514454
>Stop train
>Everyone inside goes flying at over 100 mph

Its like comic writers forget inertia exists.
>>
>>87515256
Yeah, pretty much what I had in mind.
>>
>>87514853
Kek
>>
What's with the smiling guy? Looks like Jack Nicholson
>>
>>87515862
>Comic writers
>Screen from a movie.
>>
File: xbeMw7h.jpg (779KB, 2048x1589px) Image search: [Google]
xbeMw7h.jpg
779KB, 2048x1589px
Like this
>>
In the DCCU? Probably break everyone's neck at super speed that might even see the train crash.
>>
>>87516031
>How awesome is this shit?
WE'RE GONNA DIE
>But it's really fuckin' awesome.
>>
>>87514454
Grab the back car and slowly slow it down that way
>>
>>87515339
Cape
>>
>>87516177
>Superman destroys public propriety
>"It's ok guys no one died we checked"

It's like a recurring internal joke at this point.
>>
>>87516330
It's not as bad as the "Hulk has never killed anyways, Bruce was always doing the math to keep people safe"
>>
1- Fly behind the train, grab the coupler, and reduce speed slowly and evenly, while pulling against the forward motion until it stops.
2-Run behind the train, ditto.
Basically acting as a rear brake.
>>
does the train have a neck? Then hes a dead man
>>
>>87516379

i love SuperMath, it's so bad
>>
File: tumblr_n4ystqcuU11txzc76o1_400.gif (475KB, 290x199px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4ystqcuU11txzc76o1_400.gif
475KB, 290x199px
>>87514454
>>
>>87514892
>implying he doesn't just use his super-metallurgy abilities to rebuild it
>>
>>87515488
This, although it wouldn't even need Byrne's physics-wank. Applying constant but not overwhelming force to the front of the train would slow it down at a safe rate. It's different from a crashing jet or collapsing building; the train's structural integrity will hold up unless Superman reaches it only moments before it reaches the cliff/wall/whatever.
>>
>>87516183
naw, he saves the train with the sun glowing behind him making him look like Jesus but then Lex blows it up with a bomb anyway and Superman gets all the blame.
>>
Throw it into the sun.
>>
>>87514591
maybe if superman was a likable person people wouldn't complain so much about everything he did.

superman was a mistake
>>
>>87514454
He'd do it perfectly.

Then fly away really sad and conflicted and go home and cut himself to the thought of his disapproving father.
>>
>>87515386

He doesn't have to constantly fly very fast to keep the train straight, he has to be constantly accelerating. A lot. That means very fast the point is reached where the train is glowing from air friction like a returning space capsule. That's DEFINITELY gonna injure someone.
>>
>>87514454
He stops the front but not abruptly, he just gradually pushes harder so the train can decelerate as it stops. Basically what Peter did.
I don't know everything about physics so.
>>
>>87519422
Exactly, he doesn't have to stop it like a ton of bricks.

He flies alongside the train, initially at the same speed. Then grabs the front and slowly decelerates himself, slowing the train with him in the process.
>>
The Toby Maguire method would probably work the best- go under the front carts bumper and slowly push his feet into the ground, gradually decelerating
>>
>>87518513
kek
>>
snap all their necks for a quick painless death
>>
>>87514454
Is that Marvin on the right? Fucking Samurai Jack will save everyone.
>>
>>87515339
Flies back and forth
>>
>>87514673
the first option would hurt a lot of people.
>>
>>87516379
afaik that's always been treated as Cho fanboying in universe. Hulk has killed people and so has Bruce even if most of it was intentional.
>>
>>87514454
moving the earth underneath it as fast as the train moves!
so for the people the train stops
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.