[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poll: who is better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0492.jpg (193KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0492.jpg
193KB, 640x960px
Who is a better comic book character: kingpin or carnage? In your opinion, of course
>>
Kingpin
>>
Carnage, by far
>>
>>87496196
These two tie as my favorite
>>
batman
>>
Carnage is more entertaining I think, maybe.
>>
>>87495852
Kingpin. Mostly because hes not just a spidey villain.
>>
File: daredevil.png (878KB, 601x681px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.png
878KB, 601x681px
Kingpin is a better character because he's so much less one-sided than Carnage.

I remember reading AXIS: Carnage and getting butthurt as hell because they subverted Carnage into a misguided monster with aspirations for heroism, and then IMMEDIATELY reverted him to his old self.

His character is one-dimensional, as an insane serial killer that is impossible to understand. Even his symbiote is one-sided, where Venom is a clear synthesis of the symbiote's personality and Brock's, or Flash's, etc. the symbiote is just "also insane" and rarely does it show any sign of independence from Cletus.

The concept of the character is interesting, basically a "worst-case scenario" version of Venom, the concept of the symbiote taken to a terrifying extreme, but as an extreme, he lacks creative methods of implementation. It's hard to give the character any NEW motivation or reason to appear in a story.

Kingpin on the other hand represents, pretty consistently throughout Spider-man and marvel comics, the "underground" of New York city, the force 'behind' all the petty villains the heroes spend 80% of the time fighting. His motivation is clear, but his various aspirations and goals are unclear at any given time. He is often likely to keep heroes alive simply because it's convenient for him, and he can be surprisingly versatile in use.

He has legal immunity and so cannot be fought simply with being beat up and let on the roadside. He has a family he must work to protect as well as family that wishes to fight against him, and a legion of old associates to play off of.

Carnage is a great character, but he cannot become a "main villain" in nearly the same way Kingpin can - and is, to several heroes. Carnage, in being unpredictable and insane, is too predictable a foe.
>>
>>87496454
It triggers me that you didn't mention daredevil when talking about kingpin. He's mainly a daredevil villain now, because he worked better with him than spooderman
>>
>>87496682
It's in my pic though!

I will say that i got into marvel by reading Amazing Spiderman from the very beginning to the present, and branching out into other series as they've interested me, so i was introduced to kingpin like a lot of people, through Spider-man comics with The Rose and Hammerhead and Hobgoblin, etc.

What I've read of Daredevil is a lot more middle-era stuff, if that makes sense.
>>
>>87496812
The first (good) marvel comic I read was daredevil: man without fear (1993), so I am extremely addicted to the devil, and he is my favorite
>>
>>87496812
I also never truly liked the spider, I found him a bit one-sided.
>>
>>87497220
Correction, I only don't like his comic and the amazing Spider-Man appearances. In the original 2000s movies, he is amazing. (I even liked 3)
>>
Kingpin's asshole feels tighter.
>>
>>87495852
I think carnage has more good books.
>>
>>87497502
So by liking the third movie you're basically saying you don't like the spider-man comics, or have any knowledge of the eddie brock/venom story arc. Or in even simpler terms you're an emo yourself
>>
>>87497502
Spider's a great hero with exciting stories in a very small scale compared to the avengers or the FF saving the multiverse. He's also versatile enough to leave the dirty city to fight among the greats. Sjame you're not into him.
>>
>>87495852

They do entirely different things.
Kingpin is....well a Kingpin. He is a massive muscular threat, but more so controlling organized crime, using money to buy what people or things he needs. He is a villain that can relate very much to the real world.

Carnage is a serial killer bonded with an emotionally responsive amorphous. alien that wrecks havoc and is often over the top and destructive.

I can't say one is better, I love both
>>
>>87499576
I haven't seen these movies in years tho. I scratched up my disks when I was a kid
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.