[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic SCANF no more scans comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: sonic-scanf-logo.png (5KB, 345x54px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-scanf-logo.png
5KB, 345x54px
http://en.sonicscanf.org/news/regarding-comics/

>As many of you know, we have been uploading the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man comics on our website for fans to enjoy for free.

>Unsurprisingly, this is considered on almost any front illegal, as Archie Comic Publications Inc. is not making any profit from us.

>While we have been considering alternate methods to assist Archie, ultimately we came to a final decision.

>Out of respect for Ian Flynn and his team, we have decided to stop publishing the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics on our website.

>It would be unreasonable for us to continue uploading them without permission while they are suffering.
>>
>while they are suffering
What happened?
>>
>>87491360
Disappointing but respectable.
>>
man, the relationship between fans and Archie is unusually amicable.
>>
File: 1477825546340.jpg (23KB, 269x269px) Image search: [Google]
1477825546340.jpg
23KB, 269x269px
Where the hell will I read Sonic comics, now ?
>>
>>87491462
Here

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Sonic-The-Hedgehog
>>
>>87491462
If you seriously have to ask then I don't know how to help you. There are many other places these comics can easily be found.
>>
>>87491377
I guess they saw the direct sales which are falling hard.
>>
>>87491412
This wasn't a C&D.
>>
>>87491462
You could always try Comixology.
>>
>>87491360
Huh.
That's pretty good of them. I respect their integrity, even if Archie deserves to die and have all its creators, licenses and properties acquired by someone else.
>>
>>87491755
I think that's a result of the bad printing delays they had last winter. Sonic Mega Drive has been doing extremely well from what I understand.
>>
>>87492526
Direct sales aren't where Archie is strong ever, which made Kaminski's constant attempts to focus on them so much dumber.
>>
Love living under capitalistic fascism
>>
It reminds me of that timen, when the youtuber Soniccomicworld had his account deleted thanks to Ian Flynn envolvment
>>
>>87492297

That's what I mean. It wasn't required. That's very amicable of them.
>>
>>87492631
Yeah, the government should just give everyone the same amount of everything, ugh
>>
>>87493027
That is absolutely right
>>
>>87491360
Lucky me, haven't kept up with comic for a year and just couple of days ago downloaded buncha comics.
>>
>>87492610
>Direct sales
>Newstand sales
>Subscriptions
>Digital releases
>Trade releases
>Digest reprints
Between all of those, they should be doing fine. The higher ups at Archie are just incompetent sometimes.
>>
>>87492631
t. 16 year old
>>
>>87493678
Yeah, that's actually what I was saying. Archie sells much more in newsstands and subscriptions and digests than it does direct sales, but the editor for multiple books, Paul Kaminski, kept going after the direct market to the exclusion of anything else, and it was an incredibly stupid move.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.