[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it that makes them so much better than Marvel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: photo.jpg (50KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
50KB, 800x800px
What is it that makes them so much better than Marvel?
>>
Is... Is this bait?
>>
>>87488594
Your loyalty to Time Warner.
>>
Respect for their reader and the characters they publish.
The ability to learn from mistake.
No agenda pushing.
>>
By being a comic company first and other medias second, as opposed to marvel which is a movie studio that publishes comics.
>>
File: discourse.jpg (84KB, 627x456px) Image search: [Google]
discourse.jpg
84KB, 627x456px
>>87488594
What makes the DCfriend unable to discuss DC without measuring against Marvel?
>>
>>87488594

Better characters and designes in general.

But DC was as bad as marvel during the 2012-2016 era and worst than marvel during the 60-75.

DC is CLEARLY better in the golden age, but is mostly about getting stuff like plastic man or Cap Marvel under their belt.

The real reason why DC is better is that they got people like Moore, Gaiman, Morrison to work for them in shit they were actually inspired and not just doing it for the money.

DC under Johns isnt bright or inspired, in general Rebirth has been DECENT and generic, while Marvel is just pure shit.
>>
>>87488594
>DC
>good

Get fucked, shithead. Stop spamming this board with this stupid meme.
>>
>>87488594
Because DC still feeds me the "Teen Legacy/Sidekick" and "Muh Secret Identity" pap from my childhood, and it's safely inside my comfort zone.
>>
>>87488594
I like the family aspect of heroes, which hasn't translated well to live action yet.
>>
>>87488594
DC heroes aren't doing their second civil war
>>
>>87488652
Still thinking they care about comics
>>
Their fans are loyal to them now that they are producing a handful of comics worth reading? Honestly, nothing separates Marvel and DC aside from their characters.
>>
>>87488594
They don't go out of their way to include something (diversity, for example), and just do it instead, and usually it's done fairly well.
>>
>>87488594
Marvel's own incompetence
>>
>>87488594
The reason they're getting so much good press right now is because they're letting writers write what they want to write and letting artists draw what they want to draw.

By stroke of luck, what the creative teams want to create is in line with what the customers want to buy.
>>
>>87489019
>t.marvel fan
>>
File: Legion of Superheroes.jpg (463KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
Legion of Superheroes.jpg
463KB, 1024x700px
>>87489072
>They usually have some quiet, stoic black fellow stand in the background behind Superman to show he's "not raciss".
>>
>>87488594
prepare to get this thread deleted and get banned despite Marvel fans doing this exact same thing
>>
>>87489119
He's right tho. Lot of shit books, but some great ones. Just like Marvel.
>>
>>87489155
Marvel doesn't have anything great right now.
>>
>>87489155
This.
>>
File: 30743895.jpg (101KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
30743895.jpg
101KB, 400x400px
>>87489183
>>
>>87489144
Nah, I'm talking including new characters like Jessica and, to a lesser extent, Simon, where it's not made too huge a deal of (Simon was a bit of an event sorta thing, though) and revealed on the View, instead it's just kinda done.
>>
>>87489119
Sorry, I just don't find DC to be all that a few posters here on /co/ hype it up to be, they're good, sure, but DC has less weight on my shelf at home and doesn't dominate my pull list. They just haven't really made anything that I truely care about in a long while now.
>>
>>87489151
silly anon, only anti DC posts get deleted, this thread is fine
>>
>>87489183
And neither does DC, or any other company at the moment. What's your point?
>>
>>87489245
I wish anti-DC posts got deleted. Unfortunately they don't.
>>
>>87489256
>or any other company at the moment
Anon...I
>>
They care about the quality of their stories rather than just the headlines they generate. Long-term focus rather than short-term.
>>
>>87488594
your pleb taste
>>
>>87489256
well what the hell are you doing here then ?

>>87488594
Multiverse
Legion of super-heroes (and it will be back in 2017)
Grant Morrison

A comic book like Pax Americana or Ultra Comics is god tier.

Also if you are reading capeshit Marvel comics are currently so bad this is not funny anymore. The vision is over and god damn Civil War 2 was a piece of crap.
At least DC Rebirth is pretty solid overall with a few shitty titles like Cyborg or JL.

Marvel shit is not even funny anymore on screen. Doctor Strange is inception V Origin Story Caepshit Cumbebatch V Mikkelsen 3.0 and Netflix shows are shitty in the last episodes.

I can' believe I ever loved Bendis and co once.
>>
>>87488594
historically, DC has treated its creators better than Marvel. Sure DC has done some jerk things, but they have always been nicer and better than Marvel.
>>
>>87488594
When something doesn't work at DC, they try to move on.

When something doesn't work at Marvel, they force it down your throat until you like it.
>>
they don't suck disney dick
>>
>>87489535
>When something doesn't work at DC, they try to move on.
Like they moved on from Nu52 garbage back to selling the exact same shit they've sold for decades.
>>
>>87489480
Enjoying comics and cartoons? None of them are all that great, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy them and not contribute to company wars anon.
>>
File: batman-110498.jpg (343KB, 900x1355px) Image search: [Google]
batman-110498.jpg
343KB, 900x1355px
>>87488594
HIM
>>
>>87489606
Rebirth has been significantly better than what was being sold before.
>>
>>87489606
rebirth has been mostly good though
>>
>>87489606
>they've been selling Flinstones for decades
>they've been selling Superdad with a family for decades
>they've been selling Chinese Super-Man for decades
>they've been selling Teen Titans led by Damien for decades
>they been selling Jaimie Blue Beetle for decades
>they've been selling Future Quest for decades
>they've been selling Shade The Changing Girl for decades

everyone company has its pillars, but Rebirth has a lot of new in it
>>
File: Sherman.png (87KB, 205x203px) Image search: [Google]
Sherman.png
87KB, 205x203px
>>87489709
>Superman Family Comics is NEW!
>Hey how about some NEW VARIANT SUPERMAN
>Teen Titans led by Robin, is that new or what!?
>We've invented this character called Blue Beetle
>Hannah Barbera cartoons, so NEW!
>Shade is a GIRL!

Flinstones is pretty great, but as for the rest, please kill yourself for making my point for me.
>>
>>87489837
>things have to completely 100% new

how is it any different then Marvel creating yet another Iron Man? Or the hernandez brothers brothers doing yet another Love and Rockets? There are different stories being told and different aspects being explored.

No, we have never had a Superfamily where Clark was the actual father of a child with Lois (at least not in the current prime continuity).

No, we have never had a chinese version of superman.
No, we have never had a TT group led by Damien
No, we haven't had space magic Blue Beetle for decades
No, we have never had all the Hanna Barbara superheroes team up before

and no, we have never had Shade be a little girl before
stop being such a surface level contrarian faggot
>>
>>87488594
caving in and jerking off the nostalgiafags they pissed off with New 52
>>
File: YOU'VE BEEN TELLING LIIIIIIES.jpg (624KB, 1280x1012px) Image search: [Google]
YOU'VE BEEN TELLING LIIIIIIES.jpg
624KB, 1280x1012px
>>87489256
>neither does DC
I would agree, but New Super-Man is legitimately one of the best comics out right now. All the other books right now have been extremely boring so far.
>or any other comic company
Image still has The Fix, which is also one of the better books out right now. I haven't really read anything else from them, though
>>
File: Itsnewtome.jpg (20KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
Itsnewtome.jpg
20KB, 360x270px
>>87489709
The newest property on that list is from the 70's, excluding Superman Variant #3566
Even Shade is from the 70's, even if he has tits now.
>>
>>87489956
Mourn harder edgelord
>>
>>87489606
>Superdad with a family
>Chinese Superman with Chinese Justice League
>Blue Beetle book with both Jaime and Ted
>Green Lanterns buddy cop series
>Wally West led Titans
>Damian Wayne led Teen Titans
>Gotham Sidekicks and Clayface led by Batwoman

>Same shit they've been selling for decades
>>
>>87489837
Your generalizations are wrong though.
>>
>>87489999
>>87489837

if you want completely 100% new stuff then read Vertigo. DC is giving you exactly what you want but no one is buying it.

These are still new stories and new takes on characters. Stop being so pedantic.
>>
File: Aanglosinit.jpg (47KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Aanglosinit.jpg
47KB, 720x480px
>>87489955
>If we have the Titans led by a New! Robin it's totally NEW!
>If we make the same character a girl or a Chink it's Super New!
If we mash a bunch of 50 year old cartoon characters together, it just REEKS OF NEWNESS!

DC is just regressing back to the same nostalgic shit they've pandered to their base for ages. They tried Jim Lee's 90's and it was legitimately horrifying, but let's stop pretending they are trying anything fresh and exciting.
>>
>>87488594
For me, right now, following one character without caring about what happens in others titles is a lot easier at DC.
>>
>>87490047
When Superman had a mullet, the newness must have been exciting for you.
>>
>>87488594
Their books are fun to read and they don't chastise me for my skin color, gender and sexuality.
>>
Separate imprints.
>>
>>87490086
>pander

When you use that word in an argument it renders the entire thing invalid. DC is doing a book about Batman and Supermans kid and Supes book is about being a dad, it couldnt be any farther from the norm.
>>
>>87489999
Shade is a complete new turn. Using it as an example discards your entire opinion.
>>
File: Superboy Prime.png (931KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
Superboy Prime.png
931KB, 400x449px
>>87491147
So Ironheart is a completely new turn then?

Damien Wayne has been a thing for a full decade, there has been some sort of Superboy since the Silver Age, and Superman as a father has been used so many times it has even shown up in the movies.

Expanding the Batfamily or Superman Family for the umpteenth time does not count as fresh or new in any way.
>>
>>87491291
Ironheart is a temporary status quo shake up. Shade is an actual ongoing comic.
>>
>>87491291
"Pandering" is not a thing with 78 year old characters that appeal to everyone. Only recently has your retarded SJW brethren started condemning old things as not appealing to anyone new.
>>
>>87491325
>Shade is an actual ongoing comic.

Yeah, it's on what, issue 44 now? Surely it will be a permanent part of the lineup.

Surely.
>>
>>87491291
Its hilarious to men that grown men and women are the only ones that act like children dont like these old characters. Saw plenty of Batmen, Supermen, Supergirls, Robins, and Wonder Women o Halloween. Stop pretending like its not a very vocal minority that thinks that new readers cant get into old characters.
>>
>>87491401
How can it be on issue 44 if it just started a few months ago? are you high or something?
>>
>>87491291
Only when it comes from you.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.