[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest DCEU Discussion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 12

File: dc-wb-banner.jpg (140KB, 1226x590px) Image search: [Google]
dc-wb-banner.jpg
140KB, 1226x590px
>MoS, BvS & SS were all messes
>Gadot & Momoa can't act yet they're supposed to headline movies
>WW's newest trailer seems to be confirming all the pre-existing fears
>The Batman is reported to be a mess
>The Flash has had two directors bail and its still supposed to come out in 2018
>Booster Gold was reported to not even be in continuity with anything else

What the fuck is going on at WB?
>>
>>87479558
>4 anti-DC movie threads up at the same time

Man, you guys are going all out tonight.
>>
>The Batman is reported to be a mess
> anonymous claims to hear some guys talking off hand at lunch or some shit
>report

Are you people really this retarded or are you just fucking around? Honest question.
>>
DC tv was revealed to make more money for WB in one year than the first three films have and its not looking good. Either they cannibalise their money makers for film flops and ruin money printers like the Flash, or they mysteriously start making good films.. or who are we kidding they're going to keep pushing this shit until justice league and the batman and the rest of the films will just be moved back continually or cancelled.
>>
>>87479614
There doesn't need to be a conspiracy to shit on shitty movies.
>>
Oh I get it you people aren't fucking around. You are retarded.
>>
>>87479614
By...but my uncle is a janitor at EA..um I mean WB! He said he heard a guy talking while taking a shit in the bathroom he was cleaning! Said Batman is a mess, dude!
>>
>>87479614
It's the Wonder Woman trailer that did it. Hearing Gal's laughable delivery and seeing those cheesy slow-mo effects. Otherwise, no one would even be thinking about the DCEU, they'd be talking about Doctor Strange.
>>
>>87479703
I honestly don't even understand the thought process when people decide to make these threads. It must be for pure shitposting.
>>
>>87479815
>DC tv was revealed to make more money for WB in one year than the first three films have
I hate the DCEU but even I don't believe that. You've gotta have a source, right?
>>
>>87479859
Literally every place aside from 4chan loved the trailer and can't wait to see the movie. This place is just contrarian central.
>>
>>87479558

Marlel shills are going all out
>>
>>87479815
Nigga what.

List your proof of the movies being less profitable than shitty fucking CW shows.
>>
>>87479815

Lol the CW shows are pure trash. All of them.
>>
>>87479703
have they even started production besides writing it?
>>
>>87479877
The head of WB reported they brought in over a billion in the last year alone. Combine that with the fact theyre produced at 1/5th the cost of BvS in total. If you were head of a company would you want to throw money in a fire pit or rake it in?
>>
>>87479909
Nope. Just some test footage of Deathstroke and a script in progress
>>
>>87479872
>Literally every place aside from 4chan loved the trailer and can't wait to see the movie.
Why do even care what Reddit thinks?
>>
>>87479877
Not to be that guy
www.cbr.com/dc-comics-tv-series-generate-1-billion-a-year-in-revenue/

The tv makes a lot more money
>>
>>87479558

>Honest DCEU discussion

>Nothing but negatives and trying to disgruntle anyone about future projects

This is what paid shills do
>>
File: 1322595868692.jpg (36KB, 341x349px) Image search: [Google]
1322595868692.jpg
36KB, 341x349px
>>87480000
>>
>>87479558
SS was a fun enough movie and I'm optimistic for WW.
>>
>>87480000
Quads tell me, hows that flash movie shaping up? Or that Green Lantern Corps that no longer has a release date going?
>>
>>87480000
/co/ is to Marvel shills what Neogaf is to Sony shills. A safe space to circle jerk and nothing more
>>
>>87479961
I'm talking about real life, outside of the internet.
>>
>>87479703
>Bret Easton Ellis
>anonymous
Nigga, educate yourself
>>
>>87480043
>A safe space to circle jerk and nothing more
Ironic given how hard the snyder circlejerking was right before BvS came out
>>
>people think someone pays people to shill on /co/

why cant you believe there are just dumb over zealous fans, just like yourself
>>
>>87480043
Except when it comes to comics, /co/ loves DC and shits on Marvel.

It's a balancing issue or maybe it's just a simple fact right now that DC can't into movies at the moment until proven otherwise as Marvel can't get a good shake on their comics until proven otherwise. Take your pick, mister.
>>
>>87480089
No people shill for free but its still shilling.
>Console Warz
>>
>>87480089

Most of you do it for free, others are paid to do it.
>>
>>87480097
Nah people are just overzealous fanboys who will believe anything that fits with their views. The Batman nonsense proves that
>>
File: 1435466728410.gif (94KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1435466728410.gif
94KB, 325x244px
>>87480047
>>
Watching a Marvel movie you're likely to have a popcorn box and a drink next to you

Watching a DC movie, you're more likely to have a pen and paper in understanding what's really going on on-screen
>>
File: 1428906718015.jpg (69KB, 365x404px) Image search: [Google]
1428906718015.jpg
69KB, 365x404px
>>87480126
>>
>>87480151
In other words you're not very bright.
>>
File: lol ok.jpg (29KB, 531x530px) Image search: [Google]
lol ok.jpg
29KB, 531x530px
>>87480126
>he seriously thinks studios come to places like 4chan that has maybe 2000 posters which is known for being a terriorist wannabe, pedo site to market their movies
>>
File: 2deep4u.gif (3MB, 720x302px) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.gif
3MB, 720x302px
>>87480151
>>
>>87480195
this thread alone only has 14 unique posters half of which are arguing about shilling

seems like a good use of someones shill time
>>
>>87480151
So Marvel movies are fun to watch, then?

Also, one of my biggest criticisms of Snyder's movies is that he tries so hard to be deep, and then falls completely flat on his ass. His movies would be so much better if he just owned up to himself and admitted that he just wants to direct cool action sequences and quit trying to insert some kind of shallow, poorly realized "point" to his movies.
>>
>>87480195

I wouldn't expect a shill to admit to being a shill but you're completely out of your element if you think certain companies/interest groups don't come here, on this site, to force a stupid group-think mentality.
>>
File: 1465272921082.jpg (8KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
1465272921082.jpg
8KB, 221x228px
>>87480224
>>
>>87479815
>>87479894
>>87479877
>>87479978
>>87479937
>>87479870

>“Arrow,”
>“The Flash,”
>“DC’s Legend of Tomorrow,”
>“Supergirl”
>“iZombie,”
>“Gotham”
>“Lucifer,”
>“Preacher.”
>“Powerless,”
>“Teen Titans Go!”
>“Krypton,”

Thats 11 shows against 2 movies a year. I would hope that 11 shows made more money then 2 movies. Jesus christ you exaggerating fuckwits.
>>
>>87480226

I'm not even American you seething shill.
>>
>>87480151
Nice meme, I recognize it from /tv/.
>>
>>87480227

Why did you include me in your sperg post for no reason?
>>
>>87480224
i've seen normies try to use 4chan and they instantly cant understand it
>>
>>87480245
who gives a shit who you are, why did you feel the need to respond you fucking faggot
>>
>>87480246

>normies

What a stupid nonsensical word. I wouldn't know who Anita Sarkeesian was if I didn't see her name spammed on at least 10 boards for about a year straight.
>>
>>87479815
>>87479894
>>87479877
>>87479937
>>87479978
>>87479978
>>87479937
>>87479870
Also
> but we should consider not only licensing fees, international broadcast rights, Blu-ray and DVD sales, and, in many cases, advertising revenue (Time Warner owns Cartoon Network and co-owns The CW) but also merchandising — because, heck, even “Preacher” has inspired action figures and T-shirts.
>>
>>87480251

> why did you feel the need to respond you fucking faggot

I'd ask you the same thing you unstable little git
>>
File: Understanding V.png (177KB, 1944x446px) Image search: [Google]
Understanding V.png
177KB, 1944x446px
>>87480224
You are a sad, sad person.

Kinda reminds me of this.
>>
>>87480227
>11 shows
>2 aren't even produced or fully cast
>a cartoon

Yeah and the budgets for the two films lost all the money those shows earned, and didn't even make it back. Keep going with it, remember BvS had to break 1 billion to be profitable after advertising. Kek.
>>
>>87480313

I literally have no idea what that image is supposed to be about but the fact that no discussion is going on in this negative DC thread that you yourself most likely made, and the thing you're concerned about the most is 4chan's good name not being associated with that of paid shills and agenda-pushers is all the mounting evidence anyone ever needs.

Keep earning those shill dollars you sad little cave troll. Maybe one day you'll get a REAL job.
>>
>>87480227
TV shows cost what, a million or two per episode? Probably willing to bet the 2 movies a year cost more than full seasons of every show on that list.
>>
>>87479558
>honest DCEU discussion
>starts with lies
Okay kiddo.
MoS and BvS were both extremely good and Suicide Squad was okay. Get over it already.
>>
>>87480195
>4chan that has maybe 2000 posters

You seriously can't be this dumb can you? 4chan only has 2000 posters? Really? You believe this?
>>
to bring the conversation back on what little track it had to begin with

I feel WB gets more caught in the typical hollywood bullshit and their focus is more on movie tickets than the overall shit Disney tries to push (build up a character, sell more comics, toys, tickets to disneyland)

as a result i feel WB overwhelmingly will:
- choose a "hot" actor for pure name recognition
- take less risks and try to mirror what sold tickets in the past

Marvel movies may feel all the same but they've taken some risks in terms of content (ex: their B-level heroes and varied themes) and hired a lot of leading actors who weren't top billed stars which seem to fit their characters well
>>
>>87480340
Wouldn't being a studio shill mean you're working for the marketing department and therefore already having a real job?

Snyderfags, mang.
>>
If a film underperforms, they're going to meddle to try to fix the problems in the next movie.

If a film's a roaring success, they're going to meddle to try to make the next movie duplicate that success.
>>
>>87480374
none of the actors WB has hired have been hot actors

Cavill was an unknown

Affleck had one good movie under his belt and was going through a huge break up that put him in the hot seat

Gadot is a literally who

Mamoa had just been a tv actor

Almost everyone in suicide squad was a literally who, except Leto who is just a character actor, and Will Smith, but Will Smith has been in nothing but shitty movies recently and doesnt have nearly the star power he used to. He wasnt even the main character.

Flash and Cyborg are also literally whos

Eisenberg hadnt been in a big movie since Social Network, and that was 6 years ago!
>>
>>87480374
>sell more comics

Marvel is definitely failing there.
>>
>>87480461
Disney's smart enough to know that encouraging MCU fans to pick up contemporary Marvel comics would hurt their brand.
>>
>>87480341
SS cost more than all seasons of Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and izombie combined with a good 8 mill left. Also he's mentioned two shows "powerless" and "krypton" which aren't even on a schedule yet and "TTgo" which is a flash cartoon. It's just superautism to make up for the fact that people don't like one section of the DCEU being successful with critics while others haven't been very good moneywise or criticwise. Even though suicide squad was fun, it was disjointed and felt like half of it was missing.. at least Arrows squad got fleshed out and I actually felt and cared for Deadshot before he got Smiffed.
>>
>>87480449

Meanwhile the Nolan movies had Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Liam Neeson, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway...just all kinds of seasoned competent actors....Huge part of what made those films successful.
>>
>>87479703

>Brett Easten Ellis is anonymous

Take your stupid pills, anon?
>>
>>87480449

Wait, Mamoa had a role.

He was in that Conan mov--Oh. Oooooooooh. That's unfortunate.

GoT is fucking cursed.
>>
>>87480449
>Affleck is a household name, Leto is a known actor and a world loved musician, Will Smith has been a household name since the 80s. Jeremy Irons is an expensive get, Jai was coming off a hot streak, and Ezra has been a hot get for the last two years and he's only going to be getting hotter considering he's in the new Potterverse film.
>>
>>87480000
I, as a DCfag who is apparently a Marvel shill, ought to complain to The Walt Disney Company because I never received a single check.
>>
>>87480151
>> Implying Snyderfags can read and write
>>
>>87480461
DC is dominating the charts. Marvel actively tries to not sell comics. I think they're just trying to stop making comics all together.. I mean shit, another spider-man clone story? That's always been a good sign.
>>
>>87480215
Nope. Snyder's depth succeeded. You're just mad.
>>
>>87480449
How is that any different than the MCU? RDJ is literally all of their star power. Evans and Hemsworth get little to no work outside of the MCU.
>>
>>87479823
Then why aren't you doing it in the Marvel threads instead of here?
>>
>>87480606
He wants to act like 3 aren't household names despite work or not (Eisenberg, Affleck, and Smith) 1 actively has to like the project or get a shit of money (Irons) and one is a million making musician and house hold name actor (Leto).. So, basically he can say oh no work blah blah but their pay sure as hell doesn't reflect it. RDJ got paid less than an episode of lost cost for Iron Man 1; Affleck got a contract with back points creative control, millions, and character control for all future films..
>>
>>87480679
Letos band hasn't been famous since the emo days try again.
>>
http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=Xog-4gL13_A&video_start=45&audio=-DSVDcw6iW8&audio_start=0

Batman v Superman as directed by /tv/
>>
>>87480210
Anon please I know these movies are a bit goofy but there's no need to edit in dildos to a .gif image. Though I will commend your workmanship.
>>
>tfw BvS UE was a completely coherent movie with great character arcs and really interesting (if often heavyhanded) imagery
>tfw people still shit on it because their memory is tainted by the theatrical cut
Seriously, I know the film had problems, I won't argue that. But I think it had enough strong points to outweigh its weaknesses. Solid 8/10 for me.
>>
>>87481168
The ultimate cut should have been the theatrical. Most people who thought it was bad aren't going to pay for the ultimate one, and the people that did are just stuck in the Daredevil paradox of "this movie you thought was crap is better on the DVD."
>>
>MoS is decent capeshit, but terrible adaptation
Okay, I can live with that. They gonna learn form their mistakes.
>BvS is generic pretentious flick
Wtf, WB? Again?! And even worse?! With GODDAMN Batman in it? And WW? HOW?!
>SS in not live version of Batman:Assault on Arkham, but dark bad-edited quipfest.
Well, fuck DCEU.
I honestly lost every hope for this. I was so damn hyped for BvS that it was just hurt to see.
>>
File: 1460923659180.jpg (117KB, 894x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460923659180.jpg
117KB, 894x1000px
>mfw despite all the hate and shitposting, I still got the Snyder kino trilogy I wanted
>>
>>87479961
Reddit hated it too apparently. So basically normies love it like Suicide Squad. Nothing to worry about then
>>
>>87479859
People already forgot about Dr.Strange
>>
>>87481938

there is nothing much to say really, it looked pretty and was fun/generic, almost everyone agrees on that.
>>
>>87479558
>Booster Gold was reported to not even be in continuity with anything else
Does that mean it might be good?
>>
>>87481168
The UC still fucking sucks.

>boring fight scene against a generic CGI monster.

>bad acting

>Superman has fewer lines than Falcon had in CW.

>He has no reaction to all those people dying in Congress (imagine all the screams, the crackle of flesh cooking etc that he could hear), he just looks constipated.

>Supes can hear Lois when she is in Africa or when she is falling off a building and he is having a dream sequence on a mountain but he can't hear his own mother across a small bay.

>Batman does nothing for like 2 years to fight Superman and does all his prep in a 2 minute montage.

>Superman doesn't care about the lorry full of armed gunmen that Batman was chasing.

>Superman doesn't take Batman in despite the fact he just wasted like 10 guys.

>Lex gets caught because he used LexCorp unique metals in the bullets he gives to mercenaries and the bomb he used against Congress.

>Lex visits the guy he is going to use as a suicide bomber in person, publicly uses his influence to allow him to testify and then is luckily absent when the bomb goes off. He would be the prime suspect.

>Batman can't figure out who Superman is despite having 2 years, when both Lex and Lois did.

That's off the top of my head.
>>
>>87480151
Hey /tv/, I recognize that from your Avatar copypastas.
>>
File: 1478309306200.jpg (65KB, 493x311px) Image search: [Google]
1478309306200.jpg
65KB, 493x311px
>>
>>87481450
I have this feel. But i really wish the MCU would try and stray from the quipshit formula. Grew up on marvel comics and im constantly seeing wasted potential in MCU films
>>
>>8748003
>Or that Green Lantern Corps that no longer has a release date going?

It's going to BTFO of the Inhumans movie.
>>
Let's predict WW's RT score

I say it'll get a decent 34
>>
>>87482562
34?! You misogynist fuck!
I bet you thought that Ghostbusters (2016) was a bad Movie.
>>
The DCEU, so far, has proven that's it the better film franchise in comparison to Marvel, simply because the DCEU actually gets discussed and people have formulated different opinions about the films. Marvel has never had a movie that is still discussed years after its release.

However, Man of Steel was a solid film and great basis for DC's universe. Batman v Superman, especially the extended cut, was great and added more to this world. Wonder Woman, from the 2nd trailer, looks to build on this tone as well.

Suicide Squad kinda dropped the ball, especially if you look at the 1st trailer which had the grit, compared to the others, which became somewhat light hearted and quippy. Justice League also looks pretty quippy sadly.
>>
Lego Batman looks good
>>
>>87482562
Well I thought GB 2016 was pretty bad and it has 73% on RT. Some proof that it isn't as good as that is that it only has 5.3 on IMDB.

WW will probably get a big boost because 'it's so important'.

I'll guess it'll get around 60% but it'll deserve a score commensurate with BvS and SS.
>>
>>87482869
The Room is still discussed years after it's release, that doesn't mean it is good.

Put it this way- I won't give a second glance to a Ferrari but I'll stop and stare at a car crash.
>>
>>87482869
Grasping at straws, being decisive doesn't mean it's more interesting

It just means fans are willing to give it leeway to be a bad movie without some head canon
>>
>>87481574
>>>87479961
>Reddit hated it too apparently. So basically normies love it like Suicide Squad. Nothing to worry about then

Welp guess wonder woman is not worth watching then
>>
>>87479558
Marvel being good is probably the root cause of this
>>
>>87479558
DC is the worst company in the fucking world.

They should just roll over and sell out to Marvel like we all know will eventually happen.
>>
I've been thinking this for a really long time, but this week has really made me come to terms with the fact that I hate DC. I've tried to give them a chance in the past but nothing they ever made has really interested me. Marvel has offered me stuff like Spider-man, Daredevil, and Punisher that I've grown up with, but DCs heroes have always been kiddy and underdeveloped in comparison.

What also gets me is how anal DC fans are. I've noticed that almost all DC fans are social outcasts while the majority of people happily grow up with Marvel. It feels like a really contrarian way to make decisions. With that comes a sense of unwarranted self importance. DC fans like to pretend their books are "smart," and have a lot of guys like Morrison that write a lot of pseud gobbledygook. DC stories are all about being told how smart you are and being meta. Marvel isn't high art but they're good at telling stories about people that act like people.

But what really gets me is that they're always rebooting and pushing events that do nothing but dredge up shit from their past for nostalgia. It's a backwards way of writing that shows that they're creatively bankrupt, and they hurt ALL comics, not just their own.

And now they've basically killed their whole brand by making three of the worst movies ever IN A ROW, and we have articles proving that they're doing it again for the next three flops.

They have no good characters, can't write stories, and reboot their universe every other day. I've never been happier than right now, watching them burn their whole franchise to the ground.

That's why everyone hates DC. The outright lies, the evil business practices, and the bullshit slammming down of anyone and eveybody that dares to criticize them. They think they're better than everyone else when they're just stewing in their own shit.

Its like they made an entire comic book franchise out of Dunning Kruger effect. every one of them deserves to be dead in the fucking streets.
>>
I swear copypastas are a cancer.
>>
>>87486832
>What also gets me is how anal DC fans are. I've noticed that almost all DC fans are social outcasts while the majority of people happily grow up with Marvel. It feels like a really contrarian way to make decisions.
You're a fucking moron.
>>
File: Ms_Leghorn_by_Bathgate21.jpg (182KB, 591x911px) Image search: [Google]
Ms_Leghorn_by_Bathgate21.jpg
182KB, 591x911px
>>87482869
This is 4chan, we only discuss what is shit. So DCEU is SHIT, like Marvel comics.

This is the Hellboy rule.
>>
>>87487987
You must feel smart, falling for copypasta and all.
>>
>>87480485
>>87480055

This same guy thinks that BvS is a masterpiece.
>>
>>87488998
I've honestly never even seen it.

>inb4 newfag

I've been coming here for years and have never seen it posted.
>>
>>87480151
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>87479558
>what the fuck is going on at WB

i have no idea but it is the same shit that has always been going on over there. I just dont think they'll ever get it together.

but i have to stay hopeful
>>
>>87489135
Oh, he's that guy who wrote that Elseworlds story where Batman kills people and checks his dubs, right?
>>
>>87489329

Yes, that very guy, and who can't shut up in Twitter about insane little things.
>>
>>87482912
when was the last Room thread?
>>
>>87480043
go back to /v/ jacklass
>>
>>87479937

CW rarely generates revenue, it is probably from worldwide tv deals. Still seems to much do 1 billions
>>
File: IMG_3986.jpg (94KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3986.jpg
94KB, 423x600px
I hope they don't fuck up Black Manta like they have every other enemy so far. Everything about him has to be perfect
>>
>>87490206
I hope they're using him in an organic role in Aquaman and aren't just shoehorning him in just because it's what the fans want.

I'd rather they use Black Manta when it'd make sense to than potentially ruin the movie and just force him in because Wan thinks it's what the fans want to see. Not that it isn't but his original ideas for an Aquaman movie didn't sound like they'd include Black Manta.
>>
>>87480522
>Jai was coming off a hot streak
You call having three shitty action movies under your belt and acting talent so wooden you make lumber companies jealous a "hot streak"?
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.