[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did Oscorp have the Sinister Six's equipment and Venom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: ss.png (785KB, 1599x393px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
785KB, 1599x393px
>>
>>87476986
Because sequels and spinoffs. Gotta milk this franchise for all it's got!
>>
>>87476986
We will never know because Sony decided to hand the franchise over to people who couldn't even write a "Vacation" movie.
>>
>>87476986
Wasn't it revealed by the WikiLeaks (I just get a kick out of the fact that WikiLeaks released shit that had to do with Spider-Man movies rather than, like, secret trade deals or war crimes or Clinton's emails, lol) that Sony actually had no idea what they were doing and were just making shit up as they go along and didn't even have a solid plan? Like, they were trying to build a "Spider-Universe" with spinoffs for the Sinister Six and "some female character," but they had no idea how they would fit together, or even who that shadowy trenchcoat guy would turn out to be.
>>
>>87479209
oh yeah, the classic "make up as you go", used to do that with every single essay i wrote in high school.
>>
>>87476986
How can you tell that's Venom? Looks like a crumpled ball of garbage to me. Oh, wait, yeah that's Venom.
>>
>>87476986
Bad writing mostly.
>>87479209
I believe so. Fuck they had no idea who the mystery man was supposed to be. Also I found Rhino to be insulting
>>
>>87476986
Really bugs me when adaptations just give multiple heroes/villains the same origin like that. Instead of interesting origin stories we would have just gotten
>and then Oscorp gave him his powers
>>
>>87479209
I'm sure they had scripts but from the leaks it seemed more like Sony didn't like the way the movie wasn't making money so wanted to re-reboot anyways using something like Last Hunt. Amys emails had a lot about her not liking a lot of Webb and talking about how she just wanted it to bring in more money. I remember one email was even to Sam Raimi talking about him coming back and doing his sequel ideas for his series because Sony didn't want to lose out. I know from what Webb, Orci, and Garfield, and Emma have said post-ASM2 there was already Two drafts in place that was directly following from that damn cliffhanger sequel. Plus the sinister Six/Amazing Foes idea and the Spider-gwen before spider-Gwen spin off. The one thing that it confirmed though was that Sony really gave no fucks about it and was consistently verging on dumping the series and either bringing in raimi to do something he wanted or finding a new reboot. Man that ending pissed me off. I actually liked ASM2.
>>
>>87479373
>stuff I made up
Sony wouldn't bring back Raimi if he begged them.
>>
>>87479501
Read the e-mails. Amy reached out to him.
>>
>>87480945
Link or I'm calling bullshit. If she wanted him back then he'd be back. No one reaches out to another person who worked on a franchise before unless they wanted to fucking ruin any relationship they had with Webb and everyone else still working on the series.
>>
>>87480971
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/24/sony-sam-raimi-and-the-coherency-of-stan-lee/

Here's the relevant parts of emails if you don't wanna give Rich a nickel. The other guy is another Sony exec.

>Amy Pascal: Sam rami?

>Jeff Robinov: ?

>Amy Pascal: Should I bring him back

>Jeff Robinov: Does he have a good take?By the end he had gone a little Joel Schumacher…Do you know this partial novel ur trying to buy?We made an offer Friday based in on Chris Goldberg the book guy we hired from fox. Apparently, it’s heating up. Not sure I get it completely. Curious what your take was…

>Amy Pascal:First two were great. Third one way better than marks movies I think. At this point I don’t know. But he told me I was nuts to do as

>Jeff Robinov: I liked first 2 movies. Sam know what he’d do with it? Is anyone else pursuing it?

>Amy Pascal: One villain. Scarey not cg. Less costumes. Less cg. Less extravazenza. No love story. No aunt may. Very simple. Great action. Peter funnier. Bring back Jonah Jamison.

>Jeff Robinov: Sounds tuff given all the marvel stuff… First 2 Spider-Man’s where the bench mark

>Amy Pascal: I only have the spidey universe not the marvel universe. And in it are only his villains and relatives and girlfriend. No superhero team up here unless you include venom or do a bag guy team up. Marvel want to put him in cap 3 and become the producers
>>
>>87481000
>No superhero team up here
Why not become fuckbuddies with Fox and have Spider-Man/Deadpool?
>>
>>87481021
This was back when Ryan Reynolds was still sucking dick to try and get DP made.
>>
>>87479338
It's a efficient way to introduce multiple villains while maintaining a semblance of reality.

The Raimi movies kinda' did it too.
>>
>>87481021
Because they ruined that by ditching Webb who they had already had some X-men promo deals in place for just to get him involved.

Amy was burning time she didn't like the idea of anything in ASM or ASM2 or even the idea of sinister six or amazing foes. She wanted Raimi to keep his dick in spidey and when the emails leaked Webb was really upset they were essentially asking the old guy to come back after they called him in because Raimis original ideas for Spidey were fucking terrible even to Avi..
>>
>>87481060
>that man you killed for killing your uncle too bad wasn't him it was actually this guy who also conveniently escaped into a quantum experiment with sand.
>>
>>87481034
Got it, I didn't know mails are that old.
>>87481068
So there were some crossovers possible? That's neat.
I wonder who would be the bad guy for Sinister Six. Would they have Spidey beat them all at once or they'd make them fight another group. God knows Spidey has loads of villains who wait to be used.
>>
>>87481000
Jesus Christ, I know that sometimes when you get really busy, you just type whatever comes to mind without any regard for proper grammar and shit, but this reads like a YouTube comment section rather than an exchange of e-mails from one of Sony's chairmen.
>>
>>87481103
The first ASM had to have the DoFP at the end stinger because of the deal.
>>
>>87480971
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/148891
>>
>>87481169
And then you realise how crap like the Ghostbusters remake gets made.
>>
There is a very long, very detailed series of videos by Midnight's Edge that explains pretty much everything about Sony's Spidey production process but this recent one essentially talks about their "plans" for the shared universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4sWLH3o2Gc

It was fucked
>>
Because FORESHADOWING. MOVIE UNIVERSE!
>>
>>87476986
>why did Oscorp have the Sinister Six's equipment and Venom?
foreshadowing and fanservice done poorly, they wanted to build hype for S6 but had literally no idea how it would fit in to anything and couldn't be fucked to write something better than just "LET'S HAVE A ROOM WITH A BUNCH OF GADGETS"
>>
>>87479209
For fuck's sake, at least when I did that with my fan fiction I didn't make anyone pay to read it.
>>
>>87481077
Peter didn't kill the guy in the first movie, he fell out a window.
>>
>>87479209
Has anyone got the screencaps of their emails? There's a transcript of a meeting where they literally, no fucking lie, predict the Spider-Man movies to make 5 Billion dollars at the box office over the next couple years.
>>
>>87479338
I understand it can be kind of frustrating but it also introduces some cohesion since the movies will never be as expansive as the comics.

Even Greg Weisman used it.
>>
>>87476986
Because sequels
>>
>>87479209
They also asked Feige to look at the movie and give advice, which he did. Then they basically completely ignored him.

>There are too many story lines and we need to choose which ones we are focusing on and lift out the other ones, ie; could reduce father arc to just Roosevelt?
>Could cut out plane crash and Richard destroying spiders and start on armored car – don’t start with Spider-Man….let the danger/stakes to NYC build first and then have Spider-Man enter the scene heroically.
>Tone down Paul Giamatti performance, so he seems a bit more menacing and less cartoonish.
>There is too much back and forth with Peter and Gwen – can we recut the Dim Sum scene so that it doesn’t feel so repetitive of their break-up in the last movie – Can Peter be more honorable and definitive and less wishy-washy?
>Not sure what Peter learns at Roosevelt is entirely correct. We’re distracted by the idea that Peter became Spider-Man b/c of his father’s blood --- all this special back story with his super-scientist dad fights with the idea that Peter is normal kid from Queens who becomes the greatest super-hero in the world…
>Andrew’s performance is all over the place…a lot of crying and then a lot of mania. Hard to track him emotionally sometimes. It undermines his reaction to Gwen’s death b/c he gets upset and emotional a lot.
>Don’t like the idea that May tells Peter his parents were spies b/c two seconds later he finds out they are not and it again fights with the idea that he’s an ordinary kid.
>Maybe intercut the ending montage and hearing Gwen’s speech with someone going into special projects and revealing more easter eggs and see that the rhino case has been broke into and the suit is missing…great way to transition to rhino ending.
>Don’t show New Yorkers looting.
>>
>>87481000
>I only have the spidey universe not the marvel universe. And in it are only his villains and relatives and girlfriend. No superhero team up here unless you include venom or do a bag guy team up.
Didn't they have Prowler, Morbius, Silver Sable, Agent Venom, every other Spider and possibly even Firestar? I'd say a team-up with Black Cat, Man-Wolf or Puma wouldn't be very weird either.
>>
Does anyone remember the rumor from when Sony was high on Spiderman and thought they could do a whole movie covering Aunt May, but it's a flashback to when she was younger and was a superspy? Was that stupid idea legit?
>>
>>87485076
Or Cardiac, or Solo, or Rocket Racer?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.