[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it autism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 7

No, seriously was it? He legit believed Strange's name was "Mr.Doctor"
>>
>>87476201
I can't believe they wasted Mads on someone other than Doom.
>>
>>87476264
I'm really starting to suspect these scripts are made by the committee and stitched together based on what worked with focus groups.

Stuff like Whedon's Avengers and Russo's Cap movies you can tell some heart went into. Movies like Strange and Ant Man play the Marvel formula straight unironically. The MCU has a fucking reputation for weak villains and it's like they get worse with every movie. What they did with Mads is unacceptable. What is going on over there?
>>
>>87476201
Just MCU writing.
>>
>>87476201
It's Strange, but considering he trained in a magic school, is it really that out there?
>>
>>87476201
It was a joke ,son! a knee slapper!

..or he was just being a smartass,would you take the time to learn the proper name of one more dead guy in the way of your plot for global domination?
>>
File: RCO011_1468657265-2.jpg (235KB, 885x594px) Image search: [Google]
RCO011_1468657265-2.jpg
235KB, 885x594px
>>87476201
Give the guy a break his wife and unborn child died and he's probably a retard.
>>
Dark Magic rots your brain.
>>
>>87476201
do you have autism, do you not understand what a joke is
>>
>>87476201
Mr. Doctor I'm CIA
>>
>>87476201
Honestly he did the best he could with a really terribly written role. I was at least interested.
>>
>>87476390

Whedon's Avengers is committee as hell.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the execs and Feige stress that each movie be a character piece for the main character and everything else be a basic and unobtrusive tool to play into the piece. The villains are basic because they don't want villains to outshine the hero. They don't want the story to outshine the hero.
>>
>>87476264
>I can't believe they wasted Mads on someone other than Doom.

They don't have the rights to Doom.

And they never will.
>>
>director made one of the few truly scary horror movies in the last 5 years.
>ends up getting "fixed" by Rick & Morty writer
>Surprise...! It sucks.
>>
>>87478472
>>director made one of the few truly scary horror movies in the last 5 years.
What did he do.
>>
>>87476390
I'm sorry, but how was this a weak villain?
>>
He was trained by a woman who's only name/title was "The Ancient One" alongside a guy named Mordo and his own name is Kaicelius

some guy whose last nae is doctor (which is an actual last name for some people) is hardly the most unbelievable thing ever.
>>
>>87478472
>one of the few truly scary horror movies in the last 5 years
The standards for "scary" are at an all-time low, I see.
>>
>>87477969
Tell me about the dark one!
Why does he conquer realities!?
>>
>>87476264
Every one cast as a villain in the MCU should automatically be assumed to be 'wasted'.
>>
>>87476201

He was mocking him, just like how we call you, the OP, a faggot.

. :)
>>
>>87476264
I'd prefer him as Norman.
He can be creepy enough to pull it off.
>>
>>87478262
This. Compare it to Nolan bats where the villains were infinitely more interesting.
>>
>>87478828
Considering the "horror genre" is now "sequeltown" yeah it is.
>>
>>87476390
>Stuff like Whedon's Avengers and Russo's Cap movies you can tell some heart went into.

I don't know, the Russo brothers are such shit directors when it comes to visuals and that shaky cam shit not only is annoying, if anything is the sign of ''auto pilot directing''

Honestly, even the good ones like Iron Man, Ant-man, Cap 2 and 3 and specially Avengers feel like Hollywood films, not like personal projects with ''love''.

I will give you that with Cap 1 a little bit

But just take a look at what Raimi did with Spider-man and that's like a fucking indie movie
>>
>>87479017
God, I hate modern horror so much.
I can only hope that maybe one day there'll be a modern horror movie I can enjoy.
>>
>>87478498
Sinister.

It's honestly one of the better horror movies to come out in recent years. The home video scenes alone are pretty creepy.
>>
>>87478498
Exorcism of Emily Rose (weak), and Sinister (excellent), and Doctor Strange though I think all these Marvel movies are made by the same guy and they just buy directors naming rights. There's no way someone who made a uniquely creepy set of films just churns out essentially Iron Man: Magic Edition
>>
>>87479073
Which is a shame. I don't like either of those movies, but Mads is a good horror actor and if DS indeed tried to have more horror influences, it'd be pretty interesting to see how that would've played out.
>>
>>87479167
Which is a shame because he was brought in specifically because sinister has its unique atomosphere and soundtrack and he was supposed to give strange a more horror-centric/mystic tone even brought his DoP and writer from Sinster with him. I called it though when it went through reshoots and they didn't announce Harmon wrote the reshoots until a month and like a half ago..
>>
>>87478528
He got like 45 seconds to actually talk about his motivation and it was while he was chained up in a funny pose.
>>
>>87478528
Don't bother, every single Marvel movie villain is "weak" because people need a generic criticism instead of thinking for themselves

For some reason having a super complex villain is seen as NECESSARY even though a movie can be absolutely amazing without a complex villain or much motivation at all
>>
>>87478262
>The villains are basic because they don't want villains to outshine the hero.
I wish they'd understand that a provider of all the tension in the movie is not supposed to be forgettable and unthreatening. Boring villains are cancer that kills superhero stories.
>>87479629
>if you disagree with me, you're not thinking for yourselves
And here comes this asshole.
>>
>>87479473
And what's bad about OURman? You don't have any proof his rewrites messed with the final product; or that the original was better. If it was the Feige wouldn't have went with him. Rick and Morty shows he can write some fucked up stuff. Sinister is just 2edgy kvltblkmetal worshipping jerk offing. Surprised Cradle of Filth didn't give it a soundtrack.
>>
>>87479873
There's a difference between dark and edgy cartoon for late teens.
>>
>Wasting Mads

Greatest sin this movie committed.
>>
>>87476534
THIS

they cannot make an interesting or deep villain to save their lives
>>
>>87480190
>Mads
>Doing anything interesting beyond Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky
>>
>>87476264
/thread
>>
>>87479629
No man. If you want a good villain, they need to be fun, interesting, or both. Compare any MCU villain to the Raimi-Spidey villains, or the NolanBat villains, or hell even the Burton/ShumacherBat villains. Even the ones they aren't necessarily "deep" make up for it with personality, and charm.

The MCU villain's are just bland, one-note, and not particularly interesting in comparison.
>>
>>87479629
Other than Loki and by a stretch Bucky they haven't had a strong villain in any of their movies.
>>
>>87480267
Sandman and Venom were as boring as most MCU villains though.
>>
>>87480234
>not liking Green Butchers
>>
>>87476201
IT'S A QUIP YOU DIP!
>>
>>87479047
Conjuring and its sequel are both good
>>
>>87480314
You act like Raimi wanted to use them in the first place. Avis practically wrote the script in.
>>
I absolutely do not understand why people like this movie so much

I mean it had one or two cool fight scenes but it is almost indistinguishable from every other marvel character intro film
>>
>>87480607
Raimi very much wanted Sandman, but the studio kept pushing Venom on him.
>>
I honestly know a doctor whose last name is Docktor so he's Dr. Docktor
>>
File: Even better.png (631KB, 1054x712px) Image search: [Google]
Even better.png
631KB, 1054x712px
>>87476201
>tfw his speech on the evilness of Time is literally how you feel every day

He did nothing wrong and was totally in the right.
>>
>>87480617
I don't understand how anyone can watch MoS or BvS without wanting to puke their brains out or that there are people who actually think Gal Gadot is a good WW so I guess there's things we both don't understand
>>
>>87480652
>the subtle crying

i felt it
>>
>>87480656
where did this come from, I was hoping people would explain why they liked it not immediately hop into defensive shit
>>
>>87476201
It was a joke, if it wasn't clear you're more dense than I am

the movie was good

>>87476264
If they ever get the rights back to doom I would love to see him channeling Hannibal in that role
>>
>>87480600
I guess you and I have different ideas on what good is.
>>
>>87476201
I was honestly distracted by his lips the entire movie it makes me want to kiss him.
>>
>>87478877
A lot of loyalty for a hired zealot.
>>
>>87479546
Yeah, that happens when most of the movie has to be an origin story, combined with introducing magic to the MCU. But his story was entirely believable. He lost someone, became obsessed with defeating death, then got pissed when he discovered the Ancient One's sort-of hypocrisy about the Dark Dimension. He didn't have a personal connection to Strange, he had no reason to even bother talking to him at all. But he was an excellent way to show how dangerous magic can be in the wrong hands and that the Ancient One isn't perfect.

>>87480267
But he was interesting. A man so driven by personal tragedy to defeat death that he abandons the life he knew to enter a world of magic that requires him to relearn everything about the world, only for him to discover this person he placed astronomical trust in had been lying to him and doing things he had been told were forbidden, so he barters with a god to pull the entire planet into another dimension because he thinks it will stop things getting older. That's not interesting to you?
>>
>>87480803
Faggot.
>>
>>87480280
Hugo Weaving didn't do a bad job as Red Skull.
>>
>>87479020
>But just take a look at what Raimi did with Spider-man and that's like a fucking indie movie

You can't honestly believe this.
>>
>>87480652
>>87480663

Even the Ancient One was scared of dying in the end.

Immortality is not a sin.

Just need a better method for that next time.
>>
>>87476390
are you surprised? this is accounting not filmmaking

gotta hit that lovable middle ground for the masses to enjoy...
>>
>>87481062
>hire amazing directors
>have them direct a movie in their style
>have them do mandatory reshoots to add in bants and ways to sell shit to kids
>extremely profit

Hey at least he didn't defeat anyone by the power of dance magic.
>>
>>87480652
He was in the right but the way he went about it you'd end up living forever as a Mindless One.

His greatest failing was not RTFM
>>
>>87481135
He wasn't selfish too. He could've probably learned the Ancient One's method for Immortality, but he wanted everyone in earth to be immortal.
>>
>>87480701
I can't really see it.
Hannibal feels too detached to be anything like Doom.
>>
>>87480820
>the Ancient One's sort-of hypocrisy about the Dark Dimension

If she had told them straight up, "I'm the sorcerer supreme, I'm the only one strong and wise enough to use dark dimension power. It's off limits to the rest of you," we'd probably be having a lot more dark wizards running around.
>>
>>87481380
That's why I said sort-of.
>>
>>87480817
Well Dormammu, that's why I've come to bargain.
>>
It was objectively a better movie than Iron Man. Similar in theme and pacing, but anyone still putting Iron Man on a pedestal needs to take their head out of their ass.
>>
>>87482103

more like le nothing happens man and people pretend that it's amazing for no reason man
>>
>>87476264

Atleast there is a plausibility of his return

Also did they just turn Dormammu into Galactus + Shuma Gorath?
>>
>>87480207

Worse they ruin interesting/deep villains with quirky slapstick and quips
>>
>>87476264

It makes me sad. Fuck. What a waste.
>>
>>87482103
You consider Iron Man to be worse than a 5/10?
>>
File: laughingeverything.png (385KB, 368x447px) Image search: [Google]
laughingeverything.png
385KB, 368x447px
>>87479020
>But just take a look at what Raimi did with Spider-man and that's like a fucking indie movie
>>
>>87479753
>Boring villains are cancer that kills superhero stories.

Personally the reason Iike Batman Begins more than the other Nolan movies was because it's the only one that attempted to get me to care about Batman as a person. Caring about the protagonist is an order of magnitude more important than caring about the villain.
>>
>>87482491
If Netflix shows are of any indication, "interesting/deep" in MCU means "make the main villain an autistic manchild", so maybe that's a good thing.
That's also why Cottonmouth is the best Netflix villain as he's easier to take seriously as a threat than S1 Kingpin or .
>>
>>87483033
*or the purple faggot
>>
>>87483028
Not really. Both should be equally important. That's a reason why almost no one gives a fuck about Batman Begins, yet everyone remembers TDK.
Harvey Dent was the main character, not Batman, by the way
>>
>>87483033

Kingpin has so many guys under his control that he seems threatening. What kills it is when you try to imagine how a guy like that became so fucking powerful in the first place.
>>
>>87483064
>That's a reason why almost no one gives a fuck about Batman Begins, yet everyone remembers TDK.

The reason being shit taste. If you think Marvel needs a Joker it's really a good thing you're not involved.
>>
>>87483082
>Mom, look at me I'm a contrarian
Marvel needs a memorable, actually threatening villain. There's no point in caring about a hero if the force opposing them is shit.
>>
>>87483121
>Marvel needs a memorable, actually threatening villain

the scene where not!Ra's goes into Bruce's house and burns it down had more impact than anything the edgy hobo could muster. Sorry you get your opinions from Hot Topic, but the Joker is not a good villain.
>>
>>87476201
Autism doesn't make you an idiot. Only being OP can do that.
>>
>>87483138
>LE HOT TOPIC meme

I do actually agree that Neeson was pretty damn good, though. I give you that one.
>>
File: 1391385294706.jpg (212KB, 1680x703px) Image search: [Google]
1391385294706.jpg
212KB, 1680x703px
>>87479020
>the Russo brothers are such shit directors when it comes to visuals

People still talk about the fight scenes in TWS being a step above everything else.

The opening, the batroc duel, the elevator fight, the highway sequence, it's all gold.

Th final fight is a a bit lame by comparison but it's tied up by the emotional arc.
>>
>>87483217
>>LE HOT TOPIC meme

a proper response to YOU ONLY LIKE IT TO BE CONTRARIAN
>>
No, he was just a cheeky kunt.
>>
>>87483308
With emotional """"""""""""""""""""""""range"""""""""""""""""""""""" of Mads Mikkelsen you could never tell.
>>
>>87476264
Not grandiose enough to be Doom.
>>
>>87483521
Too creepy for Doom too.
>>
C'mon mate, Strange is a pretty absurd surname too. We're just used to it.
I'd have just as hard a time buying that someone was actually called Dr. Strange as they were Mr. Doctor.
>>
Why are MCU villains so forgettable?
>>
>>87480820
>ut his story was entirely believable. He lost someone, became obsessed with defeating death, then got pissed when he discovered the Ancient One's sort-of hypocrisy about the Dark Dimension. He didn't have a personal connection to Strange, he had no reason to even bother talking to him at all. But he was an excellent way to show how dangerous magic can be in the wrong hands and that the Ancient One isn't perfect.

That's one thing I like about Phase 3 so far. The villains are people with normal feelings to an extreme, and the heroes aren't always spotless.
>>
>>87476201
I enjoyed the movie and there was a lot I liked about it but it was just too Marvel
>>
>>87476390
Suicide squad literally had two different versions competing before they were combined for the final shitfest.

The higher-ups were concerned that the darker direction the director was taking the movie wouldn't jive with audiences as well as the pop-y trailer did. So they hired the company who made the trailer, a company that just makes trailers for movies, to make a recut of the movie to push it in the "fun" direction that the executives said tested with audiences well.
>>
>>87476201
He responded to it questioningly " Mr doctor?" and then Strange appeared to confirm it. It's not like Strange is a normal surname either. You're inability to comprehend these simple social cues leads me to suggest that it is in fact you who is the one displaying signs of autism.
>>
>>87483734
I think the big difference between the MCU and DC is that while they both obviously have a lot of executive meddling, the executives at Marvel are shockingly good at it while the DC executives are as incompetent as one would expect.
Which is not to suggest that the MCU films might not be better if they had less meddling, but that they are unusually good considering how obvious the meddling is.
>>
>>87476390
But he was a great villian.

Hell tell me part of you wasn't sort of convinced by his speech
>>
File: giant dormammu everywhere.png (2MB, 714x1374px) Image search: [Google]
giant dormammu everywhere.png
2MB, 714x1374px
>>87482477
No they didn't. He's still a glowy prune head like the classics, but less fiery and more like smoky light show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0_YzEwpohw

If anything he looks like a cosmic version of his classic appearances.
>>
>>87484534
Also forgot to mention, he does have a body, but it's not clearly visible due to the sheer size his being. You can see his shoulders/arms moving around when he gets pissy in that clip.
>>
>>87476201
There was and is real niggas with Christmas as their last name.
>>
>>87476201

>Was it autism

Yes, you probably are autistic since you didn't understand he was joking in that scene.
>>
>>87478902
So far only Loki's a survivor.
>>
>>87485197
Zemo too
>>
>>87484773
>Your last name will never be Manslaughter
>>
>>87485242

and every year they tease at abominations return. Ross came back....so its possible.
>>
>>87485197
>Abomination
>Loki
>Zemo
>Armin Zola
>Justin Hammer
>Trevor
>Random HYDRA loons
and if God loves me
>Ultron
>Yellowjacket
>>
>>87485197
>>87485242
Dormammu isn't really dead though I'm not sure if they'll use him again or not.
>>
>>87485421
Dormammu didn't die at all, he was forced into a retreat. Now, Mads and his goons are still technicaly alive too right? They're just gonna be in for a bad time
>not using Dormammu again
lol
>>
File: 1468792349244.jpg (202KB, 860x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468792349244.jpg
202KB, 860x960px
>>87483068
crime magic and shady past, I dont have to explain shit
>>
>>87479047
What do you enjoy?

I heard VHS was good, haven't seen it myself yet though.
>>
>>87485467
Yeah that's what I mean
>not using Dormammu again
I can see them saving him up for a third film, with the second one focusing on Mordo pairing up with another big villain.
>>
>>87485564
I mentioned this in another thread, but could you see Mordo coming back with Dormammu in a third film? Like, he was booty blasted because people were using magic and it had consequences, and when he left he kept on repeating to Strange that what he did that day would have consequences. Maybe after what happened in this movie, and whatever Strange does in his next movie/ IW, Mordo decides to take him on for his loose use of magic, seeing himself allied with Dormammu as like, proof of what he was saying? Like its some poetry thing
>>
>>87480820
>Yeah, that happens when most of the movie has to be an origin story, combined with introducing magic to the MCU

I mostly think you have a point here, but its still a terrible waste of Mads Mikkelsen
>>
>>87485418

I hope yellow jacket is dead. There's just no way a guy being crunched in such a horrific manner would survive. I don't buy the quantum realm survival theory because of what bad shape he'd be in when he arrives.

Ultron would be nice. He should not be a villain that really "dies" not as long as technology is still being used.
>>
>>87485655
The only thing that might work against that is if they take Mordo in a different direction that would make it hard to turn him into Dormammu's natural ally. That said, given how much they tend to team up in the comics and other media, it wouldn't surprise me if they use exactly that as part of Mordo's character development in the second film (teaming up with Dormammu I mean).
>>
>>87485562
Starry Eyes was a pleasant surprise but maybe that's because at this point my standards are pretty low. Perfect Blue was pretty good.
Most horror movies I like are either Lynch's or made before 2000.
>>
>>87485704
Exactly, I don't buy his death, though they're not likely to bring him back as a main antagonist I think. I don't remember, did Ultron make an attempt to upload himself into the Vison body? Could be that he put in the same "If I'm dead, bring me back" failsafe into his creations like he did in 616
>>
>>87485704
Yeah all he would have had to do is put one drone somewhere in the middle of nowhere before the final confrontation
>>
>>87484534
>No they didn't. He's still a glowy prune head like the classics,

>If anything he looks like a cosmic version of his classic appearances.

I wasnt just talking about his appearance, the way Dormammu was being described was very much similar to the description of Galactus

>Devour of worlds, his hunger is endless etc
>>
>>87486293
Ah my bad, you're right in that regard then.
>>
>>87486399

I am surprised nooone picked up on this much. I was expecting /co/ talking about how Marvel settled on a Galactus proxy
>>
>>87483243
Is this the best shot in the MCU?
>>
>>87478997
At the cost of Batman and his allies being boring as shit.
>>
>>87487148
Is there a cape movie where the heroes and the villains are both good?
I can only think of Dredd at the moment.
>>
>>87476201
Yes. And I legit believe that your name is "Mr. Anon"
>>
>>87483243
>TONY HELP ME
>>
>>87485994

Ultron did partially load into Vision. It'd be interesting if after or during Infinity War, Vision loses the mind stone, becomes brain dead, comes back and then betrays the avengers cause it was really ultron.
>>
>>87487173
Super.
>>
>>87480280
Pierce was amazing though
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.