[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't marvel do Thor like this? Honestly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

Why can't marvel do Thor like this? Honestly?
>>
>>87467783
>Why can't marvel do Thor like this? Honestly?
Looks like we found who writes the headlines over at Buzzfeed.
>>
This scene specifically made me cringe so goddamn bad when I saw it. They're trying way too hard to make him this badass rebel. Also, Hemsworth and this dude have the same level of acting ability, so they're pretty much interchangeable.
>>
>>87467783
But you don't know if it's good yet. That scene is cool I guess but you don't know about Aquaman's personality as a whole. Make this thread when JL comes out please.
>>
something something toxic masculinity something triggered something something rape culture
>>
>>87467882
>trying too hard
Since when has "trying" been a negative? What sort of meme logic is this?
>>
>>87467783
They want to make Thor likeable not a compilation of "what people think is badass!" clichès because they have to overcompensate
>>
>>87468024
Your autism is showing.
>>
File: kbcnzuswsnxst7ef9s8j.png (2MB, 800x1229px) Image search: [Google]
kbcnzuswsnxst7ef9s8j.png
2MB, 800x1229px
>>87467783
>Why can't marvel do Thor like this? Honestly?
There's a reason new Thor looks like Aquaman.
>>
>>87468003
>That scene is cool
lol
It's directed by james wan, who barely even wants to do it, and makes extremely generic safe predictable horror movies, and this dude is playing aquaman, who can not act, and only knows how to portray one type of character. The fact that you think this is a cool scene, means it's doing it's job in courting the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>87468058
Not an argument. Substantiate your point or you lose.
>>
Do we know anything about the Aquaman movie?

Hopefully it's New 52.
>>
I think the scene is kinda trying way too hard myself.

I have high hopes for Wan's solo Aquaman movie though.
>>
>>87468089
He's not arguing with you, he's insulting you.

I don't think he cares if he 'loses' an argument on 4chan to some anon anyway.
>>
>>87467882
>cringe so goddamn bad
Hello, reddit.
>>
>>87468142
>He's not arguing with you, he's insulting you.
Yeah, I know that and I called him out on it. The "point" I was talking about was his original point. "Trying to hard so it sucks lol"
>>
>>87468070
How is The Conjuring generic? It's a horror movie with an absence of gore, as well as a plot that attempts to make the viewer actually care about the characters, combined with a level of unironic religiosity that in this day and age I quite frankly found shocking.
>>
>>87468160
Hey, tumblr.
>>
>>87468070
Looks like someone's a scared beta male. "N-no things can't be cool! I'm so mature I only like sophiscated things like quips..."
>>
>>87468173
So you admit you're autistic?
>>
hold back my marvel brothers
let them have this
all they have is the high hopes they receive from trailers
they still haven't learned that it only makes the fall so much worse
>>
I felt threatened by Aquaman in that trailer. The whole character exhumed this toxic masculinity.
>>
>>87468244
>damn he was so badass XD
>>
>all those buttdead mouseketeers making anti-DC threads by the dozen
What a great time to be a DC fan.
>>
>>87468222
>hold back my marvel brothers

Marvel fans really are this autistic.
>>
File: image.jpg (393KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393KB, 1000x1537px
You will never see a true badass Norse god Thor on screen and have to settle for Hemsworth watered down garbage
>>
>>87468207
It's the other way around, cuck.
Only beta males would find this pathetic display of "masculinity" cool, since it's something they lack.
>>
>>87468250
>implying that's a bad thing
>NO FUN ALLOWED
>e-except quips...
>>
>>87468106
Doesn't look anything like it so far.

I feel like they've sort of switched the characters around with Arthur and Mera. While Arthur is a bit of a hardass at times, he's the more calm and forgiving of the two, while Mera is the actual edgy one with a trigger temper. In the movies Aquaman is played by Momoa, known only for playing stereotypical crazy barbarians, while Mera is played by Amber Heard, who is this generation's quintessential waif.
>>
>>87468259
The best part is that their posts are actually better fun than the movies. That's why there's no need to watch MCU.
>>
>>87468264
I'm just waiting for them to reboot it properly hopefully in 10 or 15 years. Hopefully with decent actors this time, with people who actually give a fuck about the character. Come to think of it, in that way, Thor is kind of the MCU's version of Superman. Just wasted potential.
>>
>>87468273
Nah, you're just triggered by any masculinity in media. Go watch SU, since that's more your type of media.
>>
>>87468222
we gotta have hope, we can't give up hope on the DCmu, there are too many good stories to tell. It takes one miracle child to change everything, this could be the one that brings DC back to the forefront.
>>
>>87468173
Yeah, but what I'm saying is calling him out on it doesn't matter because he doesn't think it's an argument either.

He just wants to insult you.
>>
What i took from that scene is that Aquaman was conflicted and depressed. You don't down a bottle of Jack Daniels when things are peachy.

They'll probably explore the human/atlantean conflict which is big for Aquaman.
>>
>>87467783
>we live in an era where Aquamoa is a better Thor and Valiant Armstrong a better Hercules
Oh well, Marvel can always boast that they've been influential.
>>
>>87468250
Agreed. Almost as badass as the band Slayer or maybe even the Punisher comics.
>>
>>87468330
>You don't down a bottle of Jack Daniels when things are peachy.
That's what makes it cringy to watch, he didn't even finish it. It was half full when he threw it on the ground. They're trying waaay too hard to make him look badass and its coming across as shallow and laughable.
>>
>>87468259
its okay, anon. im going to let you have that one as well.

when your top 2 heroes film bombs it must really hurt
i cant imagine since even bottom tier characters from marvel are having superior movies
man

suicide squad was supposed to save dc
im so sorry you guys

ill let you have whatever shots you want to take
>>
>>87467783
Marvel movies are family movies while DC movies are for edgy teenagers like you OP
>>
>>87468361

>That's what makes it cringy to watch, he didn't even finish it. It was half full when he threw it on the ground.

Probably because he was depressed and angry, hmm?
>>
>>87468365
>bombs

lol
Buddy the first 3 DC films annihilated the first 3 Marvel films in cash and quality. Only thing it didn't get was critic upvote which nobody cares about. You're just mad your company didn't come up with this strategy.
>>
>>87468361
kek i'm surprised he didn't have an explosion behind him that he could away from without looking at. LMAO what a joke.
>>
>the fanbase most known for whining about "normies" for not liking their fictional character
>acting as if they know anything about being alpha males
>>
>>87467783

>glares at bruce wayne
>grabs bruce and tosses him against a wall
>glares some more
>drinks alcohol straight from the bottle and smashes it
>stands in front of a crashing wave
>OMG WHAT A BADASS WHY CAN'T THOR BE LIKE THIS

Easy to please folks like are the reason studio execs don't care if their movies are complete shit.
>>
>>87468062
Lol shut up faggot
>>
>>87468381
And just how do you know he's depressed, hmm? Obviously he's going to be angry, because thats the only type of emotion Mamoa knows how to show. It's like people defending Gadots scenes by saying "she's a foreigner, she's never seen a bullet before!", when it's just blatant bad acting.
>>
>>87468413
>comparing an incredible hulk film with a batman and superman one
how far dcucks have fallen. it's just sad to see at this point
>>
>>87468427
I honestly half expected that. With him walking away towards the camera in slow motion with a scowl on his face.
>>
>>87468413
its okay anon you can have that
its unfortunate that cape film fatigue came around soon after the DC movies

everyone had high hopes and didnt want to believe the critics so they opened their wallets and hearts and well....

im so sad they let those wishful people down

i hope they find comfort in what marvel is doing: never letting people down
>>
>>87468024
>Since when has "trying" been a negative?

Since Marvel stopped trying.
>>
>>87468032
>They want to make Thor likeable

Shame it didn't work.
>>
>>87468461
Shouldn't have done it that way if you wanted money. Jealous much?

>>87468487
And this guy is jealous about the quality aspect. You Marvel fans are hilarious.
>>
>>87468520
It worked with tween girls.
>>
>>87467783

Have him chug dat jack yo
>>
>>87468024
>>87468173

To help you understand, here's an example of someone trying too hard to look pretty: massive fake eyelashes, thick layer of makeup, orange spray tanned skin, huge fake lips and tits, et cetera et cetera, All those things were done with the simple goal of trying to look better, but when you overdo it, it ends up looking goofy and exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness.

Now apply the same logic to "trying way too hard to make him this badass rebel".

If you want to make a character believably badass, you can't overdo it to the point that the audience can see right through it.
>>
>>87468361
>I'm an expert in being depressed an drunk
Yeah, we noticed.
>>
>>87468550
hi movieslob
>>
File: 1476224890684.gif (2MB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476224890684.gif
2MB, 360x200px
>>87467783
epic thread
>>
>>87467783
While he has strict boundaries and can really put his foot down when he so feels like it.
Thor is generally friendly, with an observing and helpful demeanour.
He isn't a passive aggressive cunt. He'll gladly chug down his beverages, but he won't act like an ass doing it. Even if he could act like a fool doing it depending on things.
>>
>>87468264
Not going to happen when MCU is limited to PG13.
>>
>>87468197
>Hey, tumblr.

Comeback I would expect of reddit.
>>
>>87467882
I think the idea behind showing him drinking is to show that he is aimless and without purpose.
>>
>>87467783
Make him pale and you got a Lobo
>>
>>87468413
>in cash
Of course, if you compare three movies about B listers to a superman, pseudo jsutice league and batman villains movie its obvious the latter will fare better than the former
>quality
Ironman its more entertaining than the first DCEU movies, Ironman 2 and Thor have the same quality as the 3 DC movies though
>>
File: baleebing.webm (1MB, 860x720px) Image search: [Google]
baleebing.webm
1MB, 860x720px
is that Roman Reigns?
>>
>>87473313
ROMAN
REIGNS
THE GUY WITH
THE WETTEST HAIR
>>
>>87467783
That's not PG
>>
>>87473290
>if you compare three movies about B listers to a superman, pseudo jsutice league and batman villains movie its obvious the latter will fare better than the former
Jealous that Marvel didn't come up with that strategy.

>Ironman its more entertaining than the first DCEU movies
Nope.
>Ironman 2 and Thor have the same quality as the 3 DC movies though
DEFINITELY nope. DCEU annihilated the entire MCU in terms of quality.
>>
>>87475549
>no, no and no!!!
Top tier arguments there.
>>
>>87467783

Because Thor is a good guy.

This Aquaman isn't a good guy. And he isn't a bad guy, either. He's THE guy.
>>
>>87475549

>DCEU annihilated the entire MCU in terms of quality.

The Rotten Tomatoes scores say otherwise.
>>
>>87475708
Yeah against such arguments as "iron man gud DC bad"
Doesn't take much to counter that.
>>
>>87475771
>RT ever mattering
>>
>>87467783
>"WHOA bro, did you see aquaman DRINKING BOOZE this definitely is not my dad's aquaman, this one is COOL, so cool he has long hair and a beard, BLONDE? orange armor, fuck that thats not cool have him chug booze!"

fucking faggots
>>
>>87476171
t. manlet numale cuck
>>
>>87467783
Thor was for selling the MCU to women. It worked.

This is for selling the DCEU to men. Guess what kind.
>>
>>87476412
Bitches love Momoa, dude. Don't worry, they have this covered.
>>
>>87472185

>Comeback I would expect of reddit.

It is like I am watching someone reblog right now.
>>
>>87476729
Do they though? He played a small role in one season of GoT, and he's done fuck all besides that. It's not like he's renowned for acting.
>>
>>87476899
Yes really. You can try a search on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. It's all over social media.
>>
>>87478515
Actually, just for example there's this link.

http://www.eonline.com/news/627658/26-people-who-would-totally-bang-aquaman-now

And there's a lot more where that came from. There's too many examples to pull from really.
>>
>>87473386

Lose some damn weight
>>
>>87476171

>this casual who doesn't know how cool 90s aquaman is
>>
>>87478633
90s aquaman was great and awesome. The JLU aquaman is my favorite animated depiction of him. This, in the op, is not that.
>>
>>87468625

But, but that makes sense.
>>
>>87468024
Trying is wrong. Caring is wrong. I feel so shitty because I get caught up in it too, I remember in high school we would make fun of other kids for being "tryhards" when all they would do is try to succeed.

DCEU has been total shit and JL probably won't be any better, but trying too hard should never be an insult.
>>
>>87473313
I am actually very angry that Kevin Owens hasn't asked him if he liked being in Justice League yet.
>>
>>87468024
>Since when has "trying" been a negative?
A master will practice and practice and practice until when they do try, it seems effortless. They make it look easy. With what DC is doing, it's like you can see them physically straining and exerting themselves to try to make you have a certain perception of the character. Ironically, it's not that they're actually trying too hard, it's that they haven't tried enough, and are doing it poorly.
>>
>>87467783
Thor has learned to sip his beer like a civilized person! Especially if the glass magically refills itself.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.