[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The Batman" (2018) script a mess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 21

>“I was having dinner with a couple of executives who know other executives who are working on the [forthcoming] Batman movie, The Batman,” Ellis tells me. “And they were just telling me that there are serious problems with the script. And that the executives I was having dinner with were complaining about people who work on the Batman movie. And they just said they went to the studio and they said, ‘Look, the script is … Here’s 30 things that are wrong with it that we can fix.’ And [the executives] said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script.’ So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously.”

Things aren't looking good.

https://theringer.com/movie-industry-shifts-peak-tv-arrival-moonlight-f0a5ddd85384#.
>>
Hold up...THE Batman?
>>
File: Professor_Pyg_0003.jpg (112KB, 714x668px) Image search: [Google]
Professor_Pyg_0003.jpg
112KB, 714x668px
>>87467255
Interesting!
>>
>>87467255
>“I was having dinner with a couple of executives who know other executives who are working on the [forthcoming] Batman movie

So it's a rumor.
Big whop, wanna fight about it?
>>
Well, shit...
>>
I lost all faith when they chose Johns as a consultat anyway

He isn't the best expert about Batman stuff to be honest
>>
>>87467431
>So it's a rumor.

That quote is from Bret Easton Ellis
>>
death stroke aka Slade is a titans villain. he has no part being in a batman movie. The DCEU should roll out a Teen titans movie after there justice league slate.
>>
Wow what a shock, executives are retards. And water is wet. And cum has cum in it.
>>
>>87467255
Why do the jews hate DC so much that they spend all this time spreading malicious rumors?

Sage.
>>
>>87467507
And later in that article:

>In lieu of a sophisticated superhero movie, Ellis laments the lack of innovative filmmakers working the limits of the studio dollar, pushing for bigger and more personal visions.

>“There will not be another Coppola,” Ellis says. “There will not be another Spielberg. There will not be another Scorsese. There will not be another Altman. Because the melding of that kind of artistic mind with a cultural experience, which was going to the movies and watching a large-scale film on a giant screen that’s not IMAX that isn’t a Marvel movie, is over. It’s shifted to television, and that basically now what we’re going to get on television, is someone trying to recapture the glory of 20th-century cinema on TV.”
>>
>>87467471
More importantly he's also a fucking idiot that couldn't write his way out of a paper bag.
>>
>>87467578

he isnt wrong

but there will probably be a capeshit backlash at some point
>>
File: 1446834939702.webm (3MB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
1446834939702.webm
3MB, 640x272px
>>87467532
They probably just played Arkham Origins and took inspiration from that.
>>
The studio doesn't care if the movie tells a coherent, cohesive narrative. It's going to make a shitload of money, domestic and international, no matter how awful it is - and it's all because of the IP.

God, I hate modern filmmaking bullshittery like this.
>>
>>87467578

Dude's right. The last major "personal" filmmaker is arguably Tarantino, and he's stopping after two more films (not that I blame him).
>>
File: neeeerd.png (303KB, 336x362px) Image search: [Google]
neeeerd.png
303KB, 336x362px
>a DCEU movie is a fucking mess
You don't need insider rumors to tell us that, pal.
>>
>>87467734
What about Del Toro?
>>
Are we ever going to get a DCEU production news story that isn't "SHIT'S FUCKED"

>And [the executives] said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care.
I 100% believe this story
>>
>>87467578
Well that's probably true

>>87467617
People have been saying this since the Avengers.

I'll believe a cape film backlash is happening when the environment around them forces me to think as such
>>
>>87467686
>The studio doesn't care if the movie tells a coherent, cohesive narrative. It's going to make a shitload of money, domestic and international, no matter how awful it is - and it's all because of the IP.
Sounds like the DCEU production process in a nutshell to be honest.

"We don't need to care about the property, it will sell on name alone!"
>>
Bret Easton Ellis names Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice one of the best films of 2016 so far
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/bret-easton-ellis-names-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-one-of-the-best-2016-films-so-far-a7011041.html
>>
File: 1466443706054.png (139KB, 245x302px)
1466443706054.png
139KB, 245x302px
>>87467255
>I head from by ex girlfriend's cousins best friend's roommate's aunt's great grandmother's crossing guard that the Batman movie is going to be bad!!
>>
>>87467927

Marvel arguably runs on that to a broader extent with the Marvel Studios label. Any MS film is all but guaranteed to be at least watchable.

But yeah, DC/WB doesn't give a shit if the movie is good so long as it makes shitloads of money.

>>87467864

Oh yeah. But seriously, there isn't gonna be another "personal" filmmaker unless the studio implodes upon itself. Much like AAA games, $200 million films on a regular basis can't be sustained.
>>
>>87467982
It's not that bad but yeah.
He heard from executives talking shit about other executives. And who knows how much they know about the movie, when it was said, what's changed?
>>
>>87467255
This sounds so fucking fake. It sounds like a Donald Trump speech.
>>
>>87467255
DC is doing well in the comics department but mediocre everywhere else (apart from the tv shows a bit), especially the movies.

Marvel is doing well in the movies but mediocre everywhere else, especially the comics.
>>
>>87468162
marvel tv shows aren't bad either desu
>>
>>87467267
The vigilante?
>>
you all need to realise that what this dude is saying is probably true, they dont care about quality they care about money, which is why they cut MoS and BvS so poorly before releasing to the market.
>>
>>87467507
literally who?
>>
>>87468162
DC games aren't bad either. Although they've put them on the back burner seemingly.
>>
>>87468414
Author of American Psycho, among other things. Not surprised he would like BVS.
>>
>>87467255
Man this is hilarious. How obvious does the shilling have to get? Is the script for this movie even finished? Who are these so-called "executives"? His right hand and his left?
>>
>>87468478
its thanks to executives that bvs got cut and sqaud ended up 2/3rds an entirely different film, i doubt this dude is lying
>>
>>87468414
>literally who?

You need to be 18+ to post on 4chan
>>
>>87468512
But that would contradict the "we don't care" quote. If they actually didn't care they would have let Snyder do the 3-hour cut and wouldn't have asked Ayer to cut those Joker scenes and change the tone slightly (if that did indeed happen).
>>
>>87467255
>>87467686
I don't understand. Isn't Affleck writing the script himself? What's this talk about "the studio"?
>>
>>87467532
I have no faith in the DCEU to make a good Titans movie.
>>
>>87467431
All the rumors about BVS and SS in regard to the studio and how much of a mess those movies will was more or less true.
>>
>>87468619
It's a meme. Didn't he say he would write it after being done with JL?
>>
>>87468593
It's more like "we don't care until it starts looking like it could have us lose money"
>>
>>87467255
>all these tryhard pretenders trying to be the next Faraci
well, it is good fuel for marveldrones to shitpost
>>
>>87468707
Wouldn't having a bad script lose money? How is "but lots of people won't hear it in English" a counter argument? Is it literally just dialogue that they don't like? It all just seems a little fishy to me.
>>
>>87468900
>How is "but lots of people won't hear it in English" a counter argument?
It's like how people say to people who watch their anime subtitled, "You only like subs because you can't understand what they're saying" except in reverse
>>
>>87467255
>‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script.’

There are people who unironically believe that the movies made by people who think like this are not only acceptable but exceptional in fact.

I am so glad I've already given up on the DCEU. This is fucking shameful.
>>
>People will still defend it as being "deep" and "artistic" unlike Marvel Movies.
>>
File: Lisa_Tattletale.png (3MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa_Tattletale.png
3MB, 1500x1500px
>>87467617
>>87467906
I think the genre just needs for something to come along and do it better. Deadpool set a good example others are trying to copy.
We are in dire need of a truly bleak atmosphere, for example. Copying comics that never get dark enough, or are too edgy when they do, won't suffice. There's very few big comics that dodge tropes correctly and manage to be original.
Worm really comes to mind as something that could change the setting up if it ever became a visual media, but that's because I'm biased and don't really know much about the cape setting outside of Marvel, DC and this one cape-novel.
But basically, its when more people try and dare the status quo that new eras arrive.
>>
>>87468969
Marvel fan here MoS and BvS made me give up Marvel and the MCU sucks! I can't believe I ever liked that garbage! Had to tear down my poster of Iron Man and put one up of Zack Snyder. He's the real hero here. So glad I gave up on the MCU.
>>
>>87468997
>people, especially on /co/, defending a Batman movie

the Burton's movies are the only ones that aren't straight out hated
>>
>it's a "DCfans stick their head in the ground and pretend things are fine" episode
>>
Okay.

Now.

If you were writing a Batman movie, what would you make it about?
>>
>>87468999
>We are in dire need of a truly bleak atmosphere, for example.
Logan
>>
>>87469012
Jesus, this is Damifag tier faggotry
>>
>>87469073
the dark knight returns
>>
>>87468999
Watchmen came out in 2009.
>>
>>87469076
I have high expectations for that one, yes. But mainly because I have a hug dudebro boner for Hugh Jackman

>>87469193
Yeah, nobody watched that. Also the movie wasn't good
>>
>>87469073
Deathstroke breaks out all of the criminals from Arkham and Blackgate. Nightwing comes on and tells Batman "I'm here to help, but I doubt you'll let me." Batman responds "Actually I could use all the help I can get. In fact, I would have called the rest of the League if they weren't busy on their own missions."

Batman and Alfred make special suits and gadgets to take down each specific threat, Nightwing helps too. They take them out in cool ways.

Mid-credits scene you see Lex angrily revealing a power suit saying "I'm coming for you, Man of Steel!"
>>
>>87467255
>Snyder's wife (producer) lets him have his way directing BvS
>Execs get scared after initial screenings and start trying to put their hands all over the movie
>Execs + Snyder fuck up BvS (Theatrical Version vs. Extended Cut)
>Backlash from BvS makes execs start trying to meddle in SS, making it more "Marvel-esque"
>Execs meddling fucks up SS to the point where the final cut is nothing like the initial trailer. (I'm a DCEU fanboy. I loved BvS for its potential and the fact that it tried to be different from the superhero movies we've grown to expect. I still wish it was more muh Superman and muh Batman. I hated SS)
>Constant rumors of trouble surrounding WW (director leaving and being replaced)
>The Flash movie has been through 2 directors and it hasn't even begun filming yet
>Execs seem to think there is a simple fix for every situation.(They kept Snyder on a long leash on BvS; so they shortened Ayer's leash and gave Rick Famuyiwa so little control over his project he left)
>Execs still think they know what makes a good movie and think they know how to use these characters
>Execs decide that the movies don't even have to be good
>Execs still tell themselves that they are doing a great job (this is the worst part)
I haven't heard a single good thing about WB execs, especially when it comes to the DCEU. How did these people get these jobs? What makes them think that they should have any creative input or any authority besides ok'ing budgets and projects?
>>
>>87469278

>Mid-credits scene you see Lex angrily revealing a power suit saying "I'm coming for you, Man of Steel!"

FUCKING CRINGE!
>>
>>87467255
>unnamed source

So just another made up bullshit like with BvS, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. Mouseketeers are gettin really desperate.
>>
>>87469376
Yeah, it's in tune with his character.
>>
>>87469298
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>87469507
> WW is gonna be good
>>
>>87469298
Actually the executive meddling technically started before that with the "meh" reaction to MoS leading to MoS2 getting pushed way way back in favor of immediately getting Batman in.

So we never got a proper post-Superman's beginnings movie before he "dies" and now Batman is the frontrunner of the DCEU.
>>
>>87467255

A friend of a friend saying a script is bad makes me not believe this story. Also it's the execs point of view which is almost always wrong. I trust Ben and Geoff more than some out of touch exec who knows shit all about comic books.
>>
>>87469651
this is DCEU we are talking about. their track record isnt exactly bronze if even
>>
>>87468162

DC: Meh at movies, good at comics, decent at games, great at cartoons and alright at live action tv.

Marvel: Successful at movies, bad at comics, okay at games, mostly awful at cartoons and generally good at live action tv.

Not really too different.
>>
>>87469651
>>87469678
Track record beyond gold. BvS was the greatest movie of all time, so it's pretty hard to top that.
>>
>>87468354

I agree with you. The execs see things primarily as money makers. They aren't story people or people who care about comic books like Ben or Geoff. His notes are probably more humor, more action, more blacks, more women etc shit like that. I doubt this rumor is actually true though. It seems so he said, she said.
>>
Bret Easton Ellis is nearly Joyce Carol Oates level of delusional as anyone with a twitter account can verify.

And no, he's a terrible writer as well. The American Psycho novel is complete fucking trash and he should be so lucky that Mary Harron fixed his shitty book.
>>
>>87468593

I don't think it contradicts much. With Batman being in a title of a movie it's a license to print money. With a flick like Suicide Squad comprised of mostly c and d listers, they start tightening the reins and hiring their own editors which probably ruined the movie but whatever.
>>
>>87468635

Weirdly enough Titans are almost a listers since 30 somethings watched the original cartoon and babies are watching the new one now. Doing the classic line up and making Deathstroke the badguy with a few Batman cameos would make WB bank. I'm surprised DC went with Suicide Squad first since no one gives a shit about that team in real life while Teen Titans are almost normie tier. Pretty strange.
>>
>>87468969

It's a business. Marvel movies are paint by numbers and all have the same tone, lack of interesting villains and stories but are successful because they stick to the Iron Man formula which has proven financially successful.

WB has always pumped out Batman movies and they always make money. If there is one character in the DC universe that doesn't need micromanagment or execs giving a shit it's Batman.

This isn't a Legion of Superheroes or Seven Soldiers movie that requires alot of explaining, d listers and characterization. It's Batman, Execs now it'll make a gorillion dollars just from having Batman in the title. It doesn't matter. I don't believe the script is bad because that seems like a dumb rumor because Ben and Geoff are good at what they do. You should be glad Goyer and Snyder having nothing to do with a DC movie for once.
>>
>>87469707
Rotten tomato says otherwise but youre entitled to your opinion
>>
>>87468997

DC tries to be deep and artistic and fucks it up. Overall has dark tones and aren't really safe or even normal linear movies. Hires expensive arty directors who get pissed off and want to do their own thing. Often more edgy than the norm.

Marvel has a formula for a light hearted action comedy movie invented by Iron Man 1 and don't try to be anything else. Every movie is linear and very light on villain, story telling and heavy on jokes. Hires cheap tv directors that are easy for the studio to manipulate.
>>
>>87469942
>DC tries to be deep and artistic
You mean Snyder

SS wasn't deep and artistic at all. Of course, it was also hacked up garbage but that's a separate problem
>>
>>87467507
and you believe him?
>>
>>87469073
killer moth is the main antagonist, does lots of moth stuff

KGBeast vs batman fight where beast is drunk on quality russian vodka

80's Magpie wanders around in fishnets a lot and shows off her fat ass a lot

kite man cameo
>>
>>87469678

Eh.

Marvel started with Iron Man 1, The Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor

DC starts with MOS, BvS and SS leading into WW.

I don't see much of a difference in quality. I think all of these movies were 5 or 6s/10 except WW not out yet.
>>
>>87469249
it was very good freind
>>
>>87469628
True, because screw trying to do Superman right. Just throw in Batman. It's ironic that the execs rely on the IP to rake in the money for them, but don't get these characters enough to know what makes them tick.
>>
This is true. I know this guy, who knows this guy, who knows a guy, who knows this guy's cousin who knows Snyder's nanny and she says its true.
>>
>>87469980

2/3 movies have been Synder so yes. Ayer is an artistic director and there were a few shots and interesting themes of the government being kind of fucked up in DC needing to hire mass murder types but it was muddled by the shallow Guardians of the Galaxy vibe and obvious studio meddling.

I think the biggest problem with DC is editing. If both of Synders movies were 30 minutes shorter and if Ayer was allowed to cut his own movie then I think all 3 DC flicks would have been better received.

I'm hoping Geoff and Ben having more power over the future movies and Synder and Goyer having less is a good move. I want Wonder Woman, Aquamang and Flash to be good. Not really worried about Batman movie because the rumors of the script being shit seem like bs.
>>
>>87467255
Err, foreign languages don't hide plot holes or other script issues, if anything they make them worse.
>>
>>87469992
iron man 1 was actually a good movie
DCEU has yet to have a good movie, and Superman and Batman are huge names. they fucked up bad
>>
>>87469118

Already happened friendo. Can the Miller dick sucking ever stop?
>>
>>87469942
>>87469980
Snyder succeeded in his depth and artistry.
>>
>>87467532
Teen heroes who stay teenagers don't work in live action.
>>
>>87470092
Fuck off, Johns in batman it's a huge mistake
>>
>>87470002
Superman has been fantastic in the DCEU
>>
>>87467255

If I am ever in charge, people who say "We don't really care" in a professional context will be sent to concentration camps.
>>
>>87470200
I guess that's why he's been so divisive, and they had to bring in Batman into the picture for the second movie, because he has been so fantastic...
>>
>>87470128
I just personally feel that someone who succeeded could not have been in charge of a movie called Batman v Superman and it end up doing significantly less than Ice Age 4
>>
>>87467578
Hollywood has been shit for most of its history, having artistically driven directors was an anomaly.
Now creativity is back in the hands of independents and that's fine.
>>
>>87468999

Timeline for good superhero flicks in my opinion was Superman 1979 for making people give a shit about a man who can fly, Batman 1989 for making audiences forget about campy 60s Batman and making him a dark character again. Blade came out in 1998 I believe and gave us a rated R d list superhero movie that was fun to watch. Early 2000s we got Xmen and Spiderman which showed us we could get characters following the comic book storylines and make it work for general audiences. Memorable action, action, music and villains. Several years later we get Nolan Batman trilogy, the second one elevated the genre so much (i'm meh about it) that superhero flicks getting oscars doesn't seem so bizarre anymore. Iron Man 1 comes out and a 4 or 5 movies later Avengers the cash crab begins comes out. Marvel Disney buyout sees a clever formula in Iron Man 1 for a comedy superhero movie that can be replicated. A dozen movies later Marvel Disney is raking in bank with a "shared-universe" franchise. Deadpool rated R comedy that shows superheroes can be dark and funny instead of light and child friendly and recent Xmen movies have come out trying to replicate Deadpool and the Avengers success. DC has begun a shared universe of there own trying to invoke the Dark Knights vibe of Heat and other dark crime movies to mixed reviews.

It's important to remember that this genre has fluctuated in quality and has only gotten extremely popular in the last decade or so. I think we need a seachange for superhero movies. A blend of silver age, comedy, darkness, action, a threatening or believable villain and good acting/gravitas is probably what the genre needs or It'll just be the new western and we'll just get them now and then forever and varying quality.
>>
>>87470320
>It'll just be the new western and we'll just get them now and then forever and varying quality.

I wouldn't mind that if the quality were good. I'm tired of all this mass produced garbage. I do kind of miss when super hero movies were more rare, that made them more of a treat or a spectacle instead of the norm and status quo.
>>
Affleck wins Oscars for writing, and is a Batman fanboy, so of course I believe this bullshit rumor...
>>
>>87469298
Of course Deb lets Zack do whatever, he's carried her career, contrary to popular belief.
>>
>>87470128
>there are people who actually believe this
>>
File: 1452744539994.gif (498KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1452744539994.gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>87470128
>>
>>87469830
How are they almost a-listers?
There's Robin, maybe Cyborg, who else that is almost an a-lister?
>>
File: dick.gif (3MB, 346x231px)
dick.gif
3MB, 346x231px
>>87470870

I'm saying Teen Titans are popular. They could get away with it much easier than a movie like Suicide Squad because young and old like the Teen Titans because they've had two successful cartoons and the leader is Robin who actually is an a lister.
>>
>>87470109
This
>>
>>87467578
Tarantino, Nolan, Eastwood, Spielberg, Shyamalan, Cameron, Bigelow, Fincher, Jackson, Anderson, Lee, Malick, Boyle, Cuaron, Del Toro, Coens, Aranofsky...

All these people get crazy budgets to do as they please with from major studios, and their movies make tons of money. Bret Easton Ellis hasnt done shit since the 80s, and can cry about it to whoever he wants. The Batman may suck but superhero movies arent any bigger threat than disaster movies or alien movies or whatever else the fuck is big during the summer.

Heartbreak Ridge is out today, a personal war movie from a decorated auteur who works outside hollywood, go see it if you want.
>>
>>87469045
But they're awful
>>
>>87467578
There are still a shit ton of movies, people just don't really see them.
>>
Deathstroke is fine in a Batman film. Batman's partner will end up fighting him later. Can't you people just be happy with foreshadowing?
>>
>>87469298
Execs don't understand the movies they have a hand in, it's a well documented phenomenon.

Feige had to essentially hold off higher-ups for years on end for the MCU to actually be good
>>
>>87470925
>get mad because Bruce didn't tell you about Batgirl in the show because he thought it wasn't his place to tell
>get mad at Bruce for telling you about him and Babs instead of waiting for Barbara to tell about their relationship in the comics

Dick was a cunt
>>
>>87470965
>Shyamalan
I wish he hadn't fucked himself over, he can be decent when he doesn't bite off more than he can chew
>>
My uncle is a janitor at WB and he says that OP is full o shit
>>
>>87469073
Mad Hatter and Scarecrow, Riddler post credits.
>>
>>87467578
That's bollocks, he's just not digging out the good stuff. Ooooh successful author becomes blinkered and jaded, stop the fucking press, that's never happened before
>>
>>87467578
He's a bit hyperbolic, but generally I agree. There are still visionary films being made but none of them wide releases or are acknowledged by the general public. He's totally right on Television, budgets and viewing figures are going up and up, and TV/streaming execs are allowing much more creative freedom.

Lots of folks complain about Game of Thrones and whatever, but considering volume of quality TV we're getting I seriously believe this era will be seen as the golden age of television. Or this era won't end, TV screens and sound systems are also getting better and better, which has terrified movie producers for the past decade or so.
>>
>>87467578
I love capeshit movies, but this guy is absolutely correct. Movies are a now made by corporate committee with the dollar sign involved. Disney buying Marvel gave them the financial backing they needed, but it also doomed them creatively.
>>
>>87471161
I agree to this extent, TV is doing really really really well in general. Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon only sink moeny into stuff that is genuinely great so writers actually have to try again.
>>
>>87471168
>Disney buying Marvel gave them the financial backing they needed, but it also doomed them creatively.
Damn nigga, that's a good point. We'll never see the more interesting or out-there stories or arcs adapted because the movies have got to stick to the money-making formula.
>>
>>87470084
Is she hot?
>>
>>87470109
MoS and BvS were masterpieces. Iron Man 1 was mediocre at best.
>>
>>87467326
THICC
>>
>>87471168
The problem with that line of thinking is that the New Hollywood/auteur period only lasted a dozen years if you stretch it, created the modern blockbuster as we know it, largely followed classical filmmaking techniques, and whose rise was primarily the result of economic conditions.
>>
>>87470109
>Batman and Superman are huge names

That's what's dooming them honestly. Those names are too big and no movie will live up to the expectation.
>>
>>87471727
THE NAME'S TOO BIG, MOM!

Then make it small.
>>
>>87471727
Nah, Snyder's just a fucking hack. The characters themselves aren't at fault.
>>
>>87471849
No, you're just too retarded to know good movies. Maybe when you're older.
>>
>>87471551
>MoS and BvS were masterpieces.

BvS was, MoS was only slightly above average.
>>
File: 1475953668779.jpg (329KB, 1200x800px)
1475953668779.jpg
329KB, 1200x800px
>>87469073
I certainly wouldn't make an adaptation of Hush/ have Batman's entire rogue's gallery show up like Ben Affleck is rumored to be doing
>>
>>87467578
Nah after these cuck executives die and film moves out of the theatre there will be more. And I'd argue Alex Garland is that level of talent. 28 Days Later and Ex machina are completely brilliant.
>>
>>87469073
I'd adapt Gothic
>>
>>87470925
Honestly they'd just need big actors, though probably easier to get the SS guys they used across than TT
>>
id do a riddler story. something that takes place over the course of one night all at an opera.
>>
>>87471968
>BvS was
>>
>>87471929
>Mature movies for mature people such as myself
kys
>>
>>87472054
What's the pic supposed to prove?
>>
>>87469073
Court of Owls, focus on detective work.
Hire Casey Affleck and let him be Thomas Wayne Jr.
>>
>>87472113
the anon was, if you read the filename, referencing the inconsistency in the film that Bruce didnt seem to care about or even have register that Clark had parents who love and care for him until he heard Martha's name I believe.
>>
>>87469073
Make it about the world's greatest detective and not about a macho business man having a mid-life crisis.
>>
>>87472182
It was more the fact that she was gonna die.
>>
>>87472207
no i understand, i was just trying to get what the anon meant across. i personally was fine with it.
>>
>>87471161
Television is still trash, it's just trash with continuity in a pretty package.
>>
>>87471929
What makes you think these movies are so good?
>>
>>87467255
>“I was having dinner with a couple of executives who know other executives who are working on the [forthcoming] Batman movie, The Batman,”
So he's at dinner with some executives who know other executives who're working on the movie.
>the executives I was having dinner with were complaining about people who work on the Batman movie. And they just said they went to the studio
So the executives he's at dinner with (who aren't working on the movie) went to the studio?

Can someone make fucking sense of this for me please. Was it the executives he was having dinner with that don't care about the problems or did the people he's having dinner with know other executives that said they don't care.
>>
>>87471168
Reminder that Disney launched Tarantino's career
>>
>>87472207
No it was that her name was Martha. Bruce knew about Superman's parents and didn't care about them at all.
>>
>>87472288
Characters, plot, dialogue, visuals, music, themes, etc. were all really good.
>>
>>87472329
The only way the scene makes sense is if Batman is referencing Jor-El and Lara. Even then, hinging the entire scene on Martha was completely stupid.
>>
>>87472182
>>87472207
>>87472329
1) Batman made a remark about Superman's alien parents
2) Superman is shown to have human parents, one of whom is named Martha
3) Batman realizes his mistake when he's brought back down to earth, so to speak.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>87472481
>Even then, hinging the entire scene on Martha was completely stupid.
How? It was a great scene. If you don't think Batman would react that way then you don't get Batman.
>>
>>87472514
>It was a great scene.
It was beyond fucking stupid. The entire central premise of the movie is resolved because of one fucking word and Batman's personality and outlook completely fucking change. It's the sort of shit a 12 year old would write.
>then you don't get Batman
A cold blooded killer Batman that loves using guns, but say his trigger word and everything is absolved and his personality is now completely different.

If you actually think BvS Batman is a good Batman then I'm afraid it's you who doesn't get the character.
>>
>>87472693
>Ben Affleck's script can't be bad! He won an Oscar!

You know who else won an Oscar before boarding the DCEU? Chris Terrio.
>>
>>87467255
>WB is once again fucking up their DC movies
So what else is new?
If they haven't learned their lesson after:
>Green Lantern
>Man of Steel
>Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
>Suicide Squad
What makes you think they're gonna learn it now?
>>
>>87467255
Just reboot all this shit with Flashpoint. You already have fucking great Thomas and Martha Wayne for that. Just make sure that Martha Joker scene finding out truth about Bruce and father footsteps in the movie and it will be 10/10.
>>
>>87472748
You reply to the wrong person buddy?
>>
>>87467871
well things seem to be going fine for the shazam movie
>>
>>87472785
The problem would be that all the same execs would still be in charge. What makes you think they wouldn't make all the same mistakes again?
>We've decided to reboot the DCEU
>We're happy to announce that Micheal Bay will be in charge
>>
>>87472785
>The Comedian as edgy Thomas Wayne in a Flashpoint movie
Well, it's at least playing to the studios strengths of super heroes being edgy and out of characters.
Let Synder do it, then fire him and get someone else to do your DC movies, ideally without all the grim and gritty shit. And you know, with good screen writers.
>>
>>87472785
>implying they wouldn't fuck up Flashpoint too.
>>
>>87472451
Well, there certainly is no accounting for shit taste.
>>
>>87472828
>>87472840
>>87472841
Can Goeff Jones be DC's Kevin Fiege?
>>
>>87472903
If Wonder Woman is any indication, no.
>>
>>87472499
>Superman is shown to have human parents, one of whom is named Martha
Bruce doesn't know Clark is adopted. And if he did learn that, why not have that be shown in the movie that Batman knows Superman got his horrible sense of morality from his human parents?

> Batman realizes his mistake when he's brought back down to earth, so to speak
That doesn't negate the 1% chance thing or the Metropolis battle happening, OR that confrontation when Superman came out of nowhere and told Batman to fuck off or he'll die ,like a dictator. That was the LAST time Bruce talked to Clark before he came back to ask for help.

Having an entire 180 because of his mother's name shouldn't change anything.
>>
>>87470128
Id say Man of steel was flawed but BvS worked a lot better
>>
>>87472903
That's what he and Berg were supposed to be. The problem/rumors though are that they still don't have any real power and their promotions were just for pr.

The real power still lies with a bunch of execs that don't know shit about the characters or making good movies.
>>
>>87472329
>>87472481
>>87472499
>>87472693
>>87473003

You guys are fucking retarded.

Batman stopped because the moment reminded him of his parents. Superman spoke in a way that reminded him of his father dying and the name that he spoke reminded him of his mom. This stopped him cold and left him confused and angry. How could Superman know about his mother's name? Turns out Superman didn't. Superman's mom is also named Martha and she was in danger.

So the fact that Superman in his last moments just wanted to defend a family member, much like his father tried to do, and that Lois, Superman's girlfriend, was clutching him desperately in an attempt protect him, left Batman speechless.

That's when Batman realized he was the monster there and that there was another woman with his mother name in danger and that he could finally find redemption in some way that night still.

The scene was about that moment reminding him of the worst night of his life and he realizing he was acting like the guy that killed his parents.
>>
>>87468999
>Worm really comes to mind as something that could change the setting up if it ever became a visual media
It would only ever work as a TV show, and even then it'd need hefty rewrites to be anything other than the same schlocky fauxpocalyptic crap we've seen in everything from Heroes to Walking Dead.
>>
>>87473116
Fucking WB. That lazy fucks just ruined potential superior universe and created tons of normies talking shit about our beloved heroes.
At least, we have Rebirth.
>>
>>87473163
Holy fucking shit, we get all that. We understand. It's not some super subtle or nuanced scene that only high intellect viewers such as yourself can catch.........it's just that it was objectively fucking stupid.

Plus it didn't even stop him killing. He gunned down, beat to death and burned a bunch of other people after that, which only goes to make it even fucking more objectively stupid.
>>
>>87473262

You say you get it but then prove that you didn't.

The "Martha" moment didn't changed Batman entirely. It just made him move his goals momentarily because there was a woman out there with his mother's name who was in danger. She was priority. What changed Batman was the fact that Superman sacrificed himself and by doing so left the planet defenseless against something crazy threat that is coming to claim all. Batman felt responsible for this because he had a hand in Superman's demise.

So no, you didn't understood shit. You obtuse motherfucker. You think that the "Martha" moment alone change Batman entire alignment when it didn't. It was a combination of tons of factors.
>>
>>87473220
>At least, we have Rebirth.
If the DCEU being a shitshow was the monkey's paw price we had to pay for Rebirth than so be it.
>>
>>87473369
So Batman will still be a killer in Justice League?
>>
>>87473369
>It just made him move his goals momentarily because there was a woman out there with his mother's name who was in danger.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and you seriously don't think this is dumb as shit?
>>
>>87467981
He wrote good novels but I'm not sure his opinion on movies really matters.
>>
>>87473369
>It just made him move his goals momentarily because there was a woman out there with his mother's name who was in danger.

Oh, I see.

Well, when you word it like that... no, no, it's still fucking dumb.

It literally could have been "my mother" instead of "Martha". Someone asking for you to save their mother's life with their dying breath is pretty powerful. Pretty much everyone has parents, after all. Could've been like, "Please, just save my mother..." and Batman would've been like "What do you mean?" And then Superman could've been like "My mother, Martha Kent... Lex Luthor kidnapped her to make me fight you..." And then Batman would've been like "Holy shit, why didn't you just say that at the start? We could've totally just talked this out. I mean shit, I hit you with a sink!" And then Superman could've been like "Well the movie is called 'Batman vs Superman', this was pretty much inevitable."

But no instead of that we get "SAVE MARTHA" and "WHY DID HE SAY THAT NAME???". You know, the good stuff.
>>
>>87467548
>What is dry ice
>what is artificial cum
>>
>>87473431

No.

There are a combination of factors in the movie that perfectly align during that night to shake Batman out of his funk.

Batman despised himself for his failure to be a hero, as in changing Gotham for the better, and man like his father, as in protecting the Wayne's legacy. He projected his own failures unto Superman. If he who was once an idealistic fool knew that he Gotham and that his life had no purpose, then eventually Superman would too, and then what?

Batman glorified his father as a real hero and man. He went down trying to protecting his family and bled and died.
Batman felt guilty about not being like his father. Felt guilty about not being able to protect his mom. Felt guilt about not protecting the Wayne's employees in Metropolis. Felt guilty about Wallace's actions.

So since he was no hero and Superman shared that guilt with him he had to stop Superman by any means necessary. His long held codes didn't mattered anymore. They never did. So he was ready to kill to stop Superman.

The thing is that Superman that night reminded him of his father, by trying to lay down his life to protect his own mom, who coincidentally was named Martha. Since his father was a true hero he started to see Superman as a hero as well. This new perspective of Superman was cemented in his mind after Superman had sacrificed himself to stop Doomsday. Superman was after all more like his father Thomas, as true hero, than himself, a failed hero.

But now that Superman isn't around and there is danger coming he has to pick up the slack. He has to be better. Specially because Superman's death is his fault. Is his guilt. So he must be better. Like his father was. Like Superman was.
>>
>>87473715
>Like Superman was
But Superman was a killer as well.

The fact that you actually believe all that is actually pretty sad.
>>
>>87473459

No, because Batman's guilt regarding his mother was hammered throughout the whole goddamn movie.

Every time Batman is shown rescuing someone in the film, it person is a female. When Batman rescue that girl in Metropolis the first thing he ask her is where her mom was, not her father or parents, but her mom. His nightmares are centered on his mom.

Batman also feels like he falls short of his father. So you've a guy that wants to be more like his father and is obsessed with his mom.

So when the opportunity to save a woman who share his mother's name presents itself it is obvious that he'll jump on it. He'll finally be able to do something he didn't all those years ago on that fateful night. He'll protect his mom.
>>
>>87470092
>and there were a few shots and interesting themes of the government being kind of fucked up in DC needing to hire mass murder types
That's what Suicide Squad is, so I don't know if it's really something you can credit Ayer for.
>>
>>87473633

Yes, Superman would say for Batman to save his mother when moments before Batman was shit-talking his parents. Come on, anon.

You're the one being stupid.
>>
>>87473757
This. Supes has two confirmed kills minimum.
>>
>>87467255
>the executives said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care.

DC movies in a nutshell
>>
>>87470109
>iron man 1 was actually a good movie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>87473757

Superman only killed Zod.

Batman also didn't hated Superman for being a killer. He hated Superman for all the deaths that happened on his watch. The reason for this was because Batman himself felt guilty about the deaths he felt were his own responsibility. He was projecting his own self-loath and perceived failures unto Superman.
>>
>>87473864
The point was that the fight shouldn't have happened in the first place anyway. The movie follows no logic.
>>
>>87473960

The movie makes plenty of logic. You just don't like it.

That's like complaining about the big fight in Captain America: Civil War. 'If only Cap had told Tony about Bucky killing his parents while mind-controlled waaay before any of the things in the movie happened...". Well, yeah. If Cap had done that maybe none of what happened in the movie would have happened, but then we wouldn't have a movie.
>>
>>87473864
Man, you're really making Batman out to be a big fucking dumbass here.
>>
>>87474038

But Batman WAS fucking dumbass in the movie. He was full of hubris.
>>
>>87474038
It's fine. He'll be smart next movie. Just like how they delivered on the promise of Superman and he was bright and hopeful and charismatic in BvS
>>
>>87473952
>Superman only killed Zod.
Beginning of BvS: Supes murders the fuck out of the terrorist.
>>
>>87474111

No, he didn't.
>>
>>87467255
>I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English
I don't see what this has to do with anything. A shit, hole-filled script will still be shitty and riddled with holes once translated.
>>
>>87474021
That's not a matter of logic. That's a matter of contrivance. And while you're right, things have to happen a certain way in order to have a story, the execution is different.

Because like, in the case of BvS we're supposed to think that Batman has dedicated two years of his life to killing a man, but at no point in that two years does he try and follow that man; to see where he's at his weakest, or gather any intel in him whatsoever. That's a hard concept to sell. That the team smart guy is not smart. That the detective is too myopic to look at the big red flags in front of him. That Lois Lane is smart enough to track Clark down, and Bruce Wayne isn't.

Whereas in the case of Civil War, it's much more cut and try. Steve doesn't tell Tony because then Tony might do something reckless and stupid, like he always does, and get Bucky killed.

And moreover it does beg the question. If you have to have your characters act in a dumb or uncharacteristic way to justify the fight, maybe you should be asking if you should have a fight in the first place.
>>
>>87474125
Rewatch it.
>>
>>87474211

>Because like, in the case of BvS we're supposed to think that Batman has dedicated two years of his life to killing a man, but at no point in that two years does he try and follow that man; to see where he's at his weakest, or gather any intel in him whatsoever. That's a hard concept to sell. That the team smart guy is not smart. That the detective is too myopic to look at the big red flags in front of him. That Lois Lane is smart enough to track Clark down, and Bruce Wayne isn't.

The thing is that Bruce didn't wanted to better understand Superman. That's the thing. He THOUGHT he understood Superman perfectly. Why? Because he projected himself and his own failings unto Superman.

The only thing he wanted and needed was a way to kill Superman. That's what he spend two years trying to find. Even then he needed Lex's push to finally take action against Superman.

That's a big part of Batman's arc that you have to understand. Batman was projected himself unto Superman. He felt responsible, thus Superman was responsible. He hated himself, thus he hated Superman. The world would be better off without him in it, thus the world would be better off without Superman in it.
>>
>>87474228

He didn't. Clark himself said so.
>>
File: 1475626471250.jpg (17KB, 300x364px)
1475626471250.jpg
17KB, 300x364px
>>87474125
>tackled human through three walls in like 2 seconds
>not dead
>>
>mess

this is the bonafide DCEU buzzword
any article claiming a DC movie is "a mess" is a meme, you don't want to get memed on do you?
>>
>>87467255
Sounds like some execs are trying to fiddle with his movie and WB is telling them to fuck off. I see no issues here.
>>
>>87474332
He said he didn't massacre the compound. Which should have been obvious to anyone because they were killed with guns.

But he put the leader through a wall, hitting him with car-crash force on an area the size of two fists. There is no way that man's lungs aren't liquid.
>>
>>87467864
He's at the point where he refuses to direct a movie if the studio doesn't let him execute his vision, which is the real reason why 90% of his projects never happen.
>>
>‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter'

This obviously didn't happen. How could anybody believe this?
>>
File: PSX_20160823_235748.jpg (117KB, 1440x615px) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160823_235748.jpg
117KB, 1440x615px
>>87467255

Well that explains a lot about DC

Guess this means Wonder Woman is going to suck then
>>
>>87474382
>through a wall
A few walls actually.
>>
>>87474314
>The only thing he wanted and needed was a way to kill Superman. That's what he spend two years trying to find.
I have a rodent problem in my apartment. I want them dead. So I learned what kinds of bait to use and what kind of traps to use. I did research on them.
If I were following Batman's example, I'd sit here for eighteen months doing nothing but getting angrier at the mouse droppings everywhere until someone from two towns over tells me what to do.

I GET that the movie hinges on Batman being myopi and projecting his issues onto Superman and all that shit. It's still stupid because it means he has to actively do nothing but stew like a big baby until someone else all but shoves the macguffin into his hand and says "It's been an hour! Move the plot forward already!"
>>
>>87474125
it's like that scene from the first episode of Arrow.
>Oliver says he can't let the guys that have seen his face live, then snaps their necks.
>Next scene says that the goons are n the hospital.

Just because they are in the hospital, doesn't mean that they are alive. Hospitals tend to have Morgue's.
>>
>>87474494

Batman was looking into kryptonite on his own.
>>
>>87474417
If you have to ask you'll never understand much less accept the answer.
>>
>muh uncle works at EA
the post
>>
>>87474530
When? When he "hacks" into Lexcorp?
And again, what was he doing for the year or so before that?
>>
>>87473816
>No, because Batman's guilt regarding his mother was hammered throughout the whole goddamn movie.
There's the opening scene and his random Man-Bat dream like 20 minutes later, and that's it.

>Every time Batman is shown rescuing someone in the film, it person is a female.
The guy who got his legs crushed wasn't a woman.

>Batman also feels like he falls short of his father. So you've a guy that wants to be more like his father and is obsessed with his mom.
This is never said or shown in the movie. Bruce mentions his family's past as hunters and that he was said that grew to be older than his father. Nothing about "living up his father's name" or whatever shit you're babbling about.

>So when the opportunity to save a woman who share his mother's name presents itself it is obvious that he'll jump on it.
There's millions of Marthas.

>He'll finally be able to do something he didn't all those years ago on that fateful night. He'll protect his mom.
This is the most retarded head canon for this movie I've ever read.
>>
>>87474426

I don't care if WW is a mess.

I just want to know if it will make $500+ million like SS and BvS.

It's downright sad that the execs know they're making a shit movie and still be able to get $$$.
>>
>>87474371
"Mess" accurately describes DLCEU scripts so no, we're not getting lied to.
>>
File: bee.jpg (57KB, 493x311px) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
57KB, 493x311px
>>
>>87468999
>I think the genre just needs for something to come along and do it better.
Directors have been trying to do that and the studios won't let them.

See
>Squad
>Flash
>the amazing spider-man series
>Ant-Man
>BvS
>>
>>87474605
Transformers comes out around the same time, so it won't be making a lot of dosh.
>>
>>87474535
Nah that's silly. People's reasonings are generally pretty easy to understand, even if not to agree with.
>>
>>87474666
I'm going to honor your satanic trips with the response.
It's believable to people becaue it vindicates their low opinion of how the DCEU has played out so far. The proof of the proposed attitude is in the results of the work they're putting out. Many feel they don't have a good plan and haven't beyond "make lots of money" so it's reasonable to think that all they're doing behind the scenes is going "we don't care so long as it makes money"
>>
>>87469073
I'd make it a batfamily movie; maybe Dick, Tim Jason and Babs have to work together to save Bruce and prevent all their secret identities from becoming public; villain could be Riddler maybe idk

It'd be a batfamily movie no if ands or buts; I just can't think of any good batfamily stories from the comics to adapt
Could give Tim and Babs a bigger role in under the red hood but that's already got an animated adaptation no need to re-tread that soil
>>
>>87474587
>This is never said or shown in the movie.
Anon's gonna quote that "I'm older than my father ever was" line. Which is a legitimate case, albeit incredibly thin.
>>
>>87474626
>we're not being lied to
i know, it's worse, yr getting memed on
>>
>>87474649
>I got caught on a lie once again lmao!
Literally BEE entire career...
>>
>>87469992
Iron man and Hulk are both pretty good movies; solids 7.5s or 8s
>>
>>87467255

Shit like this is why I haven't watched suicide squad

It doesn't help that people will see it for the characters alone in other countries

I mean they know they could make more money if they actually cared but nope they want the easy money not the money that will be tougher but make them more

Fucking execs knew what they were doing putting Snyder at the helm knowing that in name alone they would make money

Lego Batman might be the last good DC movie in years
>>
>>87469987
>does lots of moth stuff

like angry noises?
>>
>>87474211
>maybe you should be asking if you should have a fight in the first place.

Hollywood writing is built around justifying events though. It's well known that you need to have a fight or an explosion or a chase or whatever on page 60 of your script because 60 minutes in you're supposed to have something happen. If an exec flips to your script to pages like that and see you aren't playing ball, you won't get the job.

>>87474417

Not that guy but I've also heard from people who've been working on set as department heads or similarly high. Executives and producers will routinely fuck you for one of a hundred reasons and take your dream sequence or dream shot and run it into the dirt.

It's actually fucking amazing. Everyone can look at the storyboards and layouts months to years in advance to see how a sequence is going to play out. They have their meetings and sign off on it. They can meet on set to see how it's going. They can see the shots afterwards and how they cut together. But even after signing off they can change their mind and fuck over large swaths of a film because they suddenly don't like what they did before. Or because they realized that rendering out VFX would be slightly more expensive and time consuming than thought. Or because it's a power play and they just don't like the DP or one of the producers or a department head and they'd rather make you suffer than act like a reasonable human being.

"I don't care, we do it my way" is apparently a shockingly common thing for the suits to say.
>>
>>87467982
Considering both DCEU movies have been trash....
>>
>>87474837
Don't pretend like Marvel isn't doing the exact same thing. Kevin Feige and his lackeys basically write and direct every movie at this point.
>>
File: 1446157182100.jpg (61KB, 503x505px) Image search: [Google]
1446157182100.jpg
61KB, 503x505px
>>87474925

I never mentioned Marvel once in my post anon

Fuck the DC drones are trying hard right now
>>
>>87474733
I mean I understand that, but to believe "executives" would say things so villainously and so openly as to essentially boast about their complete lack of care for anything beyond profit (coming from a man renowned for writing works taking jabs at those "executives" and the culture of business) ought to be met with some opposition from people not quite to willing to buy into something that validates their world view. People willingly throwing themselves into believing dubious material against their better judgement should be called out, I just wanted to highlight that it is a ridiculous claim to take at face value.
>>
>>87474605

Wonder Woman had similar rumors from industry people a while ago. I don't have the article on me but someone in this thread presumably does.

The blame supposedly sits on Tsujihara. Dude loves to meddle and ruin shit to please his ego. Even Zack Snyder complained that he couldn't get the Superman costume the way he wanted because he kept getting rejected(remember: Zack Snyder did 300. He's VERY comfortable with red short shorts.), and he had to do it the way the studio executives wanted.
>>
>>87472499
Yeah I think much of /co/ and the public is retarded because all of that was obvious as fuck to me
Maybe the general populace is too stupid for us to have good cape films
>>
>>87474945
But your implication is that this is only a thing at WB, not a widespread problem of Hollywood.

>weeb reaction images

Kill yourself while I've got your attention.
>>
>>87474952

Again. They really don't care. And they don't care which subordinates know because those guys are on a contract and obligated to do it no matter how they feel. They don't care which of their buddies know because that has nothing to do with their bottom line.
>>
>>87472785
The problem is the executives not he source material
The movies will be shit as long as idiots on top keep fucking them up
>>
>>87474960
>Wonder Woman had similar rumors from industry people a while ago.
No it didn't, it had 1 report from a disgruntled former employee that was shot down by multiple Marvel shills in the media.
>>
So it's official, there are no saving graces for the DCEU, this was the one film that could've been truly good but it's dead now. Great job guys.
>>
File: 1475762155259.jpg (280KB, 612x1270px)
1475762155259.jpg
280KB, 612x1270px
>>87474995

Here have a /co/ image unless you want a pony reaction image

That'll probably make you better
>>
File: 1458252382397.gif (997KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1458252382397.gif
997KB, 500x200px
It's the DCEU cycle all over againd dudes...

>Movie announced
>Awesome trailers
>People claiming they know someone from the inside that claims the movie is a mess and the studio fucks up big time
>The cast and crew tell wonders about each other
>Some early screenings and critics feel positive about the movie
>Movie is released
>Critical failiure
>Divisive among fans
>Does well at the box office
>Released on DVD and Blu-Ray with extended scenes
>Sells equally well

And repeat.

I've personally enjoyed every DCEU movie up to date, but that's how things are and don't expect them to change. Wonder Woman won't change the cycle. Neither Justice League will.
>
>>
>>87474896
>Hollywood writing is built around justifying events though. It's well known that you need to have a fight or an explosion or a chase or whatever on page 60 of your script because 60 minutes in you're supposed to have something happen. If an exec flips to your script to pages like that and see you aren't playing ball, you won't get the job.
What you're talking about is called an "Action beat". And yes. blockbusters need action beats. And you can get those in MANY ways. Clark vs Bruce is only one of them

My point is that this shouldn't have been Batman Vs Superman to begin with. It should've been World's Finest.
>>
>>87474952
>I mean I understand that, but to believe "executives" would say things so villainously and so openly as to essentially boast about their complete lack of care for anything beyond profit
People turn into dicks when they think it's off the record, as this appeared to have been.
>>
>>87467255
Ha, I didn't need an insider to tell me that an executive said that about a Hollywood production.
>>
>>87474996
I'm not pretending those aren't their genuine thought processes when it comes to filmmaking, I just think everybody oughta be a little suspect when reading something so blatant, even if (or especially because) it's so appealing to their established worldview. The scenario described is absurd; almost insultingly crass, regardless of whether it is true to real life or not.
>>
>>87472054
Just for a second get ready to visualise something in your head for me, can you do that?
Ok, good.
Imagine Batman in between this scene and the next one where he gets in the plane. Imagine him putting on his eye make up before fighting a big battle, he was 2 seconds from killing a god from another world and now he's putting on eye make up. Just, just think about that for a second.
>>
>>87469073
ASSBAR.
>>
>>87475174
It's called confirmation bias.
>>
>>87467255
As of last month, Affleck was saying there was neither a script nor a title.

>>87468619
He's writing it with Johns, but he's either still promoting or just finishing up the tour for The Accountant, and as part of that tour has been publicly saying:

>"I just mentioned the other day, its been around for a long time that the movie, there is no Batman movie happening yet, we're still trying to figure it out, get the script, the budget, and all that stuff, and someone said what are you calling it, and I had said like, back when we were doing, like, promoting another movie, I was like "well, we don't have a name for it and now we're just calling it The Batman or Batman movie or Batman", and I said that and it was like "Affleck announces the title of his new", and you know, you can't, you can't even touch it without it being, and they're like "this title's so boring" and "this title sucks"."

(video on facebook /enews/videos/10153764694650736/)

So while it's possible that at some point in the press tour he's been doing all month he managed to find time to write a movie script or tweak something Johns crapped out, it's extremely unlikely that this would be anything but a first draft. There is no script; there's no release date, there's no pressure. There's almost certainly no executives getting around - having all read it themselves - and talking like comically inept and utterly delusional stereotypes after the year WB has had with bad movies. Real, stupidly bad, stinker movies.

It's made up.
>>
>>87475347
>Geoff Johns on Batman

he doesn't even know who Tim is
>>
>>87473262
False 100%. If everyone got it then these posts wouldn't have been made:
>>87472054
>>87472182
>>87472207
etc.

Face it, the people you stand with are retards. Your allies were too stupid to understand the movie, and you probably are too. If not this scene, other scenes baffled your pathetic mind.
>>
>>87473098
Oh yeah definitely Man of Steel was flawed, but it still had depth that was properly conveyed. The flaws weren't in the themes.
>>
>>87474366
>3 mud walls
lol
>>
I don't know that I believe THIS SPECIFIC rumor.

But the idea that a Batman movie has potential to suck because execs don't care and expect it to coast on name recognition alone isn't in any way far fetched.

I mean, not only has this shit happened before WITH BATMAN, WITHIN THE LAST DECADE (Dark Knight Rises's script issues are both well known and readily acknowledged by Nolan), but one glance at the DCMU in its current state shows that no one working on those movies care about the stories or the characters beyond what will get people in theaters. That's not a big revelation.
>>
>>87472177
Mix court of owls with red hood and a splash of batman RIP.
>>
>>87475411
That's impossible, as he wrote him in Teen Titans. Maybe you don't like what he did with the character, but he damn well knows he exists.
>>
>>87467734
>Tarantino, and he's stopping after two more films

Why?
>>
>>87476481
he just knows him superficially, like many other characters he doesn't care about
>>
>>87467532
Slade is more than a Titan's villain at this point and if you're going to be here you should know that. He's fought nearly every DC hero, the league, and especially Batman. He's not Trigon or the Fearsome Five or Brother Blood. He's had serveral ongoings, he's served on teams, he's appeared on multiple live actions shows unrelated to the Titans, and he's just a general DC comics character at this point.
>>
I'd say "How do you fuck up Batman?" then I remember how they treated Beware the Batman.
>>
>Johns haters still this butthurt

The thread isn't even about him, fuck
>>
>>87476644
Shut up Boco.

You are right though. They fucked that poor show over just as it found it's footing.
>>
>>87476523
Well, that is a bit different than not knowing he exists at all, though.
>>
>>87467578
Sure there will. Just not directing superhero movies. Last I checked, Coppola, Spielberg and Scorsese haven't directed any superhero movies either.

And reminder that up until Schindler's List, Spielberg wasn't that critically acclaimed.
>>
>>87476523
Johns did a ton of work with Tim and like it or not a good portion of his Titans run was about Tim and Kon. I didn't like it, but it still happened.
>>
>>87476495
that was always his plan, it's why he numbered his films

> the 5th film by quentin tarantino
> the 8th film by quentin tarantion

he's doing 10 and switching to theatre/plays he said

what WILL be based as fuck is it's all a payoff to the marketing for his last film when it'll say THE FINAL FILM by Quentin Tarantino. guaranteed payoff
>>
>>87476885
And yet he doesn't know that he is canonically smarter than Bruce and one of the smarter individuals on the planet.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>87476874

>up until Schindler's List

Indiana Jones,Close Encounters, ET, Jaws, and Jurassic Park weren't critically acclaimed?
>>
>>87467255
>Executives want to change a movie cause they don't like it.
What the fuck is new?
When are these asshats going to learn that they don't know shit
>>
>>87476921
He made Tim pretty damn smart though throughout his run. He even established that Tim was the only Robin that deserved to be Batman.r

Why are you Timfags so insufferable? I didn't like all the work Johns did but he still in essence knew about the characters. He just did a really shitty job "aging" the YJ 4. That person didn't even bring Tim up.
>>
>>87467255
>I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script.’ So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously.”

This explains so goddamn much about what's been wrong with superhero movies recently. Plot, dialogue, all that shit is irrelevant now, it doesn't matter anymore to them.
>>
>>87477105
It's happening in all tentpole movies, not just comic book movies. They only care about squeezing as much money out of foreign markets as possible because they know stupid Americans will see these shitty movies regardless.
>>
>>87473646
>dry ice
That's not made of water, you moron.
>>
>>87473646
What IS artificial cum?
>>
File: [HMMS EXTERNALLY].gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
[HMMS EXTERNALLY].gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>87473646
>Dry Ice
>water
>>
>>87475477
Go run into some adobe then, retardo.
>>
>>87476620
He's still a Teen Titans villain. Norman Osborn is still a Spider-Man villain. Magneto is still an X-Men villain. Deadshot is still a batman villain.
>>
>>87477009
Because if you don't know everything about Tim you are no better than a casual that just knows Robin as a generic sidekick. ESPECIALLY if your job is writing those characters.
>>
>>87476620
His most popular comic depiction is as teen titans villan.
His most popular tv depiction is as a teen titans villan.
>>
>>87477314
That doesn't really matter. Especially in a shared universe.

Norman Osborn popping up in Iron Man 4 is essentially the entire purpose of a shared universe.
>>
>>87467255

Bullshit. No big budget movies are made today without taking the Chinese market into account. It's an absolutely retarded financial mistake.
>>
>>87475119
>> It should have been Batman AND Superman, not Batman VERSUS Superman
Finally someone else who gets it..
>>
>>87472514
Maybe Zack Snyder's shitty fanfiction version.

Is Batman so emotionally unstable he will go from wanting to cut off another man's face to wanting to be his best friend at the mention of a trigger word?
>>
>>87467663
Why can't they make an animated movie that looks like this? Would it cost a fortune?
>>
>>87469987
Kite Man hell yeah
>>
>>87471057
>Feige had to essentially hold off higher-ups for years on end for the MCU to actually be good
That moment when Feige was allowed to boot out everyone he didn't want involved in the MCU must have been the most therapeutic moment in his life.

Fuck Perlmutter.
>>
>>87474663
Is Transformers still happening? There's been 2 WW trailers and not 1 Trans
>>
>>87468121
A bit, too many words in Ellis' vocabulary though
>>
>>87478672
>Over 15 years of putting up with Perlmutter and Avi Arad (before Marvel Studios created)

To spend day after day, having to tell Ike what his directors wanted and Ike saying no while he cut up used napkins to be used for the month.
>>
>>87478675
I think it opens the same month as Wondie. Can't remember if it's like 2 weeks before or after. Something like that anyway.
>>
>>87478467
Probably. Animation is already way more expensive than live action, and that's just with the Pixar stuff that's already cartoony and (I would guess) requires way fewer polygons than something like this video-game style.
>>
>>87478275

I think deadpool was the last movie to not take the Chinese into account
>>
>>87478855
Based Fox.
>>
>>87467255
Even though DCEU has sucked so far, I was thinking maybe the next Batman would at least be good, because Affleck is in charge and from what I've heard, he was fucking embarrassed by BvS and probably wants to save face now. He's been behind the camera for a couple acclaimed films and has the competency to make it work, and this wouldn't be another fucking Snyder film, so even though I'm not expecting Nolan-calibre stuff here, I was expecting an enjoyable film.

This news that the screenplay is a mess, which seems to fit with news that literally every DC screenplay is a mess of too many cooks in the kitchen writing Frankenstein scripts, is pretty disappointing.

But what's MORE disappointing is that WB apparently knows it's shit, but just doesn't care because it's Batman and they know they'll make their money regardless.

But at the end of the day, folks like us are to blame because, come on, we're gonna see this whether it's good or not, it's like we have to. Well, I think I'm going to make an actual decision to only see this if it looks like a good film to me, because I don't want to support more Hollywood tumour abortions just because "well, I like the character."
>>
>>87467255
I believe all these sources that say the upcoming DC movies are gonna be shit because so far they've had a perfect record. But for this one I'm gonna call bullshit. I mean this is being made by Affleck and unlike everyone else at Warner he is a competent film maker and actor. I still have some hope here.
>>
>>87478838
It's not necessarily polygons. Feature animation requires alot more love and attention than in-game animations, and especiall with something like a realistic bamaham, that includes mo-cap and mo-cap clean-up. Even though Pixar has a more 'cartoony' style, that doesn't at all lend itself to being any easier to accomplish than the .webm you're replying to. Simply put, it's just different.
>>
>>87468681
Suicide Squad was actually a good movie.
>>
>>87478922
They only did that because of their lack of faith with the movie.
>>
>>87473864

Now you're just reaching.

Literally any person in danger would say save my mom, even if he was "shit-talking" them.

You're implying Supes somehow knew that saying "Martha" would stop him in his tracks. Any other person would be more affected by him saying "save my mother" instead of "save [insert name here]"
>>
>>87479114
Well, it paid off and it paved the way for Logan so I really can't complain.
>>
>>87479100
Haha good one, m8. I really do love this meme.
>>
>>87479174
How is it a meme?
>>
>>87470925
Hell. More kids and now teens and twenty somethings know Cyborg and the Titans from the cartoons than even Flash (before the show) and Aquaman.

Teen Titans was a huge hit as a comic in the 80s, a goofy toon in the 00s, and an even goofier toon now. They are A-list in terms of recognition.

And kids and adults know Cyborg as a Titan, not a Justice League member. That New52 idea is shit.

They should have focused on retelling older Titans talsles with Cybrog instead of affirmative actioning him into the league. Same with the movies.

No idea why WB has no interest in making Titans films when there is a huge audience familiar with it.
>>
>>87467255
>quality scripts don't matter because of the global money made from just name recognition

Fucking hell, how goddamn greedy can executives be to not bother to hire someone to fix script issues?
>>
>>87479100

DC drone right here
>>
>>87473646
Do you think dry ice is just frozen water that's been dried off with a paper towel?

Also artificial cum isn't cum
>>
>>87476874
Are you a stupid person or just underage?
>>
>>87467267
No, the other one.
>>
File: Executives.gif (337KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Executives.gif
337KB, 500x375px
>>87479239
>>quality scripts don't matter because of the global money made from just name recognition
>
>Fucking hell, how goddamn greedy can executives be to not bother to hire someone to fix script issues?
>>
>>87467255
Since when where you under the impression that things ever looked good for the DCEU?

>playing catch-up
>hated director
>dubious casting
>wrong tone
>meddling studio
>damage control
>>
>>87467326
That's a fat pig ass
>>
>>87480603
>weak CGI
>bad writers
>>
>>87468822
How's Faraci's sexual assault case doing?
>>
>>87480603
So this whole time, we have been under WB's Perfect Hypnosis.
>>
>>87469073
Dark Knight, Dark City straight adaption
>>
>>87468681
The news before BvS was ran over by the smear campaign from Marvelcunts was that WB executives stood up to applaud Zack Snyder's masterpiece
>>
>>87469987
KGBeast died in BvS. See this is what's fucking wrong. Not the movie- the audience. The ADD muricucks cant even look at a screen for 2 and a half hours to follow a simple story without quips to keep them engaged
>>
File: 1466044365154.jpg (15KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
1466044365154.jpg
15KB, 321x321px
>>87481943
>>
File: ATT-Wireless-Logo.jpg (120KB, 1076x1236px)
ATT-Wireless-Logo.jpg
120KB, 1076x1236px
>>87469298

Maybe the salvation is the AT&T fire and change these executives and producers
>>
>>87467255
Now have Michael Pena narrates it like in the Ant-man film.
>>
>>87467617
How long have people been saying that?
>>
>>87479237
Based on the job WB has done with the DCEU, it's probably a good thing that they are not interested in the Titans.

Besides, I would bet money that we will get Teen Titans on the CW in the next 5 years.
>>
>>87467255

>execs want to change it.

Must be damned good then.
>>
>>87483208

That would be terrible.

Teen Titans without Beast Boy isn't Teen Titans. And CW budget couldn't handle having that character in it.

I mean, I'd have CW casting department hire the actress for Starfire, but that's it.
>>
>>87469073
Live action Mask of the Phantasm
>>
>>87469073

Professor Pyg's kidnapping people and doing his usual schtick and Batman has to use the hell out of his detective skills to track down the one villain in his rogue's gallery who is wholly, genuinely batshit before he goes too far. Up the stakes for the third act with Pyg kidnapping Barbara Gordon. Maybe set up some Batgirl shit for a sequel.

Make it heavily inspired by classic Hollywood detective noir and modern crime thrillers like Zodiac/Se7en/Law-Abiding Citizen.
>>
>>87467255
>watching DCEU movies
Why even bother?
>>
>>87467663
haven't played the game. Who was the sniper? Dead shot?
>>
>>87485430
yup
>>
>>87479100

its passable, but it was too sloppy to call it good.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.