[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Started reading this again after several years and holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: EarthX.jpg (44KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
EarthX.jpg
44KB, 250x379px
Started reading this again after several years and holy shit is this a badly-written and opinionated nostalgia piece of trash.

What's up with Uatu?
>tells X-51 not to be judgmental
>pseudo-philosophical bullshit to seem neutral: "After all, what is evil? Evil is an invention. A human invention that attempts to explain what is beyond human understanding."
>proceeds to use judgmental language: "There was a man. A small, ugly man named Adolf Hitler. World War II was the result of his actions."
>"It would not be until a madman's dream for master race..."
>"A Watcher never involves himself in the affairs of mankind not physically...or emotionally."
>gave Reed Richards the Ultimate Nullifier. "I knew it Galactus would retreat before its power."

I liked it as a teenager but now it's just embarrassing.
>>
>>87462009
Ialways thought that Earth-X and its sequels were overrated
>>
>>87462009
Uatu is supposed to be an edgy faggot in it though. Did you miss the whole theme of Aaron standing up to Uatu and humanity standing up to the Celestials? You think you're supposed to side with Uatu because he's "smart" but he's a broken being that lacks the potential for self-improvement and heroism that humanity has.
>>
>>87462269
>You think you're supposed to side with Uatu because he's "smart" but he's a broken being that lacks the potential for self-improvement

Hell, this should've been apparent from the first time they show him.
>>
>>87462009
I laughed when Aaron was just pretending. Uatu is a gullible fuck.
>>
>>87462269
But he's not smart - he's just an edgy faggot that contradicts himself. He speaks like a 15 year-old trying to sound much bigger and smarter than he is. Maybe that's the point: the whole "Wizard of Oz" floating head thing meant to intimidate but is actually disguising a cripple.

Also, I get that this is suppose to be Marvel's version of "Kingdom Come" but does it have to be an unsuspecting observer (X-51/Norman McCay) and a "guide" (Uatu/Spectre) witnessing a disillusioned hero who used to inspire hope (Captain America/Superman) in a world where everyone has developed superpowers?
>>
>>87462009
>>pseudo-philosophical bullshit to seem neutral: "After all, what is evil? Evil is an invention. A human invention that attempts to explain what is beyond human understanding."
It's especially bullshit because demons like Mephisto kind of prove that evil isn't just a human invention.
>>
>>87462523
That's why I put "smart" in quotes
>>
>>87462544
If you read the sequel, 'Universe X', you learn Mephisto's a human invention and demons are actually Deviants. So yeah, it is kinda that way.
>>
ITT: Someone must be feeling awfully insecure about being a Detective Comics fanboy.
>>
>>87463457
Take your company wars elsewhere you stupid nerd.
>>
>>87463630
Awwwwwfully insecure.
>>
>>87462009
Earth X has to be one of the most underrated comics ever. Its so good but is almost never talked about.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.