[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poet Anderson - The Dream Walker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: poet-resized-forale_resized.jpg (418KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
poet-resized-forale_resized.jpg
418KB, 1024x663px
What did you think of this, /co/? A lot of eyecandy? what could be achieved with 3D CGI if someone gave animation a proper budget?

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Poet-Anderson-The-Dream-Walker/Movie?id=31364

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRkHfW8MaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roMGdRkl-ds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHHNGT9p6O4
>>
File: c62dae479164db9fdf46aa9f47fa7453.jpg (130KB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
c62dae479164db9fdf46aa9f47fa7453.jpg
130KB, 1280x692px
>>87446049
I wish these guys had been in charge of the Rise of the Guardians movie.
>>
Did /co/ even knew about this 15 minute special?
>>
/co/?
>>
it looks good
>>
Hate the music, but the animation is stellar. It kinda feels like its trying to appeal the hot topic crowd.
>>
I read the comic it was by the gay blink 182 dude right?
>>
>>87446049
Anyone know the budget for this 13 minute wonder?
>>
The main character reminds me a little of... just his body type at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYmrPn1CnzY
>>
>>87447389
>It kinda feels like its trying to appeal the hot topic crowd.
This. I watched the short a long while ago and the entire fucking thing is literally just some self-important wish-fulfillment fantasy for that one emo kid in your school who just wanted to get the girl while dressed like some dapper Hot Topic Chosen One of a hero. Beyond that, the whole dreamscape was nothing special and pretty much rips every other dream-based cliche you could think of.

The animation was okay but when the content is just THAT cringeworthy, it's really hard to give a shit. I mean come on, just look at the name:
>Poet Anderson
>with "Poet" being some catch-all special snowflake title in-universe
It couldn't come closer to "tips fedora m'lady".
>>
>>87448585
You're not wrong, it's literally in that same archetypal sphere. The only difference is that Oncler had the dignity of originating from a Dr. Seuss book thus having a bit of wackiness to him, while Poet Anderson is literally just Hot Topic as hero protagonist personified.
>>
>>87448606
When I first saw the name and the trailer I thought it was some modern adaption of Hans Christian Andersen the fairytaler.

I enjoyed it tremendously for the eye candy and you should just think for a second that this is a low budget film. Imagine using 2D CGI animation with The Lorax budget or anything above 100 million.

I hate the fact that so much money is wasted on goofy-looking CGI instead of aiming more for that Final Fantasy feel like Spirits Within did or like this fine piece of work here did. I really wish 2020 will bring us a hell lot more 2D CGI to the theaters.

We were suppose to have an entire tv series with this level of quality 2D CGI before Disney pulled the plug on Uprising to not steal attention away from the Star Wars movie. Uprising instead turned into something uglier looking than MTV Spider-Man with an even lower framerate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdieHtgAjc
>>
>>87446049
Too bad it's only 15 minutes long. There's a lot of action, but not much storytelling and it often keeps skipping scenes. First he escapes from the hospital, then he's in a subway train and then he's back in the hospital again.

In hindsight I think a bipedal monster would have been much scarier. Four-legged type monsters just don't do it for me.

Hey if we ever had an Aliens tv series then I wish it would be animated just like this, but with a slower pace to build up the atmosphere and horror. This is pretty short in order to be action-y and without much storytelling.
>>
>>87446049
The story and the setting itself doesn't really attract me that much, what makes a fanboy of this is the sweet tooth-aching animation style. There's no 2D CGI movies and the only ones which exist are animation shorts like Paper Man which don't fully exhibit what can be accomplished with 2d cgi.

From a technological and artistic standpoint this animation shows what will soon become the norm in the near future. (If we can just manage to beat the economy crisis and get over this endless garbage of flash animation and piss-poor cgi).

I want animation to evolve, I was never impressed with what we had back in the 40-90s and 2000s. To me those felt dated even back then.
Like staring at an 8-bit video game and then comparing it to one with 40 million-polygon models.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
It looks very good, but where else can I find such amazing 2D/3D animation?
>>
File: Black-eyed.png (507KB, 823x724px) Image search: [Google]
Black-eyed.png
507KB, 823x724px
Looks like they switched styles, the intro has a more anime-ish style compared to the rest of the cgi animation.
>>
File: Guardian_Mural.png (3MB, 1440x964px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian_Mural.png
3MB, 1440x964px
>>87446190
Yeah actually this time I'd pick the edgy hipsters over the goody two-shoes Dreamworks writers which think making Santa Claus forget how to interact with children is a good idea.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.