[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once upon a time, I hated Dan Slott. I hated him with burning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: Image-1-768x921.jpg (136KB, 709x850px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1-768x921.jpg
136KB, 709x850px
Once upon a time, I hated Dan Slott. I hated him with burning passion. To me, he was the personification of everything wrong with modern comics.

But now I am seriously amused by him, like morbid pleasure. The absolute madman retconned THE most important spidey story ever JUST because he can, just because he knows no one is going to stop him.

Dan Slott is not the hero we wanted, neither the hero we deserve, but I just can't hate him anymore. He has come full circle, He's so bad that now he is good. Keep it up your magnificient son of a bitch.
>>
>>87443987
Slott does one good thing. He prevent bendis from writing Spiderman, he keep Peter alive.
Bendis would kill Peter.
>>
>>87443987
This applies to how I view contemporary Marvel in general desu.
>>
I'm fairly certain Slott has made it his life's mission to fuck with Spider-Man canon as much as humanly possible, because he knows someone will eventually have to clean it up.

Godspeed to the man.
>>
Know what they should do? Have Peter marry Betty. He fucked her once anyway
>>
>>87443987
The only thing he retconned though was that instead of being unconscious the entire time, she was briefly conscious long enough to find out that Peter is Spider-man. It's hardly some major retcon.
>>
>>87443987
But he didn't retcon anything?
>>
>>87444916
My MILF fetish agrees with this
>>
>>87443987
>He's so bad that now he is good.

I wish I could agree. For me, he's become so bad that he's boring. He doesn't shock or anger me anymore. Everything he does is just typical of him.
>>
>>87444737
I'd take Bendis over Slott on Spidey any day of the week. At least Bendis can make a funny joke once in a while, unlike Slott, who couldn't come up with anything funny even if his life depended on it.
>>
File: 1.jpg (232KB, 645x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
232KB, 645x1025px
>>87445216
How can we forget timeless classics by our very own Brian Michael Bendis.
>>
>>87445216
Too bad there would be no jokes. Peter would be dead and Miles is too bland to make jokes. Spider-Man would be infinately more boring.
>>
>>87444963
Well, this thread is either bad bait or OP is an idiot. Maybe both.
>>
So there is a storytime this week for the latest issue of this event???
>>
>>87445160
>For me, he's become so bad that he's boring

Agreed. Slott's just boring, and has been for a long while now. And there's no greater sin for a writer than being boring. I'd rather take bad than boring. I'd read stories as fucking terrible as Ultimatum over the Ambien that is Slott's writing.
>>
>>87445216
>unlike Slott, who couldn't come up with anything funny even if his life depended on it.

What are you talking about? This is a riot.
>>
>>87444963
In the original story, Gwen died not ever knowing that Peter was Spider-man. In Clone Conspiracy, it was retconned in the back-up that she found out he was Spider-man shortly before dieing. It's fairly minor though and not something that should be causing OP to get so triggered that he becomes #woke.

But it's a Marvel Comic in [Current Year] so people will bend over backwards to find something to be offended by no matter how minor or inconsequential.
>>
>>87445303
There was no issue this week so no???
>>
>>87444737

But Spider-man is pretty much the best fit for Bendis. I'd rather see Slott with Miles. Less chance to ruin a character.
>>
>>87445347
Felicia is so cool. Why did they have to kill her character?
>>
>>87443987
It wasn't real, anon. Slott was just leading you on. Jackal altered Gwen Clone's memories.

It's so fucking obvious and yet you idiots fall for it.
>>
>>87445253
>wasting a whole page like this

I fucking hate Marvel
>>
>>87443987
No anon
He's so bad he's boring and trite
I can't even be bothered to keep up with his garbage anymore
I honestly am more caught up on Miles than Spidey, and that's only for the ever-increasing "proof that Miles is shit" repertoire
His fight with Blackheart, his fight with Ultimate Doom, ranged electric attacks for no reason, camouflage, I have proof of it all
Though I do sometimes forget to save pages, ah well, c'est la vie
>>
It's been a while since I've read Spider-Man. They're retreading the clone saga?
>>
File: microaggression.jpg (33KB, 402x454px) Image search: [Google]
microaggression.jpg
33KB, 402x454px
>>87443987
>just because he knows no one is going to stop him
The complete shit show that is Marble Editorial really does need to die in a fire. OF AIDS!
>>
>>87443987
He's the Chuck Austen of Spider-Man
>>
File: agents of M.O.U.S.E.jpg (189KB, 701x1000px) Image search: [Google]
agents of M.O.U.S.E.jpg
189KB, 701x1000px
>>87446959
>They're retreading the clone saga?
Well, to be fair: they JUST rehashed Secret Wars (and most of the tie-ins were also based on previous events and crossovers and story-lines like Old Man Logan and Civil War). They're CURRENTLY rehashing Civil War (again! remember: literally just had a mini during SW!) and the whole M-Pox (Legacy Virus) and Terrigenocide (no more mutants! Decimation 2.0!) are leading up to A̶v̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ Inhumans vs X-Men (Hero vs hero #3,453,742!).

House of Bad Ideas.
>>
>>87447643
I guess they decided to take a break from retreading"What If" stories into main canon and are just retreading main canon
>>
>>87444921
>>87444963
>>87445298
>OP) #
>>87445371
First I'm not triggered at all, I'm being honest when I say that I'm trully amused by his shittiness.
Second, I was talking about Gwen being back to life. The death of Gwen Stacy is the most important story in the spidey lore, as it was a turning point for everything spidey-related, and now Gwen is "back". Maybe "retcon" wasn't the adequate word, sorry.

But the fact is, Slott is messing with THE Spidey Classic. She is real? She is a Clone? False memories? I don't know, I just can't get mad anymore. When I saw this I've laughed really hard for two minutes. I think I've hated Slott so much that now I love him.
>>
File: batman-facepalm.gif (658KB, 563x394px) Image search: [Google]
batman-facepalm.gif
658KB, 563x394px
>>87447491
I was so excited for Champions too.
>>
>>87445636

>he thinks that bendis would give up miles to another writer
>>
>>87448151
Why do you do this to yourself anon?
>>
>>87448151
On the plus side, at least Avengers turned out pretty good.
>>
>>87448151
>I was so excited for Champions too.
Me too. I loved the team roster and I liked the art in the first issue (I know Ramos is divisive but I thought his cartoony style worked much better for Kid Avengers than it did for Extraordinary X-Men); but this second issue just sucked balls on every front and there is NO excuse for the Bendis Tier use of copy-pasta panels.
>>
>>87448100
Anon, please tell me you're not either this stupid or this much of a casual. It's a comic with Jackal as the main villain. Have you never read a comic with the Jackal as the villain? Because every single one has Jackal clone Gwen Stacy. Every time. We are SHOWN Jackal cloning this Gwen Stacy. Jackal was quite literally shown on-screen telling this Gwen that she's a clone of the original. You're even worse than the people who still somehow think that the Jackal is actually resurrecting people as opposed to just cloning them just because the Jackal is getting pretentious with his phrasing.

This isn't Slott changing or retconning anything. This is just Slott doing yet another Jackal comic in a long history of Jackal comics to the point that the biggest problem with The Clone Conspiracy is that there are no surprises because it's playing out EXACTLY like every Jackal story ever. It's only a matter of time before Spidercide shows up for fucks sake.

That you somehow think that Slott is doing anything even remotely original with Clone Conspiracy as opposed to a by-the-numbers Jackal arc is pretty sad. Be straight with me here, anon. How much Spider-man have you actually read?
>>
>>87445253
I am kind of afraid that they will adapt this for the Infinity War and the fangirls will like it.

With such fandom popularity, who knows, maybe Stark and Strange will get a team-up comic with such title.
>>
>>87448740
>Have you never read a comic with the Jackal as the villain? Because every single one has Jackal clone Gwen Stacy
Have you read Spider-Island?
>>
File: Spider-man70.jpg (435KB, 1024x1581px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man70.jpg
435KB, 1024x1581px
>>87445253
Slow burn jokes are difficult in comics, but Bendis is a superb Spidey writer. USM is some of the best Spider-man comics ever.
>>
>>87449279
I'm convinced that USM is the last time he truly was happy writing comics. Everything since then seems like boardroom trash
>>
>>87443987
>But now I am seriously amused by him, like morbid pleasure. The absolute madman retconned THE most important spidey story ever JUST because he can, just because he knows no one is going to stop him.
The fact that you honestly believe this is a testament to the idiocy of """comic book""" fans.
>>
File: Spider-man31.jpg (967KB, 2560x1985px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-man31.jpg
967KB, 2560x1985px
>>87449390
USM was too good for the shitty Ultimate universe.

I will never understand that Bendis killed U Peter of his own volition.
>>
>>87445216
He's referring to the fact that Bendis was gonna kill Peter in civil war but Slott (and editorial) stopped him.
>>
>>87448100
You're a dumbass.
>>
>>87443987

He didn't retcon shit nigger. also

>implying Gwen has never been clone resurrected before
>>
>>87445160
This.
There's literally no "so bad it's good" books at Marvel. All the shit writers have either long passed the entertaining awfulness threshold or don't know how to properly spark emotions in their audience/are more pitiable in their incompetence.
>>
>>87449495
He wanted an ending on his own terms.
Then he pussied out.

>>87449279
Busiek's Untold Tales was better.
>>
File: MtBrV.jpg (100KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
MtBrV.jpg
100KB, 500x715px
>>87445371
What if she was, like, watching him from Heaven? Honestly that would work as an explanation.
>>
File: Happyfisk.png (117KB, 206x272px) Image search: [Google]
Happyfisk.png
117KB, 206x272px
>>87449279
>>
>>87448573

So basically teens and social commentary were the problem and Champions was like a surgery removing a tumor.
>>
>>87443987
So the Jackal uploaded his mind into a clone of Gwen and has his own clone running around as a red herring. Brilliant!
>>
>>87451396
Well, the weird part is that the teens were the best part of All-new All-different Avengers. That's why everyone expected Champions to be the good parts of ANAD Avengers while Avengers would be the bad parts.

But either way, the teen trinity had to get split off for better or worse. Turned out to be better for the Avengers, but worse for every character involved and especially their fans. Waid is too old to be writing a book about teenagers that's trying to be hip, especially when he wasn't even him when he was a teenager. Waid has always been the quintessential comic book nerd.

You know who should have been writing Champions? Wilson or Pak. Wilson is the only person that writes Kamala well and she's apparently the team leader, ontop of writing a fun Miles in her own book. Pak's one time using Miles as a minor supporting character in TAH was a better use of him than anything Bendis or Waid have done, and he writes a great Cho.

At least Herc is in the good book.
>>
>>87448151
>>87448496
>>87448642
nice over exaggerating
>>
>>87452317
It's not an over exaggeration.

Both issues were bad. Real bad.
>>
>>87452538
yea you are its not even that bad fuck off
>>
>>87444916
When did the smash?
>>
>>87449274
There were Jackal clones of Gwen Stacy in that, or in the story leading up to it.

>>87448100
There's like, three Gwen clones running around just in 616. Any of them might be the real deal. One of them got fat.

This is not a new plot development.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
So is SLott's Peter going to have the balls to mention Sins Past? Since that's still canon?
>You know I'm Spider-Man. Alright, do you know that you fucked Norman Osborn and planned to have me raise his kids?

Oh, what am I saying, of course he won't. Slott's Peter is a pussy.
>>
>>87453958
>Wanting them to mention Sins Past.

You faggots will find anything to complain about, holy shit.
>>
>>87444737
Spider-Man is the only character Bendis hasn't totally fucked up, though.
>>
File: 1473739188141.png (879KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473739188141.png
879KB, 1136x640px
>>87452691
you freak. wanna see a magic trick?

Here is your ass, and here's my DICK.
>>
>>87445216
Then just read Miles Morales, as that is all spider-man would be if left to Bendis.
>>
>>87453958
There is only one way to mention Sins Past:

>You know I'm Spider-Man. Alright, do you know that you fucked Norman Osborn and planned to have me raise his kids?
>No.
>Me either. It was just had a really fucked up dream I had last night.
>Jesus, you need to see a doctor.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.