[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, in hindsight, the New 52 wasn't all that bad, really.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Justice_League_0001.jpg (581KB, 900x1355px) Image search: [Google]
Justice_League_0001.jpg
581KB, 900x1355px
In some cases it could be good. And sometimes great, even.
>>
File: 1478146849808.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1478146849808.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>87440208
Yeah it's almost as if people have different taste with different storylines and characters
>>
that op's image made me remember how incredibly awful geoff johns and jim lee's run on justice league was
>>
>>87440208
They shitted on so many characters for no reason at all.

Rebirth is DC seeing the truth about the nu52.
>>
a lot of the good things didn't need the reboot
>>
>>87440276
>>87440287
Too late, /co/. I always knew you'd eventually admit you like it.
>>
>>87440222
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>87440208
>Morrison on Action Comics
>Animal Man/Swamp Thing
>Demon Knights
>Dial H
>Earth Two before it went to shit

Nu52 had some really good books during the first couple years.
>>
>>87441043
And then it all went to shit so hard they NEEDED a relaunch.
>>
>>87441043
>Dial H

I'm currently reading the two tpbs of this I got from my local library and I can confirm it's fun as hell. It's a damn shame it didn't last longer; it seems like such a fertile premise in terms of creating interesting concepts.
>>
>>87441089
It lasted 5 years before a relaunch, which is not so bad in this day and age.

Compare that to Marvel, who relaunches every year.
>>
>>87441043
Agreed, a lot of these books were very underrated, it is a shame no one gave them a chance however. Fucking characterfags, man.
>>
>>87440208
There were good titles.

But as a universe, it was fucking shit.

They lost so much about the old DC mythology but didn't really build enough to replace what was lost.

Overall it was a failure.
>>
It was always good. They launched some really great books and the messy ones weren't that messy, they were comparably cheesy with old stuff and that was fun.
It was literally just NOT MUH from the ones saying it was bad.
>Muh old history
>these aren't my characters
For 5 years people cried about red underwear. 5 fucking years.
Look how happy all the shitters are to have THEIR characters back.
Comic fans should all kill themselves.
>>
>>87443615
You're right. I should just be happy my favorite character is a completely different person for no reason. Rebirth still hasn't fixed this.
>>
>>87443615
>Muh old history
>these aren't my characters

Would you like if I replaced your food with shit, anon? I bet you wouldn't like it just because it's not your food and not because it's shit, right!?
>>
>>87443615
They tried to reinvent the wheel. There was nothing wrong with the DCU. It just needed a relaunch.

Funnily enough, the best books to come out of New 52 were the ones that could have been told without the reboot except for maybe Wonder Woman. Even Swamp Thing and Animal Man acknowledge previous continuity.

Nothing was gained in the long run with New 52. Nothing at all.
>>
>>87441043
Early New 52 was almost in the state that Marvel's in now. Shit main line, but some really good fringe/experimental books.

I know we've got Young Animal, but it's still not the same.
>>
>>87443783
Sorry to say anon, but you were always eating shit. That's what being a characterfag causes. Years of eating shit to consume scraps of something consumable.
>>
There were some pretty good books, certainly. Larfleeze, Phantom Stranger, Swamp Thing, G-Mo's Action, Pak's Action, Valentine's Catwoman, OMAC, Soule's Red Lanterns, Azz Wonder Woman, Dial H... lots of fun, quality stuff. Sure there was bad, but there's always bad. Always.
>>
>>87441043
Don't forget All Star Western
>>
>>87443477
This.

The New 52 had good comics, specially the Vertigo-inspired ones, but the sacrifice wasn't worthy, the DCU didn't need the reboot, or at least it deserved than having Rob Liefeld, Scott Lobdell and other mediocre writers.

I appreciate the good things of the new 52, but Rebirth was necessary.
>>
>>87440208

Nu52 was unreadable and ruined a good, if flawed, universe.
>>
>>87444079
We didn't need a reboot for those though.
>>
>>87441043

Demon Knights sucked ass and ruined a bunch of cool characters.
>>
>>87443814

>Funnily enough, the best books to come out of New 52 were the ones that could have been told without the reboot except for maybe Wonder Woman. Even Swamp Thing and Animal Man acknowledge previous continuity.

Wonder Woman was being produced before the reboot was a thing. Remember, her last run was that JMS reboot, where Diana grew up in Gotham, had a talking cat and pants? That whole run ended with another reboot.
>>
>>87440352
Yeah, thankfully we are not all characterfags here. Some of us do have taste, Anon.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.