[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does DC act a few titshots away from a chic book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2929.jpg (32KB, 328x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2929.jpg
32KB, 328x515px
Why does DC act a few titshots away from a chic book?
>>
What?
>>
>>87436314
Do you know what a chick tract even is?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_tract
>>
DC's cosmology and afterlife are super Catholic, though, which Chick would have hated. You can thank Neil Gaiman for that, mostly, which is funny because I think Gaiman's an atheist.
>>
>>87436515
I thought he didnt make it that, but went with narritaves already in use?
>>
>>87436507
Well you said "chic book", which would lead absolutely no one to think you're talking about a "Chick Tract"
You realize "chic" means new and stylish right?
>>
File: you.jpg (23KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
23KB, 448x336px
>>87436545
>>
>>87436545
I thought his last name was chic, geez
>>
>>87436606
>not able to understand your typo
>call me autistic rather than admit you fucked up
The Spectre is rarely like a Chick character outside of his worst appearances, he actually has nuance, so it's not like that would make me think Jack Chick, nor do Chick stories tend to actually include God himself nor his agents, so that didn't connect the dots.
Fuck you mate.
>>
>>87436698
Just seeing if there was a language barrier
>>
>>87436545
>Why does DC act a few titshots away from a new and stylish book?
>>
>>87435982

But anon, the Spectre is already dressed in pretty damn stylin' threads.
>>
>>87436543
I think it's more that Catholicism, and Catholic-oriented works like the Divine Comedy, just lend themselves really well to further fiction and worldbuilding.
>>
File: ChickSeid.jpg (868KB, 935x1695px) Image search: [Google]
ChickSeid.jpg
868KB, 935x1695px
But anon, they're already there.
>>
>>87436515
Gaiman says that he is 50/50 sure of the existence of god. So pure agnostic.
>>
>>87438436
I thought the whole point of "Darkseid is" was just affirming his existence. Like, the fact that he exists is truth enough in the world, for the people who give themselves to him.
>>
>>87438503
"I AM" and its derivatives is a phrase often found in the Bible and other Judeo-Christian writings and is used to denote the absolute all-encompasing nature of God. Kirby cribbed a lot of Biblical imagery from the New Gods and "Darkseid is" is basically Darkseid sliding himself into the role of YHWH in a sort of dark perversion of Judeo-Christian tradition.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.