[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a Halloween movie or is it a Christmas movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6542.jpg (157KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6542.jpg
157KB, 509x755px
Is it a Halloween movie or is it a Christmas movie?
>>
>>87433558
A halloween movie
>>
>>87433558
It's both.
>>
It's a movie about Christmas being viewed and experienced by Halloween characters.
>>
halloween, there're more scenes in Halloween town and it has the goth kid look and stigma to it.
>>
>>87433558
Christmas. Santa is never anything less than a bro and Jack is kind of an ass.
>>
>>87433709
This is true.
For me the warm and loving feeling of Christmas trumps the Halloween vibe.
But then again, apparently one of the guys involved with the movie said it's a Halloween movie so there's that too.
>>
I consider it more of a Halloween movie, since the majority of it takes place in Halloween town, but I prefer watching it around Christmas.
>>
>>87433558
Thanksgiving, if you're wondering when to watch it.
>>
both
>>
Bulk of the movie takes place counting down to Christmas and ON Christmas itself.
>>
False dichotomy. It's both. It was on a VHS my mom made for me when I was a kid of christmas movies and specials she taped off the TV though. (Then again, that tape also had The Swan Princess.)

>>87433786
Nope, the right time to watch it is anywhere between October 1st and January 1st. As many times as you want.
>>
Christmas, because that's the True-Meaning-Of that characters learn that leads to a happy ending.

Actually both.
>>
The first song is called "This is Halloween". It must be Halloween.
>>
its for that whole 3 month stretch between halloween and christmas.
>>
>>87433558
Does it get air time during Halloween?
Does it get air time during Christmas?
There's your answer
>>
>>87433558
yep. but it can also be viewed for year-round enjoyment
>>
>>87433558
Both.
>>
>>87433558
It's a November movie. You watch it after Halloween has passed but is still fresh enough in everyones minds so that it leads you into the Christmas spirit.
>>
I choose neither because I'm personally sick of it and everyone shows it during halloween and christmas.

It's literally a "goth" christmas story, so in reality if I had to pick a stance it's going to be christmas since the major conflict of interest is christmas itself. It just happens the world that get's invovled in christmas was based on halloween and not some spooky goth spookems. When you label scary and spooky things as "halloween" it attracts normies and they aren't as scared by things. They think "Oh it's just in the fun of halloween haha! That's why they are so spooky! IT's all in good fun!" compared to a town of abominations that look awful, run down as shit and in every aspect of thinking just awful place to live if you didn't tag the term halloween on it.

But because it has a spooky cast of characters people see it more fit for halloween since they are the central show pieces and a majority face where while Christmas is the main plot driven point of the story, people are too stupid to realize it isn't really centered around the halloween spirit. They are the same assholes who think the special effects and CGI make a movie have worth. Superficial idiots who can't see the substance behind the face.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.