[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone told me that Gumball is targeted at little girls, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1280x720-312.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-312.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Someone told me that Gumball is targeted at little girls, and I have no idea if that's true but it got me wondering. What other cartoons are specifically intended for girls? I find I enjoy those more than the ones for boys.
>>
I guess there's obvious stuff like Barbie and most shows with a female protag. I get the feeling that the lines are really starting to blur on that thing though. More shows have girls being more than makeup and dating and guys who don't go spaghetti or "ew cooties" when talking to girls.
>>
>>87423670
Gumball is more gender neutral.
That fucking horse show is for little girls, though.
>>
>>87423670
Gumball? I don't know, maybe I'm stereotyping but that doesn't seem to have much that would specifically attract women to it.

Girl shows are stuff I think of like Steven Universe and to a lesser extent Adventure Time. Lots of important female characters who aren't shallow/1 dimensional and specific stuff like how the Gem race is all female and the genderswap episodes of Adventure Time.
>>
>>87424364
>Steven Universe

Steven Universe isn't a girls show any more than the fucking Powerpuff Girls were. Hell, it's even less of a girls show because it's got a male protagonist and deals with a lot of important gender-neutral issues.
>>
>>87423670
Is that supposed to be the cactus? I don't know about that one isn't she and the balloon suppose to be the lovey sorry couple. I could see that being more of the cloud, who is more stuck up.
>>
>>87424549
Female characters are like 80% of the main characters. Virtually every show has a male protag, that in no way stops something from being geared toward women.
>>
>>87424636
When you put an unnecessary label on a show you do it an injustice, particularly one as all-inclusive as Steven Universe. By calling it a girls show you undermine the idea that boys can enjoy it and learn anything from it, which I would say is absolutely false because young boys can learn more from Steven Universe than so-called "boys shows".
>>
>>87424549
>Steven Universe isn't a girls show any more than the fucking Powerpuff Girls were.

Not that poster but I always considered PPG a girl's show. I enjoyed it despite that.
>>
>>87424549
It's fairly gender neutral but since every moral is basically "peace,love, acceptance" and there's a lot of slow cutesy moments I'd say it does lean to a more female audience.

PPG in comparison is also gender neutral but I'd say it's slightly more likely to attract boys since every moral is basically just "punch it in the face".
>>
>>87425117
I was thinking in terms of it being targeted to girls since OP said that, and I think that fits for SU; targeting girls and getting them interested is totally one of the goals I think Sugar wanted.

That doesn't take away anything from boys or anything I feel, just states that it's a lot more for girls than the norm, I guess is what I'm getting at.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.