[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor Strange Screenplay by Alex Cox (1990)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: doctor-strange-1.jpg (2MB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
doctor-strange-1.jpg
2MB, 1600x800px
>http://www.alexcox.com/pdfs/DR_STRANGE.pdf
Anyone else read this? Would have been a fucking awesome movie if they'd made it.

>Doctor Strange living on earth on the verge of the millennium and total ecological collapse.
>Byron Mordo is head of a multinational company destroying the environment while paving a way for Dormammu.
>Demon servants Baal, Moloch, Beelzebub, and Asmodeus disguised as his lackies.
>A woman haunted by dreams of the coming cataclysm enlists Strange's help to avert disaster.

Give it a read if you have the time.
>>
>>87413193
That all sounds completely awful.
>>
>>87413193
>Byron Mordo is head of a multinational company destroying the environment
Nah
>>
>>87413215
>>87413226
It was the early 90s, it was of its time just like '89 Batman.
>>
>>87413193
Is that you Alex Cox?
>>
>>87413242
No, I just saw people linking it because of the new movie and I gave it a read.
>>
>>87413241
I actually like Batman 89, a couple problems notwithstanding. Making pre-acid bath Joker the killer of the Waynes honestly doesn't seem as big of a spit on the source material as making Mordo a business exec. and the rest of the movie took a lot of influences from Golden-age Batman.

This though, I'm reading it and its already making the mistake of trying to tie Strange's origins to Merlin, the most pedestrian and well-known magic ties they could come up with, the same thing they did with the Sorcerer's Apprentice. Strange is supposed to be eastern mythology in feel mixed with new-age mysticism, mixed with speculative science about alternate dimensions, and a healthy dose of Ditko zaniness, with some decent Lovecraft/Robert E Howard added later. Going "LOL, Merlin and Stonehenge" kind of misses the mark.
>>
>>87413366
Merlin doesn't figure into the story much, if anything it grabs from a variety of magical traditions. Celtic, Egyptian, Native American, Eastern, and Mordo still has the same backstory of being a student of the Ancient One. The executive guise is just for expediency's sake.
>>
Probably would have cost a shitload to make, what with all the special effects.
>>
It's funny how old superhero scripts often make the main villain the CEO of a evil Corporation.

>Mordo
>Reverse Flash
>Doctor Paycho
>Ares
>Magneto
>Electro
>>
>>87413193
>Byron Mordo
>>
>>87414113
Reflected anxieties of the time. You'd think it'd happen more today given all the shady shit tech companies do.
>>
>>87414135
"Baron" is outdated. Zemo and Mordo both lost their titles in the MCU.
>>
I read the whole thing now, actually pretty cool. Varied uses of magic, multiple mythologies melding together, skips the origin because who cares? Visuals on the page.sound cool.
>>
>>87414700
It's a real shame, titles in comic book character names always sound badass.

>Baron Zemo
>General Zod
>Captain America
>Captain Boomerang
>Count Vertigo
>>
I lost all hype i had for this thread after I read the greentext.

Good job, OP.
>>
>>87414113
It was the 80's; without CGI, a villain owning a multinational company was the easiest way to justify weird set pieces and gaining powers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.