[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it for artist to get into comic book industry? May

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1477239579424.png (33KB, 324x377px) Image search: [Google]
1477239579424.png
33KB, 324x377px
How hard is it for artist to get into comic book industry? May there be any factors that scare people off of drawing comics for money?
>>
Get gig at Comics Alliance and sooner or later Marvel will hire you.
>>
File: CvaePHeUAAAiVTR.jpg (122KB, 517x720px) Image search: [Google]
CvaePHeUAAAiVTR.jpg
122KB, 517x720px
Just do it.
Dillon did so and started doing comics professionally as a teen.
>>
Oh, It's this thread again, good because I have some fairly important questions:

1:HOW OR WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU LEARN HOW TO DRAW?
2: Can you learn how to draw being talentless but stubborn idiot?
3: Is it possible to learn all this drawfag stuff being over 18?
>>
For a start, don't turn away anybody who's interested in your portfolio.
>>
>>87394892
>>87394776
>>87394916
Thanks for your replies, guys, they helped although didn't really answer my questions xD
>>
File: 1363328409852.gif (20KB, 221x266px) Image search: [Google]
1363328409852.gif
20KB, 221x266px
>How hard is it for artist to get into comic book industry?
Getting into the industry depends on two things;
1. Being able to put out 20-22pgs every month, consistently on time
2. Knowing people and developing relationships with people who can vouch for and recommend you

I literally got into the industry myself just over a month ago. I'm drawing my first professional comic for BOOM atm, but got there through a recommendation and having tried out on a different BOOM book before.

>May there be any factors that scare people off of drawing comics for money?
A lot. The money is never great starting off, it's hard to keep working coming, it's time consuming and kills every ounce of your social life, you'll sleep less and have to put up with crazy deadlines, and your name might not even take off for some time

Are you in education OP? What is your drawing level at, and can you ink 2pgs a day?

>>87394894
>>>/ic/
>>
>are you in education
Yes, 12th grade of high school
>what is your drawing level
non existent
>can you ink
most certainly yes never tried it on my own drawings though
>>
>>87394751
>that pic
;_;
>>
>>87395164
Well if the answer was easy we'd all be doing.
>>
>>87395164
;'d
>>
I got into archie drawing sonic universe and it tooo me a year of back and forth emails with the editor doing tryout and test scripts before i got my first job. It just takes perserverence and the willingness to take criticism and actually improve.
>>
>>87395806
I have 4 pints of alchohol in me an 50 dollars aov barns and noble gift card. If your shit is good enough to make my pants explode, I wanna see it.
>>
>>87397097
Just looked up your stuff, nice. Like the watercolours. D'you wanna work exclusively on Sonic or what's your plans career-wise?

>>87397186
Only if you give me the gift card / enough money for four pints of booze
>>
>>87397247
I wanna do whatever i can to keep the lifestyle i have. Im gonna be reaching out for more jobs soon now that i have substantial body of work to stand on. Id love to be able to be in control of my own series and i have two webcomics im developing. Sonic is a great job though.

Minor tip: dont get into comics to "make money". Get into comics becuase youd rather do it than anything else. Its not the easiest lifestyle.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.