[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this have any build-up at all, or did Bendis just pull it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Civil_War_II.jpg (36KB, 250x380px) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War_II.jpg
36KB, 250x380px
Did this have any build-up at all, or did Bendis just pull it out of butt fuck nowhere?
>>
Most Marvel events are just "and then this happened" with maybe one or two lead in issues that are also part of the event.
>>
It had a mini event called Avengers Stand off.

Otherwise no. It was basically FUCK YOU, out of nowhere.
>>
Buttfuck nowhere. Alonso was proud they were able to shit out this dreck with 4 months of planning
>>
The Captain America Civil war movie. That's it really.

I remember at a panel I went to back in March where they were talking about Civil war II, and Bendis was talking about how people were complaining about synergy and said something like:
"Oh, you're just doing what the movies are doing. You mean the movie that's based on a comic book?"

And I couldn't help think about what a retarded argument that was.

Like, where else would the movies be getting their stories from?
>>
>>87392733
>It had a mini event called Avengers Stand off.
Nothing to do with it.
>>
>>87392691

There was a 0 issue and the main titles had "ROAD TO CIVIL WAR 2" on their covers. Not sure if many of them actually contributed.
>>
There were a few beats in Ultimates that segue fairly well into CWII, but otherwise, not really.
Unless of course you wanna be like the idiot I'm about to reply to and think that the Captain Keikaku idea didn't come after the fact of CW.
>>87392733
>standoff
>event of any kind

It's a crossover, you idiot newshit.
And it had nothing to do with CWII in the slightest.
>>
>>87393231
The Ironman issues only served to make Tony and Rhodey seem more like friends after years of them barely interacting.
>>
>>87392888
>Retard answer from Bendis
I'm not surprised
>>
>>87392727
You've really no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>87393315
>Ultimate segue
Not read much Carol, but was the "solve everything" mentality something that was set up the Ultimates? It felt kind of abrupt for me.
>>
>>87395771
The iso cube thingy which was the impetus for Thanos to attack in the first place.
>>
>>87392691
Alonso admitted it was nothing but a cash in to the Civil War movie
then Bendis and Brevoort tried to spin it as "this was always going to happen anyway" bullshit
>>
File: Ultimates (2015-) 007-005.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimates (2015-) 007-005.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>87395771
Yes, Galactus showed her all possible futures and most of them were bad ends.
>>
>>87392888
bendis-speak irl ? now that's a bit surprising
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.