[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Dragonlance_dvd_cover.jpg (29KB, 272x365px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonlance_dvd_cover.jpg
29KB, 272x365px
What went wrong?
>>
The source material is shit.
>>
File: fell__s_five_fv_by_yamao-d4fnr90.jpg (221KB, 754x1059px) Image search: [Google]
fell__s_five_fv_by_yamao-d4fnr90.jpg
221KB, 754x1059px
What went right?
>>
>>87390059
Dragonlance is with that weird hobbit thief race?
>>
File: KenderHate.png (2MB, 1986x1108px) Image search: [Google]
KenderHate.png
2MB, 1986x1108px
>>87390513
Yes.
>>
>>87390536
Kender deserved all that hate. Kender were nothing other than how most people had been ran their PC hafling characters--- annoying kleptos. Never understood how anyone in Table Top ever thought they were "original" or "fresh".
>>
>>87390618
>Never understood how anyone in Table Top ever thought they were "original" or "fresh"
Aren't they their own unique thing in folklore?
>>
>>87390536
Thanks, I know them only from that picture and /tg/ hate.
>>
>>87390638
Kender have no basis in folklore. The race description was based off of one guy's "endearing" playstyle, which led to a plague of them spreading across the entire genre
>>
>>87390710
As I said, it was how the vast majority of "halfing thieves" were played long before Dragonlance ever started to be written. That's from an old neckbeard.

The other crime of Dragonlance against table top was all the "Rasslin" clones it spawned. But any popular (mostly appropriate) fantasy does that.
>>
>>87390710
Huh, no wonder they always left a bad taste in my mouth.

BANNED FROM MY TABLE
>>
>>87390771
I didn't know there still existed tables where they weren't banned. People allow half-fae catboys before kender
>>
>>87390059
I have never read this,
But going by the cover it's biggest problem is that nobody is using a lance.
I mean not even the dragon, and it's named after him.
>>
>>87390059
Not live action.
Shitty animation straight from the late 70's- early 80's.
Even worst cgi.
>>
>>87390618
>implying any race in fantasy is interesting or fresh

Dude come on. Everyone basically now just copies Tolkien, and doesn't even try to be original.
>>
>>87390800
the lance is a mcguffin that they are searching for
>>
>>87390857
There's lots of interesting fantasy races out in fiction. Often most taken from actual folklore that most of the world doesn't know about, but if you aren't familiar with it, then its fresh to you.

But my point was that at least 90% of all players ran Halfling thieves like Kender before Dragonlance (the fiction) was even in development. That's why it was so unoriginal. It's like the chaotic psychotic characters. Just a common table top trope that many players all hit on independently.
>>
>>87390857
China Mievelle created original races for his Bas Lag series.
>>
>>87390059

Haven`t read the Comics.

That being said Dragonlance is the most generic and uninspired of all D&D settings.

Also it created the fucking Kender, a crime for which the authors will burn in hell.
>>
File: ThriKreenPair.png (318KB, 423x654px) Image search: [Google]
ThriKreenPair.png
318KB, 423x654px
>>87390857
Excuse me, I heard you talking shit
>>
>>87390384

Apparently the writer of this comic actually had played D&D sometime and had no delusions of being Tolkien reborn.

Its a fun book filled with the kinda crazy that pops up when you play RPGs.
>>
>>87390784
Is there actually a half-fae template? Link?
>>
>>87391023

http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/halffey.shtml

3.5 had templates for most everything.
>>
>>87390971

I miss Dark Sun.

They should make a comic about that setting.

In the middle of the third issue half the party thirsts to death and the other half gets eaten by a psionic cactus.
>>
>>87390969
That may be, but when Hickman and Weis decided to kill their universe it was one of the most interesting apocalypses I have read.
>>
>>87390384

John Rogers is one of my favorite comics writers. Wish he'd stop being so successful so that he'd be forced to write comics forever instead of working in television.
>>
File: DarkSunIantosTomb.jpg (73KB, 400x619px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSunIantosTomb.jpg
73KB, 400x619px
>>87391076
They did, never read it but heard it was so-so
>>
>>87390059
Its shit setting thats the problem
>>
>>87390059
The setting is retard and shitty
>>
>>87390059
So bad it's good.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.