[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 12

Now that the dust has settled
thoughts?
>>
>>87388535
Anytime I see a G35 now I just autistically shout
LOL A PURPLE LAMBORGHINI
>>
File: cheated.jpg (180KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
cheated.jpg
180KB, 666x666px
6/10
Not as scary as Heath.
Not as entertaining as Jack.

He could still be the best Joker ever considering the actor playing him but that would require having less retarded writers and editors and director.

Let's just hope the solo batfleck flick does a better job utilizing him.
> hire famous actor
> let him ham it up
> cut all his scenes
> director of FLASH movie jumps sinking ship

Warner Bros is a special brand of retarded.
I just want something GOOD to happen.
Just one good thing.
Thats it.
>>
Alright, for what time he was in the movie I enjoyed him. Fuck DAMAGED though, the other tatoos I was alright with (even liked the mouth one) but fuckin damaged
>>
I liked the film but I think part of it was the way the film felt so real and grounded to me because I recognised most of the locations.

Oh shi their helicopter went down...across from the bus terminal. Batman is on Joker's car...as he drives up and down Young St.
>>
>>87388535
It was a fine performance, but a terrible movie.
I think it was unfortunate.
>>
>>87388586
I wonder would he better Joker if he looked better.
>>
>>87388586

Joker should never have been in SS in the first place, putting harley in was a mistake. I understand she is the most popular character in SS history but being patient fleshing out Joker and harley in Batman and then introducing Harley to SS would have been much better
>>
I thought he was OK. didn't like the laugh.
>>
>>87388535
Maybe he should have appeared in his own movie instead of being used as bait to fill seats along with batman
>>
>>87389073

Harley hijacking Suicide Squad was the worst thing to happen to this franchise. Now DC won't dare publish a story with this team without having to shoehorn Harley into the story someway. I want off this wild ride.
>>
>>87388535
>Now that the dust has settled
How can the dust have settled if the full movie hasn't been released yet?
>>
>>87388535
Give him a better script and he'll be - great joker. He dressed cool like comic!joker and I dont mind the tatoos and grills

2bh, this is his only role that got me disappointed. He's a great actor. I think I'll give him a second chance.
>>
>>87389266
That only works if he isn't a supporting cast member
>>
File: 300_leonidas_sparta.jpg (79KB, 842x557px) Image search: [Google]
300_leonidas_sparta.jpg
79KB, 842x557px
Can someone please explain to me how a Batman who is willing to murder (or at least commit voluntary manslaughter against) low-level criminal thugs lets the man and woman WHO FUCKING MURDERED ROBIN walk around free and run a night club?
>>
>>87388535
test
>>
>>87389368
You're too dumb to get Snyder
>>
>>87389368
Because the jokers mom is named Martha. He never bothered to ask the thugs
>>
>>87389368
Because the suits said that a DC movie universe has to happen.
>>
>>87389368

My headcannon - Batman retired after that incident and tried to improve Gotham as Bruce. He comes back from retirement after Zod attacks Metropolis
>>
>>87388535
the only complaint I have is he didn't tell any jokes. He has the style, the look ( the tattoos grew on me) and the intimidation nut the lack of jokes is what's keeping him from being the GOAT Joker
>>
>>87388535
DAMAGED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie13dbqydTs
>>
>>87389092
He sounded like a stroken 87 year old getting a blowjob.
>>
>>87389368
The Joker hadn't escaped since the Zod incident.
>>
Legitimate garbage

You know its bad when even /tv/ hasn't made an "ironic" kinopost about Suicide Squad because there is honestly nothing of substance in it.
>>
I NEED A GANGSTA
>>
>>87389497
That's not your headcanon, that's the movie canon.

>>87389368
Batman didn't kill before the Kryptonian Invasion, you can see that in the SS flashbacks where he saves Harley from drowning and hands Deadshot to the GCPD.
>>
>>87389368
Superman and Zod's 9/11 made Batman go over the deep end and start killing people. After Doomsday was defeated and Superman died for our sins Batman came back to his senses and kinder old self.
>>
>>87388535
Solid performance as the Joker but shitty script made him into a shitty Joker
>>
>>87388535
Garbage joker, remove the clown makeup and it's just any old crazy gangster king character.
>>
>>87388535
boring and underwhelming
>>
>>87389780
THIS
It's literally spelled out in the movie. BvS, not SS.
>>
Not my preferred flavor of Joker, but a fine performance of it.
Leto's still a cunt who tried to use Ledger's death for publicity though.
>>
>>87388535

It was not a very good movie. I wouldn't even call it somewhat good.

And it wasn't bad enough to be enjoyable as absolute garbage, either. It was just bad. And that's terrible.
>>
>>87388535
>Now that the dust has settled
pls die OP
>>
File: hahnium-death-of-the-family.jpg (73KB, 565x894px) Image search: [Google]
hahnium-death-of-the-family.jpg
73KB, 565x894px
>>87388535
All you non-believers are in for such a treat.
>>
He didn't quite nail it vocally. I didn't really care for the laugh, and at times his vocal delivery sounded like he was trying to channel Ledger a little too hard.

Material was pretty shit, though. Can't decide what was worse, the cuck scene or when he started growling at that one dude.

Overall needs better script and direction, but has potential.
>>
>>87389749

you contradicted yourself, how can Batman have been active before the invasion when he was supposed to be retired as per movie canon. We know harley saving occured after Joker killing ribin because of joker's grill
>>
>>87390112

what is that supposed to be?
>>
>>87390075
I agree. Pretty disappointing that it still manages to be the best in the DCEU.
>>
>>87390145
Last page for death of the family.
>>
File: IMG_0535.png (176KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0535.png
176KB, 416x416px
>>87390127
HONKA HONKA
>>
>>87390137
Joker's teeth doesn't mean shit, he had the grill in the Arkham flashback when Harley was still Harleen, they didn't care about details.
>>
>>87389073
Sure but they are rushing things
>>
>>87388535
I just pirated it. It was mind-blowingly bad. I could deal with

>random unannounced flashbacks
>convoluted plot
>unexplained blinky bloatheads
>enchantress magically not needing her heart because of her brother
>entire character development rammed into once scene
>deus ex machina ending
>only two good characters, Smith's and Robbie's, getting a fraction of the screen time

But Leto's performance and cringy dialogue was too much

>would you die for me?
>yes
>*rolls back head*
>no, no, too easy. Would you live for me?
>>
>>87388535
I like Mr. Funny Meme Man.
>>
>>87390075
Better than the entire MCU. Glad that DC's worst title still blows Marvel out of the water.
>>
Let's wait until the movie is released in 2 weeks before we judge. So far we've only had the 130 minute preview.
>>
>>87390583
Oh fuck off. I'm a DCfag and even I realize how Marvel is making better films for the most part. A lot of them might be formulaic but they're still better compared to DC reaching for something higher only to fall flat on its face at every turn. Just give me one good film DC, and stop with the executive meddling.
>>
>>87390493
He also had damaged tattoo when Harley was rescued by batman, so it still confirms that was post robin killing
>>
>>87390564

Yeah, they just thought Harley is in nuSS so we can involve pull in cameos from Joker AND Batman for them naive normies during opening weekend
>>
>>87388535
Sometimes it felt like a real blockbuster that could have been great. Most of the time though it was cringy and mediocre. I still liked it better than BvS though. My distaste for it probably has a lot to do with the editing and the writers. It was an A list cast for the most part and it felt like they all could have done a great job. I'm sure it was the idiocy behind the scenes, not the actors.
>>
>>87390880
He had the tattoo before he escaped from Arkham too, the continuity is all over the place
>>
>>87390869
Marvel fan here; I converted after watching Man of Steel! Marvel can't even compete! The MCU is a mess compared to the DCEU.
>>
>>87390917

Which has to mean him being in Arkum then is also after robin killing.
>>
>>87390922
>this obvious bait
The fact that Man of Steel is the closest thing that has any semblance of coherence and artistry in its craft compared to the rest of the DCEU is just downright disappointing. I'll give you that Man of Steel outshines some of the MCU's offering but you know something's wrong when every new DCEU film just gets worse with each new entry.

>Marvel fan here
>I converted
Not much of a Marvel fan then huh?
>>
>>87390952
No, he killed Robin AFTER he escaped from Arkham
Harley was his partner during the murder of Robin, man, are you paying attention?

Either they didn't care enough for removing the tats and broken teeth for the Arkham scenes, or Ayer only came with the "Batman punched Jokers teeth out after he killed Robin and Joker got a tattoo in the forehead because he was upset" idea after the movie was done.
>>
>>87390922

Marvel movies >>87391007
>Either they didn't care enough for removing the tats and broken teeth for the Arkham scenes, or Ayer only came with the "Batman punched Jokers teeth out after he killed Robin and Joker got a tattoo in the forehead because he was upset" idea after the movie was done.

This makes more sense
>>
Honest to god the worst film I've ever seen (except maybe A Field in England, but that's shit for other reasons).

I think the film could've been salvageable if the team had been smaller. Consider GotG, I've never read the comics but I feel attached to the film versions of the characters because there weren't too many of them and they all had reasonable development through the film. Why the fuck were Croc, the solider twat, the spanish fireman with a terrible backstory, et al even involved?

The world-threatening villain was retarded as well. Harley's "power" is that she has a baseball bat and is attractive. The rest of them all had fairly street-level powers as well really. If Joker had been the main villain, it might've given Harley an actual reason for being there, and allowed Leto to show off his performance a bit more (you don't go method unless you give somewhat of a shit).
>>
>>87388535
They made the stakes too high. An ancient goddess that's going to destroy the world with generic sky lightning machine.

Joker should have been the villan they were sent after, it would make more sense and have a legit reason for such underpowered people on the team. Crazy chick with a baseball bat, Crazy guy who throws boomerangs, etc. are not the types you send up against a world-ending threat. You send them against another crazy person.
>>
>>87388535
start again

or just dump it

there is nothing they imagined using this character for that Harley would not now be better for, since she's the popular one
>>
File: 1469737604005.jpg (30KB, 625x380px) Image search: [Google]
1469737604005.jpg
30KB, 625x380px
I mean I don't think he was a joke of a Joker, you can see poor Leto trying his damn hardest to make a shitty character in a shitty script work, but he just had too many going against him. Jack and Ledger had good movies to encourage their performance. I think if Ledger and Leto switched movies and offered their exact same performance this board would have a much different opinion.
>>
>>87391509

I'm pretty sure some dumb WB exec at the top went the film needs to have a world ending threat
>>
>>87391083
>The world-threatening villain was retarded as well. Harley's "power" is that she has a baseball bat and is attractive. The rest of them all had fairly street-level powers as well really. If Joker had been the main villain, it might've given Harley an actual reason for being there, and allowed Leto to show off his performance a bit more (you don't go method unless you give somewhat of a shit).
They fucked this up because in the comics, the concept of Suicide Squad was more akin to the government undergoing black ops through the use of villains unlike the movie's reasoning of using them against Superman-tier threats (which makes no fucking sense at all unless you give Deadshot some Kryptonite bullet or some other contrived plot device).
>>
>>87391083
>Calls squad shit
>Calls a feild in england shit
>praises gotg
holy shit i think you're the biggest pleb on 4chan
>>
>>87388535
I really liked that idea someone had to base the Joker on David Bowie, especially because Jared Leto is a musician

But instead we got this POS
>>
File: bitch_what2.jpg (58KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
bitch_what2.jpg
58KB, 309x309px
Every scene with him in it was physically painful.
And his laugh sounded like Squidward's.

I accepted the fact that Joker was only going to get edgier after TDK, but fuck, at least attempt to pull off a half decent laugh.
>>
File: sppon satan.jpg (37KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
sppon satan.jpg
37KB, 360x479px
How does /co/ feel about Russian spoon satan?
>>
>>87391540
GotG is ok, pretty funny generally. A Field in England is so far up it's own arse I just can't enjoy it. SS is the worst film I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1470529872986.jpg (105KB, 712x624px) Image search: [Google]
1470529872986.jpg
105KB, 712x624px
>>87391634
>edgier
There's that word again.

Tell me again how "pyscho who wants his psycho girlfriend back" is edgier than "pyscho who wants to turn batman and the whole world psycho because being psycho is better than being apart of the system DUDE WEED"
>>
>>87390917
>>87390952
>>87391007
Ayer doesn't care about inconsistencies or plot holes like Snyder does. Snyder makes sure that everything is perfect in a meticulous and almost OCD way. That's why I love him: next-level directing destroys complaints because everything is perfect.
>>
>>87390996
It was a response to an obvious false flag. Look at him: "DC fan here but Marvel is better." Gee, not much of a DC fan is he? And no, the movies aren't bad. If they were then it wouldn't be bait.
>>
>>87391083
>Consider GotG
Opinion discarded. Oh who am I kidding, your opinion was discarded from the start. How much are they paying you? Can I get that job too?
>>
>>87391661
you're a fucking pleb, as i said before. kys.
>>
>>87389780
>Batman can now just flip flop on his no killing rule and murder guys by smashing their car or blowing them up but will stop punching some villain in future movies going "I won't kill you, that's not what I do...at the moment"
>>
>>87392184
No, getting mad at Superman and then getting unmad is a once in a lifetime event. It's a character arc that he went through.

If the Joker had shown up during his rampage and did the TDK "come on, hit me!" meme then this Batman would have done it.

>>87389780
>and kinder old self.
I'd argue that he's even nicer. It makes me wonder if he'll have contingency plans. It wouldn't make much sense now that his trust levels are off the charts. The only way it could work is if the League ASKED him to.
>>
>>87391926
Snyder must have cringed hard at the SS continuity then
>>
>>87392379
Probably. They should have let Snyder stop Ayer from doing that. I remember in one interview (can't seem to remember it right now but I might try to find it later), Snyder is asked a question about Krypton, specifically the Growth Codex. Snyder answerd for about ten minutes by making up a bunch of lore, which he then states that since he hasn't turned it into a movie yet "doesn't matter" because he could change it at any time. I think he does this a lot with the stories, trying to figure out the right way to show things without having plot holes.
>>
>>87388535
trying too hard
>>
>>87389574
did this cunt even see the film? he was never part of the team
>>
>>87392696
Based
>>
>>87388535
Good movie terribly edited.

Hoping there will be a director's cut version.
>>
>>87388535
would have been a better performance if he took that shit out of his mouth
no one is intimidating with a grill-induced lisp
>>
>>87391083
A Field In England the worst film you've ever seen? SHUT YOUR FILTHY WHORE MOUTH
>>87391540
THIS
>>
>>87392855
There is an extended edition coming in a few weeks.

whooping 10 minutes longer
>>
I don't even know why he is in the movie.

he has 5 minutes of screen time and does fuck all for the plot.
>>
>>87392917
Who cares, as long as it's cut differently and put together properly.

The entire beginning felt like an hour long trailer.
>>
>>87389013
All the tattos and the shit teeth need to go away.
>>
>>87388535

Just bad. Almost as bad as The Joker in the animated Young Justice series.

I'm okay with the visuals. Various "gangster" Jokers have been done before and done well. The acting was just shit and he was never actually funny.

He just came off as boring, lispy, and stoned.
>>
>>87392793
Found it.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/video/man-steel-live-q-204500533.html
19:00 for the question and the answer. First time seeing this interview in full, and it's got a lot of top quality content. Zack Snyder also says he's a fan of the character, so no one can meme and say he isn't.

"I always feel like 'oh it's cool if our mythology is kind of, bullet proof.'" I think he succeeded. I would definitely not be able to defend MoS and BvS to such an extent if he didn't care so much. Anyone who says he's style over substance is a liar.
>>
>>87388535
I believe the cardinal sin was that he wasn't funny. The only moments where he felt like Joker was with the exploding gift basket and having a blast shooting from the helicopter. Completely pointless having him in this movie. Not to mention seeing him go out of his way for Harley is fucking odd. He was just some weird asshole staring into space half the time.
>>
>>87394350
"Hunka hunka" was hilarious. "Don't want no beef! Don't want no beef!" was hilarious. "Ooh what does this do?" was hilarious.

There were a ton of Joker moments for such a short amount of time. The one thing I will agree with is the treatment of JokerxHarley. Originally he was supposed to push her into the chemicals, and push her out of the helicopter before it looked like there was damger. They changed it for normies who think JokerxHarley is "hot." Cash over integrity unfortunately. At least there's still Snyder.
>>
>>87388666
Really, anything else would have been better like another "hahaha" or "this side up". Or just leave his forehead alone altogether.
>>
>>87394571
>and push her out of the helicopter before it looked like there was damger

Why would he risk his life going into a supernatural war zone to rescue Harley just to toss her out of the copter for no reason? That wouldn't make sense, and it wouldn't be funny, either.
>>
>>87394656
I think they would have had an argument? It's unclear since it was cut from the movie. Hey, maybe it was a good choice. It's been a while since I've seen the "Joker deleted scenes" list.
>>
>>87394636
How about a tattoo with the original Joker symbol, to counteract Batman's symbols?

Or just a tattoo saying FOREHEAD
:^)
>>
>>87391266
To be fair they weren't sent in to fight demons, just to grab Waller and split. Hardly the dumbest thing in the movie.
>>
>>87394893
Regardless of what the original mission was, thats what it became. To plow through demons and save the world. I agree with that anon, it should have been smaller scale, and it should have focused more on them being villains/shitty people. WB is fucking retarded
>>
>>87391266
>>87394893
And also they weren't going to destroy the world, just rule it. They were trying to destroy the militaries first, and that would have taken forever anyway since they were doing it so slowly.
>>
>>87392767
He probably wrote it when the first trailers came out and didn't bother to rewrite when it was revealed that Joker wouldn't be part of the team. I still thought it was funny.
>>
I was entertained when he begged the black man to fuck his girlfriend.
>>
I don't see how this Joker could ever be a threat to this Batman
>>
>>87388535
I liked that they gave him a gang leader vibe, and Leto is a good actor, but this iteration of the joker was probably the worst yet. He was so goddamn terrible.
>>
>>87396016
He's not. He's never been (except for bad stories) and he never should be. The threat should be to the common man, and Batman should stop him near effortlessly.
>>
>>87388535
Entertaining - but not an earth shattering film.
SS would work as a TV series I think.
Good for popcorn and light entertainment.
>>
>>87388535
Literally EVERY impression of Joker is better than that. I mean, from comics to animation, games and movies - this is WORST. It's just some wannabee nu-male gangsta with retarded tatooes.
And Squad is generic shit. Just watch Batman: Assault on Arkham to see how to shoud be done properly.
>>
>>87396016
Which is fine and lends to why Batman wouldn't easily murder him. In this regard, TDK was the exception, not the rule for giving us a larger-than-life Joker.
>>
>>87396251
Itt:autism
>>
Mom didn't freak. She just got a little upset.
>>
>>87396768
Ayer is a hero that prevented moms everywhere from freaking. The only one who freaked was Jared Leto when his scenes were cut.
>>
>>87388535
I still think the tattoos are fucking retarded. But aesthetics aside, he did alright. He's not my favorite but he's acceptable.
>>
>>87396251
>Assault on Arkham
>how to shoud be done properly
Yeah, I bet you are this faggot here >>87363945
>>
>>87391540
>Can't argument
>Proceed to attack anon.
Let me guess, you think Leto's Joker was better than Ledger's just because it was "faithful"
>>
>>87391540
>>87396911
Same stupid faggot with horrible taste.
>>
>>87396922
no, ledger gave the better performance. Leto was just he better joker.

I dont really need an argument when he has taste that god awful, if you defend him you#re just as much of a pleb.

>>87396941
>>87396922
nice going anon, you also the same stupid faggot with horrible taste?
>>
File: Disgusting.png (75KB, 789x346px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.png
75KB, 789x346px
Leto joker a shit
>>
>>87397411
factually incorrect.
>>
>>87388535
I liked the part where it looked like he died but he just comes back. Like Silver Age Batman says, if you don't see the body you can't be sure that he's dead.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.