[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who got fucked hardest by the New 52?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Not including Wally

IMO it was Superboy

Let's recap a little, shall we?

>has his backstory Lobdell'd into incomprehensible bullshit
>Meaning of his name changed to 'abomination in the house of El
>Supergirl hates him, Superman doesn't give a shit
>Tronsuit
>Every second sentence he says involves "living weapon"
>Drawn into multiple shoddy crossovers
>Dies during one of them, not even his own book
>Superman STILL doesn't give a shit
>Cucked out of his own book by Jon Lane Kent
>Cucked literally by Tim Drake fucking Wonder Girl
>Becomes a ripoff Silver Surfer
>Literally the issue he is brought back to life fully the book is cancelled
>Reappears a few years later
>Is now apparently a murderer
>Superman STILL doesn't give a shit
>Martian Manhunter jobs to him
>Things seem to be improving, he was apparently framed.
>Goes to prison, about to fight Despero, and...
>LOBDELL BROUGHT IN AS CO-WRITER.
>HARVEST COMES BACK
>Apparently this was Harvest's plan all along!!
>Superboy confesses that he was a murderer all along.
>Says that he will always be a living weapon
>Flies into a wall and dies? Maybe? (seriously, what the fuck happened in that issue, can someone who understands help me)
>SUPERMAN STILL DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT
>Teen Titans comic moves on as though nothing happened
>Shortly afterwards, DC Rebirth announced, with advertisment showing what looks like Kon's silhouette in his original costume
>Turns out it was Jon White, the new Superboy, so
>Kenan Kong takes most of his gimmicks from the '90s
>Kon hasn't been seen since

The only other contender (Kon-tender? Heh) I can think of might be Bart Allen.

Who do you think was worst off? And do you think we'll see Kon again any time soon?
>>
>>87387918
the Question

superboy got screwed over before New 52
>>
>>87388020
>tfw he's Judas or whatever
>tfw Vic is some corrupt government goon
>tfw Montoya says "that is the question" in some recent comic
Wanna bet Rucka will write her Question Rebirth?
>>
>>87388060
I doubt it.
>>
>>87388020
Johns was at least enjoyable, just an annoying change
>>
>>87388020
The Lemire series before New 52 was good.
>>
Superboy's been fucked since the original crisis
>>
>>87388305
This. Byrne fucked over the complete Superfamily with his reboot and wanting to preserve Kal as the only Kryptonian.
>>
Fortunately with Superboy since he's already a clone it's pretty easy to sweep that garbage under the rug and start the character fresh.

Bart also has the benefit of the future fedora terrorist shit being a character who assumed the original's name, so some day he can come back properly.
>>
>>87388372
I honestly want Barr Torr to come back as the next Inertia
>>
>>87388372
But I don't want him to start fresh. I want him from Pre-Flashpoint, with all that history he had
Praying for YJ Rebirth
>>
Jesus, you guys, just read old comics, cherish them, and ignore the stuff you don't like.
>>
>>87388478
Cry harder, maybe Didio will have mercy.
>>
>>87388060
>We'll never get a Vic and Renee team-up Question Rebirth ongoing
ONE JOB, DC
ONE JOB
>>
>>87388060
Lobo and Question
>>
Plastic Man
>>
>>87387918
Alan Scott
>>
>>87388478
>>87388372

>Didio, caring about Young Justice after insulting PAD's work and getting it cancelled.

ayyyye lmao
>>
File: 1361673447891.jpg (908KB, 1224x792px) Image search: [Google]
1361673447891.jpg
908KB, 1224x792px
>>87389429
Nah, he got off pretty lightly all considered.
>>
>>87389429
All he got was a new origin, right? He was never seen again after that.
>>
>>87389465
Hell, the JSA in general

>here's a new Earth 2, the JSA lives here now
> They're all younger and have no history or families but that's ok right? Nobody wants to read about that shit anyway!
> I mean you'd all rather read about Superman and Batman anyway right? Not these other losers!
> So the book is going to star Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen for a while. Alan who?
> Clearly nobody cares about this Earth anyway, we're going to spend 40 issues killing it, and we're going to put out one of the worst things you'll ever read while we're doing it!
>Also it stars Superman, Batman, Supergirl, and Lois Lane and when anybody who used to star in this book shows up they'll be written like shit just for fun
>now we're going to put the same guy who already thoroughly ruined everything remotely good about this book on a new volume because FUCK YOU
>there are still so many Superman and Batman characters that this might as well be Action or Tec and the writing is still garbage
>but wait! There's a JSA teaser in Rebirth!
>but earth 2 is going to keep stinking up the room in the meantime
>enjoy Legends of Tomorrow, maybe we'll tell you more next year. Later suckers
>>
>>87390186
Earth 2 IS getting kind of a reboot, but It's still all the same garbage characters, expect huntress. She my waifu.
>>
>>87390230
He's just changing the setting back to something less shitty, all the other garbage is still there
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.