[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypercrisis general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 21

File: ultra.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
ultra.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Good afternoon (or whatever your local time may be) Co! I'd like to discuss with you all the joys that are the Hypercrisis. I've come recently to the conclusion that we are not Earth 33, but something /somewhere else entirely. Id like to hear some thoughts on that. Additionally, I'd like to discuss the role of ideas and archetypes in storytelling, and Harleyanon, if youre out there today, Id like to hear more of your story!
>>
>>87343032

Expand on your idea first.
>>
File: mapofmultiverse.jpg (887KB, 2400x1880px) Image search: [Google]
mapofmultiverse.jpg
887KB, 2400x1880px
>>87343074
i was already typing it up, friendo!

starting first, lets talk about dimensions, we are in the third, "they" are in the second, and the bleed, the space between space, is the fourth. now the problem with the map of the multiverse being on paper is that it not only takes out not just one, but two dimensions from it, making it unreliable. the map, in "reality" would fold in on itself in ways i cannot fully comprehend. not only would the multiverse take up infinite space but it would also only be the "size" of one universe, simply with multiple earths existing on top of eachother. of course i cant know for sure whether or not we're earth 33, but if we are, we'd have to be "far" from earth 0, or whatever the true prime earth is. given the existence of other multiverses, it is hard to say whether or not earth 0 would actually be the prime, frankly my theory is that we would be the prime earth, BUT, the way i see it, our earth, 33 or otherwise, would exist in sort of a shared space, like a ven diagram, between multiple local clusters
>>
File: Godhead-1-Source.jpg (273KB, 682x271px) Image search: [Google]
Godhead-1-Source.jpg
273KB, 682x271px
>>87343222
my theory as to not being thirty three comes from our location in relation to "non DC earths." as i see it, we would be on the cusp between multiple multiversal clusters, "closer" to the DC worlds perhaps, but "close" enough to others that we get run off from them as well. the discussion of ven diagrams brings me to the speed force wall, the barrier between things slower than light, and the light along with who knows what. I simply cannot believe that it is a literal barrier as depicted in the map, but more a current running through everything, as the speedforce is movement itself, the barrier would simply be a concept: 186,000 miles per second and beyond. Electrons are the closest thing i can think of that may come close, and even then they only graze it. the source wall on the other hand, is a more tricky concept. we have yet to find the end of our universe, and if our universe is truly infinite, then the source wall is, again, just a concept. the force needed to breach the fabric of our reality into another. Cern argued last year that they have seen particles slipping into our universe from others through tears in our reality, forbes says its bullshit, and nothing became of it since. however, just two days ago marked the 52nd week of the LHC Groups low spell on the stock market ;)
>>
File: hypercrisis reading.jpg (268KB, 1284x986px) Image search: [Google]
hypercrisis reading.jpg
268KB, 1284x986px
>>87343489
as for clusters themselves, theyre called clusters for a reason, they orbit. "our" multiverse orbits the house of heroes, cradled by the rocks of eternity and sivana, (the forces of good-evil/order-chaos) they say, what do others orbit? bringing up the rocks leads me to archetypes, its clear that everything is derivative, even batman is just a distillation of pulp, horror, thriller, spy heroes of the time. everything is of something else, jung said, and he was right, if this theory is at least, that the heroes are derivative of the gods of each multiverse, as are the villains. even the beings "beyond" the gods in the Overvoid (burbank/new york)
>>
>>87343489
>Electrons are the closest thing i can think of that may come close, and even then they only graze it.

We had a whole thread months back that compared the structure of the multiverse to electron orbitals within an atom. You're not too far off base.

So it sounds to me like you see our world as something like a covalent bond, where electrons (or worlds) are shared between atoms (the distinct Multiverses) and holds them together.

So we might be Earth 33 in the Multiverse-1 designation, but have a different position in another Multiverse.

Shit we might even make the comparison to metal complexes, where our Earth is ligated to many different multiverses.
>>
File: cytoskeletal fibres.jpg (281KB, 708x512px) Image search: [Google]
cytoskeletal fibres.jpg
281KB, 708x512px
>>87343610
harleyanon claims her earth and ours are merging together, ive seen the mandela effect brought up in previous threads as a potential result of this merger. what is unclear to me is whether the universes were tied before her trip, or if her crossing, our potentially first breach, is what did it. what is clear to me, however, is that there is what appears to two earths merging together on the map. what is also clear, is that this earth(s) is the "start" of the "track", the skeleton of the multiverse, that earths are sent on after theyre birthed before they ultimately find their place and settle. similar, in my view, to how vesicles carry things along the cytoskeleton. in our world, these other earths appear to exist 2 dimensionally and from our perspective, we create them before shuttling them along to settle. im not saying this is our earth or anything, but if harleyanon is to be believed, its where i would put my money.
>>
Daddy, what's Hypercrisis?
>>
File: DfOnxdP.jpg (242KB, 2000x2000px)
DfOnxdP.jpg
242KB, 2000x2000px
>>87343800
im still not sure how i see it, the multiverse doesnt appear to function like anything ive ever studied, but existing in the fourth dimension means it wouldnt. in such threads ive seen comparisons to the transition metals, but i didnt quite wrap my head around them. and we certainly have other designations for other multiverses, such as earth 1218 in mahvel. anyone have an update on the marvel multiverse map that kind anon was building.
>>87343937
everything that is, was, and ever will be anon
>>
>>87344003
>everything that is, was, and ever will be anon
Do I need drugs for this?
>>
>>87344035
it couldnt hurt, ive been trying to understand the science involved with the theories better and my sobriety has helped with that, but if my memory serves the anon who first stumbled upon it was trippin balls.

http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/442/397
heres an interesting read on it anon
>>
>>87344095
I have no idea what's going on, but I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere, might learn about this madness.
>>
File: nUD4b91.png (1MB, 1338x4386px) Image search: [Google]
nUD4b91.png
1MB, 1338x4386px
>>87344115
what ive learned is no one has any idea whats going on, especially in regards to this, it is happening all around us and we are simply peeking in.
>>
File: Hypercrisis_(1).jpg (139KB, 556x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hypercrisis_(1).jpg
139KB, 556x720px
>>87344147
>>
How do you anons think rebirth would factor in? wll, wat we know of rebirth so far
>>
Someone should make a pamphlet called "Hypercrisis - What does it mean for you?"
>>
>>87344441
what would it include?
gotta write a lab report, if other anons could bump/update id appreciate it, or not.
>>
>>87344517
Well basically what the concept means and where we, the common man, stand in this cosmic shenanigans.
And maybe some proselytizing, like making it a Chick tract.
>>
File: 1477694420739.jpg (2MB, 935x1695px) Image search: [Google]
1477694420739.jpg
2MB, 935x1695px
>>87344540
after i finish my report i may try my hand at making one, but it would need heavy editing, not very computor savvy
>>
>>87344540
also could you rec me some Chick, ive been meaning to get into his writing but ive just not
>>
>>87344747
This and the Galactus one were what I was thinking about when I said that. But it's fine, really.
>>87344770
There's really nothing to recommend, it's all the same shit that always ends with Faceless Jesus/God on his throne sending people to Hell.
I really liked the one where the godless minions of the Anti-Christ take over the world and Christianity becomes illegal.
>>
>>87344827
i've not seen the galactus one, the darkseid one is clearly Chick inspired from the few ones ive seen
>>
>>87344892
The Galactus one is basically the same thing, it's Reed Richards explaining to some kids they're completely fucked because the FF are so often away from Earth the chances of them being eaten is fairly high.
>>
There IS something happening with this Earth and how it connects to the multiverse(s).
In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's already happened, but the fruit of the event has yet to revealed. Give it time to grow and ripen. It will be revealed in time.
Earths operate on different timelines. Some, Like Earth 2 had their heroes appear early in the 20th century, Earth 1 had the heroes appear mid century. Some are yet to have it happen.
>>
>>87344035

I'm a complete straight-edge but I still get really into the Hypercrisis theorizing. Drugs are not necessary.

A good background in phenomenology, the sciences and religious studies helps a lot though.
>>
>>87344932
kek sounds grand.
>>87344936
SOMETHING is happening, ill agree, i just hope it doesnt end up we were earth fifty one and the "happening" is the great disaster.
anyone ever take the hypercrisis to /sci/? i know /x/ enjoys it.
>>
>>87344972
I have none of these things, I'm just a history student.
>>
>>87344987
Every Earth has to face it's own "Great Disaster" at some point in time. That's just the way the cosmos works.
But no. What's happening and what will be revealed is going to be wonderful
>>
>>87344307

I said this back when DCU Rebirth first came out earlier this year, but the DCU Multiverse tends to replicate aspects of itself when those parts are either removed from the continuity or made inaccessible.

The cities and characters taken from the previous continuities by Bleediac that factored into Convergence didn't disappear from the DCU entirely, but continued to exist in a different form following major changes to that continuity. Wally was a major exception to this as he was removed entirely from the post-Flashpoint timeline, but continued to exist in the Speed Force, outside of that timeline. Then when he comes back into continuity, he becomes something of a Schrodinger's Cat, both having always existed in post-Flashpoint (with the Titans' memories) with continuity established, and also existing only in the pre-Flashpoint continuity (classic Wally with all his experiences in those stories intact). Barry is also starting to get hit with this disparity, as being so deeply connected to the Speed Force like Wally, he has an avenue to recognize and remember information from the pre-Flashopint continuity before Manhattan fucked with it.

The other Titans only account for the disparity with Abra's meddling, but all he did was prevent Wally from being incorporated into the post-Flashpoint timeline, other larger changes were being manipulated by Manhattan.
>>
>>87344995

That's as good a start as any. I'm Catholic, and you'd be surprised how much theological philosophy fits in with some Hypercrisis concepts.
>>
>>87345097
thats the dream anon.
>>
File: Stan-Lee.jpg (138KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
Stan-Lee.jpg
138KB, 970x546px
So i've had a thought.

So you know how /co/ always jokes about Stan Lee being this soul sucking immortal? How he takes the lives of other people (some famous) to sustain his own? If that were somehow true, then what would be his endgame? Why hasn't he retired long ago and lived somewhere quiet like Ditko? Why is he still making those cameos, and appearances? Hell, why hasn't he died yet?

Well, let's think about one of Lee's (co-)creations for a second, Galactus.

Now I don't know much about the guy myself, but from what I've heard, Galactus consumes planets (or rather their life energy) to sustain himself, and that he has some sort of ultimate purpose in the Marvel universe, also that people see him as some sort of big bad evil guy, when he's more a neutral, "force of nature" type being. Not evil.

Compare this to Stan Lee. /co/dances around the idea that he has this dark need to keep himself from dying, to keep himself "full" with life. Evil.

But is he? Could it be that Stan Lee is trying to keep himself going in order to watch for something? Something he knew was going to affect the universe, and had dedicated the rest of his life preventing?

If the Hypercrisis is showing signs of happening, then what's holding it back so much?

tl;dr Stan Lee is preventing the Hypercrisis. Whether it's for good or for evil, i don't know.
>>
File: eAJWHka.gif (959KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
eAJWHka.gif
959KB, 450x254px
>>87345246

Galactus is a force of the universe necessary to main the process of death and rebirth. Without him we get the Cancerverse.

Holding off the Hypercrisis can be said to be the opposite, allowing the stagnation of our universe and preventing the truth of the cosmos from being revealed to us.
>>
>>87345246
Galactus eats worlds in the hopes that when his present universes seizes to be, he can make a new one.
Maybe Stan Lee devours the creators (Sources) so he can create anew. Your theory of him holding it back would imply that the creators were causing some sort of imbalance in reality by the simple act of creation.
>>
>>87345335
>>87345334
Perhaps Lee acts as an Anti-Galactus?
>>
>>87345487
Or maybe he's just a Talent-Vampire who needs the creative juices and inspiration of other people to prolong his existence.
Talent-Vampires sound like creatures Morrison could write.
>>
File: 4429368-untitled-1.jpg (123KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
4429368-untitled-1.jpg
123KB, 440x640px
>>87345100
well dubs confirm it to me, what you said in the first sentence resonated with me, their universe, like our earth and probably universe as a whole, is cyclical.
>>87345635
>time vampires
pic
>>
>>87345746
whoops misread talent as time, but hey vampires is vampires
>>
anyone in this thread been reading doom patrol and other young animal books?
>>
File: Marge.jpg (64KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
Marge.jpg
64KB, 674x960px
>January's Superman comic will go full Multiversity
>DC might use this opportunity to launch some Elseworlds-based monthlies

I'm stoked.
>>
>>87346012
Never read any Doom Patrol, period.
>>
>>87343032
Reminder that Christopher Reeve was born in 1952 and died at age 52.
>>
>>87346100

Don't forget Wally and pre-Flashpoint Superman are going to be meeting in an upcoming issue.
>>
>>87346120
firstly, you should correct that, secondly, curent run seems to be dealing with parallel earths? its hard to tell for me right now
>>
>>87346149
Is it too late to get off the ride?
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (97KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
97KB, 500x555px
>>87346149
sadness, but also hypercrisis.

>>87346173
no blue pill for this
>>
>>87346165
Where do I start?
>>
>>87346251

There's the original series, but most people will recommend Morrison's run. Both are good.
>>
>>87346269
I'll try the original first just to see some 60's goofiness.
>>
>>87346251
personally i would start from the very beginning, Moz' run may be more accessible though. wouldnt recommend starting with Way's current run, but working up to it instead i suppose.
>>
>>87344972
>phenomenology, the sciences and religious studies

Exclude the science and that list is correct
>>
>>87346312
Try a bit, then go to Morrison at issue 16 of the next volume.
>>
>>87346645
porque at issue 16 mi anonimo amigo
>>
>>87346505

Truth is truth. There is also the truth of how our universe is ordered and operates. In that cosmic order we find a reflection of other truths and gain a deeper understanding of our own place within its structure.

The universe is a created place that operates on physical laws laid down by a creator. Just as how you can tell the intended purpose of a piece of furniture, as well as some things about the carpenter by its shape, composition and style, we can know aspects of God and his intention for this universe by studying its order and composition. Understanding that, it is folly to ignore the physical and empirical entirely.
>>
>>87346950
But God is a man-made concept. If there is a God/gods responsible for our universe, this must be because they are writing stories about us even as we write about them.
LOOP
>>
>>87347001
>But God is a man-made concept.

We are made in God's image, not the reverse.

All truth reflects the higher purpose of the universe in union with God.
>>
>>87347058
But every god to ever exist has been invented by people.
>>
>>87347069

Certain concepts of God have fallen short of who He is, by the fact that we are limited mortals and parts of God's being will always be unknowable from that limited perspective. But every society has a concept that the universe has a higher purpose that encompasses and surpasses the simple physical world. It is that ontological concept, the striving to reach that highest ideal of goodness and truth, that reflects our understanding of God.

Morrison tries to ascribe that understanding of truth to some deep gnostic aspect of Humanity that can be reawakened to achieve the fullness of truth, but that's like unlocking a box with a crowbar that is contained within it. I'm totally on board with the Hypercrisis until that part.
>>
>>87347169
People often attribute anthropomorphic attributes to animals and forces of nature and are mistaken in doing so.
I think you calling "God" a "He" shows you're limited in your thinking. The idea of taking "goodness", a subjective, very human concept, and assuming higher forms of existence would care about our ideas of it beyond novelty shows this as well.
Although if beings exists above us are capable of creating worlds the same way we create fictional worlds, then our understanding of morality and any other such concept would of course be as flat and lacking in depth as those of fictional characters, though in that the limitations on us would be a reflection of the limitations of our creators' skills.
>>
>>87347169
have you ever read Jonathan Livingston Seagull? theres a quote from it that i dont remember perfectly, but the idea i got from it was that god isnt any being, but an idea of perfection for man to strive to achieve.
>>87347285
this anon gets it, though it could just be the same anon, who knows, but if there are god(s) they would exist fourth dimensionally, maybe fifth or sixth, looking down on us just as we look down on our two-dimensional creations.
>>
>>87347324
>Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Fucking love that book. Read it for the first time as a kid because my dad had it and it went so over my head.
>>
>>87347285
>I think you calling "God" a "He" shows you're limited in your thinking.

"He" can be used for indeterminate or unknown gender, silly. God is infinite and as both man and woman are made in his image, he would have aspects of both masculine and feminine sides of humanity.

If anything it sounds like you guys are limiting God by claiming that he is only a creation of our own consciousness.
>>
>>87347430
>God is infinite and as both man and woman are made in his image
I can buy this in so much as the male and female characters in a story are both the author's creations and shaped after what they view as these things as being.
>he would have aspects of both masculine and feminine sides of humanity.
Suppose this would make sense in the scenario that the divine is projected from the minds of both men and women, and in the scenario that both male and female forms are projected from the divine, but this of course would lead us to wonder as to what the manifestation of male and female in our world can tell us about the relations the divine has with these genders. To put it plainly, have men in general had the run over women in our society because God himself is pussywhipped and he seeks to use our world as escapism?
> limiting God by claiming that he is only a creation of our own consciousness
The human concepts are all creations of the human consciousness.
>>
>>87347594

We have the answer for that already. Men and women were created by God to model the perfected union and self-giving love that God shows us through their relations with each other. That relation became disordered following the Fall and expulsion from the garden of Eden.
>>
File: 1475772388861.jpg (131KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475772388861.jpg
131KB, 565x800px
Here's hoping the Hypercrisis will backfire and turn our world into a hellhole when the Source Wall finally breaks down.

Remember, we've already had horror clowns, a Poison Ivy and meme magic used for Trump's campaign. Grant Morrison is the architect of the world's demise, he's literally Satan.
>>
>>87347693
You'll have to pardon me for not taking Jewish myths as fact in this scenario, anon. Deist or pantheist concepts of God I'm willing to put up with, but even if many of the people who started up Capes were Jews, it doesn't mean I have to put up with this tomfoolery.
>>87347704
And don't forget Baneposting turning real and crashing a plane.
>>
>>87347704

The world's always been fucking crazy. Remember people have been predicting an imminent apocalypse for thousands of years. When the jews got kicked out of Jerusalem and the temple destroyed they thought it was over and the end times were on them. People during the fall of the Roman Empire, the Black Plague, y2k.

We just see the same sins and flaws of humanity played out again and again in different contexts and on different scales.
>>
>>87347761

Why do you accept Deistic or Pantheistic views of the world over Judeo-Christian worldviews? What makes them more plausible? The fact that they don't call for radical reexamination and repentence in your life?
>>
>>87347784
There's a clay tablet from Assyria that's like 3000 years old claiming the world was coming to an end because the young no longer respected their elders.
>>
>>87347784
Sounds like God's a really unoriginal story writer if he repeats the same shit over and over.
>>
>>87347825
I accept them because they're novel concepts that can be entertained as hypotheticals, where as actual religions are patently false in many of their claims and their gods are ACTUALLY man made constructs that have undergone radical changes, evolution and retcons.
>>87347829
God's ability to write stories could very well be limited by God's Editor who just wants the same old shit because it sells.
Or maybe there's been several Gods and that's the reason for the Mass Extinction Events, essentially crisis's to wipe out the old and start up something new under a different creative team.
>>
>>87347829

God continually recreates the universe and sustains it through his presence. Nothing exists unless he wills it.

Only humanity could find a way to get bored with it and fuck everything up.
>>
>>87347926
>pantheism
>novel concept

Excuse me

what
>>
>>87347825
personally, multiple gods has always made more sense to me than one above all, even the torah makes reference to other gods, and there have been too many retcons in the abrahamic religions for my taste.
>>87347829
just like us
>>
>>87347962
What, you don't think it's a neat little idea that doesn't actually mean anything?
>>87347934
If humanity has the power to fuck everything up, doesn't it then follow that God's power is limited by what we project it to be?
>>
>>87347704
I've always wanted to sell out my species to Darkseid. Maybe I can live long enough to do it.
>>
>>87348013
Darkseid will sit in your comfy chair, use your toilet without flushing and drink your beers.
>>
>>87348006

God allows us to fuck up. Salvation would be meaningless if we had no choice in the matter.
>>
>>87347934
>Only humanity could find a way to get bored with it and fuck everything up.
Okay, so I'm thinking this right:
52 different sigils made by different people each, with the intent to 'break down the Source Wall'.

Then we align these 52 sigils like the universes in the Multiversity guidebook, create a story around it to turn it into a hypersigil and we collectively jerk off to it/charge it within a 24-hour timespan.
>>
>>87348034
>implying Darkseid would deign to imbibe in anon's shitty beer
>>87348057
how would we go about that
>>
>>87347829
Sounds like the Big Two, doesn't it?
>>
>>87348006
If you're asking the fucking basic bitch, entry level philosophy 101 course question about the "problem of evil", then think about this. How can we learn or understand compassion if there were not evils and injustices that need to be addressed. We would just be creatures who don't understand what it means to empathize with someone, or understand what it means to build community with people of disparate backgrounds.
>>
>>87348151
Jokes on you, I don't have beer. I have an obsession with Reed's Ginger Brew though.
>>
>>87348151
How does /co/ usually get its collective efforts done? It might as well become a tumblr/Reddit project if you actually want to see it happen (even if /co/ is fucking tsundere for those).
>>
>>87348191
shits cash anon
>>
>>87347926
>maybe there's been several Gods and that's the reason for the Mass Extinction Events, essentially crisis's to wipe out the old and start up something new under a different creative team.
>You will never feel the salt of Dino earth being rebooted to human Earth
>>
>>87348205
i guess make a thread about it, organize and execute, and geeterdun.
>>
before this thread goes down id like to thank everyone for participating, i had fun.
>>
>>87348939

No problem, Hypercrisis threads don't always get huge amounts of new material, but they're always fun to participate in.
>>
>>87349034
i think as rebrith progresses dedicated anons will find new things, and even if they dont, all will be well
>>
>>87346312

The Doom Patrol in it's original incarnation is pretty interesting, reading it a team book but a different type than the teams which pre-date it, such as the JSA or the teams that initially came afterwards, such as the JLA and the Fantastic Four. The characters are really pretty interesing once you read a bit of the early run. You might check out your library or sites where you can download scans (which I'm pretty sure is all that exists of early Doom Patrol, except for say a Showcase compilation.
>>
>>87344441
Someone already did. It's 200 pages long. Here.

http://www83.zippyshare.com/v/ctnEXf83/file.html
>>
>>87343032
you remember harleyanon too ? i only know her from one post, does she frequently post here
>>
>>87349076
We have Wally meeting Superman, the Superman multiverse story, maybe the Rebirth holiday special to keep an eye on. Things are just keeping things warm for now.
>>
>>87347285
he argues that goodness, a human concept indeed, and humans as well are modeled and come from god himself. i kinda agree with this, god is probably this super objective in regards to people but can recognize the human definition of good and bad and wants us to do good
>>
>>87350173
not frequently, or at least, she doesnt reveal herself frequently. she posted last night or the night before in pseudohypercrisis thread where people were talking about the clowns, batmen, billionaire presidents, poison ivy seducing and luring men into self harm, and the whole south korea thing, but the thread pruned shortly after
>>
>>87350904
i remember the thread, haven't bothered with it much. either way real life batmen and clowns are ideas perpetrated by fiction so they're not really part of hypercrisis like baneposting was. what about irl poison ivy tho ? i haven't heard much about that
>>
>>87351004
i agree about the clowns and batmen teebeeaych. some chick in runsecape or somesuch lures lonely, gullible me into chatting with her and then convinces them to self harm on camera, give it a google, pretty neat stuff
>>
>>87351004

Online social media poster who calls herself "Poison Ivy" who's seduced then bullied men into suicide.
>>
>>87351077
Sounds like the clowns and batman. Just someone inspired by ideas.
>>
>>87351199
the name actually came from some movie, not the DC character, so maybe hyp rules apply
>>
>>87351199
i'm>>87351004 and that's what i thought about it at first. you wouldn't consider people dressing as batman hypercrisis no ? then what if these people start getting involved in vigilante-like activities, still no ? at first that's what i thought but that's exactly the essence of hypercrisis. fiction inspiring people to do things irl and eventually reality will unfold in such a way to reflect other aspects of the multiverse and dc world. so in essence people dressing as batman are the cause and the symptom will be hypercrisis.

also read up on quantum mechanics, especially the double slit experiment and its interpretation.
to summarise a bit i think we live in a reality which chooses its course based on how perceive it, and implicitly the people around us and ideas. the more we act and talk about the dc, the more it will manifest in our reality, at first on a quantum level and then slowly in big events and happenings
>>
>>87351354
in a previous thread there were talks of ideas like batman and the joker being representative of order and chaos in our world, an army of batmen and an army of killer clowns sounds a lot like expressions of order and chaos, though an army of untrained batmen is likely to be just as chaotic. ive been trying to read up on quantum mechanics, but im a bio guy not physics. are quantum computers an actual real thing because i truly cannot tell if theyre real or fictionalized.
>>
>>87351494
no they're not, i don't think we've built fully functioning quantum computers on par with actual computers. maybe we've tested the idea on a smaller and simpler scale, but this doesn't have anything to do with quantum computers. quantum computers are improperly named "quantum" computers, because they work with elements bigger than atoms, we can't measure and control ( properly ) smaller particles. i was mostly talking about the probabilistic nature of our universe. i'm going to use the schrodinger's cat example. until we mathematically map out our entire universe and decide that it 100% isn't the dc universe, or linked with it, it still is. there's a tiny probability that we do live in the dcu or something similar and we're unaware of it, that doesn't mean that this probablity will manifest, but it can manifest and some people are trying to make it happen because they think that this quantum probability can be influenced by human conciousness and action, and so far evidence says human thought can influence reality and probabilities. it's meme magic on a grand scale if you will
>>
>>87351698
isn't that the main theme of the doctor strange movie
>>
>>87351698
if the universe truly is infinite then by definition there are superheroes on a planet out there, no? atoms can only make up so many things in so much space, eventually everything is going to repeat, which is a proven fact somehow, so there is no reason for there not to be superheroes on some world out there
>>
>>87351879
yes, everything exists out there as a mathematical possiblity. there isn't even a point in talking about a multiverse, since it refers to endless possibilities. i do think that it exists, but then again we can't access it since our timeline is in constant flux, so functionally its better to think of our universe as a closed off timeline that's fluent, and ideas can be manifested into reality from this constant fluidity
>>
>>87351879

Space extends infinitely in all directions, as in it can expand infinitely following the Big Bang. However, our observation of that universe is necessarily limited, both by our technology and the speed of light itself. So the point is moot.

Just the same way, if we trace out the digits of Pi we could eventually find the entire Bible encoded in it, since it is infinite and thus contains infinite possibile combinations of numbers. However, the practical application of such a discovery is nil, and would require an amount of computing power that is impossible.
>>
>>87346012
Im reading all of em>>87349590
>>
>>87351996
>>87351955
you know i suppose youd be right, i think schrodingers cat would be the best analogy like you said, just like how wally west is now a schrodingers cat
>>
>>87351199
>>87351077
Fuck you asshats that take hypercrisis so seriously that those dont qualify. All hypercrisis is is ideas inspiring other ideas and us just noticing patterns in these ideas.

elitests ruin everything
>>
>>87351698
Of course quantum computers are real u know it all fuckface

http://www.sciencealert.com/google-s-quantum-computer-is-helping-us-understand-quantum-physics
>>
>>87352255

Stop projecting, man. My understanding of the Hypercrisis is pretty basic

>we read stories
>stories inspire us to change the way we see the world
>because of the changed worldview we act differently in accord with our we see the world now
>in doing so we make a change in the world around us

That's all the Hypercrisis is to me. So whenever we see fiction affecting how people see or act in the world, I see that as part of it.
>>
>>87352347
Exactly, i was arguing with those that discounted the clowns and the batman as not being HC
>>
>>87352385
anon's dont realize that hypercrisis is all that is.
>>
File: whoa.jpg (2MB, 3176x1462px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.jpg
2MB, 3176x1462px
>>
File: I02-21-multiverse4.jpg (38KB, 490x450px) Image search: [Google]
I02-21-multiverse4.jpg
38KB, 490x450px
how many anons, in this thread specifically, prefer the single earth model of the DCU over the multiverse?
>>
>>87352485
You mean post CoIE pre Infinite Crisis? It was alright. Plenty of good stories.
>>
>>87352485

Post-Crisis New Earth had lots of good stories, but I like the Multiverse better.
>>
I know it's distantly related to DC multiverse, but I've been trying to lock down the setting for my own fictional multiverse.

Each universe's sapient species (humans or human like) eventually spawns a subordinate universe, that replaces the current one, with a different set of physical law.

> Sci-Fi Dystopia gives birth to Eldritch Abomination filled modern universe
> horror filled modern universe gives birth to Hero universe
> Hero Universe will eventually give birth to purely magical Fantasy Universe
> Magical Universe will give birth to Utopia

My problem is I'm trying to follow the Fengshui/Wushu 5 elemental theory where
metal (sci fi) gives rise (collect dews/melts into) to water (eldritch abomination), which then gives birth to wood(comic book universe), then gives birth to fire(magic), then gives birth to earth(utopia).

But order of the universes feel unintuitive.
>>
File: Sad_Ride.png (141KB, 420x475px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Ride.png
141KB, 420x475px
>>87352485
>>87352530
>>87352549
>tfw all the wasted potential in Post-Final Crisis Pre-Flashpoint DC
>>
>>87352676
the multiverse was too weak from darkseids attack to produce anything worthwhile
>>
>>87352646

I like that it seems unintuitive, because too often we tend to fall back on 19th century concepts of social development that want to see human societies go from less ordered/less centralized to more highly ordered and centralized. So we've been kind of taught that it would naturally evolve from more primal, unorganized concepts (eldritch) into successive iterations becoming more organized until we get a utopia.

Which is complete bullshit and is based off of misunderstandings of how natural selection and evolution work.

I see your setting as each setting spawning something that is what it is not or what it lacks, circling inwards until it reaches that final state

>sci-fi concept is highly ordered and organized
>but spawns eldritch abominations Balrog-style by digging too deep into unlocking the energy of the universe
>Humans in the eldritch universe figure out how to utilize their power on a personal level to create champions which become superheroes
>this system of empowerment becomes systematic and those who are gifted with the power begin to rule over those who don't have it
>some sort of rebellion or other event happens to create a utopia by reconciling both sides

In this we also see how the settings flip between more chaotic and more ordered with each iteration.
>>
>>87352676
>the heroes succeeded in destroying Darkseid, but Mandrakk had drained too much of the universe's life and stories away

What if Manhattan did what he did to restructure the post-Flashpoint universe to try and rebuild it stronger?
>>
>>87352485

Multiverse is pointless because there are no regular comics that take place in a different universe. So for all practical purposes, there's only one DC universe. Any visit to a different one is a brief gimmick that won't last longer than one event, if even that.
>>
>>87352854
i agree with this, it will really just rely on how youre able to convey what he expressed
>>
>>87346150
Wait, which one?
>>
>>87354539
white
>>
>>87354593
I mean which issue
>>
>>87354615

I think it's in an upcoming issue of Titans. I forget which number it was solicited for.
>>
>>87346697
porque build walldo
>>
>>87352895
>Mandrakk
Educate me
>>
>>87358347
Which one?
>>
>>87358347

Evil vampire Monitor. Was killing the universe by sucking out the life-source of the worlds and their stories.

Superman punched him to death in Final Crisis.
>>
>>87348167
Those are just baseless assertions though.
>>
>>87348274
>nobody remembers the megafauna run except for when for the crossover when humans kill all the mammoths
Pearls before swine, man.
>>
>>87343032
I lied, this thread was just to get images for my reddit Hypercrisis thread
>>
>>87359860
I've been bamboozled!
>>
>>87343222
Seeing as how everything in the universe is in constant motion it doesn't make sense that universes themselves wouldn't be.
>>
>>87343489
What I don't get about the source wall is that it clearly has a top and bottom, so why can't you go over or under it? Or at least see what's beyond it.
>>
>>87360149
Maybe it just keeps stretching on forever if you try to do that.
>>
>>87359878
Don't forget to give me upvotes
>>
File: 1475914567137.jpg (2MB, 2061x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1475914567137.jpg
2MB, 2061x5000px
>>87343800
This is what you're talking about.
>>
>>87345746
I still think that Dr. Manhattan replicated himself to view the different Earths and one became corrupted like Mandrak, thus becoming Empty Hand.
>>
>>87360526
But how could it be corrupted?
>>
>>87360246
Man, all these numbers. Is there anything they can't do?
>>
>>87360246
I contributed to this thread and am happy my post lead to a discussion.
>>
>>87359860
Sorry we didn't have much to give you I guess. The really juicy threads are when we get into the gritty of the DC setting.
>>
>>87360647
I was this first one that posted on that thread and made the krypton/multiverse connection. I tried posting about it in other Hypercrisis threads but no one seemed interested. Glad I could help create such a great discussion.
>>
>>87360856
Oh. I was the one that mentioned that krypton was a noble gas
>>
>>87360617
How did Dax Novu become Mandrakk?
>>
>>87360647
I was psting tons in that thread. My posts are scattered across that image. It was fun as fuck.
>>
>>87360888
Oh cool, that was a great incite. I like how it factored into the qualities that make Superman super and the relationship of 7 and 8 in the multiverse.
>>
>>87360967
Yeah it was. I think the noble gas and the 7 and 8 numbers was what got me to digging and discover and post that Krypton-88 isotope with 52 neutrons and a half life of 2 hours 50 minutes.
>>
>>87361082
Man, I love Hypercrisis. I didn't even know Krypton was a real element so when I found out I decided to look it up and I immediately noticed it's similar structure to the DC multiverse, it even has the same color placement.
>>
>>87352646
Nuts to classic elements. Use the actual 17 elemental particles of the universe, like electricity and light.
>>
>>87361708
or maybe I should do one universe for each Trigram/Hexagram
I'm using classic chinese elments anyway, 17 particles is relatively new and kind of hard to base shit on.
>>
>>87343032
At a glance while scrolling I thought it was Captain Marvel and the latest CW2 cover
>>
>>87345246
>>87345334
>>87345335
>>87345487
wonder how Galactus becoming a Life Bringer factors into this?
>>
>>87361896
Did not Stan give life to Marvel? Are not all the worlds of sired by his seed?
>>
>>87360526
I think Empty Hand and Dr Manhattan are unrelated in that regard(Empty Hand is clearly a corrupted Ultra Comics), but I do think that Empty Hand is manipulating Dr Manhattan in secret, which is why Manhattan has been screwing with the DC universe
>>
>>87361896
One thing about Galactus I don't get is if he came from the universe before why are there multiple Galactuses across multiple universes? Did all the various universes in the multiverse have another universe before it with a Galactus that escaped or was there only one universe before that a bunch of Galactuses escaped from to various universes?
>>
>>87362044
If it happened once, why couldn't it happen again?
>>
>>87362060
Yeah but did it happen with several people in one previous universe or happen with the same guy in several previous universes? You're post does absolutely nothing to address my question in the slightest.
>>
>>87362091
>why couldn't it happen again
Was implying it was different people.
>>
>>87362135
Yeah no shit they are different people. I was asking about those different people.
>>
>>87361708
Does DC have people that represent physical forces? I know it was stuff for life and emotions and stuff like destiny but is there for light electricity and stuff?
>>
>>87352485

The multiverse is just far more interesting. That doesn't mean that the >>87352530 post CoIE pre IC DC comics books didn't have interesting or good stories, there's just so much more you can do with the concepts of AUs and time travel and parrallel universes, etc. than you can do in a single earth.
>>
So guys, from a hypercrisis-oriented perspective, what are your feelings on Rebirth?
>>
>>87363229
Single world DC had its fair share of that. Especially time travel, like that's when we got Booster Gold and Zero Hour. You didn't forget Zero Hour did you? People should never be allowed to forget Zero Hour.
>>
>>87363287
Johns made sure everyone forgot Zero Hour.
>>
>>87363287

No. I agree, although Booster was not the idea that he became in and post the weekly 52 series when Jurgens first thought him up. I can't even really re-read that first volume, yet find myself referring to the solo series and 52 all the time.

DC also didn't do as much with time travel as they could have, much less how easy it was to do trans-dimensional travel before.

>>87362314
I think anyone with powers such as Beast Boy, or Vixen, where they can channel or use nature/wild life, or someone like Reddy who can control one of the primal forces on the planet, such as wind, would represent physical power.

Are you thinking solely physical power represented naturally (holistically, I guess - meaning it's not something that arose from something like radiation, or something like what caused Firestorm to bond together)?
>>
>>87357184
/pol/ is that way, Goebbels.
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2973516/
>Killer Toon
>Popular horror web-comic artist Ji Yoon finds life imitating her own work when her publisher turns up dead in a way, precisely mirrors the images in her latest comic.
>>
>>87359860
THIS MAN IS A FARCE
>>
>>87362314
the red/green/clear/rot etc could be said to represent physical forces, life forces at the least, so it really would rely on where you define physical forces i guess
>>
>>87364776
Clear? Is that even still around anymore? When was it last mentioned and which life was that?
>>
>>87363262
i perfonally am not sure what to think yet, but some other anons had some nice insight above
>>87345100
>>
>>87364786
last time i remember it beign mentioned was either earth two with gay alan's boyfriend being that earths representative of the clear or in the futures end swamp thing issue, which touched on all the parliaments i believe.
>>87363361
has reddy ever been linked to the clear?
>>
>>87364786
oh, and its wind/air type shit
>>
>>87364786
>>87364801
Ok I googled it. I knew it as the Blue, and it was in the 90's but under the Vertigo run of Swamp Thing, and before Vertigo universe got merged with Earth 0. It was definitely not in Futures End or Soule's run so maybe it got lost and isn't part of the main DC world and was just in the Vertigo universe.
>>
>>87364815
oh heck, after reading your post i realized how much i am misremembering, the clear was wind shit in earth two, however prenu52 aquaman was linked to prime earth's clear for a bit, wasnt he? i would like the parliaments a bit more focus in the future.
>>
>>87364809
Wind and Air? In Vertigo it was water and Aquaman linked. Are you going by Earth 2 stuff? Earth 2 already established every universe has a different stuff. Like Earth 2 Grey is dead while Earth 0 Rot is dead and the Grey is fungi.
I'll keep this line of thinking with the Clear being Vertigo universes's water and ocean life and Earth 2 is wind and air.
>>87364833
It's no big deal. Parliaments are different across each universe so I think it can be easily explained away. No clear or blue in current Earth 0. Clear is in Earth 2 and Clear/Blue is in Vertigo, pre Flashpoint merge that is.
>>
>>87364855
has vertigo ever been one set universe? ive always read in sort of the same way as the pre-CoIE "universe" ya know? no real parameters
>>
>>87364864
Things like Preacher, 100 Bullets and Y: The Last Man don't seem to fit in any one universe.
>>
>>87364864
Vertigo is a can of worms. It's whatever it wants to be, which can mean things like Sandman work fine as part of DC but then gets a spinoff Lucifer which goes on to not fit well in the DC universe. And then in Flashpoint it ended saying Vertigo was a universe that then merged with Earth 0. Then you have Vertigo stuff like Preacher which definitely doesn't work within DC's setting.

It's a big giant grey area so tread carefully.
>>
>>87345128
Care to share a few examples?
>>
>>87364883
>>87364889
thats what i figured, thanks
>>
Bumpety-boo, the number or Earths is fifty-two!
>>
the american department of exterior has been investigating parallel earths
>>
has anyone here ever explored hylozoism
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.