[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it in bad taste?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 17

Was it in bad taste?
>>
>>87315241
No, he's a villain, she's a heroine, you're supposed to fear for her safety, it's a scene from the movie.

Feminists are fucking insane.
>>
>>87315253
In defense of the opposition, I can see why it comes off as sexual/provocative.

That being said, it's capeshit, so who cares?
>>
>>87315281
>I can see why it comes off as sexual/provocative

Bro, just because you immediatly link "choking women" with sex it doesn't mean everyone else does.
>>
>>87315241
I'M BLUE
>>
Sure, if you've lost complete touch with reality.
>>
>>87315296
DABA DEE
>>
>>87315294
You're on 4chan, you know for a fact everyone here does.
>>
>>87315241
No
>>
>>87315241
Nah. She chopped his neck open 5 seconds before this. You'd choke a bitch too.
>>
>>87315253

A poster just of a woman being strangled to death is weird.

It would be one thing if it had other things surrounding it and it wasn't just

>go see this movie to see JLaw be choked!

But having this thread here is pointless, all that's going to happen is the same stock responses.

>WHY DO YOU HATE ART WHY DO YOU WANT TO CENSOR ALL ART FOREVER
>THERE'S LITERALLY NO CONNOTATION WITH VIOLENCE WITH WOMAN, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO EVER THINK THAT WITHOUT BEING A DIRTY SJW

It's the same shit over and over. Apparently if you dislike this poster you agree with all of the ideology, because we all know human beings are machines who can only have one line of thought and if you ever have a dirty liberal opinion you're "The Enemy" forever and have to agree with every single opinion they have.
>>
>>87315309
DABA DAI
>>
>>87315314
>linking women with sex
>ever
Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>87315314
Hell no, asphyxiation is a shit fetish.
>>
>>87315385
DA BA DEEee
>>
It was very stupid, at least a lot of people got how stupid it was.
>>
>>87315374
>A poster just of a woman being strangled to death is weird.

It's the main villain strangling one of the heroes.

So I guess we can't ever make a poster where a female hero is getting attacked by a male villain.
>>
>>87315281
I don't think the controversy had anything to do with being provacative. There's nothing sexual about that. People just didn't like showing violence against women, especially when it's there precious princess Jlaw.
>>
>>87315475
They'd never make one with a man.
>>
>>87315475

>So I guess we can't ever make a poster where a female hero is getting attacked by a male villain.

Just once just one just ONCE it would be nice to have one of these threads that isn't "Jump To Conclusions" the entire fucking time?

You think you can do that, cupcake? Is it literally humanly possible to not jump to conclusions for 100 posts?
>>
File: Batman497.png (278KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
Batman497.png
278KB, 300x470px
>>87315503
Why would you think that?
>>
File: 250px-WWH_X-Men_01.jpg (34KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
250px-WWH_X-Men_01.jpg
34KB, 250x391px
>>87315503
Whatever you say.
>>
>>87315510

why don't you make an actual point then so no one has to guess
>>
>>87315510
How the fuck is he jumping to conclusions?
>>
File: 1468217672205.jpg (203KB, 381x424px) Image search: [Google]
1468217672205.jpg
203KB, 381x424px
>>87315374

And this, ladies and gents, is precisely this issue behind this poster. Studio releases an advertisement of the heroine character Mystique being beaten easily by the villain titular character and instead of seeing THAT, idiots like this see the actress being beaten easily by the actor. Which not only defeats the purpose of, you know, *acting*, it also goes to explain why the most vocal opponents of this poster were people who know jackshit about capeshit even by "casual" standards - people who literally can't see anything but the cast and not the movie they're behind.

No, the poster was not in bad taste. It's not the poster's fault that society looks at a picture of a grey immortal giant choking a blue mutant superhero (who drops men like flies and often exploits their sexual shortcomings, a feat that's integral to her powerset and her character - but whatever), and instead of seeing a hero vs. a villain they see a woman vs. a man. To say feminazis were out of line with this would be a laughable understatement.
>>
>>87315241
No. Feminists today are shadows of feminists of days past.
>>
>>87315541

Saying I think this specific poster is in poor taste is not the same thing as there should be no violence against women in any promo art ever.

Those are clearly two different statements. They are not the same thing no matter how much he wants them to be.
>>
Someone should of made a fake #chokeyourselfformystique campaign.
>>
>>87315576
>there should be no violence against women in any promo art ever.

You specifically may not be saying that but the majority of whiners certainly were. You may not realize this but this thread is about the outrage in general, not your specific opinion.
>>
>>87315576
>is not the same thing as there should be no violence against women in any promo art ever.

Oh please then, by all means, give me a "tasteful" example of violence against a female character.
>>
>>87315374
It does have other things surrounding it. There's a ruined city, ominous stormclouds, "X-Men APOCALYPSE", and "only the strong will survive". They probably went with Mystique because she's iconic and very alien-looking, so she'd grab attention more than someone like Xavier.
>>
>Propel Mystique to hero status
>Give her a leading hole
>Have her go up against (supposedly) unstoppable villain
>"That's TOO much, man!"

Okay
>>
>>87315374
>if people pigeonhole you into a specific ideology for disagreeing with you, they're bad
>also, everybody who disagrees with me is a pigeonholing ideologist
>>
It's in bad taste that they made Mystique such a prominent character in these movies.
>>
>>87315576

you have yet to explain what makes this particular act of violence uniquely bad compared to others.
>>
>>87315635
It's obvious why they did it. She sticks out in posters.
>>
>>87315241
Yes, having Jennifer Lawrence play Mystique was in bad taste.
>>
>>87315656
That manlet from Ex Machina as Apocalypse was a pretty bad idea too.
>>
>>87315635
I'd be fine with it if fame didn't go to JLaw's head and she phoned it in more and more with each movie.
>>
>>87315669
>That manlet from Ex Machina

wow kill urself
>>
>>87315671
I'd be fine with Hunger Games never existing but here we are
>>
>>87315669
>Not liking Oscar Isaac

Dude is a great actor, when he's not doing shitty hollywood crap.
>>
>>87315656
>>87315671

I really don't mind JLaw as mystique. I hate JLaw as her human disguises and the fact they they catered to her desire to not be in uniform as much as possible bothers me.
>>
>>87315690

he's pretty good in shitty hollywood crap too, easily the best part of TFA
>>
>>87315698
To be fair, they said it took like 12 hours to put all that make-up on. If I was an actor I wouldn't want to sit through that either. She's still a cunt though.
>>
File: CvnZP62UIAAvDl9.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
CvnZP62UIAAvDl9.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
>>87315690
>when he's not doing shitty hollywood crap.
>>
>>87315698
>her desire to not be in uniform as much as possible bothers me.
well, from to the other sideof the coin those costumes are fucking hard to wear and she is able to show her acting talent (if any) without it.
>>
>>87315746
>>87315735
Of course NOW it's an issue that an actor has to spend so much time in make up.
>>
>>87315735
>>87315746
>sign in contract to play blue woman character
>BUT I DUN WANNA GET PLAINTED BLUE THO"

Maybe she shouldn't have taken the role then? Oscar Isaac and Nightcrawler dude were blue the whole time.
>>
>>87315735
>>87315746
Didn't they find a way to make putting it on much easier?
>>
>>87315241

Yes, but that's not going to stop people here from bitching about women getting a bug up their cunts about it.
>>
>>87315783
>>87315781

what I don't understand is how it takes so long. They couldn't whip up a machine that just dunks her in a tank of blue paint?
>>
>>87315794
Supposedly she was allergic to the initial material they used, and they managed to find something new to use, but she still refused to wear it much.
>>
>>87315808

Painting isn't the issue; Mystique's "skin" had a texture to it, so they had to put patches of textured "skin" on her.
>>
>>87315828

why do that then? Comics mystique is just a blue chick
>>
>>87315410
So is scat
>>
>>87315828
Why did Singer want her skin to have scales anyway? To distract from her nude body?
>>
>>87315838
>>87315845

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>87315783
>>87315781
Well, when an employee can make a good job he can ask for better conditions for doing it.
>>
If only there had been some way from the get go to avoid painting her whole body.
>>
>>87315783
Nightcrawler was CGI half the time and Beast wasn't blue either yet no one complained about him.
>>
>>87315876

the naked aspect is the best part of the movie mystique, just get rid of the scales and build a huge tank full of paint to dunk the actress in
>>
>>87315897

Dude, what is with you and dunking women in tanks? Are you fuckin' Jigsaw or something?
>>
>>87315880
>Beast wasn't blue either yet no one complained about him

I remember people complaining about it in DOFP, dunno about Apocalypse though
>>
>>87315919

you got a better way to cover a woman in paint? If she complains it takes too long, that's an easy problem to solve. I guess you could spray her with a hose but that would be a lot messier.
>>
>>87315940

>you got a better way to cover a woman in paint?

Yes, do the whole spray-down thing like with spray-on tans and shit. You seem to have an obsession with trying to drown women and it's kinda creepy as fuck, yo.
>>
>>87315940
Give her clothes that cover her neck down, so you just need to paint her face
>>
>>87315241
Yeah in that you don't see many posters depicting a violent and intense act all while implying that the character is weak. Make that character a female being choked by a male and yeah it's kind of triggering. Not that I'm triggered, but if the question is "is it in poor taste" then yes it's distasteful because they knew someone is going to take issue with it but did it anyway. Is that a good way to be? Doesn't really matter unless you're trying to sell something.
>>
>>87315253
Isn't she supposed to be a villain?
>>
>>87316001
Yeah, you would think so, huh? Turns out she's a hero because they need Jennifer Lawrence for her star power.
>>
>>87316001
They turned Mystique a good guy in the movies.
>>
>>87316001

She did a Heel Face Turn in the Origins timeline.
>>
>>87315962
>You seem to have an obsession with trying to drown women

you don't?
>>
>>87315241
Funniest billboard I've seen in my left.
>>
>>87316063

I don't fantasize about killing women, no.
>>
>>87315241
Nah
>>
>>87316063
I wish that cuck would shut the fuck up.
>>
>>87315420
DABBA DIE
>>
File: 50shades.jpg (76KB, 625x619px) Image search: [Google]
50shades.jpg
76KB, 625x619px
>>87316077
>>
>>87315241
>#blulivesmatter
>>
File: MahFetish.jpg (97KB, 639x533px) Image search: [Google]
MahFetish.jpg
97KB, 639x533px
>>87315241
Mah Fetish
>>
>>87315725
I liked him, but Hux was the best, but that's cause he's the only one that got to /act/.
Amusingly, he was also in Ex Machina.
>>
>>87315241

It's a decidedly unusual choice for a billboard, Looking at comparable billboards for other cape movies, many don't feature villains at all, and those that do generally only show characters squaring off or engaged in some non-specific action, I can't find any others that feature the villain choking out a hero. I think it's a bit off-putting, personally. I'm not sure why you'd want to try to sell your movie that way. There are certainly other ways to show Apocalypse's power if you want to have him featured on a billboard.
>>
>>87316295
STOP CHOKING HER SHE'S TURNING BLUE!
>>
>>87316414
I skipped the movie, but I want to catch it on TV to see if there are any good blue-ass shots during that scene.
>>
>tfw I was sorta disappointed that Rose Mcgowen stopped getting work.
>then she pulls stunts like this
I hope that bitch is blacklisted. I don't want someone that crazy getting people to listen yo her.
>>
>>87316463
What did she do?

Last thing I saw her in was Deathproof. Which, she really must hate having been in considering the content of that movie.

Even if the movie ultimately was some real chick power shit, but oh well.
>>
>>87315241
It would have been less questionable if there were multiple adds that showed other X-Men getting beaten up by Apocalypse.
>>
>>87315845
She's not even nude in the comics. Singer is an odd man.
>>
>>87316599

Making her nude isn't odd, and it's something I applaud him for.
>>
>>87316599
Fuck off, feminist scum.
>>
>>87316599
Clothed Mystique is hotter anyway. X2 Mystique was pretty hot though.
>>
>>87315845
Because they wanted to make her more lizard and snake like. SHE'S LIKE A CHAMELEON BECAUSE SHE BLENDS IN, YA GEDDIT? That's the design philosophy they've used on Mystique since the first film,it's also the excuse they used for giving her enhanced agility and kung fu powers.
>>
>>87316599
She's nude because that makeup plus clothes do not mix. It just becomes jarring.
>>
File: MorganLily.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MorganLily.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>87315845
>Why did Singer want her skin to have scales anyway? To distract from her nude body?
>>
>>87315241

If he was choking a male character, would anyone care? No. because it's a villain choking a hero.

The problem is Sony caved in to delusional feminists.
>>
>>87315374
>A poster just of a woman being strangled to death is weird.

Yeah it would be weird if there was just a poster of a woman being choked and no indication that it is a part of a huge stupid blockbuster comic book movie, but the man and the woman he is choking on the poster are both gross blue monsters.

Jennifer Lawrence is/was the main box office pull for the movie, so obviously she would feature prominently in the promotional material, and they movie is about Apocalypse, so obviously they used the one moment in the film where she and Apocalypse are fighting. With the bad guy hurting the main attraction, it shows him not only as a big bad guy, but as a threat specifically to the star. It clearly portrays the act of choking her as a bad thing, it's the fact that he's doing this which makes the audience dislike Apocalypse. Like, "look at this scary asshole hurting a character played by that woman you like, you're gonna want to see him get taken down". That's how you market a movie like this.

If you see a picture of two monsters fighting as an advertisement for a goof action movie and you see sexist imagery, you need to stop a think about your priorities. What went so wrong in your life that you see any vaguely violent pose with any female and decide it is a sexist statement that encourages violence against any and all women? That's a fucked up way to think. It's not normal for thoughts of sexist abuse to be at the forefront of your mind before anything else.
>>
>>87317041
But she's kind of a grey character getting strangle by a large male and the text is implying that she's weak. Yeah, it raises an eyebrow because she's a woman.
>>
>>87318213
Not that guy, but doesn't that move her from heroine to dreaded damsel in distress territory?
>>
>>87315241
>mutie on mutie violence
I fail to see the problem.
>>
>>87318336
Not really unless you believe any instance of the hero not giving the villain the business is making them a damsel in distress.
>>
>>87315241
I can understand why people got upset by it.

I mean, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having this happen in the film, or even putting it in the trailer. But a poster of it with pretty much zero context (yes I know it's the villain choking the protagonist at the climax of the film, but a large set of the population doesn't know or care about the X-men films)

You can call me an SJW if you want, but domestic violence is a real thing that affects real people, and this image is evocative of those things.

Put whatever you want in a movie, but people are bombarded with ads like this just going about their day, it's not much to ask to have a little more sensitivity when dealing with them
>>
>>87318423
I think this just highlights how weird of a choice this is; if it were storm being choked while angrily summoning tornados and lighting at him, we get a feel for his power. Mystique doesn't have the means to fight back in this case and is powerless against him. It isn't a very powerful image and serves only to display the villain's cruelty and the danger that puts characters like her in then his power.
>>
>>87315475
>It's the main villain strangling one of the heroes.

Yeah but you'd need to have watched the movie to know that.

The people who complain about these things don't actually watch the movie or read the comic. They just complain that it's not for girls.
>>
>>87318285

So? Shit like that is on posters all the time for movies but nobody cares until a woman is being attacked by the VILLAIN.

It's like bad guys have to open doors for their female enemies. That'd be a great replacement poster. Sony should've been a dick.
>>
>>87318695
Nah that's dumb, SJW, guns affect people, bombings affect people, everything is possibly triggering to anyone if you go through the extremes to make it so. When you take one thing off the table you have to take it all off the table so all you'll get are maybe the title on a plain background but even then it might be too close to a conversation someone had with their dad before he beat the holy hell out of them.
>>
People were throwing bitchfits over smaller shit, so I don't see why anyone expected it to work out to be honest.
>>
>>87318789
>shit like this is on posters all the time
It's not a poster, it's a billboard. Please show me the other billboards like this, it should be hard.
>>
>>87315600
she's a hero, he's a villan. sometimes the hero gets their ass kicked. nothing wrong with that
>>
>>87318798
>guns affect people, bombings affect people

They do. Which is why I wouldn't advise a billboard add showing someone dead from a gunshot or a bombing.

It's a matter of degree, showing Apocalypse and Mystique in fighting poses or some shit, indicating their about to have a super hero battle would be totally without controversy, but showing a fairly realistic portrayal of violence (even if they are in blue body paint) is far more evocative.
>>
>>87318789
>Shit like that is on posters all the time for movies but nobody cares until a woman is being attacked by the VILLAIN

It really isn't. It's usually just characters looking serious or standing in a cool pose. I've never seen a billboard add remotely like this one.

Controversy or not, it's a weird way to advertise you're superhero movie
>>
>>87319203
Women in peril makes money because it brings out the protective instincts in men. Men in peril, no one gives a damn.
>>
>>87319238
>it brings out the protective instincts in men
I dunno, all it makes me feel is amusement by how pathetic women are.
>>
>>87319238
That's a weird point since this ad brought nothing but controversy and Apocalypse didn't do as well as its predecessor.

Anyway I'm still yet to see an ad like this, despite people ITT claiming it's perfectly normal.
>>
>>87319160
But you will advertise a gun being pointed at or fired in the direction of the viewer? Or a building being bombed? All events which can happen in real life and are situations viewers could've suffered through. The whole cry for sensitivity seems arbitrary at whose deemed the proper protected properties.
>>
Most women are too insecure.
>>
>>87319294
>That's a weird point since this ad brought nothing but controversy and Apocalypse didn't do as well as its predecessor.
Well most people aren't going to go "Actually I like this ad."
>Anyway I'm still yet to see an ad like this, despite people ITT claiming it's perfectly normal.
It's normal with horror movies. Then there's that iconic shot from Alien 3 where Ripley is terrified while that Alien's right next to her.
>>
>>87319383
>But you will advertise a gun being pointed at or fired in the direction of the viewer? Or a building being bombed?

Again, its a matter of degree. I don't think a gun being pointed is too far, but others might.

FWIW, you're far more likely to be a victim of domestic abuse in the US than you are to be shot or to be the victim of a terrorist attack.
>>
>>87319487
>Then there's that iconic shot from Alien 3 where Ripley is terrified while that Alien's right next to her

Was that on a billboard?
>>
>>
>>87319578
>>
File: 1424281443188.png (6KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1424281443188.png
6KB, 419x249px
>>87319544
>you're far more likely to be a victim of domestic abuse in the US than you are to be shot
>US
>anything more likely than to be shot
I don't think so, John.
>>
>>87319487
You're shying away from cape movies and billboards all together for some reason.
>>
>>87319440
Guess who they blame for that
>>
>>87319600
Hello Boner.
>>
>>87315241
Only if you are a retard who can't differentiate between reality and fiction.
>>
>>87319544
>I don't think a gun being pointed is too far but others might
And others might think a man choking a woman isn't too far.
>more likely to be a victim of domestic abuse in the US than you are to be shot or be the victim of a terrorist attack
So sensitivity doesn't matter for people are the victim of threats of gun violence or building explosions because there are more victims of domestic violence? Why should sensitivity towards domestic violence victims matter since you're more likely not to be abused?
>>
>>87319564
Posters, yes, billboard no.
>>87319640
Most cape movies don't have a female star to feature prominently on a billboard. There's this and the Avengers.
>>
>>87319708
>And others might think a man choking a woman isn't too far

Yes. I never said this poster should be banned by law. I just said I can see why it upset people, and I don't think its a bad thing for marketing people to exercise some sensitivity with these kinds of things (which for the most part they do anyway).

>So sensitivity doesn't matter for people are the victim of threats of gun violence or building explosions because there are more victims of domestic violence?
Never said those people don't matter, I'm just pointing out why some people might get more upset over A than they would over B or C.
>>
>>87319630
Okay, I take it back actually. I believe heart attacks from all those burgers claimed more lives.
>how to kill an American?
>ask them to do a simple cardio
>>
>>87319708
Not that guy again, but you're going down the path of arguing this to an absurd level where either you don't give a fuck about anyone or you live an impossibly inoffensive life.
>>
>>87315241
This is offensive to sjw but 4 female ghostbusters shooting a ghost in the dick is ok ?? Why are these people veing taken so seriously
>>
>>87319818
Okay then, my bad.
>>
>>87319807
>Posters, yes, billboard no

Fair, but I think a woman being vaguely threatened by a scary movie monster is less evocative than a realistic portrayal of a big man choking a small woman (albeit with blueberry people).

I'm sure today people might get upset about that Alien 3 poster, but I'd be less sympathetic about that than I am about this X-men thing
>>
>>87319863
What is this? Your comment is way to civil for a /co/ thread about people being offended. I think you might be confused.
>>
>>87319862
Did they shoot ghost dick on a movie billboard? That movie gets worse and worse each time I hear about it.
>>
>>87315241
No, but the movie was shit and they knew it so they just came up with an edgy billboard to get people talking.
>>
>>87319898
Must be a troll.
>>
>>87319807
I'd still argue the alien wasn't exactly a man so a part of the context that makes the billboard offensive is removed and the comparison isn't strong.
>>
>>87319859
Well duh, ultimately I think the extreme of being an inconsiderate dick could be better than a coddling pussy because at the very least the inconsiderate one isn't going out of their way to offend they're simply creating, Atleast some of them are I won't pretend edgy faggots don't exist. In the end it'd result in "this offends me, but the social climate of nobody giving a fuckonly leaves me with the recourse of not supporting it." The opposite end of the spectrum just leaves the creator constantly second guessing to create a safe product lest it be misconstrued and everything eclipsed by a shitstorm of the offended.
>>
>>87320132
You're being way too abstract all while ignoring the fact that no one is suggesting it's one or the other. Having manners and being familiar with the concept of respect doesn't automatically make you a beta male white knight cuck.
>>
Isn't it actually sexist to say that women aren't allowed to get hurt, but it's okay for men? Since it seems the main criticism of the billboard was that it was a woman being choked. Had it been a man, would anyone care? Is it not more egalitarian for all people, regardless of gender, to be BTFO'd the same?

Honestly, I hate that so much media treats women like they're precious glass mannequins that shouldn't even be pinched -- and anytime they do get in fights, it's only ever with other women or with male villains to illustrate just how evil they are. Where are my movies where the male hero actually beats up the female villain, instead of trying to convince them to become good despite the fact that they literally just blew up an orphanage?
>>
>>87320504
And just wanting to create without caring if someone can misconstrue it into something offensive doesn't make you a mannerless dick with no concept of respect.
>>
>>87320524
>Where are my movies where the male hero actually beats up the female villain, instead of trying to convince them to become good despite the fact that they literally just blew up an orphanage?
The first X-Men movie and Deadpool.
>>
>>87320637
Oh yeah, X-2 was especially fair in gruesome deaths for both the male and female villains. I don't know about Deadpool though. Like the male henchmen were sliced in half, had their heads chopped off, et cetera, while Angel Dust just got in a fist fight and got knocked out.
>>
>>87320579
Like I said, no one is suggesting one or the other.
>>
Where do you go from Logan? Do you just reboot and send X-23 back to an alternative past. I would be fine with that
>>
I didn't have a problem with the billboard but can you guys show me some billboards where the guy is put into a similar situation, it should be easy since it seems to happen ALLL the time according to yall.
>>
>>87320821
I'd like to see this too. Action movie men and women alike are pretty safe just looking heroic on billboards.
>>
>>87315241
>men are terrible. disembodiment. salt the earth they live on. fucking drag them out into the streets and kill them! feel their life slip away as you choke them and the ideals with them. If you don't start now you're part of the problem and deserve execution too!

feminism in 2 years.
>>
>>87320821
>>87320935
Would Max chained and muzzled to the hood of a truck count?
>>
>>87315253
But the poster is completely out of context, you wouldn't know that
>>
>>87315241
Yeah, the movie wasn't very good.
>>
>>87321107
Do you expect the big scary imposing guy standing in the middle of rubble choking a woman to be the hero?
>>
>>87321137
He'd be my hero, that's for sure.
>>
>>87321107

The X-Men logo is right next to it. Unless you've been living under a rock, you should know not to take it that seriously
>>
>>87316295
Her toe looks like a nip on a really low hanging boob.
>>
>>87316463
She stopped getting work because she had her face redone and it looks like shit.
She was beautiful until she did that, like Portia DeRossi.
>>
No, it's not their fault the common person is retarded, women especially.
>>
>>87316001
Not in apocalypse
>>
>>87315241
Yes, it was in fact in bad taste to make Jlaw the protagonist.
>>
>>87315241
>Was it in bad taste?

Making Mystique such a central character in the movie? Oh, absolutely.
>>
>>87315374
But both of the things you typed out in all caps to indicate that those stances are stupid are actually true. Here's your (you).

>>87315281
You might be horny. He doesn't have his dick out, its clearly a fight scene.
>That being said, it's capeshit, so who cares?
People who like capeshit.
>>
>>87320524
Say what you want about Die Hard 4, but it pulled no punches when it came to wrecking the main villain's henchwoman.
>>
>>87320524
Feminism isn't about equality, it's about women getting special treatment. They want equal rights, but not equal responsibilities.
>>
>>87317041
>Sony
Fox. But really what's the difference, they both suck at making movies that aren't named "Deadpool".
>>
>>87318698

Yeah, but also from a marketing standpoint, a new actress playing as Storm wouldn't be as recognizable, especially when she's not wearing her iconic uniform. Mystique has more or less looked the same since the beginning, so it's easier to recognize
>>
>>87321023

Glad to see that finally shut her up
>>
>>87324262
Warcraft did this well, too. There were female soldiers for both the humans and the orcs and they were slain in battle the same as the men.

>>87324343
You're kind of reaching here. There are definitely women who are trying to stop this portrayal. If at all, I'd say it's men who keep pushing this troupe. For example, "Jack the Giant Slayer" was supposed to have female giants in it as well, but the male director canned the idea because he "felt uncomfortable" seeing women die. Most media that depicts men getting BTFO'd, but not women, are directed and written by men.
>>
>>87318695

You're basically implying that, if you're a complete idiot who reacts before they think, you'd have a problem with this poster. And in that light, that's where the criticism from the outrage comes from. People who don't know shit about what they're complaining about don't deserve to be taken seriously
>>
>>87315253
The only problem I can see is that I can't remember the last time a male super hero was advertised as this.

Whether /co/ likes it or not but Jlaw Mystique was a misguided hero in this series.
>>
>>87326085

in Hardcore Henry a woman gets rekt at the end
>>
>>87315241
>The week should feer the strogn.
>>
>>87321023
It's a start. His situation here is a little too unique to be triggering.

>>87325916
HOW DARE YOU ASSUME OUR GENDER
Seriously though, why did it take so long to pull out one that least you'd consider a half decent example?
>>
>>87326154
They don't need to know anything about X-men to react to it.

They're reacting to the billboard itself, not the film.
>>
>>87326850
>His situation here is a little too unique to be triggering.

Yeah horse shit on that. If it was a woman chained and muzzled to the front of the car, people would be rioting.
>>
>>87324343
easy on the redpill buddy
>>
>>87315241
That scene wasn't in Bad Taste at all.
>>
>>87327658

It's true that you don't need to know anything to react. But don't be surprised when people call you an idiot for speaking before you think. Maybe it's just me, but I like to know at least a bit about what I'm angry about before I start talking

Not saying you specifically do this, just felt like saying 'you'
>>
>>87315425
Go back.
>>
>>87328012
With an intense and angry face with no male present? I don't think so.
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.