/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman: The Telltale Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

File: Batman-New-World-Order-7.jpg (70KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-New-World-Order-7.jpg
70KB, 800x450px
>You didn't protect him

Explain yourself.
>>
>>87296163
There should have been an option to have sex with him.
>>
>>87296163
But I did. Bros before hoes.
>>
Does he become Two-Face regardless?
>>
>>87296252
I imagine so?
It's Chekov's Harvey.
If you introduce Harvey Dent in a Bat story and he's not already Two Face, then he must become Two Face at some point.
>>
>>87296252

The story shows that he was already psychologically coming apart. Whether you save him wouldn't matter in the long run, since he'd likely become "Two-Face" even without the scarring.
>>
That's not a bad design.

Have any other villains been shown?
>>
I kind of want to believe that if you go out of your way to save Harvey like to the detriment of selina/bruce/gotham or batman's mission we'll be able to pull him back from the edge.
>>
>>87296407
you kidding? Harvey Dent looks like a fucking professional wrestler for some reason, still not as bad as the fucking nu-male twink they decided to use for the penguin
>>
>>87296447
What exactly from Telltale games brought you to thinking such radical plot changes are possible?
>>
>>87296163
Even if I do, he becomes Two-Face
>>
It's fitting. Telltale games are all about binary choices that result in bad ends no matter what you do.
>>
>>87296471
>for some reason

its called 'trying something different'

i know dcfags aren't familiar with the concept
>>
>>87296540
he's supposed to be a poltician/lawyer, there's no reason for him to look like he's on his way to elbow dropping someone off the top rope. The penguin redesign is just pandering to the Gotham TV show
>>
does he get his disfigured face if you dont save him in end of episode 2?
>>
>>87296407
Penguin, Blockbuster, Carmine Falcone, and Lady Arkham.
>>
But I did save him. That's why he's a lot nicer in the hospital, and apparently makes him pull himself together in the apartment.
>>
>>87296252
Technically speaking, he's still Harvey Dent.

He goes crazy either way, but he's a little less crazy if he isn't disfigured. Also whether you save him or not changes his opinion on Batman. He becomes a Batman zealot if you save him, he hates him if you don't.
>>
>>87296474
Kenny
>>
How does Two face's face not become infected?
>>
>>87296252
So far his dialogue is mostly the same with or without the scarring, he still becomes mayor whether or not his face being a giant gaping wound and he still starts the episode trying to be a nice guy but gradually developing multiple personality disorder, so even if you saved him, you're still getting B:TAS-style "big bad Harv"
>>
>>87296163
Easy explanation: I needed the bad pussy.

And Harvey is destined to go bad anyways.
>>
>>87296252
Kind of. He's definitely a less messed up version than if he's burned. I get the feeling we can steer him off the path, only because Telltale outright said we can prevent a villain.

It might be possible to do that even if he's burned, though. But it'd be harder. As in there will be multiple factors and choices that determine if he goes permanent Two-Face in the end.
>>
File: shitty mockup logo.png (10KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
shitty mockup logo.png
10KB, 320x224px
I have a near finalized draft of a Snatcher/Blade Runner-inspired Batman game with a ton of different branching paths and endings and, even as a humble person who is highly critical of his own writing, is already a hundred times better than this piece of shit. I knew I shouldn't expect anything ambitious from Telltale, aka "The Burger King Promotional Cup of Video Games", but I can't help but be disappointed.

Every once in awhile I post the script in the writefag threads if you wanna see proof
>>
>>87296474
Because they actually said you can save a villain this time.
>>
>>87296555
There's no reason he can't be large. He just looks like a huge frat boy jock, which doesn't exactly not work for the character.
>>
>>87296163
I don't know why the fact that his forehead isn't completely disfigured triggers me so much.
>>
>>87296873
I mean, completely half-disfigured.
>>
I'm more mad at the Vicki Vale revelation than anything else.
>>
>>87296908
Glad I'm not the only one who found that twist stupid.
>>
File: IMG_0851.jpg (43KB, 431x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
43KB, 431x283px
>>87296163

How come after massive success from their recent games and all sorts of improvements to graphics in games, Telltale graphics still have this gross, oily quality to them? I'm not someone who's super fixated on games having good graphics, but considering the main point of these games is to tell stories, the graphics should at least be a focus for the developers, or at the very least show SOME improvement overtime, they still look like they did back in TWD Season 1.
Also, I'm still upset at them for giving Sam & Max the shaft.
>>
>>87296908
Why? She's was a boring character anyway. I can't believe a lot of you were surprised about it. I thought it was obvious during the debate.
>>
Is is still possible that Bruce's father is being framed?
>>
File: ema.jpg (28KB, 265x294px) Image search: [Google]
ema.jpg
28KB, 265x294px
>>87296186
This. It's what I would have done if I were Bruce.
>>
>>87296855

Telltale says a lot of things.
>>
File: Selina has a cameltoe.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Selina has a cameltoe.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>defied Falcone by inviting Harvey
>provided Vicki with a quote about Wayne corruption
>broke sniper's arm
>gave Falcone data to Vicki police would get it anyway, that way the public would've turned against him as well
>impaled Falcone
>eased Falcone's pain with morphine a bit of guilt, I suppose, maybe part of me thought I went to fat to impale him on a spike, but then again, I play Batman like he gets off on it
>didn't tell Vicki about Montoya, even though ep3 said I did fuck you telltale fix that shit up
>tried to Kiss Selina seemed like the right thing to do in the rush of things
>visited Hill as Batman that was the best Batman scene easily so far
>continued to fund Harvey
>saved Harvey over Selina
>saved Harvey again over Montoya having Robin around would really help
>hit Oswald the line between Batman and Bruce begins to blur
>asked Lucius to remain at the company
>fucked Selina it's not like her and Harvey's relationship was going anywhere anyway
>didn't beat up Harvey do things even happen differently if he's proper Two Face?
I've got no regrets and intend to go full Goddamn Batman eventually.
>>
>>87297394
I doubt I'll get to fuck her, now. So... yeah, I'm pissed.
>>
>>87297467
It would feel cowardly by this point. Even Alfred admitted the Waynes were shady as hell.
>>
>>87298213
That's pathetic.
>>
File: The Man with the Dream.jpg (175KB, 1280x670px) Image search: [Google]
The Man with the Dream.jpg
175KB, 1280x670px
>>87296555
>>
>>87298242
90% of all players fucked Catwoman. That's what's pathetic.
>>
>>87298260
>choosing to fuck the closest thing to Batman's canon gf is pathetic
Yeah, right.
>>
>Going full Goddamn Batman

My man.
>>
>>87297467
I don't think he's being framed entirely, but I think he's less terrible than we're led to believe and something is getting lost in translation.
>>
>>87298181
>didn't beat up Harvey do things even happen differently if he's proper Two Face?

Not much. He's just anti-Batman, but the confrontation in the apartment is more or less the same.
>>
>>87298298
>>87298181
>>
>>87297716
They do but this is a pretty straightforward line. There's no other way to interpret it.

It's not as if having a choice between two outcomes is that hard. Especially since I get the feeling Batman is going to stand alone and not have a sequel.
>>
>>87298321
>Especially since I get the feeling Batman is going to stand alone and not have a sequel.

It's Batman, though. Out of all the franchises they've done, this one literally prints money.

For real, though, if they're not following up on the Marvel deal, I'd like to see them do another DC hero. Maybe Superman or Flash. They could even do Wonder Woman and do something with diplomacy.
>>
>>87297394
I though Vicki vale as a villain idea to be completely asinine.

There are other female villains they could have used.

But really? Vicki Vale?
>>
>>87298255
So two face is using Nano Machines?
>>
>>87298701
>There are other female villains they could have used.

It's supposed to be a surprise. Anyone would've suspected Pamela Isley, Harleen Quinzel, or even Talia. It's also supposed to reaffirm that this is a very different take on the Batman mythos.

Also, it's not like Vicki's a incredibly sacred character. Any Batman love interest that isn't Selina or Talia isn't that memorable.
>>
>>87296163
I've only TORRENTED Episode 1 and 2. I'm not paying for anymore Telltale games.
ONLY bought Wallace and Gromit along with Back to the Future. Fuck this inept fucking shit company.
>>
>>87296163

tt's so frustrating to realize that NONE OF YOUR CHOICES MATTER. I did do everything I could to help Harvey, though - But he doesn't seem any more stable even when his face isn't fucked up.
>>
>>87296674
I've got money on Lady Arkham being Bruce and Oswald's half sister. Oswald giving up that bit once she kicks him down in a later episode.

should have picked up something wasn't right with Vicky Vale at the park Batman
>>
>>87299704

I do like Penguin's new mask. But if we get the chance, I'm going to fuck his shit up so bad.
>>
>>87299741
she's going to beat the shit out of him before you can. Kid abandoned and raised in a asylum gonna have a lot of hate.

Like how Rey is going to heel turn in Episode 8
>>
>>87298181
>it's not like her and Harvey's relationship was going anywhere anyway
Not after she caught a wiff of that batdick in the general vacinity.

Now the name Helena has a ring to it and she doesn't really know why.
>>
>>87296471
Maybe because they don't like DC pushing insanity as a superpower and wanted Harvey to have something to be able and fight Batman?
>>
>>87296252
>Choices mattering
>In a tell-tale game

You're so cute.
>>
>>87299976
>Alfred and Harvey engaging in a shoot-out

Not gonna lie, I got hyped for that.
>>
File: The_Judge.png (85KB, 336x250px) Image search: [Google]
The_Judge.png
85KB, 336x250px
>Alternate personality suggests checkpoints, mandatory identifications and other police state ideas that stop criminals, idolizes Batman if he's not scarred.
>Implying he's not becoming the judge regardless.
>>
File: smooth moves.jpg (643KB, 1080x1074px) Image search: [Google]
smooth moves.jpg
643KB, 1080x1074px
I did, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>87298181
>provided Vicki with a quote about Wayne corruption
I was a massive asshole to Viki the entire time and after the reveal I was pretty pleased with myself.
>>
>>87296163
I did save him.

Somehow this Telltale game has gotten me to care more about Harvey than any other Batman media. I think it's because the voice actor did a pretty great job. He completely tugged at my protective instinct.
>>
>>87296186
There should have been an option to invite him to the BatCat party.
>>
>>87300773
I only stonewalled her to protect the GCPD, other than the evidence i've been nice to her, so in my game she's just a little bitch who can't take a rejected story.
>>
I saved Selina because she is perfect Catwoman.

Catwoman is best Batgirl

Laura Bailey is best voice actress

Impossible not to save
>>
>>87297394
Exactly. How does a basic bitch reporter get kung fu skills and Raul Julia's hoverboots from Street Fighter, and why would she give a fuck about the Waynes? Like, if she had a tragic "they fucked my parents over" backstory like Penguin does, it'd be something everyone already knows.
>>
Do choices actually matter in this game? I played the Walking Dead one ages ago and finding out nothing matters was a fucking bummer
>>
>>87299641
>fuck this inept company!!
>still plays their games
>>
>>87302412
Harvey apparently is less crazy at the apartment confrontation.
>>
>>87296163
Is the pussy lost if I did this?

It's not like I fancied her that much, but anyways...
>>
>>87303410
Nope
>>
>>87302946
Nah, he's pretty much the same amount of crazy.
>>
>>87297112
You think that's bad? The damn game is unoptimized for PC, so on my machine which can run Hitman Absolution with nary a hiccup, it's chugging and sputtering along when I run TTG's Batman.
>>
>>87303498
>playing vidya on PC

Everyone point and laugh
>>
>>87296315
Batman 89 is an exception so is it really a rule?
>>
>>87303454
I watched two different versions back to back. There's a difference in tone of voice for sure. It's clearer that Two-Face is more present if you don't save him.
>>
I wonder what it's like to play full on violent psycho Batman the whole way through.
>>
File: who judges the judgemen.png (487KB, 1195x900px) Image search: [Google]
who judges the judgemen.png
487KB, 1195x900px
>>87300217
Could he really? That would actually be kinda cool.
>>
>>87304701
Based on what I know about Telltale I'll bet it's exactly the same, only some people are more upset
>>
>>87304701
Nothing changes.

Telltale is all smoke and mirrors. Which is why their best game was Borderlands.
>>
>>87299681
Telltale games are about that glorious moment of deception where you are fooled into thinking your choices do matter.

And that is a beautiful lie I would gladly pay to own. Even for a little while.
>>
>>87304983
After Until Dawn I'm too spoiled to go back
>>
>>87302038
This is all stuff you can learn about in the last two episodes. Not every single answer can be handed to you ASAP. That's not how storytelling works.
>>
>>87302946
>>87303454
He's a little different when Bruce visits him. He pretty much stays Dent and doesn't break out his other voice until the very end, and only briefly, while scarred Dent is more irritable and breaks out into a whole argument with himself.
>>
>>87296163
I love this version of Harvey but I'm not big on the Penguin. But it seems like everyone loves him for some reason.
>>
>>87303498

Telltale needs to get their act together.
>>
>>87306479
He'd be fine as an OC or even Hush, since he sucks in the first place, but he just doesn't feel like Penguin at all. I'm too used to him being a fat, short goblin man.
>>
File: 3096747-warehouse_1920x1080.jpg (724KB, 1919x1075px) Image search: [Google]
3096747-warehouse_1920x1080.jpg
724KB, 1919x1075px
>>87306655
While I definitely agree with your sentiment towards the Penguin, I'm still pleasantly surprised that Telltale's version of Batman manages to feel like a fundamentally different incarnation of the character and setting more so than other iterations of Batman in media.

This Batman manages to strike a balance between Bruce and his alter ego in a way that I feel Christopher Nolan tried to hard to achieve. I also feel like this transition of Harvey to two face is one of the more organic (although rushed) origin stories. The fact that they are willing to have Harvey be public with his deformity while still being mayor was a great touch.

Penguin on the other hand would be better served as a new character entirely, that said I still feel like he's a worthy edition to the Telltale lore and I love his swarminess and outright stupidity that he's being played.
>>
>>87305862
What I'm saying is, I can't imagine that when we get the answer, it'll make sense.
>>
>>87296163
Because Tales from the Borderlands was Telltale's best game.
>>
>>87304750
I mean other than trying to stab Bruce for cucking him the alternate personality was suggesting ideas to ultimately create a crime-free city not become a mob boss. It's far fetched but it would be based if they went with it instead of having him outright become two face. And since people are assuming that no decision matters and they're going to head down the same path, both scarred and unscarred Harvey have potential to turn into the judge.
>>
>Gruesome electrical burns
>Still bone Selena
Oh Bruce.

Also, it was so hard not to rail at the press conference, did anyone actually do it and think it'll bear out better for them in the end? I kind of did it expecting that if we expose the Penguin in the end we'll be vindicated in the eyes of the public. Wayne Enterprises must be ours again
>>
>>87307907
That's one of those things that has no bearing on anything in Telltale games. If there's anything I learned from Telltale Game of Thrones, it's that there's no point in playing it safe in those scenes. Tying to be civil meant nothing and ended the same way a defiant playthrough .

It'll end up the same way so might as well go for it. They probably won't even recognize in more than just a clip that you attempted to expose Oz.
>>
>>87307907
I don't even think Bruce will get the company back right away. Even if Oswald is exposed, his family name is still tarnished. I could see them giving it to someone more trustworthy, like Lucius Fox.
>>
>>87307505
Eh. As Borderlands games go, it was middling. It has the worst depiction of Athena, a character I actually thought was impossible to ruin, and it has entirely too much Janey.
>>
>>Didn't invite Harvey to the meeting with the asshole he dragged to my party.
>>provided Vicki with a quote about Wayne corruption which in hindsight makes me look like an asshat.
>>broke sniper's arm.
>>gave Falcone data to Vicki
>>Brought in Falcone by the book.
>>eased Falcone's pain with morphine
>>didn't tell Vicki about Montoya, even though ep3 said I did fuck you telltale fix that shit up
>>Didn't try to kiss Selina gonna make that girl come to me
>>visited Hill as Bruce and threatened to throw his pansy ass out of his office.
>>continued to fund Harvey
>>saved Selina and may have created Two-Face
>>saved Montoya because I felt like she was in a more shit situation.
>>Didn't hit Oswald really regretted not doing this
>>asked Lucius to remain at the company
>>fucked Selina it's not like her and Harvey's relationship was going anywhere anyway
>>didn't beat up Harvey I'm not going to fuck the girl you're trying to get with then beat you down. That's cold.
>Went off script and gave dignified speech declaring I'm not my family name and Oswald is shit. No regrets.
>>
>>87299993
This. Choices do NOT matter in Tell-Tale games. Everything ends the same with a few superficial differences

>>87300217
>>87304750
>>87307858
I want him turning into The Jude to be an option.
>>
File: thatfuckingcat.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
thatfuckingcat.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
I did actually. I stood by him at all times, supported his every decision even when he said he'd have to distance himself from me. But.. just for a moment I lost sight of what was important and let myself get dragged down to the level of that fucking cat. If I didn't value the finale decision system I would go back.
>>
>didn't shake Falcone's hand
>left Harvey outside when Falcone came
>gave Vikki a quote
>didn't brutalize the sniper
>left Falcone hanging for the GCPD to pick up
>eased Falcone's pain
>didn't tell Vikki about Montoya though Alfred said I did
>tried kissing Selina
>saved Harvey
>rescued Harvey left Montoya hanging
>brutualized the dude that attacked Harvey
>Lucius stays at Wayne Enterprises
>fucked Selina
>didn't fight Harvey
>read the first line of the teleprompter then went off the rails
>>
>>87310152
>he hasnt finished TWD S2
>>
So what do you guys want to happen in the next episode?

I'm hoping we get meet Crane or Strange in Arkham.
>>
>>87310152
>This. Choices do NOT matter in Tell-Tale games. Everything ends the same with a few superficial differences

TWD S2 has like five endings, Anon.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.