[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: headlopper.jpg (165KB, 680x1055px) Image search: [Google]
headlopper.jpg
165KB, 680x1055px
Good fantasy comics? Preferably sword and sorcery types like pic related.
>>
Conan - anything from Roy Thomas if you'd like somethings old school. Kurt Busiek and Dark Horse releases in general if you want a more modern take on the character.

Rat Queens
Skullkickers
Pathfinder
Sojourn
Thorgal
Death Vigil
Ravine
>>
>>87259348
Forgot Demon Knights and Elfquest.
>>
>>87259348
Colossal Conan recently went out of print and I've been kicking myself for waiting to pick it up. The $100 or so pricetag seemed like a lot at the time and now it's upwards of $1000. Any chance it'll be reprinted?
>>
>>87259072
Conan the Barbarian (Marvel)
Savage Sword of Conan
Conan (Dark Horse)
Red Sonja (Marvel, Dynamite) avoid the Bennett run
Thorgal
Slaine
Bone
Prophet is like a crazy mix between Sword and Sorcery and Sci-Fi
>>
>>87259443
>Any chance it'll be reprinted?
Nope, Dark Horse is putting out thick paperback omnibus collections

https://www.amazon.com/Conan-Omnibus-1-Birth-Legend/dp/1506702821/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477526882&sr=8-1&keywords=Conan+omnibus
>>
>>87259443
I read digitally and I don't see the appeal of a 1200+ pages volume that is probably a nightmare ergonomically, so I have no idea.
>>
File: for some reason.jpg (639KB, 1308x1578px) Image search: [Google]
for some reason.jpg
639KB, 1308x1578px
Cerebus the Aardvark

It starts off as an unfunny parody of Conan the Barbarian, but it becomes a really great comic once Cerebus quits being a barbarian and runs for political office in his fantasy kingdom.
>>
File: Usagi04.jpg (360KB, 630x710px) Image search: [Google]
Usagi04.jpg
360KB, 630x710px
Does Usagi Yojimbo count as fantasy? It features demons and ghosts
>>
>>87259348
>Rat Queens

Nah, son.
>>
File: IDW D&D.jpg (88KB, 693x448px) Image search: [Google]
IDW D&D.jpg
88KB, 693x448px
The IDW D&D comics were true dwarven masterpieces.
>>
>>87260030
Why? It's basically Skullkickers with better art. Simple fun as S&S should be.
>>
>>87260689
It went to shit once the original artist left.
>>
>>87259072
The Masters of the Universe's mini comic collection by Dark Horse.

The He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Image Comics

He-Man, MOTU and The Eternity War by DC Comics.
>>
>>87260821
>mini comic collection by Dark Horse.
I was excited for that when I saw how much of that collection was Alfredo Alcala, I love his work on Swamp Thing. Then I realized that mini comics were just illustrations with text under them. Kind of a bummer
>>
File: danger-at-castle-grayskull-001.jpg (306KB, 1477x748px) Image search: [Google]
danger-at-castle-grayskull-001.jpg
306KB, 1477x748px
>>87260898
Only the first 4 mini comics by Alfredo had been created this way. The later Alcala's mini comics have the typical comic format.
>>
I realized IDW published collections of the early the Forgotten Realms, AD&D and Devil's Due's Drizzt series. Anyone read these? How do they hold up?
>>
>>87261114
Okay thanks! Digital previews only showed the early ones and at my LCS it was shrink wrapped so I couldn't flip through it

Dark Horse's next He-Man book is a full character and world guide. I would love to see something like this for TMNT

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506701426/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3NDOXERT9LFR1&coliid=I26RSKVYRVYBQX
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.