[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would they have to do to get you back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 1200x630bf.jpg (46KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1200x630bf.jpg
46KB, 1200x630px
What would they have to do to get you back?
>>
>>87249431
Nothing, I read marvel comics now.
>>
I mean they hate white, straight men as a rule so nothing really.
>>
>>87249431
>Somehow get Ellis to write another Nextwave centered around The Captain trying to find out the origin of his powers.
>Never let Bendis touch another event for as long as he continues to work there.
>>
>>87249431
Fire bendis and slott. Joe Kelly on Spider-man and Deadpool books. Hickman back on F4. Warren Ellis Moon Knight. Kill off the black chick trying to replace Tony Stark.
>>
>>87249431
Kill off Miles and restore Peter's marriage.
>>
>>87249431
I read their good books. If they want me to read Spider-man again, get Slott off the fucking book.
>>
Write good comics
>>
>>87249431
Bring back banner, give mjolnir back to the odinson, slow down on the sjw shenanigans
>>
>>87249431
add a X to that logo
>>
>Cut down on the events or at least make them interesting
>Get rid of Bendis
>Get rid of Slott
>Stop with the piss poor attempt at diversity
>Bring Nick Fury back
>Stop with the MCU synergy
>>
Nothing really, if they somehow pull off a Marvel rebirth i dont see self buying as much from them as i used too
>>
>>87249431
Make the X-Men a family again and bring back a real teen X-book.

Bring Pixie and Gambit back, not just a short mini or quick cameo.

Also bring Sage back, she's just kinda sitting in limbo seen Pak left her.
>>
>>87250031
Movie synergy means that the comics will always be pandering to the lowest common denominator. Are they doing it to attract casuals?
>>
>>87250340
See, this is another reason movies should try to be as faithful to the comics as possible. Less shuffling around and less people going "Wait, Thor's actually Jane Foster now, who has cancer and, oh, by the way, isn't a scientist too?"
>>
>>87249431

>Not having a 4 break out the different properties in the logo to include the FF

Fuck you Marvel
>>
>>87250031
>>Cut down on the events or at least make them interesting

This is really the right answer. I got really burned out on Marvel in the 2000s because of the constant events that made constantly fucked up the various series while getting shittier and shittier. I was happy for Secret Wars because it was a good point for me to drop Marvel all together.

>>Get rid of Slott

Slott gets more hate than he deserves here, but I do think it's time they let someone else take the reins with Spider-man. Slott's been on it since 2008 and running it since 2010. It's time to bring in some new blood and fresh talent.
>>
>>87250541
>Slott gets more hate than he deserves here,
This... I'm certain the people who hate Slott haven't even read the stuff he's written.

I do think a new writer is needed for Spider-Man though.
>>
>>87249431
In order of importance:
>Get rid of Slott and Bendis, or at least put them in a corner where they can't do any harm
>Stop the constant events and relaunches
>Cut prices
>Give Peter a new status quo that puts him back with MJ and doesn't make him Tony Stark Lite; maybe do a big storyline where he BTFO's Mephisto
>Bring back Bruce, Tony, Rhodey, and the various other characters they've killed off in the name of ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT
>Bring back the Fantastic Four
>Stop shitting on their older characters to big up their new ones
>Keep creating new characters and attempting to diversify storytelling, but do it well this time
>Give Carol to someone who'll actually write an interesting plot and make her importance feel earned
>Get rid of Jane-Thor, who's probably the most irritating Diversity Legacy
>Give Ironheart and Miles actual niches or let them fade quietly away
>Put Ewing on the main Avengers book

I'll keep reading their good books no matter what, but I think this is the basics of what they need to do to make Marvel good again.

>>87250031
>Bring Nick Fury back
I'd be content with them replacing Jr with his time travelling future counterpart, who actually looks and acts like his movie self. Write young Sam Jackson out somehow, and give us something close to the actual Ultimate Nick Fury. (I wouldn't say no to classic Nick coming back, I just hate Nick Jr.)
>>
>>87249431
fire Bendis, Slott, Leth, and Cain. no more relaunches. fewer events. better art.

get good writers with good artists and let the books run. no renumberings, no "this will change everything!", just tell good stories.
>>
>>87250788

Marvel has plenty of good artists, most of the current roster of artists were at Marvel 10-15 years ago.
>>
>>87249431

They never had me.

Only Marvel comic I was ever interested in was Ennis Punisher, and that was more because of Ennis than because of Punisher.
>>
>>87250681
I read Spider-Verse. Does that count?
>>
>>87249431
Fire Hopeless.
Undo everything he did.
Have Arcade die like a bitch. Then ban him from being resurrected for next 60 years.
>>
>>87249431
At this point, I don't even know, but not what they're doing. If they wanted to make it so there were more minority characters, they literally just wasted an opportunity to do so coming out of Secret Wars. They could have had Reed recreate the Marvel U with characters that used to be white as a more diverse blend of demographics. Then you wouldn't have two Caps, and two Spidey's and two Iron people running around. Right now, they're trying to have their cake and eat it too, and are trying to sync with the movies, while also producing a product that caters to existing fans, as well as alternative product that caters to new fans, or SJWs who just want something to cry at. As a result, everything feels bland and uninteresting. The one exception I'd make is the Ultimates, and they just closed shop on it.
>>
>>87251083
arenafag, will you ever not be salty
>>
>>87249431
nothing. im an avid fan of their books and movies
>>
I'm sure many people would find this all dramatic but

>fire almost everyone
>reboot spiderman/ FF/ and X-men
>No more heros v heros bullshit
>stop releasing new #1's every god damn 4 months
>if they use legacy characters, then they have to kill off the predecessor for at least 1year
>make cosmic a completely different branch of the company with little to no relation to the main universe, something like how vertigo was to DC in terms of relation
>Stop doing movie promotion arcs
>Stop the nonsensical and insulting SJW pandering and faux diversity
>Stop making decisions just to piss off your readers and generating pointless controversy just to sell issues
>bring down the price
>more star wars comics
>>
>>87249431
More sjw pandering to piss off the normie scum
>>
>>87250497
Dceu is soo ontop of that

MARTHAAAAA
>>
I still enjoy their movies, and I can still go read old books and enjoy them.

Off hand, Peter and Mary Jane married again (I'm excited for the Renew Your Vows series since the mini wasn't bad.).

No more Hydra Cap (I admit though, out of this, Superior Iron Man and Superior Spider-Man this is the best hero now villain story they've done of the three).

Cyclops on going.

Those three would get me buying books again.
>>
>>87251143
I willwhen Mettle and Juston are back,Jen is not fucktoy for hopeless' self insert and Nico doesn't vomit laser beams.
>>
>>87249431
Reset Spider-Man to Pre-OMD.
>>
>>87251083
I really want to see Captain Britain kill Arcade in cold blood. It'd be pottery, since Arcade debuted in Cap's first US comic issue, and there's no way that Brian would be murderously angry that Arcade killed kids from his school.
If he murdered Slaymaster, he can murder Arcade.
>>
>>87249431
Fire brevoort, slott, quesada, bendis and loeb
>>
>>87253539
>fire Loeb
Shit choice, the TV department is thriving under him and Wacker
>>
>>87249431
It's too late doubt they would revert everything and say it was "secret invasion 2".
RIP Marvel
>>
>>87249431

Lay off the fucking events. It's impossible to get invested in a status quo when it only lasts a year or two tops.

Cut back on the decompression. This ties into the above. It takes nearly half a year to tell ONE story.
>>
File: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_3_8.jpg (360KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_3_8.jpg
360KB, 900x1366px
>>87250541
>>87250541

>Slott gets more hate than he deserves here,

Slott get's exactly the hate he deserves. Even at his best he was boring as hell and at his worst he's running around killing off cartoon versions of characters from the 80s for edgy shock value.

He goes out of the way to kill the happy ending universe version of Peter created by the guy who gave him his job and not even for a real character arc. It got some throwaway bottom of the page panel line about REVENGE IS BAD, but a pig she barely talked too said he was proud of her.

And then when Defalco tried to make it look like it was MC2-B or something Slott's all NOPE I KILLED PETE THERE LOL. And again I stress Slott wouldn't have his job if not for Defalco.

So fuck Slott, Fuck Spiderverse and Fuck you
>>
>>87249480

This.

But then again the whole world hates straight white men.
>>
If they could make up their fucking mind whether they wanted to do all Legacy characters or not.

I'm tired of having 2 or more of every hero just for diviersities sake.
>>
>>87249431
Probably wait until you frogposting alt-right pricks lose your little election and go back to arguing among yourselves about who's to blame.
>>
Restore MAX imprint and keep it out of their Disney agenda.
>>
Nothing. I don't wanna be back.
>>
>>87256028
My salty brother from another mother.
>>
File: IMG_3870.jpg (39KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3870.jpg
39KB, 500x350px
>>87249431
More of that stupid, sexy HydraCap.
>>
Undo One More Day
Fire Bendis
Fire Slott
>>
>>87256441
Success breeds envy.
>>
>>87249431
Cut down on shitty events, put some effort into their books.
>>
>>87249431
nuke all post Civil War continuity
that would take of 90% of the character assasination that happened in the last 10 years
Give the MCU their own comic line so they stop fucking with 616
contain bendis to street and trow slott in the river
REMOVE INHUMAN, SEND THOSE TERIGEN ASSHOLES BACK TO SPACE
>>
the only marvel books i read: doctor strange, deadpool, daredevil, wolverine

these books also seem to never have anything to really do with the EVENTS. deadpool kind of does, but it's deadpool and it usually goes in a different direction.
>>
Nothing, I still have more Marvel on my pull list than I do any other company.
>>
>>87256028
Did he also get Exiles Miguel, or am I misremembering?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.