[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You think Spider-man's spider-sense prevents him from getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1473267986879.jpg (350KB, 908x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1473267986879.jpg
350KB, 908x1008px
You think Spider-man's spider-sense prevents him from getting food poisoning?

Pic unrelated.
>>
I thought spider sense only alerts him of Imminent Physical Danger,like a car or a bullet.
>>
>>87251296
naw, he has been shown to use it in decision making processes. it only goes haywire when its imminent danger
>>
File: 1473260735892.png (1MB, 1890x1460px) Image search: [Google]
1473260735892.png
1MB, 1890x1460px
Nowadays, depending on the writer, spider-sense will give Pete total clarity concerning the nature and procedence of the danger, or just a faint sensation of peril leaving Pete's enhanced senses and reflexes to avert the menace.

Originally, spider-sense was closer to that second case. Pete would percieve a threat but couldn't determine what was going to happen or where the attack was coming from.

In a poisoning scenario, spider-sense would probably be triggered but seing no apparent threat around, Pete might still consume the poisoned food or drink. It he was cunning enough to suspect the poisoning attempt, then he might walk away unharmed, yeah.

tl;dr: for the original Spider-Man, spider-sense would probably be alerted but it would be up to Peter to realise the food/drink was the threat.
>>
>>87252000
I hate how comic book writers feel the overwhelming need to explain and elaborate EVERYTHING and bog down simple concepts in oceans of convoluted autism

Nono, he doesn't just feel when something dangerous is about to happen, he gets his spider sense due to being the incarnation of the technobabble which keeps the whole multiverse together and being connected to destiny itself!

Jesus christ, and the original appeal of Spider-Man was being down to earth and relatable
>>
>>87249378
He's a spider, why would he fear poison?
>>
>>87253274
I sucks eating something good and you end up with bubble gut then either throwing up or getting the runs. Food poisoning sucks.
>>
>>87249378
It didnt warn him of that "special free toothpaste" Norman mailed to him. The toothpaste that ironically was given to him to nullify his spider sense
>>
>>87253829
But he's a spider so he should be immune to poison.
>>
>>87254234
he's a man with spider powers nigga, he even gets sick all the time. His body would just run through it faster. Do you not recall all the times he's been drugged By Norman and Kraven?
>>
>>87254234
Spider-man does sometimes have resistance to poison. I don't think he's ever had outright immunity, but he's definitely had an increased tolerance at some point.
>>
>>87253205
well, to be fair, it's always been precog bullshit
one can make it as much bullshit as they like

I actually liked the whole Spider-Totem thing that JMS got going.
You know... If it had actually ammounted to something
FUKKIN QUESADILLA
>>
>>87254234
>What is RAID
>>
File: .jpg (83KB, 580x892px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
83KB, 580x892px
>>87256667
baby don't hurt me
>>
>>87249378
Imagine if he's out web slinging or in the middle of a fight with someone like Doc Ock and he suddenly shits himself without warning.
>>
File: 1445499733711.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
1445499733711.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
Considering the effect of Parker Luck, I would assume he eats the food but then gets the spidey sense right before diarrhoea hits.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.