[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did Batman v Superman kill Superman for casuals or nah?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: images (5).jpg (79KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
79KB, 720x1080px
So did Batman v Superman kill Superman for casuals or nah?
>>
>>87231912
Like they fucking knew what they were doing
>>
File: 1477158863435.gif (54KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1477158863435.gif
54KB, 350x263px
>>87231912
Casuals hate Superman and these movies are not helping him gain love. It saddens me really, we live in an era where Ant-Man and GOTG are more loved and more hyped than Superman
>>
>>87231912
>>87232097
This

Casuals never liked Superman. At best, they thought his logo looked cool and knew him as a cultural icon. But Batman was always the more entertaining character, cartoon-wise and movie-wise. BvS just piled more dirt onto Superman's grave.
>>
There needs to be a movie where Superman does really nice things like visit hospitals to cheer up sick kids so that casuals feel bad for not liking him.
>>
>>87231912
It honestly killed both of them for me, if I didn't know these characters from comics and other stuff I wouldn't want anything to do with them
>>
File: reeeeeee.png (105KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.png
105KB, 500x422px
>>87231912
FUCK OFF AND KILL YOURSELVES.

Snyder is the next Kirby.

I dont care if the world doesnt like superman or if this kill him for normies, my taste is better than most of them anyway, and they can have their mindless blockbuster. They are the ones missing a cinematographic master peice.
>>
>>87232987
>>87232987

I would have to agree
>>
>>87233319
I know this is bait, but the movie is a 6/10 at most with some good scenes like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RynVyFzcis
and a 6/10 is not enough to make people like Superman
>>
Why would it kill Superman or Batman if both were fucking awesome in the movie?
>>
>>87231912
Well, Superman is above every single MCU character this and the past Helloween as a costume.

He in fact was barely above Captain america last year and now he jumped over 10 positions while cap went down.

So No op.
The autism of /co/ doesnt reflect what normies think, i know you confuse casuals and normies, after all, you are most likely a casual, but the most common normie complain about superman was that he needed more onscreen time.
>>
>>87234222
By this logic, Harley is much more popular and loved than Superman by fucking miles.
>>
>>87234272

Who said that?
The logic is that The movie improved Superman's image among normies this year, just like Harley's, while the MCU movies peaked a long time ago and won't improve the fame of the characters anymore.

The guardians of the galaxy are not more popular and antman isnt more liked, no matter how much you guys delude yourselves.
>>
>>87234272
>Harley is much more popular and loved than Superman by fucking miles.

Probably true at this particular cultural moment.
>>
>>87234347
>The logic is that The movie improved Superman's image among normies this year
No, the fuck it hasn't.
>>
>>87234222
But most Marvel characters were literally who by casuals and normies.

They went from 0 to 6, while Superman at best went 7 to 8, when it could have gone to 10. The MCU basically introduced new characters to the pop culture that were barely aknowldge, which is a bigger feat.

Its like saying that BvS was more suceful because it made more money, without considering that it underperfomed, and made much less than they thought that it could be.....even more because it is the 2 most iconic cape characters.
>>
File: caveman (1).png (28KB, 107x124px)
caveman (1).png
28KB, 107x124px
>>87234347
Not according to any audience score.

Not according to plenty of commentaries online.

Actually even WB is in panic because of that, and keep apologizing for the public and investidors, while taking Snyder power away from the universe, and giving it to Johns and Afleck.
>>
>>87231912
No, Superman for casuals will be back in the next movie.
>>
>>87234377
prove it hasnt
>>
>>87234377
>No, the fuck it hasn't.

That's your autistic opinion.
>But most Marvel characters were literally who by casuals and normies.
And they will be literally who's in 10 years again.

Normies forgot about red skull already same for well, pretty much all villians in marvel that are not loki.
>>
>>87234456
>Not according to any audience score.
so rottne tomatoes is your only indicator of whats popular? k

>Not according to plenty of commentaries online.
What commentaries are saying Superman is no longer popular with normies?

>Actually even WB is in panic because of that, and keep apologizing for the public and investidors, while taking Snyder power away from the universe, and giving it to Johns and Afleck.

They havent apologized anywhere for BvS, and they let Snyder still map out the rest of the universe and direct Justice League.

You are talking out of your ass.
>>
>>87234381
>Its like saying that BvS was more suceful because it made more money, without considering that it underperfomed, and made much less than they thought that it could be.....even more because it is the 2 most iconic cape characters.

Okay, show me where it says how much WB expected BvS to make.
>>
>>87234640
They dont want to include the money BvS merch moved, more than any marvel movie.
>>
>>87234678
even putting all that aside, it still made a really decent profit, and Marvelkeks are making up fake projections to say it underperformed with no proof
>>
>>87234556
>>87234599
I can promise you right now, there is not a single soul that suddenly became a fan of superman because of that movie. Maybe man of steel, but not a fuck in hell did batman vs. superman do anything for the character, whether you liked the movie or not.
>>
File: 1454778996278.jpg (22KB, 507x654px) Image search: [Google]
1454778996278.jpg
22KB, 507x654px
Dude, its like Snyderfags live in an alternate realitty apart from everybody esle.

How can someone suck the cock of a mediocre director so muck?
>>
>>87234802
Failing to make birrion dorru is why they gutted Suicide Squad and made sure the first Superfriends trailer was full of cringy quips.
>>
>>87234858
>but not a fuck in hell did batman vs. superman

You don't even know the name of the movie.
>>
>>87234945
Yes, and that doesnt mean the problem was superman
>>
>>87234877
objectivists just attract other objectivists, near as I can tell.
>>
>>87235019
>the movie was about objetivism

You dumbasses need to shut up, the movie is terrible, but stop the bullshit
>>
>>87234877
Snyder is obsessed with making perfect "moments" that when held on their own are memorable and cool. Think about how everyone knows "THIS IS SPARTA" and it's a cool clip even when totally divorced from the movie. That's what Snyder wants, a whole movie made up of THIS IS SPARTA moments, and the film as a whole suffers because every scene is a setup for the next big moment.

Some youtube faggot explained this perfectly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM

For some people this is enough to make a film a 10/10 masterpiece. For some this makes the movie suck. This is what people mean when they say Snyder wants to make Wagnerian opera, not action movies. It's a matter of opinion whether it works or not, or if it's even a good idea or not.

As for why so many snyderfags seem to be obnoxious pricks, that's because "dumbass that gets wowed by spectacle" is an easy persona to take when shitposting. I've never actually met a Snyder fan that acts like a whiny baby when someone disagrees with them.
>>
>>87231912
Superman Returns is what killed Superman.
>>
>>87232850
Not the worst idea. They already tried the "FEEL BAD FOR ME I'M A DEMIGOD AMONG MEN AND I'M SO LONELY IN THIS WORLD" angle. Going full glurge is the next logical step.

>>87234999
Nobody said that Superman was the problem, quite the opposite. That BvS failed to help the character's reputation.
>>
>>87234877
Funny enough is that a good portion of /tv/ is starting to get sick of the DCEU is good meme
>>
>>87234945
>cringy quips

lol k
>>
File: powers2.jpg (14KB, 350x271px) Image search: [Google]
powers2.jpg
14KB, 350x271px
>>87235172
It tried to. Say what you will about Snyder, but at least his vision is consistent. It's not what many want, but at least we know WHAT he wants.

Superman Returns was a fucking mess. It's almost like Singer wanted to make some movie starring Kate Bosworth as a single mom...and it somehow mutated into a Superman project.

So many of the ideas are half-baked as fuck, like...

>Supes has been gone for 5 years and "the world has moved on, and doesn't need a Superman"
>Supes shows back up and immediately the media and public is on his dick, asking where he's been
>Literally the only person mad at him is Lois, who he left with a bastard, but her perspective is reality
>>
>>87235862

People complain about Man of Steel and Batman v Superman having obnoxious Christian imagery and allegories, but Superman Returns actually made me mad about it.

It's like Bryan Singer wanted to make a Passion of Christ movie and couldn't, so he decided to re-purpose Superman Returns into it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.