[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to a preview screening. It's shit. Probably the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: Doctor_Strange_poster.jpg (109KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Strange_poster.jpg
109KB, 259x384px
Went to a preview screening.

It's shit. Probably the worst Marvel Studios movie, by a fairly significant margin. It's Green Lantern-level bad. Great visuals, but last time I checked, bad visuals can't save a terrible story, or are we going to re-evaluate Final Fantasy Kingsglaive as a masterpiece all of a sudden?
>>
>>87230713

>bad visuals can't save a terrible story

My autism is showing. I obviously meant "good visuals" there.
>>
>>87230713
nice try DCuck but this is the best mcu movie yet

three words: hella f*cking epic
>>
such an in depth opinion, I'm totally not going to see it now
>>
Every critic is already so deep into disney's bribery that his movie is a scandal waiting to happen.

Its a horrible movie but seeing how the media will be praising it makes you really sick of the entire industry.

Dont watch it. Save your money for the Suicide Squad Extended Edition BluRay coming in December
>>
Saw a early screening tonight, comparing this movie with Green Lantern is the biggest faggotry
>>
Remember you're a racist if you go see this movie, but it's okay if you pirate it to fight the system!!
>>
>>87231139
this

It can be bad but I doubt it's Green Lantern bad
>>
Well now I feel justified going to see the movie high.
>>
>>87231139

>completely superfluous romance plot
>dialogue so corny you could serve it on the cob
>constant "jokes" every 5 seconds
>boring shitty villain that's just a pawn for a characterless CGI monster

nope, no similarities to Green Lantern whatsoever
>>
>>87230713
It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops. Once again confirming why the man-children who still read comic books are barely more than marginalized caricatures of themselves. But instead of admitting you've become the most beta of betas, you'll complain for years how "good it was" and how "tasteless" the general public is in desperate attempts to try and divert away the soul crushing realization that you've wasted your lives on mind-numbing drivel originally designed to entertain teenage boys.
>>
>>87231116
>Save your money for the Suicide Squad Extended Edition BluRay coming in December
>>
>>87231754

>Superfluous romance plot ?

She's there for 3 scenes max, plot is a big word for a kiss on the cheek from a character that has like less than 10 min screentime from an already established relationship.

>Constant jokes every 5 seconds ?

Do you prefer the quipsfest from AoU ? It's exagerrated.

>boring villain

Like every damn cape movie sherlock

>Corny dialogue

A few sarcasms of Strange are a bit cringy I'll give you that.
>>
Im seeing this meme a lot but Green Lantern didn't even get praised for its visuals. In fact the visuals in Green Lantern was something that was often brought up as one of the worst aspects of the movie.
>>
>>87231930

> She's there for 3 scenes max, plot is a big word for a kiss on the cheek from a character that has like less than 10 min screentime from an already established relationship.

You know you really are just making my point for me, guy.

> Do you prefer the quipsfest from AoU ? It's exagerrated.

This was worse than AoU.

> Like every damn cape movie sherlock

Exactly. So when this asshole is so boring it's worth mentioning, you know this movie fucked up.
>>
It's a shame that this will be about as bad as Green Lantern was, but still make money just because it has the Marlel logo on it.
>>
File: herklaughs.jpg (47KB, 501x650px) Image search: [Google]
herklaughs.jpg
47KB, 501x650px
>old DCfan goal
>man DC movies are going to fucking murder Marvel movies, just you wait!

>new DCfan goaol
>this Marvel movie is just as bad as our movies! Its not even better, they're both bad!
>>
>>87231957
They're only comparing it to Green Lantern because the first rotten review on RT mentioned Green Lantern. That's literally the only reason.
>>
>>87232099
Nice damage control.
>>
Saw it earlier. Was alright. A good cast and good visuals, but the writing was pretty shit.

If I was to rate it against other Marvel movies I'd say its in the mid tier, ahead of shit like IM2, Thor 2, AoU etc. but below the real good stuff like Winter Soldier and IM1
>>
That meme about Strange is as much shitty as GL is ridiculous. It's such bait.

I liked a lot Doc Strange, I can respect that you don't like it but the movie is unique, it's nothing like GL. And I'm a fan of the universe of the GL comics just like Doctor Strange but come on, but people that says both are equally shitty don't have an ounce of judgement in their head, or they are from an another earth of the multiverse where GL is a different movie :p
>>
>>87230713
>>87231116
>>87231754
>>87231795
>>87232036
This. Marvel movies are objectively shit yet they will always get fresh ratings and good reviews because the mouse bribes critics to write good reviews about this schlock. Maybe one day comic book movies will be serious again instead of being filled with quips like the Marvel Shitematic Universe
>>
>>87231754
I refuse to believe that Marvel would be retarded enough to waste Based Mads
>>
>>87232528
MCU villains are one actor wasted after another.

Starting with Jeff Bridges, who was literally wasted during the making of IM1.
>>
>>87232099
>Its not even better, they're both bad!

This is what dubfags say now when they shit on usually siperior japanese voice acting. It's pathetic
>>
I can't honestly believe someone could think this was shit and like, like, Cap 1 or the Thor movies or Iron Man movies.
>>
Wow DCfags have become super bitter
>>
>>87232611
Jeff Bridges was fucking great. He was actually menacing.
>>
>>87232528

Believe it, buddy.
>>
Goddamn. This shit jumped from a 6.5 to a 7.2 in a matter of days. Can't wait to see how well it does on release.
>>
>>87231116
>Dont watch it. Save your money for the Suicide Squad Extended Edition BluRay coming in December

You tried so hard senpai!
>>
>>87231930
Note how there's no refutation for the villain being a pawn of a characterless CGI monster.
>>
>>87233255
Because you're a clueless fuck that's never read a Strange comic to know how Dormammu works.
>>
>>87233135
>>Dont watch it. Save your money for the Suicide Squad Extended Edition BluRay coming in December
>You tried so hard senpai!

holy shit, dcucks so crazy
>>
>>87232528
Look at all the stellar actors they've gotten to play villains. Now look at how many you remember. It's sad.
>>
File: 1361503818627.jpg (148KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1361503818627.jpg
148KB, 900x720px
>mfw Carlyle's big break still isn't here
>>
>>87231957
The only bad visuals in GL were the CGI costume. Oa and the aliens were pretty bitchin.
>>
>>87232840
no he wasnt, i barely remember him
>>
File: 1417631871357.jpg (26KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1417631871357.jpg
26KB, 500x270px
FUCK. I tease my friend who is a DCuck about how shit his fav Snyder movies are. Do NOT give these fucks ammo against Marvel.
>>
Is Shuma Gorath hinted at, outright shown, or neither of the above?
>>
>>87233917
>being a literal consolewarfag

>>>/v/ is that way
>>
>>87234158
it's less a war and more of a slaughter. There's no fight to call it a war
>>
>>87234244
You must be 18 or older to post here.
>>
File: 1339404661878.jpg (359KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1339404661878.jpg
359KB, 1440x1080px
>>87231116
>Dont watch it. Save your money for the Suicide Squad Extended Edition BluRay coming in December
HOLY SHIT you better being baiting because that literally sounds like an ad just cummed into your god damn mouth and you're gurgling it out as if nothing happened.
>>
>>87230713
>It's shit.

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>87230713
>Guardians of the Galaxy is gonna get screwed up and it's going to be sooooo bad!
>Oh. W-well that one got lucky! Age of Ultron is the END of the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
>O-okay...well, Ant-Man will be for sure!
>N-no? Oh, um...h-how about Civil War? Yeah, you dumb normies won't like that!
>...errr, I, uh...well, it's okay, because Dr. Strange is the END of the MCU!

Listen, nigger. 495724 wrongs don't make a right. Just because DC has better comics than they do movies doesn't mean that you have to sotp believing in them.
>>
>>87231116
>>
File: 1469393194949.png (181KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1469393194949.png
181KB, 309x323px
That's all the Chinese need for it to "succeed" is good effects. Look at Transformers for that.

Not only will it succeed but they'll at minimum make their money back for the sheer fact of Chinese themes in it. Chinese love their great effects and Chinese pandering.
>>
>>87230713
>last time I checked, bad visuals can't save a terrible story,

It worked for the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
>>
File: 1467147178281.png (250KB, 449x532px) Image search: [Google]
1467147178281.png
250KB, 449x532px
>>87231116
>Save your money for the Suicide Squad Extended Edition BluRay coming in December
>>
>>87230713
>>>/tv/
>>
It basically hits the same beats as the first Iron Man movie, but with magic and psychedelic drugs instead of robots and alcohol.
>>
This is what happen when you whitewash everything you fucking piece of shit. They could have just made the Ancient One a fucking chinese in China but nooooo. It must be a fucking white women who knows every ancient asian magic shit. Go fuck yourself marvel.
>>
>>87232840
I didn't even notice he was Jeff Bridges
>>
File: bayfinger_size3.png (215KB, 590x295px) Image search: [Google]
bayfinger_size3.png
215KB, 590x295px
>>87235264
Transformers is kino you pleb
>>
>>87235294
Imma need some sauce on this, my man
>>
>>87232457
They should give you a few extra fractions of a dollar for that post, anon. You tried harder than most without being obnoxious

Keep it up and you might make a prof shill yet.
>>
>>87235351
As long as Cummerbund lives the part as well as RDJ fit into Tony Stark, that's fine by me.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.