[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gravity Falls Journal 3 Special Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: A1caCaSL-oL.jpg (1MB, 1984x2560px) Image search: [Google]
A1caCaSL-oL.jpg
1MB, 1984x2560px
$150
Is it worth it?
>>
>>87230296
If you're a die-hard fan of the show with the money to blow on it, yes.

If not, I would wait for a Blu-Ray/DVD release of the series, assuming you aren't just pirating it online.
>>
>>87230296
>special edition
does it have the blacklight ink?
>>
>>87230296
ha ha
no
>>
>>87231504
Surprisingly yes.
>>
>>87232052
whoa.
okay, still too expensive, but.. do want.
i feel a fuck of a lot better about reading scans of the regular version now.
I hope kids know it's not healthy to have too much prolonged blacklight exposure
>>
>>87231504
>>87232052
>>87232141

I'm not even a fan of the show but that is impressive if the journal has the ultraviolet ink.

Not $150 impressive.
>>
File: 88.jpg (79KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
79KB, 1080x1080px
>>87231504
Yes and also leather texture cover, the monocle and removable photos.
>>
>>87230296
>150

I'm one of the biggest fans ever but fuck no. That's not going to sell. The original was only like fucking 12 dollars.
>>
>>87230296
Depends on the production quality. By the sounds of the description it's more like a full on prop rather than just a regular book.
>>
>>87234253
Yeah but some people will buy it. Even with 1/10th the customers of the original, it'll still make as much revenue. I look forward to scans and photos
>>
Seriously, though: What was the purpose of the monocle?
>>
>>87234892
I'm wondering the same. Will it even serve a purpose in real life? Or maybe it was just for flair. Who knows?
I kind of wish I would have waited until this edition of the journal came out. I would buy it if the price were to be knocked down though.
>>
>>87230296
>$150
>for a shitty cliffnotes book
I thought Alex being a jew was a meme
>>
>>87235468
Yeah, shit's fucking ridiculous.
I would've picked it up if it was just $50 or $60
>>
>>87234892
All that letting Bill into his head fucked with his eyes when he was originally writing the Journal.
>>
>>87235684
>>87235468
They're only printing like 1000-2000 copies of this version of the Journal
>>
>>87235772
That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>87230296
No cartoon or comic merch is worth it. It's just junk to have
>>
>>87235772
Is it worth it to buy it then? I mean the first release of the journal was spoiled to the max online for those who didn't buy it. We could just wait until the same thing happens.
But that would suck. That's not fun.
>>
>>87235815
It's only stupid if they sell out.
>>
>>87234892
It's going to be a magnifying glass. In fact, here's the release details proper:

>This 288-page book contains all of the content of the regular edition, plus all-new top-secret black light pages on real parchment; a cover with leather texture and shiny metallic pieces; a magnifying glass; a tassel bookmark; and removable photos and notes. This $150 limited edition, with only a total of one thousand numbered copies, will also include a signed note from the creator of Gravity Falls and co-writer of Journal 3, Alex Hirsch himself.

So it's a real proper book with leather, parchment, tassel, etc. And the blacklight details of course.

Is it worth $150? Well, it's a replica. It's like any other media replica. You can spend $30 on the toy version or $150 on a nice proper material version, short of them creating a movie prop.

It's really not unreasonable considering all the statues that go for as much or more, the metal green lanterns, the lightsabers, the prop guns that don't even fire, etc.
>>
>>87237212
Shhh we want to be mad. Seriously though props on hirsch for getting something this high quality made. It's a shame di$ney wants to charge so much though
>>
Honestly, I have cash I can burn now. I might splurge on it.

No promises I'll be able to get it, though. And if I do, no other promises that I'd be able to get good UV pictures either.
>>
>>87230296
That fucking cuck deserves no respect for making dipper go with that bitch instead of candy, and having a rushed forced ending.
>>
>>87235815
So is Disney not realizing that a complete series Blu-Ray would be a big seller after seeing the Journal's sales numbers.
>>
>>87230296
Take a look at this OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxpt3Bv9HNg
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.