[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John K's Cans Without Labels Backer Only Updates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 16

People keep asking for the backer only updates to John Kricfalusi's Cans Without Labels scam, so ask and ye shall receive. The lies are pretty fuckin hilarious considering this is over a period of four full years.
>>
continued...
>>
More...
>>
Continued from the last one.
>>
Aug. 22, 2013. The back surgery sympathy scam.
>>
Nov 19, 2013. Just 8 or 9 scenes left! [sic]
>>
Dec. 24 2013. Holly jolly bullshit
>>
July 2 2014. Elana Pritchard wants Johnny's cum.
>>
Oct 24, 2014. Just backgrounds now! (Takes two years to make backgrounds eh?)
>>
Oct 24, 2014 continued...
>>
Oct 24, 2014 concluded.
>>
Jul 22, 2015. JUST SIX SCENES LEFT.
>>
Jul 22, 2015 continued. OMG I CAN SMELL IT GUYS.
>>
February 3, 2016. CAN YOU SMELL IT STILL!?
>>
February 3, 2016, concluded. Last one, and actually the last update, period. Remember: we saps pledged over $130,000 for this con.
>>
Huh, I remember people posting about this on /co/.

I kinda forgot about it, to be honest. Just more evidence of why you shouldn't trust KickStarters.
>>
wew, John K is such a great person :^)
>>
Cans without Labels was a mistake, the only good that could possible come out of it's completion is that maybe he'll update his blog more.
>>
It takes a fucking CalArts or Gobelins student to make a 4 - 6 minute short only 9 months while enlisting the help of students who will work for free and this piece of shit can't get a 5-minute cartoon with a 130k budget done in a timely manner?

What the fuck.

I suddenly empathize with Nickelodeon.
>>
>>87229089
>Just more evidence of why you shouldn't trust KickStarters.
You can trust KickStarter just fine. The trick is to only trust people that have a proven track record of getting shit done, and that know the pitfalls of the system.

John K. is infamous for being hard to work with, and dragging his ass on every project he's ever touched. Anyone that gave him money for Cans, and didn't expect this exact outcome is an idiot, plain and simple.
>>
>>87229443
>5-minute cartoon

THAT is how long it's supposed to be? What in the actual fuck...
>>
File: Ren_y_Stimpy_by_firefer26.jpg (72KB, 483x497px) Image search: [Google]
Ren_y_Stimpy_by_firefer26.jpg
72KB, 483x497px
>>87227984
>A new Ren & Stimpy short has not been formally announced or confirmed by Nickelodeon, but Bill was not the first person I heard this news from. At Annecy this year, John K. screened an animatic of a R&S short that would have opened the last SpongeBob movie, Sponge Out of Water, but was never produced. It’s been posted on social media that he’s starting a new studio for a “big project”—word is that it’s indeed a new Ren & Stimpy short. As with anything in this particular world, buzz and animatics may be all we ever hear and see. Regardless, it’s clear the Sick Little Monkeys‘ story is far from over.

http://www.animationscoop.com/interview-25-years-later-directors-bob-camp-and-bill-wray-remember-the-ren-stimpy-show/

Thoughts? Will he get this done?
No
>>
>>87229089
>>87229544
This, pretty much. Kickstarter is a fine platform, but it's the people who keep fucking it up for everybody else. Just like Tumblr.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.