[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can we safely say Bamham is the most popular superhero? He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: review-batman-3.jpg (86KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
review-batman-3.jpg
86KB, 750x400px
So can we safely say Bamham is the most popular superhero? He can make basically anything sell, and he's every casuals favourite.

What did he get right that makes him work so well in any setting? He can be a hilarious comedy character, actually grim and serious character, set in the 50s or set in the future. It all works.

What did he get so right?
>>
>So can we safely say Bamham is the most popular superhero?

Statistics say that Spider-man is much more popular, so no.
>>
>>87223408
>Spider-Man is more popular.
Not really, no.
>>
>>87223447
>Not counting result with a dash between "Spider" and "Man"

Way to discount a whole bunch of data
>>
>>87223408
Spidey's appeal kind of maxes out as kids grow up. People never stop liking Bamham.
>>
>>87222144
>Bamham

please make this a thing

>>87223447
Spider-Man doesn't have a movie of his own out this year. Any years data is going to be heavily skewed toward those characters headlining their own movies. That SM was in a movie this year is pretty much immaterial.

>>87223980
I went off him after they retconned it so he shot his own parents to create himself.

It seems like a real Rube Goldberg way of getting to rape the Joker.

>>87223561
It may or may not include that. Also it's only online shopping data, and there's no indication whether this is $ value to online retailers or # of items shipped. Obviously if it were the latter, Hawkeye could have shipped 50 keyrings to get on the end of the list, while if it were the former it would be more impressive that he's there at all.
>>
Yeah, it's pretty obvious. Spider-Man may have some more international appeal in select countries but Batman is definitely the global winner.

The three pillars of DC are basically just him, Harley, and the Joker; and the latter two kind of ride off being related to Batman in the first place.

His largest appeal is that he has no superpowers, therefore he is incredibly versatile in what he is allowed to do. People love a smart character so he gets to do investigative/keikaku stuff, but they also love an action character so he's also a ninja with a lot of gadgets. Compare that to Iron Man where most of his conflicts are going to be resolved almost entirely through some form of tech.
>>
>>87223980
What are you getting that from? People still like Spider-Man way into their adulthood
>>
File: Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg (161KB, 648x853px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg
161KB, 648x853px
>>87223447
Two can play at that game!
>>
>>87224293
>>87223447

Whichever one I disagree with is the one that's lying.
>>
>>87224345
The later one actually spells Spider-man's name right, and reflects sales in terms of dollars, so I'm more inclined to believe that one.
>>
>>87224293
>posting 2 years old chart.

kek.
>>
>>87224293
>Tracks containers marked by name.
The fuck?
>>
>>87222144

Batboy and the Legion of superheroes.
>>
>>87224491

I was just predicting the argument I assumed would take place.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.