[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC's Vigilante: Southland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: Vigilante_Southland_1_Daniel_var.jpg (230KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Vigilante_Southland_1_Daniel_var.jpg
230KB, 922x1400px
What do you guys think of the upcoming Vigilante Reboot?

>DC Comics' newest hero has an origin story pulled right from the headlines, with a young black man who turns costumed vigilante to investigate crime and corruption in south Los Angeles

>Vigilante: Southland, written by author Gary Phillips with art by Elena Casagrande, revives the classic "Vigilante" character, a Golden Age western hero of the 1940s. But for DC's "Rebirth" initiative, he gets a modern upgrade that turns him into a street-level crime fighter whose reluctant heroism was spurred by the mysterious death of his community activist girlfriend.

https://archive.is/VCEcn
>>
That's not cool
>>
File: VIGSO_Cv4.jpg (219KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
VIGSO_Cv4.jpg
219KB, 791x1200px
personally, I like having some more street-level heroes.

The setup just worries me that this will just be a PC shitfest and not have any actual depth.

Oh well. If that's the case, then at least it's contained to one series and won't infest other ones
>>
File: VIGSO_Cv2.jpg (317KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
VIGSO_Cv2.jpg
317KB, 791x1200px
the covers do look cool tho
>>
>>87217825
>revives the classic "Vigilante" character, a Golden Age western hero of the 1940s.
No its not, it's reviving 80's Vigilante.
DON'T like the retcon they're doing to Chase
>>
>>87217825
>DC Comics' newest hero has an origin story pulled right from the headlines, with a young black man who turns costumed vigilante to investigate crime and corruption in south Los Angeles

The police are behind it. I saved you all 6 issues
>>
>>87217825
>new character
>black

Wow who would have guessed
>>
>>87218016
No, the big twist will be that Vigilante did it, but it was so traumatizing that he repressed all memory of himself doing it.

In the final issue, the "big bad" will tell him, "b-but it was you who killed her!"
>>
>>87217825
>South Los Angeles
>Black.
lel.

>Shitting on the original vigilante by doing this.
Why not just give him a new name?
>>
>>87217825
I really hope it sticks to the street crime level and not full out WE WUZ KINGZ that Black was.
>>
File: 1388264515863.png (103KB, 246x232px) Image search: [Google]
1388264515863.png
103KB, 246x232px
>>87217825
Sounds like a Marvel comic.
>>
>>87218124
I-Its okay when DC does it.
>>
>>87217825

He doesn't even use guns!!!

This another Black superhero with eletric powers!!
>>
>>87217825

Can't wait for the four remaining Adrian Chase fanboys start raging over this.
>>
>>87218303
>Adrian Chase
Who?
>>
>>87217994
>DON'T like the retcon they're doing to Chase

What retcon?
>>
I didn't give a shit when they tried pushing out a new Vigilante around Batman RIP and I don't really give a shit now.

Referencing current events or being a sjw isn't necessarily the trait of a bad book but when that's pretty much all it has going for it, it's kind of hard to get interested.
>>
>>87218016
The question is whether they'll actually follow through and portray the establishment as flawed, or if it'll be a "bad apples" copout. No pun intended.
>>
>>87217825
I really hope it's good.
>>
>>87218247
lol. nobody gives a fuck about vigilante.
>>
>>87218071
>Shitting on the original vigilante

The cowboy?
>>
>>87218453
Kuppenberg run?
>>
>>87217825
sounds interesting
>>
>>87218071
>lel.
?whats funny? South LA is still mainly black people iirc
>>
>>87218071
>>Shitting on the original vigilante by doing this.

There's been like five Vigilantes already, I think they're past the point of shitting on the original.
>>
>>87218071
>Shitting on the original vigilante by doing this.
Kill yourself, casual. there have been several vigilantes since Chase.
>>
So why does social issues and corruption in a Vigilante book has /co/ so triggered? It's not that they're doing it for the first time.
>>
>>87218705

Because everything even remotely dealing with such issues is seen as SJW, which triggers people. I mean for fucks sake, people were bitching when Miller's DK3 had Batman beating up cops.
>>
>>87218016
But it will be a Trump analogue who's behind the police!
>>
>>87217825
>set in south LA
>all the bad guys in the background are white
I'm getting tired of this.
>>
>>87218705
Because /co/ does not read comics. /co/ would've complained even if the Kupperberg run would've been published today.
>>
>>87218794
Especially since in that part of the country, hispanics do way more to antagonize blacks than whites ever do
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.