[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell was the point of this scene if anyone can give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: strip.jpg (40KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
strip.jpg
40KB, 1280x738px
What the hell was the point of this scene if anyone can give some great blogpost-like explanation?
>>
>>87216486
Its Bruce Timm's ship
>>
>>87216504
okay but why is it in the movie?
>>
>>87216525
I suppose storywise its to make Batman more angry at the Joker

but Bruce Timm just wanted his OTP
>>
>>87216525
to extend the length of the movie. same with the entirely pointless shit in the beginning.
>>
>>87216525

Superheroes attract some fucking weird assholes who like injecting their fetishes into works of art. "Sharing" them in a sense instead of bottling it inside.
>>
File: tumblr_nsdhsaor9n1riokveo3_400.gif (141KB, 360x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsdhsaor9n1riokveo3_400.gif
141KB, 360x320px
To establish an intimate relationship between Bruce and Babs in a quick and standalone way. It makes Bruce realize their relationship is too intimate, and he cannot have her as a partner anymore. Which is why snapped on Paris later, nearly killing him which would make her realize she didn't want to be Batgirl anymore. In turn, this spurs Batman to think of all the times he's wanted to kill the Joker and how eventually he won't be able to stop himself. Which was the motive that kicked off the entire The Killing Joke story.

I won't say if it was shit or not, that's up to you to decide. But that was the point of the scene.
>>
>>87216525
So Bruce Timm can have his ship in the movie. It's not necessary to make Batman give a shit about what happens to her with the Joker. He already cares about what happens to her without the sex scene.
>>
>>87216563
okay but you know all things considered, that is really, really, really, REALLY FUCKING CREEPY.
>>
>>87216597
How? They're both adults and she came onto him. They realized it was a mistake the next day, and he completely called it off. They aren't actually father and daughter, and it's not uncommon for a woman to become infatuated with an older man she see's as a teacher/mentor.

It was a heat of the moment mistake that they both realized was a mistake.
>>
>>87216563
>which was the motive that kicked off the entire The Killing Joke story.
Funny...I don't remember that in the comics.
>>
>>87216525
For the sake of controversy.
>>
Tim Drakes anal rape.
>>
File: 1209270038655.png (74KB, 252x239px) Image search: [Google]
1209270038655.png
74KB, 252x239px
>>87216486
>every scene needs a perfect point or reason to the story

you are like the intellectual fags who are moaning about the Walking Dead premiere, saying it was "pointless" on brutality.

Visual medium is all about creating appealing things to look at. No matter if it's about sex, violence, drugs or some high-degree technical stuff, like Kubrick amazing perspectives and travel shots.
>>
File: tumblr_nsdhsaor9n1riokveo5_400.gif (194KB, 360x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsdhsaor9n1riokveo5_400.gif
194KB, 360x320px
>>87216656
No, but you do remember that the whole point of The Killing Joke is Batman contemplating the fact that he will eventually end up killing the Joker if the Joker does not kill him first. And when he rescues Gordon, Gordon makes a point to say he wanted things done by the book even after what happened to Babs.

Babs let her emotions get to her, he nearly killed Paris in anger because that whole case had ruined things for her. Upon seeing how close she got to killing him and by Batman's logic "becoming just like him", she realized she doesn't have what it's take to be Batgirl and hung up her cape.

Before leaving she said to Batman, "I don't think anyone can control it forever." or something. Basically meaning, "You'll break your rule eventually."
>>
The most ridiculous part of this scene is that implies Barb overpowered Bruce
>>
File: CZENXjp.png (325KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
CZENXjp.png
325KB, 1280x768px
>>87216792
He let her win.
>>
>>87216792
>>87216813

Nah, she just used the secret Judo technique he never learned and thus couldn't counter.

>"She actually raped me, I just pretended I wanted it so that no one could know the Batman was beaten in combat."

>"Bruce, what the fuck dude."
>>
>>87216486
>Batman tells Batgirl that they're soldiers and she treats this like a game
>literally five seconds later she flips him and he willingly fucks her like a massive hypocrite

Seems like a game if you can take breaks from crime fighting to fuck your student Bruce.
>>
>>87216850

I always fucking cringe when superheroes or fictional characters who aren't soldiers get "tactical" or say they're soldiers.
>>
>>87216486
rape.
>>
>>87216638
>how?
Besides the obvious power dynamics at play here or the fact that it's incredibly out of character for both characters, what's creepy is the aftermath.
>Barbara reads too much into what's basically a one night stand and becomes desperately needy.
Timm isn't getting off fro the idea of babs and bruce together, he's getting off to Batgirl losing her innocence.
Creepy.
>>
>>87216864
>only pawns in service of the federal government are real soldiers
yes, good goy.
>>
>>87216525
You know that comic with the Whizzard?

Timm is the DM
>>
File: 1469166014196.jpg (69KB, 648x523px) Image search: [Google]
1469166014196.jpg
69KB, 648x523px
Instead of coming onto Batman it should've been pic related.
>>
>>87217127
babs is a huge slut
>>
>>87217127

...And then he became Charaxes. Yikes.

What was he thinking with that outfit, though.
>>
>>87217699
The original Killer Moth outfit is dope.
>>
>>87216878
>Barbara reads too much into what's basically a one night stand and becomes desperately needy
>character literally says "IT WAS JUST SEX, YKNOW"

yeah what a needy bitch
>>
>>87217890

Yes, completely dope.

I repeat, what was he thinking?
>>
>can show her fucking batman
>can't show Joker raping her

If there is anything you're going to add to The Killing Joke, then add a Barb/Joker sex scene not a Bruce one.
>>
>>87216486
Femdom. She raped him.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.