[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

defend the ultimate comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: RCO019_w.jpg (372KB, 1011x1528px) Image search: [Google]
RCO019_w.jpg
372KB, 1011x1528px
defend the ultimate comics
>>
Ultimate Spider-Man was solid, right up to Death of Spider-Man. Some missteps, but overall, solid.

I don't think I can defend anything beyond that.
>>
>>87215645
Pretty much this.
>>
>>87215645
Actually, fuck me you're right Ultimate Spider-Man was decent

When ever someone brings up the ultimate-verse, I immediately think of how atrocious Ultimate X-men or Ultimate Iron Man was
>>
>>87215624
It's all shit! Thank god it's dead though miles and the other survivors need to die off!
>>
Ultimate Fantastic Four was great.
Ultimate X-Men was good until Vaughn and Kirkman started shitting everything up.
Ultimates 1 and 2 were decent brainless action flicks in a comic form.
>le "USM is the only good one" meme
Fuck off with this shit already.
>>
File: image.jpg (256KB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 1000x1518px
It gave us the Maker
>>
It gave us "Do you think this A on my head stands for France!?"
>>
>>87217137
What was bad about BKV's run? It was nothing revolutionary or amazing but his stories gelled with the "young hip new take" idea behind the line.
>>
>>87215645
>Ultimate Spider-Man was solid

>Gwen Stacy's dead
>No, now she's alive again somehow we don't gotta explain it
>>
>>87219684
On the last two or three years they really threw the whole "Death matters in the Ultimate Universe" thing into the shitter.
>>
Ultimates = Great
Ultimates 2 = Great
Ultimate War = Meh
Ultimate Galactus Trilogy = Good
Ultimate 3 = Meh
Ultimatum = Poor
New Ultimates = Good
Ultimate Avengers = Good
Ultimate Avengers 2 = Good
Ultimate Avengers 3 = Poor
NU vs UA = Good
Ultimate Doomsday trilogy = Great
Hickman's Ultimates = Fucking Incredible despite meh ending.
>>
>>87215624
Better than anything they did in latest Secret Wars and everything after it.
>>
>>87219751

This.

Also, I liked the idea of having a line that only had a few monthly comics and a logic numeration that I could follow without problems.

I still don't understand why they gave Hickman a last chance to make something great but killed his ultimates in less than a year.
>>
Great art more offen then not.
>>
>Ultimate Clone Saga
How did Bendis managed to make this so good?
>>
>>87215645
Personally I feel like it already started to decline post-Ultimatum (weirdly the Ultimatum arc itself was good within the Spider-Man book) but otherwise I agree.

It just felt like the story lost all direction after the time skip
>>
>>87219751
Ultimates 3 was a bit worse than "meh" IMO, it was a complete clusterfuck in both plotting and characterization
>>
>>87215645
Mostly this. There was some other good stuff, including Ultimates 1&2 and some arcs of Ultimate X-men, but Ultimate Spider-man is the only one that was almost consistently good for a long time, and never felt forced or contrived. Even the Bendisspeak felt like it belonged there.

Also, I'm a sucker for Bagley's artwork.
>>
>>87219751
Ultimate Armor wars was pretty good if predictable
>>
>>87215624
Basically all the early Ultimate comics were really good. They're a little dated, but imagine how cringe worthy everything now will be when the social justice trend dies.

Ultimatum fucked the universe forever.
>>
>>87223490
>Ultimatum fucked the universe forever.
Explain this meme, it was a fucking fantastic shake up and plenty of good stuff came after. Hell Hickman's Ultimates was better than anything that came before.
>>
>>87226388
>it was a fucking fantastic shake up

Explain this meme
>>
>>87215624
I can't believe this image isn't posted more
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.