[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite Image title when it comes to art?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

What's your favorite Image title when it comes to art?
>>
File: 91Pnl22.png (883KB, 600x929px) Image search: [Google]
91Pnl22.png
883KB, 600x929px
Deadly Class
>>
I read Wicked + Divine for the red headed God
>>
>>87214220
The Wicked + The Divine. I didn't think it would be all that great near the beginning but it amped up pretty hard and this last arc was amazing.
>>
>>87216370
Is it? I need to catch up I stopped reading it when the trans reporter transformed
>>
Gotta be Prophet or Luther Strode
>>
Opena is doing one now right? That one
>>
Copperhead
>>
Snotgirl currently
>>
File: manifest-destiny-2-featured.png (294KB, 583x336px) Image search: [Google]
manifest-destiny-2-featured.png
294KB, 583x336px
>>87214220
Manifest Destiny
>>
Casanova or Stray Bullets
>>
Black Science is nice.
>>
>>87214249
>>87217188
these desu

i met wes craig at nycc and he was nice enough to go panel by panel and show some choices he made in #1 and that was so cool
>>
File: p_45_0.jpg (490KB, 1600x1230px) Image search: [Google]
p_45_0.jpg
490KB, 1600x1230px
Autumnlands. It's the only one I didn't drop during my recent pull-list culling. Possibly mostly because of the art.
>>
File: p32_2.jpg (582KB, 1600x1230px) Image search: [Google]
p32_2.jpg
582KB, 1600x1230px
>>87220056
The guest art they have for these story pages is awesome, too. Always reminds me of a wrap-around book cover from some 30-year-old fantasy paperback or something.

>>87218138
Also this. Not just the art for this series, but the concepts and imagery. I've never had a series that made me want to read it more with just a single image.
>>
I haven't read Descender yet, but Dustin Nguyen's art is what made me start reading comics.

East of West, Deadly Class and Southern Bastards are all books I'd buy Absolute sized editions of in a heart beat. (Probably gonna get the Deluxe editions for East of West, Deadly Class &/or WicDiv sometime soon)
Paper Girls & Saga are pretty good most of the time too.
>>
>>87214220
Injection, I've been a huge fan of Shalvey ever since his bit on Venom.
>>
File: autumnlands-tooth-claw.jpg (485KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
autumnlands-tooth-claw.jpg
485KB, 585x900px
>>87220107
Descender is okay. It's kind of lost its pacing, as most indie series do. Art is generally solid, some pages seem a bit sparse or rushed, but it works with Nguyen's style. It never really looks "bad".

Posting more Autumnlands. This was the cover that made me start reading.
>>
>>87220186
Also, Buffalo-warriors.
>>
>>87220186
>It's kind of lost its pacing, as most indie series do.
I don't buy a whole lot of books but this is the main reason why I hold off on Image books. I can't count how many have incredibly strong starts for 4 or 5 issues then shit the bed or don't even bother ending.
I would much rather have a hard drive full of incomplete stories than a bookshelf with books that never ended or got shitty after a trade or two
>>
File: Reborn-01-cvr-49a1e.jpg (70KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
Reborn-01-cvr-49a1e.jpg
70KB, 600x911px
Based Capullo
>>
>>87220240
More writers need to focus on mini/maxi-series, maybe. Not every book needs to be an ongoing that strives to hit 100 issues. If more books launched being advertised as 6 to 12 to 24 issues with a definitive ending already planned from the get-go, I'd be way more likely to read them. Of course, I suppose a lot of people would probably skip it and trade-wait, which is probably why they don't do that.
>>
>>87214220
Saga
>>
>>87220368
Really? The covers are good, but the interior art is flat as shit, and the lineart isn't good enough to make me overlook the weak coloring on display.
>>
>>87220434
First I have to admit that I only read a couple of Image titles regularly. I do really like the art. I disagree with you about the coloring and lineart, although I'm no expert so I guess I could be objectively wrong. I also guess part of it is the design, the unexpected things they do (sometimes a bad thing, >dragon dick just felt immature) and how the look of characters constantly change. It keeps me interested and looking closely on old characters as well as new, in contrast to many other comics where everyone always look the same and grow stale.
>>
>>87220797
I agree that her art design and concepts are nice, but I feel her execution is still very flat. The shading gives it no sense of volume or depth, and her panel composition also leaves a bit to be desired. It feels like there is a lot of empty/wasted space. Everything just feels a bit unfinished, and it's made worse by her use of bold, sketchy lines. Part of the issue is that Staples is doing her own coloring. She clearly doesn't have the time or skill to do it herself on a monthly basis.

I mean, if you like it, you like it, you're not objectively wrong. I hope you're just kidding about that, 4chan enforces some retarded ideas about opinions.
>>
Every Remender book. Every single one of them is gorgeous as fuck.
>>
>>87216370
Whole "Patriarchy" shit turned me off, how many volumes?
>>
>>87221001
I do agree that the art look slightly unfinished from time to time, but I don't agree that the sketchy style makes it worse since it's always the same. And for me it does not take away that much from the overall feel.

Yeah, while art can be good or bad in the eyes of the majority someones opinion on it obviously can't be objectively wrong. Bad choice of words by me.
>>
No Monstress in this thread?
>>
>>87216452
Yep, Seven to Eternity
>>
File: IMG_0973.jpg (132KB, 575x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0973.jpg
132KB, 575x444px
>>87214220
Prophet
>>
>>87226123
>reads moebius once
>>
>>87224425
personally im not into it but the 2 creators had THE longest line in NYCC artist alley this year. It wrapped around the aisle break

there is certainly no lack of fandom in general for monstress
>>
Rumble has really nice art in a lot of panels.
>>
>>87214220
Descender
>>
File: prophetart.jpg (890KB, 1386x1134px) Image search: [Google]
prophetart.jpg
890KB, 1386x1134px
Prophet, which feels like cheating since it's a cast of rotating artists
>>
Empty Zone
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.