[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the joker so hated on here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (43KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 590x350px
Why is the joker so hated on here?
>>
>>87211490
Because he's liked out of here.
>>
>why is "le ebin funny man" so hated here

Ha, get cucked, OP! And take your madman with you!
>>
File: image.png (360KB, 641x541px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
360KB, 641x541px
>>87211536
>oh nos, the normies like it so that must mean i cant
Kill yourselves
>>
>>87211490
he is popular between "normies"
>>
Why should he be liked? Untrained memelord shouldn't be relevant to Batman at all.
>>
>>87211556
Get fucked in the ass, bitch. If written right the jokers a godtier character. Probably the best one DC has ever made.
>>
He reminds us of ourselves.
>>
>>87211490
Oversaturation. Sure it's a bit contrarian, but when you force a character so hard and put him in so many stories (many of which turn out to be bad) it's bound to turn some people off.
>>
>>87211649
intelligent, nihilistic and a wicked sense of humour?
>>
>>87211702
LA CUUCARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>87211687
he has been in 2 arcs in 5 years
>>
Personally I just find him boring.
>>
>>87211567
Literally /co/, /mu/, /tv/, /v/ and most of the manchildren boards are like that.
>>
>>87211490
I don't hate Leto Joker, it's just when he acted crazy it came off as goofy more than anything. Ledger had an interesting take on the Joker but I think Leto was aiming for something between Ledger and Nicholson's Joker. For starters I think Jack's Joker was written better. When Leto acted goofy it reminded me of 60s television series joker, Nicholson would get goofy but it fit better with his psychopathic persona.

Of course you can't please all the people all the time. maybe compare this link with what people said about Leto's Joker.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/what-the-critics-said-about-heath-ledgers-and-jack-nicholsons-jokers
>>
>>87211490
leto was the worst live action joker the cuck prince of crime
>>
File: 1461662453586.jpg (64KB, 680x646px) Image search: [Google]
1461662453586.jpg
64KB, 680x646px
He IS a bit overexposed.

There certainly is contrarianism playing a part in it though. The amount of smelly indie-ans that are stinking up this board, man.
>>
>>87211567
Not that guy, but to me he gets overused. He's great in small doses or a big plot point every now and then. But because he's liked they over use him and in there rush or because of there insistence on using they do a really poor job. I think Suicide Squad is a good example, both the live action and animated movies. I also think outside of comics mainly because people want the Joker a lot of Batmans rogues get overlooked or never used. Then in comics every so often you get writers that try to "top" previous Jokers and end up doing something completely retarded.

Most of the problems with Joker are due to trying to please Joker fans or bring in fans with the Joker.
>>
>>87211490
You know the reason.

The same reason you posted your image.
>>
File: tfw u want the cucc.jpg (376KB, 862x862px) Image search: [Google]
tfw u want the cucc.jpg
376KB, 862x862px
>>87211825
HONKA HONKA
>>
>>87212350
I'm watching the movie right now now

it legits looks like joker got mad because the guy didn't want to fuck her.
>>
Because edgelords and /tv/ casuals love him, now the casuals are devided over which one was the best, shitty dead joker or shitty gay joker.
>>
>>87211490
Because of the idea that he's overexposed, which would be fair if it weren't for the fact that Harley is even more overexposed than him now.
>>
>>87212672
This
>>
File: 1460879161043.png (51KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460879161043.png
51KB, 200x200px
>>87212736
>le ledger was bad meme
>>
>>87212949
Nolan Joker only works in Nolanverse

It's a problem when he's casuals' idea of Joker instead of BTAS
>>
>>87211490

Fuck off
>>
>>87213160
You are a casual my friend.

>>87211490
Casuals think that bashing stuff that normies like meand they are not casuals.

It's the equivalent of a Call of Dutty kiddie hating on Pokemon.
>>
File: 1459824216380.gif (260KB, 608x352px) Image search: [Google]
1459824216380.gif
260KB, 608x352px
I don't hate the Joker

I fucking love this guy. How can you hate that smile. The Joker is hilarious
>>
>>87211490
I was unimpressed and really fully entertained by him. It's like watching a single bottle rocket.

I am not going to say he was bad but slightly better than mediocre. A roughly Okay I guess kinda thing.
>>
>>87213292
>saying casual this much

found the casual
>>
>>87211825
>>87212672
>>87212869
He didn't want to be cucked. He was just trying to see how much the guy would piss him off before he killed him. Either he says he doesn't want Harley, which would be an insult to her attractiveness, or says he wants her, which means he wants Jokers girl. No matter what he said Joker would kill him.
>>
File: 1469482813778.jpg (100KB, 764x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469482813778.jpg
100KB, 764x960px
>>87211567
no, he was just shit. no excuse.
>>
>>87211490
A couple of reasons. Overexposure is certainly one of them, it seems like he's the only Batman villain that anyone seems to care about, besides Harley Quinn which is the exception that proves the rule.

Also, his fans are the fucking worst and there's been this obnoxious push ever since the Dark Knight came out to make him as stupidly edgy as possible, what with cutting his own face off and all.
>>
>>87211490
I love the joker but his joker? mr honka honka? not the best.
>>
>>87214367
Also the honka honka bit is actually hunka hunka. He's calling him a hunk to goad him. This movie's never gonna live this shit down.
>>
I love the Joker. I just don't love his more recent depictions.
>>
>>87214367
I know what it suppose to be they didn't succeed in my opinion.

and even the scene itself make joker look like bitch
>>
>>87214956
>and even the scene itself make joker look like bitch

even if the scene itself came out right it would make joker look like a bitch*
>>
>>87211490
I hate clowns and edgelords like the Joker. Ddude tries too hard to be funny and it just comes out flat.
>>
>>87215210
You say that like the Joker is a real person.
>>
Joker is one of the best characters DC ever made. In the right writer's hands he's an incredible character and villain, his recent depictions leave much to be desired or are just plain awful.
>>
File: 1477212266106.jpg (27KB, 346x425px) Image search: [Google]
1477212266106.jpg
27KB, 346x425px
>>87211739
still 2 too many i want a rifler arc or a poison ivy arc good thing we got the latter
>>
File: R0AGrGS.png (516KB, 619x482px) Image search: [Google]
R0AGrGS.png
516KB, 619x482px
>>87211556
You're a little bitch. I bet your cry yourself to sleep every night knowing that you will have to wake up to a new day where someone like the Joker is loved more than you.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh1uKEtqQEQ

BTAS/Arkham-verse Joker is GOAT
>>
He's far too one note to be actually interesting these days. It's all about him being the avatar of chaos or some borderline supernatural entity who can run rings around Batman while leaving mountains of bodies in his wake. He's got no actual character apart from what his current writer thinks lolRandom crazy looks like, and their attempts at making him funny consist of him slaughtering people in gruesome ways and than having a laugh about it.

Basically if any character in current superhero comics deserves the label "edgelord" it's him.
>>
>>87211490

He's overexposed. He literally gets away with murder. Repeatedly. At the most he gets shoved into Arkham where he stays for maybe a weekend, then easily gets out to kill again. It's the same old song and dance over and over

He also illustrates how Batman's morality can be considered more dangerous than the criminals of Gotham. Batman doesnt even feel the tiniest bit remorseful that the Joker just killed again instead of shoving him in front of a bus.

I realize DC will never do away with one of their most popular villains. But He's shown to be an extreme threat to innocents that incarcerations simply wont stop. And the in-universe rationales are bullshit.

After he had his face torn off and made a mask he pretty much jumped the shark. That's about as crazy as you can get. He can't ever top himself with that. Save for maybe severing his own wang
>>
File: :co:hate.png (57KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
:co:hate.png
57KB, 400x347px
>>87211490
>>
>>87217958
>He's overexposed
I haven't read a story featuring the Joker in a year.
>>
>>87218023

You havent watched Killing Joke or Suicide Squad? He appears in more than just comics
>>
>>87217958
Batman does feel remorse about it, he even brought it up in the latest JL issue.
>>
>>87217394
>Spectacular Larceny.

Also VR is a great lead up to Arkham Knight story.
>>
>>87218082
>retelling a story
>a cameo
>OH MY GOD OVEREXPOSITION THEY ARE SHOVING IT DOWN MY THROAT
>>
>>87211702
No. Ugly, malformed, with literally nothing better to do than make other people's lives miserable.
>>
File: image.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5KB, 205x246px
>>87211490
Because we spent the last year and a half hearing how edgy Jarded Leto was on set of suicide squad. Constant news articles being published about his outrageous stunts. How he's going all in with the Joker with method acting. How on set he acted like the Joker and was never Jared Leto. It got to a point where it became a parody of itself and everyone was tired about hearing how edgy Jareds method acting was.

Then we see the movie. And joker has 5-6 minutes of total screen time spread out across 4-5 very brief scenes, and he's fucking terrible in all of them. I never thought I was watching the Joker during suicide squad. Maybe there was a good performance in there, maybe Jareds acting was destroyed in editing.

But still. Suicide Squad, what a gigantic waste of time. If you're still planning on seeing Wonder Woman and Justice League after MoS, BvS and SS you are the CANCER that enables Hollywood to produce such low quality dog shit, because you sheep will see it regardless.
>>
>>87218502

Hey you.

Yeah, you.

Fuck you.
>>
because once i asked him to pass me the sugar for my coffee and he gave me the salt
i mean how can you not hate someone like that
>>
>>87214643
She looks hot, what's her name?
>>
>>87212672
are people really this stupid? Has the meme infested itself deep into your presumably autistic mind?
>>
>>87214837
literally the only people who think that are a small crowd from 4chan because they're obsessed with cuckolding.
>>
>>87218889
The only problem here is the fact you have god awful tastes. Should kill yourself my man.
>>
>>87218082
Are you illiterate, faggot?
>>
File: muh synergy.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
muh synergy.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
I like the Joker (the on-screen portrayal of him, mind you) and I don't give a shit what some angry mouthbreathers on the internet think about that.
>>
>>87214643
In most media hes a compelling and intersting villian. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>87217988
fuck you
>>
>le Leto was a bad Joker meme
He's the best live action Joker we've had since Nicholson, fucking Ledgerfags I swear.
>>
>>87211838

This.
>>
>>87211649
Popular with the normies?
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 401x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 401x333px
>>87215210
>anon hates clowns
I admit joker can get too edgy at times, but any faggot that hates clowns needs a visit from the stalker clowns popping up
>>87215230
Well, he is in other universes, and any one of the copycats my be his prime earth counterpart
>>
>>87211490
Since the start of Morrison's run the Joker has been in 2 single issues under morrison, and 2 stories with morrison and just 2 stories with Snyder.

Sometimes i believe the hate for the character is mostly casuals jelly that the joker is a bigger character than their favorite superhero.
>>
He's a boring character. It's that simple.
>hurr I'm evil for the sake of evil and have zero depth, here's some edgy monologue that seems to give an illusion of depth and would seem retarded to anyone over the age 15
A;most every incarnation of Joker post TKJ.
>>
>>87218502

Two animated movies, two live action movies, a bad run in recent comics and featuring prominently in the Arkham X video games.

It doesn't matter the medium, whenever Batman shows up they can't wait ti include the Joker. Which creates the impression that he is fucking everywhere, regardless of what is actually going on in comics at the time.
>>
If anything, The Joker is underused.
>>
>>87211490
I don't hate the joker, he's a great character, what I do hate is the Hot Topic Hispanic gang leader version we got in Suicide Squad.
>>
I have enough whiggers to tolerate in my daily life. Why do I have to pay $10 to see one of my favorite characters turned into one? Dropped.
>>
>>87222505
this, if anything Catwoman is the one overexposed doing always the same "cat-and-mouse" gimmick with Batman but no one ever complains becase "lol catsuit!"
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.