[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>X-Men announcements every day last week >no Inhumans teaser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 189118_2.jpg (43KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
189118_2.jpg
43KB, 630x630px
>X-Men announcements every day last week
>no Inhumans teaser today

RIP Inhumans' push
>>
>>87205258
X-MEN is dead anyways

only thing that could save it is if Logan movie become super successful
>>
File: 1439657318016.jpg (17KB, 247x236px) Image search: [Google]
1439657318016.jpg
17KB, 247x236px
>>87205258
Being pretty retarded here, OP. You're pretending the X-Men haven't been on the edge of extinction before, only to be brought back in some grand mega event to the delight of old school fans.

Get gud at comics and stop falling for hype, OP.
>>
>>87206294
Wasn't a big chunk of the 80's about mutants nearly gone? Or at least the X-Men being dead or something?
>>
>>87206692
A big chunk of every decade is about that.
>>
File: beastbook.jpg (55KB, 400x301px)
beastbook.jpg
55KB, 400x301px
>>87205258
was he right when he said "it doesn't matter" after magneto suggested to send the O5 back?
>>
>>87206294
>80 fall of the mutants
>90 legacy virus
>00 House of M
>10 Terrigenesis

Now that you mentioned, wow, 40 years of facing extinction
>>
>>87207320
Be honest, fall of the mutants and the legacy virus was nothing compared to the crushing existential depression of the last 11 years of X-books.
>>
>>87207265
yes.
even the best case scenario would have the timeline getting altered due to two different sets of the O5 being in the past
>>
tfw Morrison won't come back and reinvigorate your favorite franchise to save it from mediocre hell for a second time
>>
>>87208501
Hopefully some other new writer can do it, cause it sure ain't gonna be anyone on the current payroll.
>>
>>87207320
Imagine being a mutant who lived and somehow survived through all that and then you walk out your house and people are still protesting your existence.
>>
File: x-men 39.jpg (108KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
x-men 39.jpg
108KB, 500x730px
>>87208585

Honestly I can't think of anyone at all to give X-Men to. We need maybe newer writer that wants to prove themselves. Let them take the Moz approach and streamline the book and bring it back to a core concept and some core characters that work again and then we can build on that and bring them back to the MU and the X continuity hell.
>>
>>87208342
the legacy virus was pretty heavy at the time, don't know about fall of the mutants
>>
>>87208501
Morrison's run isn't as good as everyone claims it to be, though.

I want people to actually defend Sublime, Weapon XI and the fucking "look at this new cool villain!" that was Cassandra Nova. I need to see what they see in them.
>>
>>87208877
/co/ has a weird hard on for Morrison
>>
Can someones catch me up on the X-Men since the Marvel Now relaunch?

I know it's been shit but what has been happening? Apparently there's time traveling members of the Kirby team?
>>
>>87208877

Defend them against what? Nova, Sublime and tying Logan to Cap were great ideas. What is your criticism?
>>
File: Xorneto-10943602_1468883485.jpg (220KB, 711x1096px) Image search: [Google]
Xorneto-10943602_1468883485.jpg
220KB, 711x1096px
>>87208965
(not them)

I *HATED* the whole Sublime living colony of mind-controlling racist bacteria idea.
Bigotry is IRL primitive human instinct gone wrong in the civilized age, you don't need a Boogey-man to scapegoat in order to explain a real problem that has a real-world explanation.
Doing so just dismisses offhand the social issues that X-Men comics often deal with.
Tying Logan to a whole Weapon "_" world was actually a great thing, linking all the superheroes and villains who are the products of secret government labs to one over-arching origin was brilliant.
Making Fantomex the superior version... not so much.
And Cassandra Nova was a walking nightmare, that part was awesome. Her being a throw-away disposable villain with the "what happened exactly?" end, especially when she had this monumental status-quo shifting link to Professor X, kinda sucked.

And then there's Maybe-Xorn/Maybe-Magneto...
>>
>>87209806
>I *HATED* the whole Sublime living colony of mind-controlling racist bacteria idea.
> Bigotry is IRL primitive human instinct gone wrong in the civilized age, you don't need a Boogey-man to scapegoat in order to explain a real problem that has a real-world explanation.
> Doing so just dismisses offhand the social issues that X-Men comics often deal with.

you're 100% on this but i do love that morrison gave a canonical response to idiots who are like "Hurr why do people like the fantastic four and not the x-men"
>>
File: NutinTuhWorryBout_1473128118588.jpg (146KB, 547x495px) Image search: [Google]
NutinTuhWorryBout_1473128118588.jpg
146KB, 547x495px
>>87209851
There was this one great scene in an old issue of Avengers...
Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and... someone... (Crystal, I think) they're out on the street saving a crowd of people from some supervillain doings and when they're done some asshole typical Marvel civilian NPCs start cheering and shouting how they approve of these HUMAN heroes saving the day and how HUMAN people don't need any MUTANT superheroes...
So the Avengers stand there talking amongst themselves about how wrong those people were about their identities, but they don't say anything to the crowd about it.
The Fantastic Four were private sector astronauts, the best-of-the-best of human-kind.
They're seen as human because of that, even though The Thing is still seen as just a monster strictly because of his appearance.
It's not that hard a concept to grasp. It's been explained before.
>>
>>87208965
I don't have a problem with tying Logan with Cap. My problem is with the Fantomex character and the whole "let's infiltrate Weapon X" part of the story right before Wolverine and Jean get launched into space. The change it brought? Great! The execution? Not so much.

Same can be said for Nova. On paper it's good! Create new tension for Xavier and good to have a new BIG villain other than Magneto but how she appears into the scene, how she lacks any buildup, then takes over the Shi'ar, mindrapes Charles and then just suddenly "dies" felt lazy.

I don't like Sublime at ALL and >>87209806
put the why perfectly.

I think the Xorn thing however is not that big of a deal DURING the run. It is only AFTER the run is done that the Xorn problems start. When I read it when it came out I thought it was the epitome of Magneto's badassness, infiltrating the X-Men and winning Charles' own students using his ideologies made him look like Charles' superior until the Kick made him go full retard.

We will not speak about the Dark Future last arc of Morrison's run because honestly, it's not worth commenting on.
>>
>>87210316

>It's not that hard a concept to grasp. It's been explained before.

oh I know, it's just that a lot of people don't get their head around the racism. you see it on /co/ all the time, it's the genesis of the stupid "Give the X-Men their own universe" idea
>>
>>87210316
HAHAHA! Typical stupid Marvel civilians, Mutants are still humans but more evolved! God, I wish they made an event or something to finally shut those ungrateful assholes up!
>>
File: MutantRights120614.jpg (36KB, 308x427px) Image search: [Google]
MutantRights120614.jpg
36KB, 308x427px
>>87212440
After Phoenixclops and the Phoenix Five forcibly created peace on Earth there was a youth movement for a while in support of him.
(I guess they assumed the DarkPhoenix raining fire down upon the Earth was some other random superhero/villain crap)
Positive populist pro-mutant protests happened throughout the Bendis Uncanny' run.

It didn't last past the events of "Death of X", but still, there it is.
>>
>>87208788

Here's what Fall of the Mutants was:

At the time there were three X-Men books; X-Factor, Uncanny X-Men and New Mutants. It was sort of a "darkest hour" for all three teams which were happening simultaneously but due to unrelated events (I suspect that this wasn't really planned per se as an editorial event so much as "wow, all of you guys have some pretty dark stuff going on all at once, huh? Let's slap a group title on it.")

X-Factor had their violent falling-out with the Apocalypsed Archangel. The New Mutants faced their first death as Doug Ramsay died. The X-Men were killed off entirely, on live national television, only to secretly later be resurrected from the dead by Roma, and decided to let the world continue to believe they were dead for a few years in order to be able to operate in secret.

It doesn't belong on a list with things like the legacy virus and M-Day and such. Not the same type of story at all.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.