[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Minor characters in Movies/Shows that did nothing wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 11

ITT: Minor characters in Movies/Shows that did nothing wrong
>>
>>87201028
obstruction of justice
>>
>>87201028
>minor
heh
>>
File: Stink Lines.png (369KB, 718x313px) Image search: [Google]
Stink Lines.png
369KB, 718x313px
desu I absolutely hate the "We are supposed to hate this character" character archetype. Might as well draw stink lines on him.
>>
>>87201065
They gave him a unibrow, it's more than enough to hate him
>>
>>87201065
Arin?
>>
>>87201028

That old lady was covered under insurance fuck off Jew.
>>
>>87201065
It is a pretty lazy resource. Then again, it's good for catharsis.
>>
>>87201652
This. He was actively making Bob refuse to do the service the customers paid for. He's a fucking crook.
>>
>>87202351
he runs an insurance company, that's practically a job requirement
>>
>>87201065
That character never even got any comeuppance. They were building it up for the whole movie, but in the end he just wears women's clothes and leaves.
>>
>>87203741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fcJm1Slk2E

Gotta get the extended edition for that.
>>
File: Bismuth.png (169KB, 1100x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Bismuth.png
169KB, 1100x1450px
>>
>>87204119
>We have quick nonlethal means of neutralizing the enemy and zero drawbacks for using these methods
>Let's use this slow clunky lethal method and push this fight to them because FUCK WHITEY
>>
>>87204119
Every thread, no matter the content, you people always have to show up.
What is it about your show that makes you feel the need to inject it everywhere?
>>
>>87204119
She may have had her reasons for wanting to kill all homeworkd gems, but aside from that not making her right, she also went apeshit on Steven for no reason.

also she's a nigger.
>>
>>87204322
>something is popular
>I don't like it
>>
>>87204322
Because it's a cartoon and this is the comics and CARTOON board? Shocking I know.
>>
>>87204366
That's not what I said at all.
I have no opinion about this show, as I haven't watched it.
However, I do see it posted in damn near every thread ever and whenever anyone says anything about it that isn't positive, you all get defensive.

I was only asking a genuine question, but you assume I have negative intentions.

>>87204384
Batman Beyond is a cartoon and it's not in every thread.
Neither is, say, Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.
It seems to only be your show and I'm seriously wondering why that is.

I'm after answers, that's all.
>>
>>87201028
He may not have deserved to be thrown through a dozen walls and probably paralyzed, but frankly, agitating someone who, A, is clearly distressed/frustrated, and B, is like 5 times his size, was a pretty fucking stupid move. Even if Bob wasn't a super, he would've fucked him up.
>>
>>87202419
>works for an insurance company
>did nothing wrong
>>
>>87204465
>It seems to only be your show and I'm seriously wondering why that is.
Because Steven Universe encompasses a lot of themes and uses a lot of tropes and as such has every right to be discussed around here. That's one of the things that makes it so good, it has something for everyone and executes each of its parts incredibly well.
>>
>>87204710
That doesn't explain your almost fanatical defensiveness when questioned.
That happens every time, too.
Look at what happened when I was just asking an unbiased question.

No other fanbase does it on your level.
>>
>>87204480
He thought he was untouchable because he was his boss. The consequences of antagonizing someone that huge and strong and didn't cross his mind.
>>
>>87201028
are we forgetting the fact that he refused to do anything when a man in plain sight was being mugged, he didnt call 9-11, while he may have had a point in refusing to allow bob to intervene, the way he worded it indicates that he didnt have good intent, he then shows no sympathy to the victim during or after the event

add to that being a general unlikable asshole, and i would say his being throttled was satisfying
>>
>>87204710
Syke. Steven Universe is actually mediocre now. Used to be pretty good but as of late is comparable to those roasty turds you shit out after eating spicy food.
>>
>>87204738
>No other fanbase does it on your level.
You'd be defensive too if every single goddamn time you try to talk about a show you love all you get is "FUCK YOU SJW UNIVERSE" and "GO BACK TO TUMBLR". If anything, /co/ is the one who needs to re-evaluate its position on Steven Universe if we can't even civilly discuss a goddamn cartoon, especially since most people who bash it haven't even fucking seen it.
>>
>>87204923
>getting defensive as if your livelihood is being attacked

I forgot I was on /co/, nevermind.
>>
>>87204990
>Wouldn't it be smarter to just stay in a general if you're so defensive of criticism?
That's not fair, though. Why the fuck are we being treated like a fucking disease that needs to be quarantined when all we want to do is talk about a cartoon like the rest of /co/? I mean hell, even if you discount that, do you know what a general devolves into without some fresh air and new blood in the discussion? It's not our fault people react so poorly to SU discussions, so I don't see why we have to be punished for it.
And for the record, we DON'T try to provoke people. People get provoked by us just fucking talking, which is unbelievably immature.
>>
>>87204465
You're the only one who brought it up.
Now you're being holier than thou because you weren't clear with what you said
>>
>>87204738
You're the one trying to aggravate him so that he's forced to defend the show when he was just adding to the thread
>>
>>87204990
>>87205096

Someone posted a relevant image on a thread and now half of the posts are complaining about /co/'s supposed stance on Steven Universe.

This is both evidence that /sug/ was a common good for the board, and evidence that people need to fuck off with the SU autism, because it encourages the defensive fans to act up. People don't realize this, but the anti MLP-wave did a lot to help popularize the pony meme on 4chan, and was probably directly responsible for the later mass invasion that prompted the creation of a containment board to begin with.
>>
>>87205101
>Now you're being holier than thou because you weren't clear with what you said
No, I'm just trying to get answers.
There it is again.
>>87205151
And again.
I'm only asking honest questions and you're acting as though I'm a horrible person.

>>87205096
>like the rest of /co/
I think that seems to be the problem, you DON'T talk about it like the rest of /co/
You all get defensive over innocent questions.
This thread is more than enough proof of that.

>I don't see why we have to be punished for it
It seems that you all bring it on yourself.
Again, look at this thread.
Nobody can talk about it because even the hint that someone doesn't like it gets people pissy.
>People get provoked by us just fucking talking
AND pushing it into every thread.
When you know it provokes them, but you do it anyway and you get pissy.

I'm getting a clearer picture now.
Thanks.
I don't think I'll give SU a chance, I don't want to be included in anything like this.
>>
>>87205160
>This is both evidence that /sug/ was a common good for the board, and evidence that people need to fuck off with the SU autism, because it encourages the defensive fans to act up.
Again, that's absolutely fucking unfair because we didn't fucking do anything wrong, all we did was enjoy a cartoon. /sug/ is nice for talkbacks and whatnot but when it comes to talking about the individual themes that the show brings up and the character types and all that, there's no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to talk about it just because a few people get upset at the very concept of Steven Universe. It's like you all think just because a show with somewhat progressive themes exists that somehow means that you're going to be invaded by fucking rainbow haired extremists who will turn the board into an anti-white male paradise. It's not going to fucking happen, all that will happen is a good show will be talked about. That's it.

>>87205360
>Nobody can talk about it because even the hint that someone doesn't like it gets people pissy
None of us give a shit if you don't like it, we all have shows that /co/ adores that we just don't like. The difference is that when someone else brings up the show they like that we don't, we stay quiet. When we bring up SU, everyone flips their fucking shit!
>When you know it provokes them, but you do it anyway and you get pissy.
That is such fucking bullshit to the point that it's becoming increasingly obvious that this isn't you actually wanting information so much as you trying to make Steven Universe fans look like reactionary idiots, and your fucking "I'm being calm they're the ones who are getting upset" bullshit isn't fucking appreciated. It's shit like this that makes me wonder why the fuck anyone would want to come to /co/ if all you're going to do is try to provoke some kind of angry reaction just to make yourself look like the "good guy".
>>
File: 98645132002000-ew1425_612x380.jpg (34KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
98645132002000-ew1425_612x380.jpg
34KB, 612x380px
>Rick kills 50 of his men
>Doesn't even punish them
>Daryl chimps out
>Does exactly what he said he'd do
>Rick says something fucking stupid
>Negan makes Rick his bitch
>Still doesn't punish them
Pretty fucking nice if you ask me
>>
>>87204480
I hope he had insurance and then gets it rejected.
>>
>>87205537
>When we bring up SU, everyone flips their fucking shit!
Because you all bring it on yourself.
Look at this thread, I was only asking honest questions and you've reacted like I spat in your face.
This doesn't happen with any other fanbase.
Surely you can't blame everyone else, that's just naive.

>that this isn't you actually wanting information so much as you trying to make Steven Universe fans look like reactionary idiots
You can think that, but I really only wanted to know.
You've assumed I'm just in it get a rise out of you without that being my intention.
Now, honestly, who's the one making you look bad here?
I only wanted answer and you, as a fanbase, take it as a personal attack.

It's increasingly obvious you do it to yourselves.
>>
>>87205630
First of:
>Negan
>minor character

Second:
>Rick kills 50 of his men
because they were stealing and killing people

>Doesn't even punish them
he was literally stealing half of their shit. Do you not read the comic?
>>
>>87204045
They cut out the scene of an awful character getting his comeuppance and a cool Ogre fight for "time". Not even a minute and a half of it.

Fuck Hollywood sometimes.
>>
>>87201065
literally what the fuck was the point of this character? motherfucker ruined most of the movie for me
>>
>>87204322
>>87204322

You know if you didn't respond you wouldn't have derailed the thread. Congratulations on being worse than the people you ridicule, at least the post you're replying to was on topic.
>>
>>87205976
>Congratulations on being worse than the people you ridicule
If you'd read what I posted, you'd know that I wasn't ridiculing them, only seeking answers.

Yes, it derailed the thread, but, from what I've now found out, they do it themselves.

Look at you, I can assume you love SU as you've not actually paid attention to what I've posted, only assumed I'm trying to shit on the show and it's fanbase.

This thread has been a learning experience for me, at least.
>>
>>87206207

>Yes, it derailed the thread, but, from what I've now found out, they do it themselves.

No they didn't. You and you alone derailed the thread, which would of gone on just fine had you not bitched about a popular cartoon being discussed.
>>
>>87206319
>had you not bitched about a popular cartoon being discussed
Again, you've obviously not read what I posted.
I wasn't bitching, I was asking honest questions about why they do what they do.
There was no bias, no malice, but they and you assume there is and freak out.
Nobody else does it on this level and I wanted to know why.
>>
File: its time to.png (45KB, 386x275px) Image search: [Google]
its time to.png
45KB, 386x275px
>ITT: bait anon is having a spectacular time

Please stop replying to that faggot
>>
>>87206375
Are you serious? There's no complex reasoning behind it, it's just a popular cartoon that is applicable to this topic and given how it has been going on for 3 years, is applicable to many topics made in this board. That's why you see it so much.
>>
>>87206319
I can't tell if he's baiting to win an argument or not with a predetermined decision that isn't based upon SU, but SU fanbase is cancer, you don't need to lambast him for what much of /co/ observes outside /sug/. It attracts a lot of Tumblr group-think which often leads partisan mentality. The SU fanbase created this image of themselves for the most part. At one point it was compared to fucking ponies 2.0 by a lot of /co/.

I watch the show every new episode, but I stay the fuck away from /sug/ for how much idiocy resides there.
>>
>>87206496
It only took you a few anger filled posts to get to answering it, but thank you.

>>87206519
I was legitimately asking.
If I was just trying to bait I would have gone with "SU is shit" but, like I said, I haven't watched the show so I can't comment.

Thank you for some serious insight, anon.
>>
>>87205784
It was a pointless scene in an already bloated movie.
>>
>>87206634
It's a decent show, it's been lacking the last few episodes and focusing on dumb shit, but I like the main plot (minus the cluster). So I think you should watch it, because viewing cartoons, anime, and film is fun to me and I try to watch everything that has merit too it. Just know it's boring in some areas and exciting in others, bad here and good there. So if you're bored on a lame day, I would recommend it, just not the fanbase.
>>
>>87201028
>Being a shill for a corporation instead of helping the people who pay money for your services.
He got what he deserved.
>>
>>87206375
It comes off as malice because your verbiage had negative connotation, e.g. using the word "inject" will naturally evoke a negative emotion as it isn't typically used to describe a pleasant intrusion. On top of this, you chose to single out someone who made an on-topic and relevant reply to the thread as if what they offered came from nowhere. The fact that people like and discuss SU shouldn't perplex you, as it's very popular and constantly discussed here. I'd venture to wager you have at least a little hostility, if not ignorance towards fans of the show (or any show, for that matter), as your question came off as much less sincere than you claim it was.

By the way, I'm not exactly a huge fan of the show. I like some episodes, others are bland. It's just like any other show to me. So I'm responding to you as a person, not as a /co/mblr SU autist or whatever the fuck the current bogeyman is.
>>
>>87206979
>using the word "inject" will naturally evoke a negative emotion as it isn't typically used to describe a pleasant intrusion
I always took it as a good thing, what with inoculations and the like.
I can understand now how people could see it that way.
>you chose to single out someone who made an on-topic and relevant reply
It was just because it popped into my head, but again, I see where you're coming from.
>that people like and discuss SU shouldn't perplex you
It's not that, it's that they show up everywhere, something that doesn't happen with anything else.
That's why I asked.
>I'm not exactly a huge fan of the show
I feel that's why I got legitimate answers from you.
The others just assumed I was being a cunt which is understandable now, but it seems they're all like that.
All the huge fans seem to be just that: fanatics.
There's a persecution complex there and they've done it to themselves.
Getting angry because someone -seems- to not love the show is stupid.
>>
>>87202351
What Bob was helping her do was no different than what rich people do with taxes. They hire accountants that know the technicalities of the codes as written to allow their employer to write off as much as possible. In this case, Bob was helping the lady penetrate the system lawfully so she could avoid having to pay and make the insurance company cover it, which insurance companies try to avoid because paying out all the time cuts into their profits.

But because she's an old lady, she gets the sympathy vote, but the manager has his own job and he answers to his own bosses who only care how much money he brings in. So while he has power over Bob, others have power over him.
>>
File: Snapshot20051019162445.jpg (23KB, 650x374px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot20051019162445.jpg
23KB, 650x374px
I mean he could be a supreme shithead about it but ultimately the man was doing his job.

>Wait does he count as minor?
>>
>>87207225
I understand where you're coming from. From my perspective on things, though, it seems like there really is a lot of persecution towards SU fans here. However, I'd like to not confuse correlation with causation; it's possible they get persecuted because they came off as obnoxious, and people got sick of it (think back to mlp). So any mention of the show can create hostility on both ends, even if it's all relevant to the discussion. That's just the current state of /co/ on SU. At least, that's how I see it.
>>
>>87207426
He actually remains captain of the guard so he can't be all that bad.
>>
>>87201028
Troll post. 3/10
You got your reactions, but next timr try harder cocksucker.
>>
>>87207543
>At least, that's how I see it
From what I can gather, you're pretty spot on.
I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually got their own board.

Then again, they'd have to act like they have here on every other board to make that happen.
>>
>>87207683
I think that's a bit of an exaggerated response. Having a SU post in just about every general discussion thread isn't the same as having 20 separate SU threads.
If that's the criteria we'd also need a DCAU and an EE&E board at the very least.

That being said filling up one board can be enough to make another board all on its own, as /qst/ showed us.
>>
>>87207683
I wouldn't count on them getting their own board precisely because they seem content to stop at discussion and contain themselves much more effectively than the bronies could manage. I didn't browse /co/ back during mlp's skyrocketing popularity, but I saw that shit literally everywhere. And there were some genuinely autistic people in the bunch, which only added to the discomfort they forced onto people. SU, at that very least, seems to only be mentioned and discussed. They don't tripfag, use avatars, circlejerk, etc. This, incidentally, is why I don't have a problem with them at all.
>>
>>87201028
>>
File: 131105_1224558434541_full.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
131105_1224558434541_full.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
>>87201028
>I share my knowledge with you for millennia and this is all the thanks I get.
>No qt 3.14 spirits in this stupid desert.
>My wings hurt.
>This is the last time I try to help these barbaric humans.
>Mortalfags, get out of my library!
>HOOOOOOOOOOT!
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 299x435px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 299x435px
>>
>>87207426
Didn't he help kidnap and murder Prince Ali Baba? And yet it never gets so much as mentioned.
>>
>>87205743

Is he or is he just being a just and righteous lord, making sure his men are well cared for so as to protect the communities under his protection?
>>
File: Garfielf.png (78KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
Garfielf.png
78KB, 500x355px
>>87204322
Because it's a cartoon that isn't about neon-painted horses and this is the comics and cartoon board.

Moving on.
>>
>>87201028
Are you a jew?
>>
>>87204465
ok, but Batman Beyond isnt currently airing
I see Adventure Time in lots of threads so idk what youre going on about
>>
>>87206978
You do realize that stock-owners are people too, right?

If he had done something other than his LITERAL FIDUCIARY DUTY to a PUBLICLY TRADED COMPANY, he would have been defrauding every single stockholder. Some stock holders are big mean billionaires, but some of them are little old ladies depending on the stock to fund their retirement or pension funds for school teachers.
>>
>>87209017
Murdering foreign princes is part of his job
>>
>>87201065
what movie?
I've seen it, I know I have, just can't recall name.
>>
>>87203741
Didn't Smaug fall on him and Steven Fry?
>>
>>87204322
man I don't even watching it it's way too fucking gay but kill yourself, this is /co/ for cartoons
>>
File: Sozin_Did_Nothing_Wrong.png (118KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
Sozin_Did_Nothing_Wrong.png
118KB, 333x250px
>>87201028
>>
>>87201028
He did everything wrong. Let's ignore the morality of refusing to cover people that pay for insurance and instead focus on the practlicality. If insurance companies really refused to cover anyone, then nobody would buy from them.
His policies give his business a bad reputation and should have inevitably lead to its downfall both from lawsuits and from having a terrible reputation, thus making customers go to your competitors.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.