[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any hype for this movie at all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: GOTG.jpg (19KB, 215x290px) Image search: [Google]
GOTG.jpg
19KB, 215x290px
Is there any hype for this movie at all?
>>
>>87200026

I just want to see Kurt Russel.
>>
>>87200026
Yes.
>>
>>87200026
there was no hype for Doctor Strange or Civil War

people are past hype these are obligations now
>>
>>87200026
Personally, no. Haven't even seen the trailer yet. Just don't really care or have any desire.
>>
>>87200026
According to /co/ there was no hype for the most succesful movie of 2016, so whats the point?
People are going to be completely delusional instead of realistic.
>>
>>87200026
Honestly no. Marvel movies are boring as shit and Ooga Chaka 2 does not seem appealing at all
>>
>>87200070
Yeah, and it shows.

Civil war underperformed and doctor strange is a recipe for a blunder

Virtually no one on earth cares about this.
>>
>>87200561
>Civil war underperformed and doctor strange is a recipe for a blunder
Lol k bro
>>
>>87200070
>no hype for Civil War
>>
>>87200026
I'm pretty excited OP, I love Cosmic stuff and GotG is my favorite Marvel movie. But I don't really care to get hype anymore. The first movie came out of nowhere, the second is just another sequel.

Hope it's good though, really looking forward to it.
>>
I mean these days people say there's no hype for anything and then it makes like over 800 million (Suicide Squad) so honestly, when the fuck does /co/'s opinion matter anymore

>>87200070
>there was no hype for Civil War
Why are you lying?
>>
>>87200026

They should have filmed it back to back with the first one

It has been too long since the first movie came out, I'm not sure the hype train is still around

It all depends on if they can pull an OOGA CHAKA trailer type thing to market it
>>
>>87200026
No
>>
>>87201034
Would it be such a bad fate if the movie didn't perform terribly well? I don't really want the Guardians getting whored out like the Avengers. Better they go back to being a cult IP if you ask me.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>87200561
>Civil War underperformed

12th Highest Grossing film of all time.
>>
>>87201134
still underperformed compared to what the execs wanted...
>>
I hate Zoe Saldana, so I refuse to watch anything she's in
>>
>>87200026
No because it's too early. It feels weird to get excited for the next-next Marvel movie when the next one isn't even out yet. Plus it's hard to get excited when so many of them come out with so many more on the way, it starts to feel mentally exhausting.
>>
I think most people have learned to temper their expectations. Most of these movies are either servicable or they're awful. People are starting to see the formula that's emerged.
>>
>>87200026
>20 replies in 2 hours

you tell me
>>
>>87201134
And it still didn't make money. CW was basically a modern Cleopatra, but bad.
>>
>>87200070
Civil War had plenty of hype

I was hyped for Doctor Strange, until the reviews came and now I'm on the fence about it.
>>
>>87202854
One of marvels worst miscastings
>>
>>87202960
>And it still didn't make money
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>87200026
Will there be some adam warlock or moondragon? Or pip?
>>
>>87201134

needed to make 2.5bil to break even though, shame
>>
>more people hyped for Logan than they are Guardians of the Meme

Where did they go wrong?
>>
>>87202599
Executives wanted it to break $1 billion.

It did.
>>
File: 1466738722228.jpg (161KB, 568x748px) Image search: [Google]
1466738722228.jpg
161KB, 568x748px
>>87203050
$550 million budget (reshoots included, marvel lies about their budget, see link)
$250 million marketing

= $800 million

$1.1 billion - $800 million = $300 million

$300 million - $150 (200 maybe) -paying for the movie theatres (takes half or more)

Total $150 million, that's bad.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#1268ce832f36
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.m/the_big_picture/2009/01/why-everyone-li/comments/
>>
>>87203234
Logan looks like a movie while GotG looks like an episode of Agents of shield with a bigger CGI budget.
>>
>>87200026
>Is there any hype for this movie at all?

https://youtu.be/IQOoWqEm6H8
>>
>>87203307
But neither of those quote civil wars budget or marketing expenses...
>>
>>87201082
^THIS RIGHT HERE!
>>
>>87203500
Literally every movie goes by the rule of Production Budget +Marketing = Production * 2

If you think CW was somehow different from every blockbuster ever made you are flat out fucking retarded.
>>
>>87203850
Do you have a single source to back that argument?
>>
>>87200604
>>87201134
Retards. It was sarcasm.
>>
>>87200631
SS had a stupid amount of hype, harley merch was selling like crazy before the films release and the soundtrack was top charting for weeks.
>>
its a meme movie, so pretending to not be hype is now the new hype.
>>
>>87203307
That's some real bullshit. Why do people talk like they know how the industry works.
>>
>>87200026
Anyone else feel like Gunn is taking a lot of creative freedom with all of this? I'm all for directors making their own movie and putting their spin on things, but the movies just feel like most of the characters are only the characters by name. The plot for GotG Vol. 2 so far doesn't seem like it's pulling anything from the comics, instead it's just Gunn's OCs doing random space shit. Yeah, I know >judging a movie before it's out... but you can see the same in the first movie too.

Maybe I'm just being a little bit of a comic book purist because I had read through the GotG comics before the movie was even announced. But I'm fine with many of the other deviations from the comics in the rest of the MCU, but Gunn's GotG just feels like a little too much. Maybe I'm just salty about never getting to see pic related again.
>>
>>87205846
I like Gunn's OCs fine, but I would throw the entire cast and crew in a volcano for a straight adaptation of the 2008 run.
>>
>>87205846
there's nothing wrong with deviating from the source material even to the extent that Gunn has, the problem lies where what your doing falls flat on it's face
>>
>>87200070
There was fucking hype for Civil War.

I agree about Doctor Strange because there isn't much hype for new properties, even if they are Marvel, but people will see them nonetheless.

>>87201082
Probably in like two decades they'll go back to being a cult IP, three decades for sure the average young adult would not know them.
>>
>>87205846
The first movie was a loose adaptation of Star-Lord (and the GOTG's) origin. The sequel seems to be an equally loose adaptation of the second Star-Lord story where he discovers his true origin. I'm okay with it. And I'm as big a Cosmicfag as they come.

Maybe that's why I'm okay with it because unlike most of this board Gunn has read more Cosmic than just GOTG v2.

>>87206120
I don't understand why people even think it possible to accurately adapt a series that not only built on two preceding events (which built on a bunch before it) but also got whored out for every subsequent event to the point of barely having an overarching plot at all.

How would you make a satisfying movie of that? I'd rather see an original story that's inspired by much of the comics than a bad attempt to slavishly recreate a few specific ones.

Let movies be movies and comics be comics. We can go back and read DnA anytime we want to. I'll enjoy Gunn's interpretation for what it is.
>>
>>87205846
I don't mind him making up his own storylines and changing the characters a bit but some of the characters that he introduced might as well be new characters.

Peter has a new whole personality even if his backstory is pretty much the same, I know he has gone through some many personality changes in the comics but shit like him being an irresponsible goofy manchild was never a part of his character and it annoys me a bit because I am so fucking tired of that character personality.

Rocket got flanderized to the point he became an angry thug and some of his most interesting character traits were lost in translation. Granted this already happened with Rocket before Gunn took over so I don't blame him for that. Also he became comic relief and a big point if I recall that Giffen wanted to do with the character was not make the furry animal into the comic relief.

I honestly don't care much about Groot's personality he's gone through a lot of changes, Gunn said he based Groot on his lazy dog. He also said this new baby Groot was different and that he was going to have a different personality and going by that logic then I guess Groot changes personality once he regenerates (so I guess it's a Doctor Who thing now).

Drax has also gone through different personalities but Giffen's and DnA's versions of Drax were the best. Now he's another outlet for comic relief.

Yondu acts nothing like Yondu in the comics, and the Ravagers are a bunch of z-lister old Marvel Cosmic characters that are literally whos so unless people cared about the original GotG they won't care about these characters being changed.

Nova corps have always been kind of meh, except for a few individual characters, killing Garthan Saal was a waste of a potential villain tho.

But you know what I still like those characters.

The true crimes were Gamora and Ronan, Gunn fucked up big time there.
>>
I think part of the issue is that the trailer for the latest GOG movie was released just before the Logan trailer. The GOG trailer was fine, but the Logan trailer blew it away. Personally, I'm looking forward to both movies.
>>
Why is Yondu with the Guardians?
>>
I honestly just want muh blue evil waifu again.

Also movie is too far away to have hype.
>>
Baby Groot alone is a thing that makes me less excited about this movie. I felt like dumbing him down in the first one was a bad move and this takes it even further. I want muh DnA Groot.
>>
>>87203307

This post is pure dogshit.
>>
>>87202962
>until the reviews came and now I'm on the fence about it.
Babby needs his sugartit.
>>
>>87209801
Because he's an OG Guardian.
>>
>>87203307

>thinking movie theatres get that big of a cut from a blockbuster

Nigga theres a reason why they sell popcorn at 10 dollars a bucket.
>>
>>87205846
Im fine with the changes thus far, Guardians is a tough sell to begin with. Part of my complacency is that Gunn still managed to do something entertaining with these characters, and none of the changes were as offensive as say IM3's Mandarin. However one gripe that comes to mind is your pic. I REALLY want to see that Starlord costume come Infinity War
>>
>>87203171
>2.5 billion
>last week it was 1.3 billion

Keep pulling those numbers out of your ass, it'll never get old.
>>
I'll watch it in theaters but that doesn't mean I will like it.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.