[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"DOCTOR STRANGE" SPOILERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

Stephen Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) is a wealthy and arrogant neurosurgeon whose career is ruined after his hands are damaged in a car accident. His ex-girlfriend Christine Palmer (Rachel McAdams) tries to help him, but he pushes her away and squanders his fortune searching for a cure.

Strange ends up crossing paths with Jonathan Pangborn (Benjamin Bratt), a man who miraculously recovered from a crippling spinal injury, and directs him to the Kamar-Taj, a monastery in Nepal where Strange may find a cure.

Arriving there, Strange meets the Ancient One (Tilda Swinton) and her apprentice, Mordo (Chiwetel Ejiofor). They are sorcerers who protect the world from otherwordly threats, and offer to teach Strange as well.

Strange learns that Pangborn is a former student of the Ancient One who chose to return to his old life rather than become a sorcerer and protect the world. Strange then plans to leave once his hands are healed.

Strange is trained by The Ancient One, Mordo and Wong (Benedict Wong), the guardian of the Kamar-Taj's library, who initially dislikes Strange. Strange and Mordo become friends, and Strange learns that Mordo is loyal to the Ancient One because she saved his life, and is devoted to her teachings.

The Ancient One teaches Strange that sorcerers reshape reality by harnessing power from parallel dimensions, but he should never harness power from the Dark Dimension, because its powers are corrupting. He also shouldn't intervene with fundamental forces of reality such as time.
>>
Sounds good.
>>
>>87198978
>Doesn't want to make the Dread Dormammu his slave
Lame
>>
File: Doctor Strange.jpg (114KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Strange.jpg
114KB, 612x459px
Strange matures due to the Ancient One's teachings and decides to complete his training to become a sorceror and protect the world. Once his training is complete, Strange is given the Eye of Agamotto and relocates to the Sanctum Sanctorum in New York City.

The Ancient One's wayward apprentice Kaecilius (Mads Mikkelsen) and his followers, the Zealots, return in search of the scrolls needed to open a portal to the Dark Dimension. Kaecilius abandoned the Kamar-Taj because he believed that it was selfish for the Ancient One to forbid them from harnessing the power from the Dark Dimension. He's been corrupted by Dormammu and trying to help him cross over into the human world.

Kaecilius and the Zealots ambush Strange at the Sanctum Sanctorum and injure him, forcing him to seek Christine for help. Kaecilius goes after him, but the Ancient One, Mordo and Wong arrive to help.

Kaecilius reveals that the Ancient One has been harnessing the powers from the Dark Dimension for years, and it was her that accidentally alerted Dormammu to Earth's existence centuries ago. Mordo is disappointed that the Ancient One betrayed the principles she taught him.
>>
>>87198978
So wait will we actually see Dormmamu or are they leaving most of his stuff for the sequel?
>>
File: The Dark Dimension.jpg (67KB, 690x428px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Dimension.jpg
67KB, 690x428px
Strange, Mordo, Wong and the Ancient One prevent Kaecilius from opening the portal. Kaecilius fatally stabs the Ancient One, who dies despite Strange's attempts to save her.

Against Mordo's advice, Strange uses the Time Stone, which is embedded in the Eye of Agamotto, to defeat Kaecilius by reseting their fight numerous times until he finds a way to beat him. Strange, Kaecilius and the Zealots are then pulled into the Dark Dimension by Dormammu, who kills Kaecilius and his followers for their failure.

Strange confronts Dormammu, but can't defeat him, so he tricks Dormammu by trapping him in a time loop that Dormammu can only escape by sparing Strange and the human realm. Dormammu concedes defeat and Strange returns to Earth, closing the portal to the Dark Dimension.

Strange reunites with Christine, Mordo and Wong, and decides to keep protecting the world in honor of the Ancient One. Wong agrees to help him, but Mordo has grown desillusioned due to the Ancient One's lies and Strange's recklessness in manipulating time and leaves on his own.

In the mid-credits scene, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) visits Strange at the Sanctum Sanctorum and asks for help finding his father, Odin, who is somewhere on Earth.

In the after-credits scene, Mordo tracks down Pangborn and kills him, revealing he has vowed to rid the world of sorcerers.
>>
File: IMG_1633.jpg (132KB, 632x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1633.jpg
132KB, 632x960px
>>87199259

i really can't wait to see the sequences that take place from this screen shot
>>
>>87199259
sounds neat
>>
I just saw this thread on /tv/.
>>
It's shit but you dumbfaggots will still watch it for some reason, why? Why would you waste your time and money on a dumb marvel flick? Have you got nothing else better to do with your spare time? Go work on your education, your job. Fuck. It looks pretty though, so 10/10 from me
>>
>>87199356
>You can't watch movies and "work on your education"

dexter pls

party now study later
>>
>>87199356
So that's the after credits? Neato.
>>
sounds boring as fuck
>>
>>87199259
So we get to see Dormammu? Cool
>>
>I wouldn't put #DoctorStrange in Marvel's top five but it's an entertaining movie with big ideas, gorgeous CGI and unique action sequences.

>not going to say DOCTOR STRANGE is the best Marvel movie. It’s not. But it’s an awesome Doctor Strange movie with visuals that will floor u.

>DOCTOR STRANGE is guilty of *all* the usual Marvel movie problems, but Tilda & some VERY trippy visuals make it a spectacle worth savoring.
Will it be at least better than civil war?
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (97KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
97KB, 600x634px
>>87199356
>>
>>87199583
>no retards allowed
ftfy
>>
>>87198978
>>87199128
>>87199259
It's really a goddamn shame that all of this sounds so incredibly fucking boring and by the numbers. I literally yawned reading all this.
>>
>>87199668
Also, the Thor scene makes me really not give a fuck.
>>
>>87199552
well I'm sure most of those people would put Civil War in their top 5 marvel movies so probably not

but don't you dare say that on /co/ for the next 4 months
>>
>>87199259
Huh. How does Dormamu look?
>>
>>87199259
So this might be the only time we see Dormammu Lame
>>
>>87199738
If they are doing sequels, they probably will do him.
>>
>>87199783
Or Shuma Gorath
>>
>>87198978
>>87199128
>>87199259
Is this real? Because that sounds like too much happening and really contrived and unnecessary and all over the place.
>>
>>87199872
can't you see the shills in this thread fapping over it? of course it's real
>>
Sounds nice actually.

Glad to hear Dormammu's in it.
>>
>>87199259
>that time gem usage
I'm calling bullshit, I've seen that same strategy used in the "leaks" for GotG and AoU.
>>
>>87199872
>Contrived

>Accident
>Training
>Villain appears
>Moment of loss
>Villain is defeated
>Sequel hook

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
>>
Why do I feel like I've watched this movie before?
>>
>>87199259
Shame they killed The Ancient One off so soon, they've should've saved her death for a sequel with Shuma-Gorath, with her dying in an attempt to keep him from entering our dimension
>>
Why is Mordo not the villain? What possible reason could they have to fuck with the source material like that?
>>
>>87199872
The critics already said the story is shit. It's just a Transformers style SFX demo
>>
>>87200644
Character build-up. It's a tried and true storytelling tool for superhero movies.
>>
>>87200753
Using Dormammu for the first movie and saving Mordo for a potential sequel sounds is like using Parallax for the first movie and saving Sinestro for the sequel. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>87200830
Dormammu is not defeated, though.

Plus Mordo is the human character, he's the one that carries the emotional conflict.

Dormammu is just destruction. He's terrifying and awesome, but not particularly compelling.
>>
>>87200884
why not combine Kaecilius and mordo into one character

called mordo

I mean let's be fair, Marvel probably just shat out a shitty story so they could use an expensive actor for the villain of the first movie, kill him off, and use the same kind of TV rejects they always do for Mordo so they can keep him on contract for life, but that's not a good excuse for your movie being retarded
>>
>>87199259
>>87199128
>>87198978
>Evil Mordo
Nothing new
>>
>>87201117
Because they want Mordo to be a more complex character, given they're giving more layered motivations. Also...

>Chiweter Ejiofor
>TV reject

Dude was nominated for an Oscar.
>>
>>87199259
Trickery? I'm impressed. The end came out of nowhere though
>>
>>87199552

Civil War is in the, what, top 4, of MCU? Only real competition is Winter Soldier, Iron Man, and Guardians.
>>
File: 65.jpg (113KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
65.jpg
113KB, 961x759px
>>87199552
>I wouldn't put #DoctorStrange in Marvel's top five

Considering the only movies Marvel has made that are worth a shit are Iron Man 1, Guardians and Winter Soldier I guess this is another wasted opportunity.
>>
>>87200830
I wouldnt say Dormammu really counts this time, chances are he'll return in the sequel with Mordo
>>
So its green lantern 2 lmao
>>
File: panel_drs140b.jpg (62KB, 602x440px) Image search: [Google]
panel_drs140b.jpg
62KB, 602x440px
Has it been confirmed that we actually see Dormammu fiery head and all?
>>
Sounds a little boring but I'm sure the visuals will make up for it, I like the idea of Dormammu staring at the chess board and conceding since he's immortal and has nothing but time to come up with another plan.
>>
Is it better than the animated movie?
>>
>>87199259
>Against Mordo's advice, Strange uses the Time Stone, which is embedded in the Eye of Agamotto, to defeat Kaecilius by reseting their fight numerous times until he finds a way to beat him. Strange, Kaecilius and the Zealots are then pulled into the Dark Dimension by Dormammu, who kills Kaecilius and his followers for their failure.
>Strange confronts Dormammu, but can't defeat him, so he tricks Dormammu by trapping him in a time loop that Dormammu can only escape by sparing Strange and the human realm. Dormammu concedes defeat and Strange returns to Earth, closing the portal to the Dark Dimension.

Very Jojo. Very animu.
>>
[Spoiler]The Eye of Agamotto is the Time Gem....wtf[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler]"Oh don't manipulate time....but here's the Time Gem"[/Spoiler]

Well that's shit. At least he Dormammu stuff sounds cool
>>
>>87202091
I dunno man, critics downplayed Ant Man too, but that's one of my favorites.

It was just a really pure superhero movie.
>>
>>87202215
According to people that saw some VFX previews, all you DO see is his fiery head.
>>
>>87202450
>The Eye of Agamotto is the Time Gem....wtf
No, the Eye has the Time Gem INSIDE it, but it is separate from the Time Gem. It just contains it.
>>
>>87202450
The Eye isn't the Gem, the Gem is inside the Eye.
>>
>>87198978
>should never harness power from the Dark Dimension, because its powers are corrupting. He also shouldn't intervene with fundamental forces of reality such as time

Oh boy, let me guess, someone fucks with the dark dimension and time

>>87199259
>..

Oh boy, that was easy.
>>
File: men-in-black-3-jermaine-clement.jpg (39KB, 800x476px) Image search: [Google]
men-in-black-3-jermaine-clement.jpg
39KB, 800x476px
>>87202338
>resets the fight until he beats him

Agent J only needed one try.
>>
>>87202511
>>87202557

Ahhhh...well that's better
>>
>>87202579
Boris The Animal was kind of a scrub.
>>
People getting butthurt that the Eye is an Infinity Gem? How dumb are you?
>>
>>87202651
IT'S

JUST

BORIS

!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>87202651

Let's agree to disagree.
>>
File: Shuma Gorath.png (634KB, 500x925px) Image search: [Google]
Shuma Gorath.png
634KB, 500x925px
Well we could get Mindless ones in a sequel. Also how would Shuma work in a movie?
>>
Potentially even more rule bending by Strange and encouraged by him Infinity War.

Hoping Wanda does indeed use da evil Chaos Magic as that will cause Mordo to absolutely lose his shit.
>>
>>87202662
It is the Eye of Agamoto just Agamoto's mum gave him the time stone.
>>
These spoilers sound a lot better than the one about Strange writing Thor the dark world out of canon with the time gem.
>>
>>87201235
You do know movies have been able to give characters "complex motivations" for years without needing three films to set it up, right?

Besides, name one marvel movie that has used multiple movies to add complexity or depth to a character.
>>
>>87202970
>Strange writing Thor the dark world out of canon with the time gem.
That would've been hilarious.

But yeah, the spoilers do sound good. Hopefully they didn't go overboard with the jokes like in AoU.
>>
>>87203028
From what I'm hearing, they didn't. There's only one extended gag that didn't land.

Also, if that "Mister Doctor" quip triggered you, you might not like it that Kaecilius actually calls Strange that a few times throughout the movie.
>>
>>87203021
I don't know where you're seeing three movies when he's pretty clearly going to be the antagonist in the next one.

>Besides, name one marvel movie that has used multiple movies to add complexity or depth to a character.

Pretty much all of them? Cap, Stark and Black Widow have progressed considerably throughout their movie appearances.
>>
>>87203183
Nah I was fine with that part. The only time the comedy really bothered me in the MCU was in Age of Ultron.

I enjoyed Ant-Man, GotG, Avengers etc., it's just that in AoU the jokes felt really out of place and forced.
>>
>>87203251
I enjoy quite a bit of the humor from "Age of Ultron", the problem is the placement.

For example, Hawkeye and Black Widow nonchalantly talking about kitchen reforms while in a stressful battle scenario is a pretty amusing concept, but it's something you'd throw at the opening battle scene where you're just introducing the characters and showing them being good, not in the final battle where stakes are supposed to run high.
>>
>>87203251
>>87203288

I honestly feel if you go back and watch the first Avengers movie it has the most obnoxious unfunny Tony Stark out of all the movies, and that's including the Iron Man sequels.
>>
>>87203288
Oh yeah I did chuckle at some of the jokes, but like you said the placement and context they were used in in this movie was fucked.

It's not even that I don't enjoy Whedon's brand of humor, since I found the first Avengers movie really fun when I first saw it. In AoU it was annoying because it seemed to me like the movie didn't know what it wanted to be, a serious movie or a comedy. Avengers was a fun action comedy from start to finish, but AoU had all those dramatic moments that were immediately ruined by out of place quips (Quicksilver's death, Hawkeye and Widow banter in the car while everything was going to shit, Ultron's dramatic monologues undercut by jokes etc.). Avengers knew it was a silly action comedy and made it its strength, AoU wanted to be a more dramatic movie but Whedon (and executives maybe) didn't want to fully commit to that. It was ruined in the end by wanting to keep a lot of the comedy that made the first one so successful, not realizing that you cut all the dramatic tension by adding so many jokes.
>>
the fact that the Eye of Agomotto doesn't seem to be completely powered by the Time Gem is refreshing. That's like making Mjonir the fucking Power Gem.
>>
>>87203468
>>87203288
It's so annoying to me because I really, really feel like AoU could've been such a great movie if they committed to a more serious tone like Winter Soldier.

In my opinion it has some of the best scenes in the MCU (Vision's talk with Ultron, Stark's party scene, Hawkeye's pep talk to Wanda, Cap's dream with Peggy and Tony's vision of the future), but overall it didn't add up. Ultron could've also been an amazing villain if they let him be menacing like in the first trailer and if they drove home the fact that he is the way he is because of Tony's brain patterns (pretty sure they took that out in the movie, but I remember reading earlier interviews where they said they used Tony's brain patterns to make Ultron; plus there are still some leftover hints in the movie like Wanda saying "Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?"). This movie is the biggest waste of opportunity in the MCU in my opinion. It's not the worst movie they made by any means, but it's the one that makes me the angriest because it could've easily been really good, if not the greatest they made.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.