[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/, can someone please explain this mentality to me? Why does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: bats:supes.jpg (84KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
bats:supes.jpg
84KB, 700x350px
/co/, can someone please explain this mentality to me? Why does society as a whole find Batman more relatable than Superman? Why do people think that Batman doesn't have superpowers? Why do people think that Batman is more human than Superman?

>stronger than olympic weightlifter
>faster than olympic sprinter
>has billions of dollars for tech that no one else can get
>world's greatest martial artist
>world's greatest detective
>knows multiple languages
>every woman in the world wants bruce wayne's dick
>can beat anyone in the DCU, including gods, even though he himself is not a god

I love both Supes and Bats, but pretending that Bats isn't some form of superhero is just plain dumb. Yeah, we have stories like Year One where Bruce is arguably the most human he's ever been, but modern-day Bats is just as much of a fucking god as Superman or Wonder Woman. Is it literally just the Nolan movies that make the normies think these things?
>>
Because Superman is a genuinely nice guy that wants to help people out of the goodness of his heart.

Cynics can't wrap their head around that.
>>
>>87198024
Is not Batman skill set people find relatable, it's his emotions.

Superman is someone that makes you say "i would probably be a supervillian or a dictator".
Superman is so bright that it makes you feel dark, Bruce is someone that was inspired by his darkest moment, by anger and vengeance to improve himself.

You are autistic, people don't relate to supercars or flying, it's easier to relate to someone that is damaged goods that to the boy scout with loving parents, anyone that is over 5 years can understand being afraid to lost your parents.

Things are simple.
>>87198024
>Is it literally just the Nolan movies that make the normies think these things?

I really want underage faggots like you to leave /co/.
>>
>>87198142
>people don't relate to supercars or flying
Example 1 of how I know you've never read a Superman comic in your life

>it's easier to relate to someone that is damaged goods that to the boy scout with loving parents
So you think that it's easier to relate to a guy who had his parents murdered in front of him, and then used the billions of dollars of wealth that he gained from his parents to become a literal unstoppable god all in the act of vengeance? As opposed to the guy who works a 9-5 job in an office, has an office romance, and lives with his mother?

>You are autistic
Lol you're so mad and I didn't even respond yet.

>I really want underage faggots like you to leave /co/
Have you ever had a conversation about comics, or even Batman, in real life before? Like with real people, outside of /co/? Because here's the thing, about 70% of Batfans these days are fans BECAUSE of the Nolan movie's popularity, and they take that version of Batman to be fact because they don't know any better.
>>
>>87198427

>>87198427
>So you think that it's easier to relate to a guy who had his parents murdered in front of him, and then used the billions of dollars of wealth that he gained from his parents to become a literal unstoppable god all in the act of vengeance? As opposed to the guy who works a 9-5 job in an office, has an office romance, and lives with his mother?

No, i think is easier to related to someone that is angry than to someone that is not. No one related to Context, skills, powers or backstory, people relate to emotions that they can proyect themselves into. No one pretends they can relate to the bruce wayne facade, and for the vary same reason people don't relate to Clark's "mask", people don't see clark as the real character just like readers don't think Playboy bruce is the real bruce.
>Because here's the thing, about 70% of Batfans these days are fans BECAUSE of the Nolan movie's popularity

Batman has been the most popular superhero in the world since the 60's, stop your autism.
>>
You're not suppose to relate to Superman, he's suppose to be admirable and his exploits are suppose to be entertaining.

>>87198427

>As opposed to the guy who works a 9-5 job in an office, has an office romance, and lives with his mother?

Even when Supes parents were alive he didn't live with them. He moved out at like 17-18, traveled the world, and became a superhero in his twenties.
>>
>>87198830
>he's suppose to be admirable and his exploits are suppose to be entertaining.

OP doesnt care about that, he thinks nolan is the reason why batman is popular
>>
>>87198046
First post is best post.

Superman might be more relatable in terms of his background, and neither of them are even close to normal people in terms of skills and capabilities, but the "Batman is more relatable" meme definitely stems from people being too cynical (especially about themselves) and/or dickish to find a genuinely nice person relatable.
>>
>>87199017
Nolan IS the reason that Batman's popularity spiked in the mid 2000's. Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>87198677
>i think is easier to related to someone that is angry

And you are sure proving that, holy hell. What third world shithole are you from anyway? You type/spell like a third grader, I can barely understand the point you're trying to get across.
>>
File: Clap Whale.jpg (6KB, 261x190px) Image search: [Google]
Clap Whale.jpg
6KB, 261x190px
>>87198046
Yep
It's a idealism versus cynicism, if we go by the bare minimum
In this world, Superman is who you wish to be, Batman is who you'll probably need
>>
Because more people are flawed than virtuous.
>>
>>87198046
I'm a complete cynic, and Supes has been my favorite superhero for 20+ years. Even though I personally am not a firm believer in things turning out good in the end, there's something to be said for a guy who is above that sort of thing.
>>
>>87198046
Pretty much this but I would argue it isn't cynics that will not understand superman but rather people that aren't idealistic and tend to be pragmatic.

Superman seems alien not because of his powers but because of his lack of humanity, everyone sees him as a boy scout, which is why the best sup comics are the ones that explore his emotions and make him far more human than this idealistic version of a person that happens to have god like powers.
>>
>>87199200
>Nolan IS the reason that Batman's popularity spiked in the mid 2000's.

And burton was in the 90's, and O'neil in the 70's, and the Adam west series in the 60's...

Underage idiots like you need to shut up.
>>
>>87199491
Sorry but he is right, The Batman movies certainly introduce the character to an entire generation. and they were not only great movies and huge financial success but also were more than just "fun" movies.
>>
File: 1332184446950.jpg (81KB, 1021x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1332184446950.jpg
81KB, 1021x1027px
>>
>>87199491
K. Go into any local clothing store, hell, just Google "Joker shirts" and let me know how many Heath Ledger shirts you find. Then let me know how many Jack Nicholson shirts you find. Or Caesar Romero. Then do the same for Batman. From about 2008-2012, there were more Nolan Dark Knight shirts and apparel in stores than there were classic Batman logos.

Did you see that sort of thing with Superman when MoS released? No, you didn't.

Also, stop trying to act like you're so fucking elder and whatnot. You act, and type, like you're a child. Were you fucking alive for Adam West in the 60's? Cuz I highly doubt someone that old is on a fucking cartoon board on /co/.
>>
>>87198046
>>87199071
>>87199253
>>87199438
>>87199474

OP here. This is pretty much exactly what I expected the responses to be. People who hate Superman mostly never read a Superman book so they have no idea what the character is actually about, whereas those same people love Batman for the same reasons; they've never read a Batman book and just assume that his dark and edgy personality is better.
>>
>>87199712
>K. Go into any local clothing store, hell, just Google "Joker shirts" and let me know how many Heath Ledger shirts you find. Then let me know how many Jack Nicholson shirts you find. Or Caesar Romero. Then do the same for Batman. From about 2008-2012, there were more Nolan Dark Knight shirts and apparel in stores than there were classic Batman logos.

>/co/ doesnt understand how movie merch works
>>
>>87198046
I consider myself a huge cynic. I don´t expect much from people, I tend to think that most of humanity, including myself, are idiotic, greedy, selfish and downright evil. I think kindness is manipulation to get what you want from others without resorting to violence.
However, whenever I see Superman, I can´t see that. He already has the power of a god; why would he want to manipulate people into giving him what he already has? I love Superman for that reason. He makes me hope we can be better and that human kindness might be genuine after all.
>>
>>87199712
Not that anon, but I have seen 60 year old or more on /a/ before, the same on /v/.
>>
>>87199781
Yep. Sure don't understand movie merch. There is definitely nothing to be said when Heath Ledger still has the most readily available Joker shirts to this day than any other incarnation. Nothing at all. Definitely has nothing to do with the popularity of him.
>>
>>87199827
>There is definitely nothing to be said when Heath Ledger still has the most readily available Joker shirts to this day than any other incarnation.

>2008 version of something is in more merch that the 19 years older version or the 42 years older version
>>
>>87199774
Guilty as charged though from what I did read of Superman he is always portrait as this beacon of hope for humanity and "inspiration" rather than solution, he shouldn't bother with Earth Politics and basically be a dictator, fuck the rest. He should use his power for the good of the people now and not act like a religious leader that preach a lot and do fucking nothing.
>>
>>87198024
Of course Batman has superpowers in everything but the literal sense, but people can imagine becoming him. Like James Bond or other badass normals. We like to think that if we weren't poor and lazy, we could spend lots of money and do lots of training and become Batman.

Even for heroes who got their power from radiation or whatever, like Hulk and Spider-Man, we can sort of imagine that maybe SCIENCE! will give us powers.

Superman gets his powers by being from another planet, so if we were born on Earth we can't really fantasize about being him (unless it turns out we were adopted).
>>
>>87198024
batman gets a pass for being human and for his stuff being more cynical and dark.

Superman is a genuinely nice guy and as dumb as it might sound, that can bother some people. he also gets shit for his power set. there are a ton of people who think that NOTHING besides kryptonite can hurt him or give him trouble when he has enemies who can do that
>>
>>87198024
In Supergods Morrison talked about culture going through 'hippie' and 'punk' stages, alternating between the two. While he tacked it on fazes of the sun or whatever, the core idea is believable.

So, a 'punk' culture that produces a lot 'edgy' for lack of a better term stuff, like Linkin Park, Game of Thrones, Etc.. Will prefer the 'edgier' of the pair, Batman.

Conversly a 'hippie' culture with upbeat stuff like TOS Star Trek, The Beatles,etc would prefer Superman.

Though this is me talking out my ass and i'm very likley wrong.
>>
File: Pizza Power.png (267KB, 262x403px)
Pizza Power.png
267KB, 262x403px
>tfw you love both Batman AND Superman, and even prefer one over the other but can admit they're both legitimately compelling & entertaining characters
>>
>>87199635
>>
>>87198024
>Why does society as a whole find Batman more relatable than Superman?
Superficial views on what their characters are about. Casuals, like most of /co/ think a super hero is only their powers, Batman doesnt have and Superman does so Bats is closer to us.

>Why do people think that Batman doesn't have superpowers?
Aside from a few specific moments, that´s just the writing pushing the limit of what a human can reasonably do. Which I agree is good for Batman, but bad for Superman.

It gets way worse when you think about it. People find Superman boring because he has too much powers so nothing should be a problem to him.....yet he has been published for 70 years so something has had to happen to him.
Despite this, Batman is praised BECAUSE nothing is a problem to him(apparently).

tl;dr people are retarded.
>>
>>87200080
I also enjoy both Bats and Supes. They're two of my top 3 along with Flash. I just don't understand how people think Batman is the most relatable hero ever and they don't even give Supes a passing glance, even going as far as to "hate" him, hence the thread asking for thoughts and opinions.
>>
>>87198142
>it's easier to relate to someone that is damaged goods that to the boy scout with loving parents
I had loving parents, know lots of people that do so and literally no one who´s case is the same has lost them because of a crime.
>>
>>87199774
I mean, what exactly did you expect? No one reads comic books any more. Everyone just post some page from the books and talk about how a character is supposed to be this or that
>>
I don't think it's a matter or relating or not to the character.

Going by my casual friends, they like Batman more because they think he's more interesting than Superman personality wise. None of them said that he's relateable, just that they find him more fascinating to watch. Also, part of the reason they like Batman more than Superman is his rogue gallery and supporting characters.
>>
>>87200019
Nah anon, I agree with that theory too. Heck, you can see it on /co/ over the years, how the popular consensus has swung from "we're sick of early 00s grimdarkness, let us have FUN stories! Any drama is automatically 'WANGST'!" to "we're sick of all this pastel-colored comfy 'fun' bullshit, we want edgier cartoons and comics!"

Just look at how the /co/nsensus opinion has on say, All-Star Batman & Robin has shifted.
>>
>>87200233
I'm specifically talking about people who do claim to relate to Batman though. It's not a matter of who you like more. Your friends are allowed to like Batman, that's fine, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>87200130
>I just don't understand how people think Batman is the most relatable hero eve

No one has said that, EVER.
OP compared Superman and Batman and got his anser in the first 3 posts.
>>
>>87200233
>Going by my casual friends

Casuals and Normies are not the same thing. You seem to be a casual. Not even trying to insult you, but Casuals usually get confused. /co/ in general is a extremely casual board.
>>
> world's greatest martial artist

I think Jackie Chan who, not wanting any trouble, could beat him.
>>
>>87200297
>No one has said that, EVER

lmao go outside
>>
>>87200360
Name four other martial artists other than Jackie Chan
>>
>>87200414
You are autistic, you hear he is relatable and you hear he is the most relatable ever.
>>
>>87200544
Wow, you are ACTUALLY getting caught up over one word. It's not about being the most relatable ever, it's about being more relatable than Superman. Not that Batman is relatable to begin with outside of "lol hes so dark and edgy lmao so cynical XD"
>>
I like both Superman and Batman, they're my top 2 ever. I fucking love them both.

I think Batman is fundamentally misunderstood because deep down he IS an idealistic character. Everything from Batman comes from the desire of making things better. If he believed things are so shitty they couldn't ever improve he wouldn't do shit about it. Casuals like him but dobn't really understand him deep down.
>>
>>87200576
Read
>>87200130

Also

Literally from the first 3 posts

>anyone that is over 5 years can understand being afraid to lost your parents.

Anyway, people don't like batman more "cuz relatable".

>Batman is relatable to begin with outside of "lol hes so dark and edgy lmao so cynical XD"
>>
>>87200610
The beauty of characters like Superman and Batman is that they are more of a reflection of what we want than what they are.
They can be anything we want them to be, albeit more often than not they end up being what the current writer want them to be.
Superman is the epitome of the "good" and Batman is the epitome of "cool". How the goodness and coolness manifest depend on however we want to interpret it.

Remember in the Dark Knight, the whole thing about being whatever Gotham needs Batman to be? That's comic books. They are whatever we want them to be.
>>
>>87200610
>Casuals like him but dobn't really understand him deep down.

I disagree, they get it: kid suffer a lost, kid grow up to fight bad things and make the world better.

Normies and casuals get it.
>>
>>87200701
Did you miss the rest of the thread where everyone called him a fucking retard?

>Anyway, people don't like Batman more "cuz relatable"
I literally never said that. Read the thread you autistic fuck. I asked WHY people think Bats IS MORE RELATABLE THAN SUPES. Not why they like Batman more.
>>
File: 4054361-4309485413-40494.jpg (280KB, 960x742px) Image search: [Google]
4054361-4309485413-40494.jpg
280KB, 960x742px
>>87200233
>Also, part of the reason they like Batman more than Superman is his rogue gallery and supporting characters.
I'm glad you made this point. Superman's supporting cast and rogues gallery don't get NEARLY enough love - I've never seen any Supermedia that treated them with equal respect and screentime. I *LOVED* Lois & Clark growing up as a kid - Dean Cain's affable, everyman Clark is why I never understood people who say Supes is "not relatable", and I loved his interactions with Lois, Jimmy, Perry and his folks. On the other hand, even as a kid I was disappointed by the relative lack of supervillains - although his villains were hammy enough, they were usually just crooks in business suits.

And then Superman TAS came out, which gave me a crash course in all the great villains Superman has, and even added a few of their own like Livewire and Volcana and even threw in the fucking NEW GODS - buuuut upon rewatching it, I realized that the Daily Planet crew gets short shrift. Lois never learning Clark's secret was such a huge missed opportunity by the DCAU, and while Jimmy got one-and-a-half focus episodes, he was just kind of a schmuck. Perry was basically a nonentity.

I'm not gonna touch Smallville with a ten-foot pole - suffice to say, most people only remember the Luthors, MAYBE Brainiac cuz of Marsters' fans, and just about every character was bastardized.

Superman Returns was, appropriately, heralded as the triumphant return to the cinema - and that not only did weird, uncomfortable shit with the Lois/Clark/Supes dynamic, but relied on the same stock Lex Luthor bullshit that people were already sick of.

Man of Steel has in-name-only versions of the Daily Planet more or less unconnected to Clark until the very end, and while I haven't seen BvS, Snyder seems to be stuck in "the only Superman villains are the ones from the Donner movies" mindset.

It's a crying shame.
>>
>>87200744
Then normies and casuals aren't really THAT cynical.
>>
>>87200783
>IS MORE RELATABLE THAN SUPES

>ANYONE above 5 can understand the motivation of losing your parents

What's so hard to understand about that?
>>
File: World's Finest Friends.jpg (81KB, 400x477px) Image search: [Google]
World's Finest Friends.jpg
81KB, 400x477px
>>87200610
>>87200744
This.

It's why I don't give a fuck about Superman and Batman dick measuring contests - I prefer when they're super-BFFs. The only people who think they'd hate each other are comic-reading turbonerds or chest-bumping edgebros, because they only befriend OTHER turbonerds and edgebros.
>>
Childhood is idolizing Superman. Being a teen means you identify with Batman. Adulthood is when you realize Spiderman makes more sense.
>>
They're just characters. It all comes down to Superman not having many quality adaptations as Batman, for casuals to be exposed to them. STAS got overshadowed by BTAS. The live action shows and movies ranged from mediocre to cringe, while Nolan movies and Arkham series were received well. Superman is a character who not many writers can write well. Almost every writer in live action only focuses on Clark Kent's life to make him seem relateable, with Superman as just a job. No adaptation has ever fleshed out Superman as a person.
>>
>>87201322
Sometimes I'm inclined to think this. Captain America became pretty popular thanks to the movies.
>>
>>87201124
I love their friendship is usually portrayed.
Superman treats Batman like his best friend (because he is, if I´m correct) but he doesn´t without the apprehension other people have with him except those who are extremely close to him. And Supes is one of the few people Bruce feels he can be completely honest with.
The fact that they are so different is also one of its strongest points. Batman and Superman's friendship is one of the most interesting and endearing in all of comicbooks.
>>
>>87198024
Obviously Batman is a superhero. Yes, he's called human despite being anything but. So what? In a world full of city-busting superheroes and planetary threats, he, a human, can stand up to them and contribute just as much as any superhero despite being powerless in comparison.

He's was just a boy who wanted to better himself after tragedy struck. Is that not relatable?

If you can't understand how so many people can relate to Batman, the problem's with you, not everyone else.
>>
>>87201180
>Adulthood is when you realize Spiderman makes more sense.

Never catching a break, always struggling to pay the bills, performing a thankless job and generally having life kicking you in the balls whenever you try to be a good person.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.
>>
>>87201180
Yes, selling your marriage to the devil makes more sense.
>>
File: 1387323566442.jpg (190KB, 495x515px) Image search: [Google]
1387323566442.jpg
190KB, 495x515px
While I happen to have you all here. Why can't Batman be a villain for once? With all of his skills and preptime, he would be a good super villain to face and use both good and badguys as chess pieces. How many times have Superman been evil or mind controlled to be evil now?
>>
>>87201523
>Captain America became pretty popular thanks to the movies.

He isnt really popular.
He is in popular movies, but he is still low tier.
I mean he isnt even in the top 50 costumes for this halloween
>>
>>87202065
>Why can't Batman be a villain for once?
The movie was called Batman v Superman.
>>
>>87198024
Well judging from my experience on /co/ people like Batman because he is a flawed individual that still tries his best to be a good person, which ends up being what most people are.

Superman appeals more to people that want to feel morally superior to other for liking him, like this thread proved yet again.
>>
>>87204118

Don't be so harsh, some people just hate batman and pretend to like Superman like some posters here. That way they can trick superfags into supporting their shallow arguments.
>>
>>87198024
> Is it literally just the Nolan movies that make the normies think these things?
Well duh, it's not like normies read comics.
See, for a lot of people those things don't exist because they're not familiar with comics Batman (especially considering some of those are informed attributes). In movies he gets his ass beat by a 5ft9 big guy, outwitted by a clown and mostly speaks English.

And fucking hell can people stop pretending being a billionaire and speaking several languages is a superpower? There are literal hundreds of people irl who fit that description.

His "power" is pretty much the same as most protags: plot armor.
>>
>>87198024
>Why do people think that Batman doesn't have superpowers

Because they don't think that a utility belt/car/other bat-gadget that will have pretty much anything a writer needs it to have to make anything challenge/villain/etc. that is being faced by Batman at that moment, be easily resolved.

That's not a superpower, it's just bad writers making shitty stories about an 'ordinary' billionaire.
>>
>>87198427
>and they take that version of Batman to be fact because they don't know any better.
But it is fact. It's one version of Batman, they don't have to take other versions of Batman into consideration or to "know better".

Fuck by that reasoning Superman is still a superdick.
>>
>>87199578
>were more than just "fun" movies.
Not really. Anybody who learned anything from the pseudo-philosophy in the Nolan movies is a damn idiot. Joker was basically the True Lies villain.
>>
>>87199774
I hate how Superfags jerk off to that idea.
>what the character is actually about
What incarnation are you talking about?
Because there are so many versions that at this point fans just pick the one they like (or elements from here and there that they like) and pretend that's what Supes is all about, but when you dig a bit there's a lot of disagreement among Superfags themselves.

What I'm trying to say is that you're almost as guilty as casuals of headcanon here, you just do it by willingly ignoring the material that doesn't fit rather than just not being aware of it.
>>
>>87200323
Capefags should never get the gumption to call anybody a casual.
>>
>>87204907
I actually agree, capecomics in general are casual comic reading.
>>
>>87204689
That's not what he implied you underage dumbass. He was saying that the movies were seen as real movies and not just pop corn crap by the masses.
>>
>>87205247
That's not what he was saying, no.
He didn't imply it was the popular opinion rather than his.
And what the fuck is a "real movie"? They're definitely pop corn movies.

And I'm pretty sure I'm older than you.
>>
>>87200108
>Despite this, Batman is praised BECAUSE nothing is a problem to him(apparently).
That's what I've always found irksome about the matter. So often I hear folks ragging on Superman for being "too powerful" and "totally invincible" then turn right around and vehemently refuse to entertain the notion that Batman could ever fail or lose to anyone. Same thing applies to Hulk fans who declare Superman boring for being so powerful and then praise the Hulk for being the strongest thing ever.

So, I find it's really nothing to do with what a character is capable of. Any competent writer can craft a compelling story no matter how powerful a character is, see Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

It's really more about people's perception of the characters and in a broad sense, characters like Batman, Hulk, Wolverine, Punisher, and the like, they are rebels who say "Fuck the rules" and do their own things, whether that's seen as heroic or not. In the zeitgeist we live in today, I think a lot of people are fed up with authority, government, and laws that all seem to be corrupt and self-serving, or else more people just feel a massive sense of entitlement and want to be free to do whatever the hell they want.

Meanwhile, Superman stands for morality, law, order, playing by the rules, etc and that can be viewed as being passive, submissive, lacking in personal ambition and generally being a tool. He comes from the total opposite end of the spectrum than the others, so he seems like an authority figure talking down to those that wan to lash out in rebellion. He's rejected out of hand due to this.

All of these characters have merits, but some just have more broad appeal than others. And some are just more vocal in their opinions on them.
>>
>>87205588
People have a hard time sorting aside powerlevel shit from what they like. Happens with basically every character, only Superfags have the luxury to usually be right about him not losing.
Who the fuck likes the Hulk?

The rest of your post is correct. Younger people (teenagers and young adults) also tend to like rebels a lot.
And it's also the reason that so many people like Lex and/or identify with him, he's (ironically) seen as the little guy rebelling against the all-powerful status quo that Superman represents.
>>
>>87205826
>Who the fuck likes the Hulk?
We're gonna be seeing a lot of them when the next DeathBattle ep.drops.

Trust me on this.
>>
File: 1451810529613.jpg (68KB, 526x257px) Image search: [Google]
1451810529613.jpg
68KB, 526x257px
>it's a "people are too stupid to follow Superman into the sun and share his glory" thread
>>
>>87206031
I've stopped paying attention to those for a while now. The only good parts were the fights themselves and they've been getting consistently worse.
I can't imagine that superstrongguy vs superstrongguy is going to be good.
>>
>>87206190
Probably not, but I'll bet you a lot of folks are going to have an opinion on it, just the same.

Personally, I haven't been a fan since their Goku v Superman rematch.

It seemed like they were going to present New52 Supes but then continued using feats from alternate sources, they mention the Super Flare power and then never use it in the fight.

And then they just say, "Superman's bullshit so he wins lol" and called it a day. I gotta say, it felt pretty phoned in, and half-assed.
>>
>>87206031
It's like 3 retards in this board. One of them is an autistic child that doesnt understand the pages he post as feats
>>
>>87206362
I really don't give a shit about the "science", I just want a good looking, entertaining fight, and I've seen only 2: the 1st Goku vs Supes and Spidey vs Bats.
All the fights after that have either been half-assed to some degree or just had poor casting choices.
>>
>>87205588
but the entire point of Batman is that he wants to bring back authority and rules in Gotham and constantly works with the police

he is considered a borderline fascist character by most people
>>
>>87206837
He wants to make his argument simple, his argument work to justify batman being more popular than his favorite character, ignore it.
>>
>>87206837
>he is considered a borderline fascist character by most people
Where do people get those "most people" things?
Most people I know don't misuse the term "fascist".
>>
>>87198024
false assumption. bats is rich. people don't relate to him but they want to.
>>
>>87198024
you're forgetting the fact that those two characters are shoved down people's throats as the end all be all of comics, that it can only be capeshit.

the mentality is consumer mentality. those two characters have been hashed and rehashed for decades - coming up on a century.
>>
>>87200360

Imagine if Jackie wanted trouble and had one of those retractable stairs at his disposal.

He could outfight the entire league of assasins.
>>
>>87198024
He's the power fantasy of the modern slave of the first world.

Rich = power
Being able to train and get good at everything = power
Being able to build/buy magically powerful bullshit = power

He's the living emodiment of the fantasy of the self made man that's been shilled to every single young boy in modern society as a way to keep them as happy slaves and working in the modern lie that is meritocracy/work your way out of slavery.

That's it.

And let's face it.
Superman, by his very nature is without a doubt for as long as he exists in the quasi realistic comics of today is deeply evil and selfish entity.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.