[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Indie book kills off its lead character Why do writers keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Steve.jpg (39KB, 341x323px) Image search: [Google]
Steve.jpg
39KB, 341x323px
>Indie book kills off its lead character
Why do writers keep doing this hack shit?
>>
Because it's "shocking".
>>
Killing characters is the ultimate way of making people think your work is good.
>>
>>87195083
Name 5 indie books that do that
>>
>>87195693
JoJo's bizarre adventure
>>
>>87195083
I can see where they're coming from, they're desperate to differentiate their work from the status-quo fest that is mainstream comics. They're just choosing a really cheap way of doing so.
>>
>>87195083
>huuuuuuuur I dont like thing, you are a haaaaaack!

Nice criticism.
>>
>>87195083
Damn that's a good reaction image.
>>
>>87195693
Invincible.
>>
>>87196389
But Mark is still alive?
>>
Because people always complain about plot armor.
>>
>>87196335
You didn't expect better did you?
>>
>>87196335
Even though I'm generally not against killing off major lead characters, I still see it perfectly reasonable to oppose that. Of course we don't know the exact comics OP is talking about, so we don't know how the deaths have been handled, so it's hard to say whether the criticism is legit or not.
>>
>>87196400
They did a fakeout for a few issues
>>
>>87197218
Still doesn't count unless he actually died.
>>
>>87195693
Southern Bastards did it.
>>
>>87195083
I think more mainstream books kill lead characters than indie books, my man.
>>
>>87195693
deadly class
>>
>>87195693
Alabaster did too, but it also wasn't the end of the story and death is hardly the end in that setting if Bird and Maisie are anything to go by.
>>
>>87198143
Remender kills the mc at least once in each of his ongoings.
Fear Agent
Black Science
Uncanny X-Force
Punisher
Tokyo Ghost
Low
Deadly Class (not back yet)
Captain America got depowered and set aside, not sure if counts. Ian Rogers got killed three times in the same run too.
I don't remember much about Uncanny Avengers but probably did it there too.
>>
>>87199976
But the MC in Tokyo Ghost was Debbie, and I don't remember the MC dying in Low.
>>
>>87200045
Debbie was "killed" during the explosion, nobody bought that death tho.
And everyone in Low survived about 5 fatal wounds and one of the daughters was left to die, i expect a return in like 5 issues.
>>
>>87196335
>huuuuuuuur I dont like thing, you are a haaaaaack!

You critique isn't that much better, anon. At least the OP' is less passive aggressive.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.